Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Can you please sort the Chat out. I have to click the chat box to put myself online most of the time and then can't even see all of the messages sent because text is too far off to the right hand side to be read.

Id heard that the option to make a player unavailable was being withdrawn. Yet in my gameworld there are still many teams with whole squads still unavailable. Have you had a rethink or is this change to come soon?

Clubs/Managers who had players with minimum fee's and unavailable settings before the update have not had them removed from players since the update. They could right now effectively keep the players status that way.

You know if you ducktape a PS4 to a Laptop and ipad navigation is a lot easier major tip thank me later. Seriously though since re launch these ads placements are blocking parts of the game first it was on the match screen then couldn't use chat now can't see new player sorry new number list as the ad is blocking half of it.

Been playing since mid 06 I want to keep playing heck i even pay for GM even though i think it's garbage but on several devices I just can't play the game. I have been waiting years like many for these updates more so 2d engine in MP but i'm being forced to leave as I can't use or view main aspects of the game because stupid ad placement. I'm sorry but the guy who done this is a dummy and what happened to '' we don't want ads ruining your experience so we try keep it minimal'' a video ad on the view match screen is almost disrespectful to paying customers ESPECIALLY paying customers.

Alright. So i have played this game for 7-8 years. Over that period of time i have really enjoyed what you guys have been giving us. I paid to become a gold manager too. But as time went on you (SMFA) started changing website design every so often it seemed. Rather that focus on the actual issues the game has itself such as player concerns etc.. you went for rather pointless face-lifts.

I'm not a fan of this new design at all. Here's my reasons:

• Everything is so god damn huge. I'm not a 5 year old i can see. There is no reason for it to be this big
  • The dark background is pointless, what does it serve? it just seems really crowded and a far reach from a simple layout. The layout is really really bad and confusing. The dark colours make me feel like i have to search for everything, why not white?
  • The different tabs for different actions seems wasteful and would make it difficult for newbies who aren't sure where everything is. Why not have it all on one thing to make it easy and simple to use? that's what soccermanager used to be.   
  • Club messages are not clear anymore. These are the main cause of conern for all managers yet we have to click on club to see them. Back to my other point again, but there is no need for the club messages to be so huge.
  • The tactics update has screwed alot of managers, not alot we can do there but i could only assume the orange around my player means they are out of position? and green means fine? 
  • The star around the rating is cool but it dosnt stand out, i find myself looking at the photo of the player first, should look to make the ratings the first thing to stand out as this is what this game is all about, ratings
  • There is a real sense of being alone. There is hardly any communication between managers.You took away the newspaper which was a great way to chat and have banter with other managers. You should look to make that a high priority or else you will lose heaps of players which you already are.
  • My last point, like 97% of these comments are negative. LISTEN TO THE FANS AND PLAYERS OF THIS GAME We don't want this new clunky ugly slow update. instead of this relaunch nonsense you could have changed the way you do the ratings, like in regions as it used to be.

Anyway thats what i think. I have loved this game for so long. Just saddens me to see these kinds of changes aimed at attracting new people to the game. Instead you should listen to what we want and keep it simple.

Be interesting to see if SMFA take notice and make the changes.  

Can anybody tell me how I can turn on holiday mode as the option seems to have disappeared

It's been removed in the update.

You're currently unable to click players in club messages to look at their profile which is really annoying. You can however click on the club link that they're currently playing at for example.

Who's this PretorianGuard? He seems to yap quite a bit when people who've spend their hard earned money complaining about the product they are receiving. Wind your neck in.

@Steven and SM Devs, Admins and whoever, it was very explicitly stated that Economy changes (player values, wages, TV money etc) would be OPTIONAL for Custom Gameworlds. Why have you changed them for everyone?

This has killed our gameworld of 50 people that has been running for over 3 years and we have had people quit already. We have spent countless hours building our teams and overnight this has been flipped on its head and completely undone. We could ask for our money back for the years of gold membership we have paid but what about the time we put in? Just throw that all away?

It was also said that for a limited time people would be allowed to switch between old and new interface. Other then a skin change there is no other option.

It has been said so many times that the new interface is really nauseating and you have made no changes. The layout might be just about bearable if that horrible dark background of the stadium and lights wasn't there.

You started this game 10 years ago because you wanted to be different from the regular Football Manager, well today I can say you have achieved your goal because in contrast to Football Manager you do not listen or care about your customers!

P.S. Regarding the new magical match engine, we had someone in our GW forget to change his team from Tuesday's cup game of 78 and 80 rated players and they won comfortably with reduced fitness 4-0 against a an 89-90 team of 100% fitness. Much worse than before lol - Really need to get back to the drawing board on everything.

Hey Guys, thanks for taking time to give us feedback. Just to keep you all in the loop we are currently working on a number of issues which have been flagged by yourselves which should hopefully be resolved today, all being well

1) The menu boxes are being shrunk along with the squad and tactics page. This should stop a lot of scrolling and display more info on the page.

2) Chat issues are being fixed

3) Speed issues still being worked on

4) Link to Soccer Wiki being added back in

5) Certain pages like club are going to be allowed to be opened in new tabs

6) Visiting squad will default to first team

7) Shortlist issues will be fixed

8) Custom game world rules being added as cant currently see them

9) Adding separation between starting XI and subs

10) Adding ability to share certain things like results, transfer etc back to news feed

11) 'Clear Squad' option being added to tactics 

12) Reviewing how video ads work when viewing a match report - e.g. for gold managers the number of these ads that they will see will be reduced

So hopefully as stated above these changes will be implemented in time for the weekend

I've found that when you attempt to see the League table of Division 5 in those game worlds that have a Division 5 of course, the page never loads and therefore you are unable to check the league table.

Can I make a suggestion regarding the landing page and the news/mail notification?

Thanks to the shading design you've chosen it's nigh on impossible to determine when there's messages or not, at least under the old design you had the red circle along with the number of messages, this new fangled design it's virtually impossible.

So as you're already working on improving the separation between the starting XI and the subs on the tactics page can you do something about improving the visibility on this? 

SM%20mail_zps0vqgklpd.jpg

3 key things:

I see you've tried to nerf 352- that's understandable as it was OP. However, I feel it's been gone about the wrong way. By making AMs no longer able to play on the right or left of midfield, you've got a major issue in player positions being wrong. Many AMs on SM are actually more so right or left midfielders in real life. If you simply search for the top rated right of left mids, you'll find a large proportion are actually defenders, and the number of right and left mids is incredibly low, which is completely wrong!

2nd, the tactics page is an absolute mess. God knows why you've removed stored tactics as myself and I know plenty others used this feature a great amount. The simple drag and drop method is now too difficult as everything is too big. And I don't care about seeing player faces in tactics, that takes up too much room, I care about seeing their rating and position stand out!

3rd, news feed is so much worse. Everything's too big so you can't just glance at it and get an overall view, you have to scroll and scroll. Manager communication is also much more difficult in the feed.

Overall, I must unfortunately say that I greatly preferred the old layout. Man, how i'd pay to have it back. It was so much more simplified. I don't care about fancy graphics, I want simplicity and ease of use. I wonder if those making the changes play the game in a serious way as they've gone for fanciness over accessibility.

I won't post this without at least saying some positives. I'm glad SM are now proactive in development and hopefully seem to be listening to their users more. We went through a very dark period where many members jumped ship over the last 3 years of so.

And the app update is great. Little complains there.

This post may seem harsh, but as an 8 year member my opinion should be highly valued. I want SM to reach its full potential but many changes need making to this update for that to happen.

Can I make a suggestion regarding the landing page and the news/mail notification?

Thanks to the shading design you've chosen it's nigh on impossible to determine when there's messages or not, at least under the old design you had the red circle along with the number of messages, this new fangled design it's virtually impossible.

So as you're already working on improving the separation between the starting XI and the subs on the tactics page can you do something about improving the visibility on this? 

SM%20mail_zps0vqgklpd.jpg

this is a really great point. the new big menu options look nice but their usability is basically non-existent.

3 key things:

I see you've tried to nerf 352- that's understandable as it was OP. However, I feel it's been gone about the wrong way. By making AMs no longer able to play on the right or left of midfield, you've got a major issue in player positions being wrong. Many AMs on SM are actually more so right or left midfielders in real life. If you simply search for the top rated right of left mids, you'll find a large proportion are actually defenders, and the number of right and left mids is incredibly low, which is completely wrong!

like I've said: their tactical changes (re: 352, 343, etc.) had to happen. but they simultaneously needed to update player positions according to the new guidelines because right now a whooooooooole lot of players and formations are basically useless.

they can't blame this on soccerwiki. this is an issue directly effecting their game and should have been dealt with.

Questions

1. With regards to revised attendances and stadium building, any idea of roughly when we will see teams be notified that their stadia is in line for an increase?
  2. Is it possible to make it clearer what the general impact of each economy setting will be on the game world and how the income will change for each team so I can get a rough idea of what setting would be best for my game world when changing the setting next season?

Thanks. If I can think of anything else I'll make a new post.

Unfortunate about the lack of replies to my post but could I please get a response to these two questions from a dev?

Hey Guys, thanks for taking time to give us feedback. Just to keep you all in the loop we are currently working on a number of issues which have been flagged by yourselves which should hopefully be resolved today, all being well

1) The menu boxes are being shrunk along with the squad and tactics page. This should stop a lot of scrolling and display more info on the page.

10) Adding ability to share certain things like results, transfer etc back to news feed

12) Reviewing how video ads work when viewing a match report - e.g. for gold managers the number of these ads that they will see will be reduced

So hopefully as stated above these changes will be implemented in time for the weekend

This is very positive. No.1 in particular will make me feel far less claustrophobic.

One thing I can see is that the dividing lines (denoting auto promotio/playoff etc) in the league tables appear to be wrong.

I dont care about the layout change, will get used to it eventually. Also dont care about the match engine, if its improved then great.

What i do care about though is player values and positions. I have been playing this game for about 5 years and build teams for the long term.  I take on mostly small clubs that i can guide through the leagues and build into a top squad.

To do this you need to buy players who are undervalued in their current team, who would then be worth more in your squad (especially with a small team) or young players who you think will get a rating increase.  I then sell these at a later date to make a profit and replace them hopefully with two players and repeat the process until i climb the leagues and up the quality of the squad.  This update has completely blown this out of the water.  Several players i had bought to sell on have had their value reduced by £2-3m, players i had planned to buy have gone up by £2-3m, yet my bank balance has stayed the same! 

It now seems almost impossible to build a small club up from scratch and take them up the leagues. Not everyone wants to be Barcelona. Done that on this game, gets boring pretty quickly.

The second thing is player positions. Have spent lots of time buying players to fit a specific formation. After this latest change, half of my players dont fit into that formation any more and i have had to change formations for all 9 of my teams.

just realised I picked up TWO injuries in my match yesterday.

how did I miss this?

on the match report screen, no injury icon (the little cross) was listed for the injured players. I only noticed their status while browsing the squad.

you may want to fix that.

(I don't know if this is where I report bugs but the bug ticket system is a mess so I figure here is my best shot)

so I just tried to renew Toni Kroos' contract.

from 71k p/w with 97% morale, he now wants 159k p/w!!

I've checked other players and this is basically the standard. doubling what they're on.

I hope you intend to drastically increase club revenues to keep up with this absurd wage inflation? otherwise you're going to destroy so many squads.

To be fair the values should have been changed at the end of the season in every GW rather than just a random point. I imagine it screwed over alot of people & even with the prior notification of changes no date was given. Doubt many who played in the test game worlds expected 'soon' to be now with all the obvious bugs, slow loading & setup issues. 

It now seems almost impossible to build a small club up from scratch and take them up the leagues. Not everyone wants to be Barcelona. Done that on this game, gets boring pretty quickly.

Long term it could end up being easier & quicker as you can buy a couple 35+ players rated 90 for under 500k now. They can increase your average club rating and you as before buy alot of youngsters & wait for the big value increase. Its only seems to be the obvious talented youngsters that have the bump.

My concerns would be who decides the talented young players worthy of a bump & some of the values seem plucked out the air. It kind of makes the Martials, Calhanoglu, Marquinhos ect of the world less attractive as now so over priced compared to those a couple of years older in the 22-25 range.

Why do we need to see the manager list in such a massive form in the previous version it was simpler and better in a small box of its own, the area that it is taking would be better serve showing the club messages and the table below it, allowing scrolling on the individual segments 

Afternoon Chaps,

Just to let you all know from WC 7th December we are going to offer our community the option of which interface that they use.

This means that whilst we continue to make improvements to the new interface, existing managers can revert to the old interface for a set period of time. If you do decide to revert to the old interface, you will still experience the other changes that have been made.

This will allow our existing community time to get used to the new interface before it is phased out permanently on the 11 January 2016.

Has stored tactics been removed?this was the main reason I paid for gold membership as it saves so much time when you have multiple teams, can't be arsed to swap entire teams for cup matches then swap back again much easier to save a & b formations and swap them with a couple of clicks. Will be letting some of my teams go as I don't have the time to spend changing players & tactics for all of them. My gold membership is up soon not sure yet if I will be renewing.

Hi guys

Please SM, give us the option to either use the new UI  or the old UI permanently. Many games provide this option to their players. Permanently giving us the option to choose between User Interface (UI) will allow a lot of old managers to stay as well as new players having the choice to choose their preferential interface to play with. This is a great game please make it better with a option to change between UI.

Thanks 

Jason