Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Has stored tactics been removed?this was the main reason I paid for gold membership as it saves so much time when you have multiple teams, can't be arsed to swap entire teams for cup matches then swap back again much easier to save a & b formations and swap them with a couple of clicks. Will be letting some of my teams go as I don't have the time to spend changing players & tactics for all of them. My gold membership is up soon not sure yet if I will be renewing.

Couldn't agree more. Stored tactics were the biggest benefit of gold membership.

I am new to the forum but have been a manager since january 2007, i have had several gold accounts and had 60 teams in this account but had to resign from a lot as it takes ages to do anything in this new set up, i put players up for sale at the price set by the game then the game changes the price ? it's the first time i have thought about leaving it all together i think these changes are bad for the game .....

Guest Redsky

Yeah, no surprise you delete that Gif. 

Feel free to PM me and we'll talk about this update. I give you loads of feedback pre upgrade and it's mostly all been ignored like my feedback now is being completely ignored (unless of course I post Gifs and then they get deleted GJ guys).

All of the below is true. I gave you this feedback before the update happened and Steven fobbed me off with a reply that was a complete lie. I've done the maths and checked my finances, my club is in a poorer position than it was before the update. So thanks Steven on getting it wrong. Honestly don't know why I bothered trying to help you improve your game when you don't actually sit down and look at each mechanic in a logical way. I did and I was ignored. Thanks guys.

sm_new_wages_analysis.jpg

Ok. 1 day on 9 clubs lighter....

Had to spend most of today listing young players to sell before they get old or develop concerns and any older players who already have concerns.

To offer some advice..

1) We need to see if a player is transfer banned in transfer searches, as it now takes too long to check.

2) When you search for a player, click on one player and then press next all the search criterea are reset, so you have to go back type them in again, then scroll through 3 or 4 pages to get back to the players you were looking at.

Can't possibly see how the valuations of the players are vaguely realistic when I have seen people selling players who have played half a dozen games for minor sides ( probably realistic value zero ) sold for 1.6M and then buying 3 x international quality players realistic value around 4 - 6 million , sold for 400k each.    How can a whole bunch of 64 rated trainee at a non league side be worth more than a quality player in division 2 or 3 just because they aren't in their first flush of youth.. It's not sensible in any fashion..

the new interface is so bad. For example, a user has to do more keystrokes in order to choose an option. Which is not convenient and frustrating. Like before the league table was on the home page of the club which was simple and easy. Now i have no idea where it is, not even on the club section.

I have been playing soccer manager since 2009, and this new update is complicated, not user friendly and frustrating to use.  

Can you just permanently have the option to switch between the old and the new interface???

That would suit all the users.

Thanks.

one of the worse things about the update is how hard it is to pick a team!!

for example, i have a big squad and its so hard to drag a player from the reserves to the starting 11. Where as in the old update the drop down menu was helpful. now NOTHING!! i am forced to scroll while i have clicked on the player from the reserves to the starting line up, which is frustrating and not easy to do. 

Just PERMANENTLY have the option to use both old and new interface or else i will be leaving all my clubs on soccer manager because of this new interface.

Thanks. 

one of the worse things about the update is how hard it is to pick a team!!

for example, i have a big squad and its so hard to drag a player from the reserves to the starting 11. Where as in the old update the drop down menu was helpful. now NOTHING!! i am forced to scroll while i have clicked on the player from the reserves to the starting line up, which is frustrating and not easy to do. 

Just PERMANENTLY have the option to use both old and new interface or else i will be leaving all my clubs on soccer manager because of this new interface.

Thanks. 

there are a easier way i think. in starting11 and subs, next to the number (far left) is a black button (like down arrow). if you press, you have all the available players. without need to scroll the whole screen

Hello SM,

I have been playing SM since 2008 and have always enjoyed it.

One way or another, i adjusted to every new changes made; but this new one should have had some sort of transition.

Player wages, then valuations, then stadium increase, stuffs like that; and optimised along the way.

I reckon you wanted to celebrate 10 years of SM by launching this but you guys have been busy with single player mode for so long and then tasked with this launch, that the mistakes are so damn evident to people who have been playing & analysing this game for long.

The list below includes my club Darlington in a gameworld which is very active. Not just active in terms of game play but in game interaction as well.

I am therefore really appreciative of SM that we had such a platform to interact about the game we love & Scouting is so damn fun.

However, i will lose those managers because of unwillingness of SM to consider feedbacks from likes of RedSky who believe me is very thorough with his work.

Stadium increase mistakes are rightly pointed out. I have moved from Division 5 to Division 1; and then won 2 domestic cups, with a good start to the season right now; yet my club has lowest capacity in the division; with newly promoted clubs getting 12k increases.

New Stadium Sizes (Division 1)

• Manchester United - 76212 (0)
  • Arsenal - 60432 (0)
  • Manchester City - 55097 (0)
  • Newcastle United - 52387 (0)
  • Sunderland - 49000 (0)
  • Aston Villa - 43945 (1157)
  • Chelsea - 43456 (1401)
  • Tottenham Hotspur - 43102 (6792)
  • Everton - 42384 (1815)
  • West Ham United - 41865 (6218)
  • Stoke City - 40233 (11849)
  • Bolton Wanderers - 39646 (10923) <- just been promoted to Division 1 this season
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers - 39286 (7586)
  • Norwich City - 39222 (11972) <- just been promoted to Division 1 this season
  • Blackburn Rovers - 38971 (7604)
  • Fulham - 38533 (11933)
  • Southampton - 38520 (5831)
  • Nottingham Forest - 37726 (6476) <- RedSky's club, he won 7 major honours including the Champions League - second most successful club in the league's 10 season history
  • Plymouth Argyle - 35079 (11285) <- just been promoted to Division 1 this season
  • Darlington 1883 - 31377 (5941)
There are major issues with the stadium increase algorithm if a club like RedSky's now has the third lowest stadium capacity, and this is an issue that has led to him resigning from his team. Please fix this as it is horrific to see.

Please try to consider feedback and a little assurance of you doing so, goes a long way.

Customer Relation Management 101.

Can't believe that after 9 years on SM I really cant be bothered with all the clicks to navigate the game so much that i'm leaving once my Gold runs out!

This is what I've found;

• I just get a black box when I click on view match
  • Cant remove all the players from the pitch on tactics page
  • Changing players positions without a heads up has rendered a lot of my squad redundant
  • Only being able to use old interface till January will see a mass exodus in the New Year
  • I'm seeing managers leaving clubs after 300, 400+ matches. A worrying sign.

I have 10 Gameworlds than I can still create so if there is anyone out there who is going to keep playing the game you can have them. Let me know and i'll set up a Gameworld for you. First come first served

Been with my Villarreal team for 14 seasons in a gold championship, 4X smfa cup finalists, 2x winners, league champions 7 times plus various other cups. My stadium has been 25,000 the entire time. So I have gotten used to this. I have players like ronaldo, cavani, Sanchez, silva to name a few. The new value increases seem fair as does the increase in wages (to an extent) though for me today to have my stadium increased from 25,000 to a measly 29,455 is just pathetic. (Currently just before start of season) my wages have risen by near £800,000 per week, so I imagine it won't be long before I will have to sell ronaldo or live in debt. I only have a squad of 23 so it's not possible to have a clear out unless sacrificing quality and handing the league/smfa cup to other managers.

I'm disappointed to say the least, I didn't expect a 30,000 seater increase to 55,000 but an increase to at least to 35,000 woulda been a half decent start.

This update may look nice aesthetically at first, but once you really dive in and try and play the game as you did last week, you'll find so many problems. I am honestly in disbelief that some things have been made so unnecessarily complicated. Why on earth would you remove stored tactics for example. I manage over 20 clubs and the reason I can is mainly down to that feature. Why on earth have players wages been doubled and values doubled, yet income and prize money remains the same? Why is the news feed and everything in general so large? No simple overview anymore. Gold championships, supposed to be the pinnacle of the game, are lucky to have 15 users now. I fear they will soon be extinct as people refuse to sink their own hard earned money into a game where those in charge don't seem to understand what the general user requires. Just look at the responses to this thread. If wager over 90% are negative. Failure to redeem such errors will be devastating.

We need some explanation. The new stadium sizes does not make any sense at all. How can a succesfull club be 18th in terms of stadium size and recently promoted team be higher?

You move the game one step closer to being more realistic by  increasing the value of high performing players and decreasing the value of old players, then take 2 steps backwards by messing up the attendance. People are dropping like flies in the game worlds. We are almost begging people to stay telling them hopefully SM will fix things.  I'm still confused why the new UI and engine here launced withouth letting people know. Now even the testers knew. The engine is still broken. My team scored 5 goals past the oppo GK yesterday and that GK won motm with a rating of 9. Brilliaint isn't it? Oh and also all the feedback that was ignored? And why delete the test game feedback thread?

Yep. My league has been going since 2012 and Redsky (who you quoted) along with Trion who posted just below you have been with the league from the start. Redsky started in Division 2 and Trion started in Division 5 and both have stuck with their respective teams and have been in Division 1 for a number of seasons now which is a great achievement. Since both have been in Division 1 neither have been relegated, which, when you compare their teams to some of the others is amazing. They're both successful in terms of honours, with Redsky being one of the most successful managers and to see both in the bottom three in attendances is scandalous.

Like Redsky said to me privately, he'd semi-understand if the algorithm didn't go through each clubs history and check for honours won first, but to have teams that have just been promoted jump over him in terms of stadium capacity is absurd, and West Ham and Wolverhampton having larger attendances despite finishing below Redsky last season was the kicker. There's been no logic in the algorithm at all and it is sad that it has been executed like it has done with seemingly no tests in long running gameworlds where any bugs in the algorithm could have been highlighted and fixed before executing on such a grand scale which has added to negative feedback the devs really wouldn't have wanted at this time.

Managers who have been with gameworlds since the beginning through good and bad are the glue that keeps the gameworld together. If they, like Redsky have lost faith and are leaving, it results in the demise of the gameworld as you can be sure that newer managers won't be as loyal and will see the resignations as a sign of the league's decline.

From the feedback I've read in this thread there are three things the devs must do as soon as possible to reduce the number of resignations and possibly bring some of the managers who have left back:

1. Bring in an option to use either the new or old interface on a permanent basis.
  2. Fix the stadium attendance algorithm and ensure that long serving successful managers don't feel hard done by.
  3. Tell us in clear detail the differences between each economy setting so that when the season ends, the owners of each game world know for sure which economy option will be best for the gameworld and won't result in its devastation.

For those who agree with everything I've said in this post, please give it a 'like' so the devs can see.

Evening Chaps, just wanted to acknowledge the concerns raised around the stadium capacities. Can I ask you to give me a little time, so that I can investigate the issues you have flagged and as soon as I get an update, will let you know. cheers

Evening Chaps, just wanted to acknowledge the concerns raised around the stadium capacities. Can I ask you to give me a little time, so that I can investigate the issues you have flagged and as soon as I get an update, will let you know. cheers

Thank you. Also, there's an issue when looking at each clubs history. When you look at the trophies they've accumulated, it shows your own total rather than theirs.

Can I make a suggestion regarding the landing page and the news/mail notification?

Thanks to the shading design you've chosen it's nigh on impossible to determine when there's messages or not, at least under the old design you had the red circle along with the number of messages, this new fangled design it's virtually impossible.

So as you're already working on improving the separation between the starting XI and the subs on the tactics page can you do something about improving the visibility on this? 

SM%20mail_zps0vqgklpd.jpg

Credit where credit's due it's good to see this has been sorted for the better! 

Now then how about those other 99 problems and the blocking of people on social media websites!!  ;)

Thank you. Also, there's an issue when looking at each clubs history. When you look at the trophies they've accumulated, it shows your own total rather than theirs.

Also if you need to click on the history of which manager/s have managed a certain club - and for how long, etc - it currently comes up with your own name. Well it does in my games anyway. Let me know if you want the IDs..

how are you guys even seeing stadium capacities? I can't find something as simple as that anywhere in the new interface.

and speaking of interface woes: just want to make sure this issue doesn't get overlooked:

just realised I picked up TWO injuries in my match yesterday.

how did I miss this?

on the match report screen, no injury icon (the little cross) was listed for the injured players. I only noticed their status while browsing the squad.

you may want to fix that.

(I don't know if this is where I report bugs but the bug ticket system is a mess so I figure here is my best shot)

I'd hope they're pretty shocked at the vastly negative response right now and are scrambling to redeem themselves. I mean, they have to be panicking. This is supposed to be the big 10 year celebration, the eptimome of what SM has worked towards since launch, and frankly it's a complete disaster. At the end of the day, they'll be the ones losing a job if people are no longer willing to pay fir gold membership, which is looking likely. Things were bad before but people liked the interface, the issues were fairly straight forward. Now they've gone and created a titanic set of brand new issues. Good luck to them.

Yep, all they had to do with the UI was a face lift make it shinier but keep the same basic format with most of the info on the home page with separate scrolling boxes it was nice and clean.

As for the stadium expansions why don't they let us use our in game money to buy stadium increases, makes more sense, the smaller the stadium the bigger the increase, the larger the stadium the smaller the increase, like in real life expansions.

As for the tactics i like the way they are going with more selections and not allowing AM(L/R) to play fullback in the 352 but they needed to update the actual players who can and have played in those formations in real life.

The Financial part of the game is a bit of a mystery at the moment waiting to see after the home game what the story is. 

how are you guys even seeing stadium capacities? I can't find something as simple as that anywhere in the new interface.

and speaking of interface woes: just want to make sure this issue doesn't get overlooked:

Its in the league section where you look at tables ect. 

Game World tab > League > Tables & then far right 'Attendance' 

Here's a message from one of the teams in my gameworld. Might help with pinpointing where the issue with the algorithm is:

Forest have 2 of the most expensive players in the gameworld. Maybe this has something to do with recieving a lower capacity increase. The 3 newly promoted squads got the biggest increases and those squads are nothing special. Cant figure out how they decide it

Go to the league table and then attendances,

yep i too missed i had my main striker injured fro 3 weeks as it never appeared on the match report and on the messages until hours later and when it did appear it was under the match message