Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Go to the league table and then attendances,

yep i too missed i had my main striker injured fro 3 weeks as it never appeared on the match report and on the messages until hours later and when it did appear it was under the match message 

Sorry to laugh, but that is really funny and just underlines what most people are talking about on here!

Last night I had in my inbox; "Your team sets a new record winning 5-1!!!" ... and then underneath that it said, "view tonight's match report"

Err, no real need now, but thanks anyway!

Sorry to laugh, but that is really funny and just underlines what most people are talking about on here!

For most, issues concerning the club such as injuries etc are the most important thing to see after a match, so to have the whole club messages  not on the home page seems very strange to me. Like terrytibbs said on the last page, I'm glad they've sorted the visibility of the news notification on the landing page, but now it frustrates me that the inbox notifier looks like this in the top right and there seems to be no easy way of clearing it.

Hi Guys

how do i download data pack for the game world, the players database has player's numbers rather than names.

Thanks

Please SM give us the option for players to choose between the old and new UI permanently.

Under Account Settings on the far right. 

I don't know if this has been mentioned before : 

I'm really missing a button on the tactics screen,it was something like clear the whole team and set it back from 0 ( match team ),It's easier than making 8 changes, clear them all and start from scratch.

Also, fix the values... they have increased but our budgets haven't.

Kev good step forward giving the option on the interface and thank you for listening.

Now you have to realise that this option needs to be PERMANENT.

You will have the EXACT same reactions in 11 Jan if you make the new UI permanent for all.

For me from yesterday until the 7th December it's like the game is down, i don't even bother. From 7th i will have at least 1 more playable month. After that it's your choice to make it a permanent choice for all which UI to keep, or face the leaking of users. At least i won't bother with this UI for sure

I've been trying to get on with this now for 2 days but to no avail.

I'd read a number of comments over the last few days but didn't want to check my 2 pence in before giving it a chance.

I started playing this game almost 5 years ago (it will be 5 years in January) on a PC and now just play it via my iPhone on the desktop setting as it's intuitive and nice to use. This new one is ghastly, if this had been in place when I first played this, I wouldn't have lasted a day, let alone almost 5 years.

I also hope that come January they retain the original desktop site as otherwise I won't be sticking around, it'll almost be like I've wasted hundreds of hours of my life on this.

The simple answer is to vote with your wallets, it's the only thing that matters in a consumer driven service.

What makes this sad is that people warned that this would happen. 

Another well known soccer game which has been running since 1997, who had 1 million active users !  decided to sell out to another company who promptly decided to fleece the active users for more cash and break a founding principal of that game. They ended up handing the game back to the original developers but now they have lost 700 000 users and lose 0.1% of their customer base per week , they use to make a good income from that game and now make 70% less. 

However to be constructive. I understand that it was deliberately made harder to access popular game world to keep spammers and game wreckers away. What we didn't expect was it to be made completely impossible.

On the club search screen in add a new club, as far as I can tell you can't say just search for EC1 or 106 etc. You are only pointed towards dead leagues with 5 or 6 players . no one will stay in those leagues, which surely is worse , as the popular leagues will die and the new players won't stay.

You also can't click on your own history or find past clubs that way , which once the quitathon has calmed down , some people including myself may go back to one or 2 of our former favourite leagues.

It would be great if , on the pull down list for the clubs it also had the number of new messages, that way I know if I need to click or not and can you put it back the right way round with my oldest and most valued club at the top.

I also agree with all the other posters who believe that we should be able to use the old interface permanently, as to be frank it is far better.

Yep. My league has been going since 2012 and Redsky (who you quoted) along with Trion who posted just below you have been with the league from the start. Redsky started in Division 2 and Trion started in Division 5 and both have stuck with their respective teams and have been in Division 1 for a number of seasons now which is a great achievement. Since both have been in Division 1 neither have been relegated, which, when you compare their teams to some of the others is amazing. They're both successful in terms of honours, with Redsky being one of the most successful managers and to see both in the bottom three in attendances is scandalous.

Like Redsky said to me privately, he'd semi-understand if the algorithm didn't go through each clubs history and check for honours won first, but to have teams that have just been promoted jump over him in terms of stadium capacity is absurd, and West Ham and Wolverhampton having larger attendances despite finishing below Redsky last season was the kicker. There's been no logic in the algorithm at all and it is sad that it has been executed like it has done with seemingly no tests in long running gameworlds where any bugs in the algorithm could have been highlighted and fixed before executing on such a grand scale which has added to negative feedback the devs really wouldn't have wanted at this time.

Managers who have been with gameworlds since the beginning through good and bad are the glue that keeps the gameworld together. If they, like Redsky have lost faith and are leaving, it results in the demise of the gameworld as you can be sure that newer managers won't be as loyal and will see the resignations as a sign of the league's decline.

From the feedback I've read in this thread there are three things the devs must do as soon as possible to reduce the number of resignations and possibly bring some of the managers who have left back:

1. Bring in an option to use either the new or old interface on a permanent basis.
  2. Fix the stadium attendance algorithm and ensure that long serving successful managers don't feel hard done by.
  3. Tell us in clear detail the differences between each economy setting so that when the season ends, the owners of each game world know for sure which economy option will be best for the gameworld and won't result in its devastation.

For those who agree with everything I've said in this post, please give it a 'like' so the devs can see.

Devs, seriously you need to have some sound logic when you give updates. This league being mentioned has been running for a good while with a good proportion of users managing the same team for a long time. Even with the issues, we had created and maintained our own set of rules to complement the gameworld so as to encourage building of smaller teams from lower divisions to first division. Despite some flaws, people enjoyed interacting and getting on with it. Now you are messing up everything that has built for such a long while. Its not easy to maintain interests in game world unless there is a consistent usage and retention of the same users. You should know this and yet it has resulted in a situation where the users can't be arsed anymore. There needs to be a more pro active interaction about this. I have only seen one person trying to even respond, and there are so many topics that need to be talked about.

Soccermanager has been superb and was there at the early days when gold worlds were released every 4 months or so. It's changed a few times and have got used to it each time. People moaned but they got used to it. But sorry to say I've never seen anger and people leave before like this. I agree with Mister Malcolms comments above. We know you have to make money from it, and totally understand. But you have to listen to your loyal and long standing managers.

For me, the best way to describe the new interface is.... You feel like your playing a single player game., feel isolated. The old one, you felt like you were in a community of other people who love SM. I really hope you listen to what people are saying, cause I have seen a lot of people quitting gameworlds all over.

If you can offer people the old interface for a week or so from the 7th December, I, sure you could do it permanently. Or take it to a vote...

This was the best soccermanager online game by miles, don't ruin it.

Why not return to the old interface?

And therefore allow managers, some of whom have a lot of experience and knowledge (not me) to explore and test the new SM features and engine, against the backdrop of a known interface.

I can't work out what has changed or where some features are because the interface is slow, cumbersome and incompatible with my iPad Air. Example: game schedule and previous matches won't show up on my iPad.

Incremental changes are often best.

Why not return to the old interface?

And therefore allow managers, some of whom have a lot of experience and knowledge (not me) to explore and test the new SM features and engine, against the backdrop of a known interface.

I can't work out what has changed or where some features are because the interface is slow, cumbersome and incompatible with my iPad Air. Example: game schedule and previous matches won't show up on my iPad.

Incremental changes are often best.

On a serious note.

I kind of agree with this a bit.

It looks very slick and posh and I like this. But I hope that it doesn't sacrifice the simplicity and ease of use.

With the old system, I could just whiz between squad, results, transfers etc. very quickly with ease (even with poor internet connection).

I am secretly hoping that the loading times can be improved.

To the devs, thanks for the reduction in font size on the squad/tactics pages and putting the separator in which separates the first XI from the subs bench on tactics pages. Though you've not stated exactly what has changed, the changes are being noticed and appreciated. If you could consider doing something similar on the schedule page (like putting stuff on one line so more fixtures can be seen in the same amount of space like in the post below, that'd be great). Also would be nice if a view could be added where we could see what season each trophy was won for a club, which was the case under the old UI.

Things I'm not a fan of:

1. The fixtures and results screens still take up so much room. I'd like to see everything on one line ideally, so instead of this I'd like to see something like this:
    • Each row has a height of 30 instead of 50 and the fixture date and competition type is on same row like on old UI so can see five fixtures instead of one in the same amount of space. The computer icon would remain for clubs that have no manager but I don't think seeing the manager on the fixtures and results page is of much importance.
  2. The club trophies. While I like the new view, I'd also like a view where we can see which seasons we won each individual trophy.

On the whole the changes with regards to who can play where are great. Just the odd player who needs their positions updating and that'll most likely be sorted when clubs are individually reviewed... hopefully. Its great that players like Agüero can no longer play in midfield.

Like another poster said I think the discussion on player positions would be best served for another thread as its taking this one off topic.

Wow, the lastest post by Kev was shocking me. It seems SM Development & Management team really forcing us with hard to use their new UI.

Adaptation to not simple UI? Logically, how much faster could you make for this new UI loading time comparing to your simple old UI one? If you compare it in many ways, it still old UI faster than the new one. The new one have many objects to load. For example, to load a player's page, that need pretty long time to show. And you pushing us to open & to manage them one by one?

In other words, your new UI failed, it's a big failed. It's like you sell a cake with great look, shape and many acessories on it, but taste of the cake was very awful. Do you think people want to buy your cake?

This forum were useless for me, if you still want to put on your team ego then listening to our voices (in other word, what your customer needs & demands). This will make users go away further. This step also could make new cheater trying to find a small way to cheat.

I play this game for 7,5 years, but this UI was the biggest terrible & the most awful part in your celebration.

Do you know, how many ERP system at market that change their interface into the light one? And the most great point is most cloud app have light interface but very functional. This is the value of an app, and because of SIMPLICITY is the reason why people want to use & to buy. And that's why many apps have high demand.

10 years is a young age, but you should consider what user's need than just renewing your brand image.

So, are you still want to phase out your old/classic UI, and still want to force us using your UI? If yes, I hope your game not being left out by many users, especially gold members.

Of course it would be a big waste if your new UI was not used. Okay then, here my suggestions to you & your team :

1. Giving new UI (without option) only to new members that sign up between January and November '2015. And for old members, have an option which UI they want to use.

2. Redesign your old UI, in order to suitable it with your new engine's procedures or functions. Redesign here means to make your old UI update with new game engine, and NOT adding any of new UI inside.

So, technically your game engine were same (1 core engine), but only in the interface were different. I believe that would not burdening your server.

Few more observations.....

Tablet / phone.... I still think that the club crest should be linked to the club home page as it is on desktop

The back button located top left is incredibly frustrating. Why can't the back button on the phone or tab perform the same function.

The speed is a massive issue,tbf it's just brutal

Tab version seems to be missing A lot of sorting options on various menus such as player database as to see who the free agents are....

Are these sorts of issues being worked on regards tablets and phones? I totally abandoned the desktop version as it's unusable.

When I get a new message (eh where the he'll is the message counter gone????) I now need to click a further click to get to the message! This is just stupid. I click in because of the new message and I want to be brought DIRECTLY TO IT. poor navigation setup

Again,this has been said and for the love of God why are ye not listening..... go back to the original desktop version and keep the mobile/tabet version with the fancy tiles etc....

It makes sense

Some more UI feedback. Hope it won't get lost along the endless discussion on player positions.

• Replies to comments take up way too much space. Instead of this, I'd like to see a reduction in padding and a reduction in size of the "x" as well as putting it in line with the manager name so it'd look like this. Things are way too spaced out at the moment and I think changing it would be another improvement to the new UI.
  • Stuff in the News Feed also takes up a bit too much space. Instead of this, I'd like to see a reduction in size of the block at the top, a greater margin between the avatar and the border on the left, as well as a smaller margin between the avatar and the logo on the right. Also I'd like to see the avatars rounded given that the statuses are from the managers themselves, and possibly a blue border. I think it'd look better like this.
  • A common complaint has been about the club messages not being on the first page. There's a navigation for Overview, Club, Manager, Transfers and Game World. Why not do another navigation for where the News Feed is? So left pane would say News Feed and right would say Inbox and its easy to switch between the two and then there's less chance of managers forgetting the club messages exist.

Some more UI feedback. Hope it won't get lost along the endless discussion on player positions.

• Replies to comments take up way too much space. Instead of this, I'd like to see a reduction in padding and a reduction in size of the "x" as well as putting it in line with the manager name so it'd look like this. Things are way too spaced out at the moment and I think changing it would be another improvement to the new UI.
  • Stuff in the News Feed also takes up a bit too much space. Instead of this, I'd like to see a reduction in size of the block at the top, a greater margin between the avatar and the border on the left, as well as a smaller margin between the avatar and the logo on the right. Also I'd like to see the avatars rounded given that the statuses are from the managers themselves, and possibly a blue border. I think it'd look better like this.
  • A common complaint has been about the club messages not being on the first page. There's a navigation for Overview, Club, Manager, Transfers and Game World. Why not do another navigation for where the News Feed is? So left pane would say News Feed and right would say Inbox and its easy to switch between the two and then there's less chance of managers forgetting the club messages exist.

Completely agree with this and it's something I mentioned earlier - so much stuff on this update is unnecessarily large and it is a real pain to have to scroll so much. The previous layout gave you a simple overview without much scrolling, if it could go anything back to how it used to be it'd be great.

oh my god Omre094 can you please stop engaging that troll? you must have been able to gather that he clearly does not understand football at all and gets his "knowledge" from stats and pieces of paper (that or he's being willfully obtuse). and his entire argument is one giant straw-man.

SM made the right move changing the positional limitations of a flat 4/5-man midfield. the issue is now soccerwiki having to update their positional data to accurately represent the abilities of the likes of Angel di Maria, Arda Turan, Kevin De Bruyne, Arjen Robben, etc. etc. etc.

my main team is still playing 3412 because I built my squad sensibly. I had to rejig some players around and there's a good chance some may not play enough and develop concerns, but I think I made it work. others may not be so fortunate. SM really needs to fix this issue pronto. who runs soccerwiki? how can we contact them?

anyway, another issue I've found is when you delete in-game instructions it can sometimes lock the entire page up, forcing you to refresh to make it work again.

also: can we get some sort of update on the future of club revenue? is it really going to stay as it is because the new wage demands are ridiculously out of sync with club income.

alsoalso: the smaller font on news feeds is good but you really need to make it clearer which posts are unread and which are read.

alsoalsoalso: on the tactics page formations are asymmetric, with one wide midfielder or striker about half a centimetre higher up that the other. this is only a cosmetic issue (when you re-assign a formation it looks normal) but it really looks ugly.

I don't understant why in this new update you have to change the screen menu. now we want more clicks to do something. in the old version needs only one click in the mouse. more tabs for any option. the game was user friendly, quick and simple for anybody. i'm playing 6 years and this is an epic fail. the updates are good but the menu has to stay as it was. this is complicated with no reason. there is nothing new in the options of the menu and now take 3 times more time to do the same thing we do before. and i don't say about the loading issue. just for the clicks we have to do for any tab. this is a stupid upgrade that ruinds the game. colourfull graphics, fancy pictures with noi substance make the game annoying and tiring. this is no attractive to anyone to stay.

you could improve the previous menou with colours not to replace it with a worst menu. the previous was practixally menu. the new is a disaster.

You know what i miss already the match preview page where you could click the stadium get a picture of it and they used google maps for the distance , weather referee ect all missing unless im mistaken but it was better than a generic stadium picture for sure. It was sort of more immersive and i know there are BIGGER problems though there is a things missing i actually liked.

Can we also get the player ratings back in the game lineups, so we can see how good the oppo players are?

Everything they had was good all they had to do was add to it not ad to by the way SM wink* and keep what they had , we do need the ratings back on that page but WHERE?