Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Oh...and whilst its nice to see new formations being implemented.... There still isnt any sign of a 4-1-4-1 formation yet!!!!! If there can be a 3-3-1-3 one put in which ive never even seen used in real life then 4-1-4-1 has to be added as it has genuinely been used to good effect by teams...Rangers got to the Europa League finaL a few years ago playing that system!

And how come there's no counter-attack style or the function for putting the players runs (yellow arrows) in anymore?

Quite a few good posts here.

1.The UI should be easier to navigate. For too many clicks required atm. Moreover, you should consider making the older UI available permanently as an alternative for those who want.

2.The revised stadium sizes should be based on the club's performance. The better you perform, the more people want to come see you play, the more seats you require. This should also be tweaked to make it the manager's call using cash at his disposal. X amount of cash to increase seats by Y%. This solves a dual purpose as it makes cash important again which a lot of players would agree isn't the case in very competitive GWs.

3. GW economy and it's significant and impact should be made public so that we can make an informed decision while choosing them.

Good job with tweaking positions the players can play btw, much more sensible now. Also, it's been a short while which makes it tough to judge but if the ME is what you claim it to be, kudos there again. Was needed for a while.

Congrats on completing 10 years, it's an enjoyable and popular game, hope it stays that way. I used to have a gold membership which I didn't renew because of the frustrations with the ME. If things get better, I'll renew again as would most others I believe.

Lastly, I know you guys know this but listen to the feedback being given. Every game needs a dedicated consumer Base that stick by it. I know you'd attract young kids with a simple fancy looking UI but as you'd well know, they won't stick around or five you the kind of feedback required to make things better as the dedicated old timers would.

Hi

After having used it for a few days my feedback would be

Good points

1. Mobile app on a phone is much better. I can actually use it on my phone now where before I never bothered

2. Player changes/concerns/stadium changes etc - whilst they will take a while to get used to I think they will overall work out well

Bad points

1. I hate using a mobile type interface on the desktop/laptop/iPad. I much preferred the old layout as all the information you wanted was easy to see. Now it's to dumbed down and takes to many clicks. It would be much better if news feed - messages - league table were all on the same page instead of spread over 3 tabs

2. You can't see enough information in various screens. For example to see players on transfer bans in squad you have to change the view. But in transfers or shortlist where this is really useful I can't see even an option to show it. Instead you have to click on each player to find out

3. The advert that pops up every time you want to see the match results is getting really frustrating. Especially when on the IPad it's actually just a black screen

4. General speed as well, but I guess you are working on that so I'm sure that will improve over the coming days

For me it's also a real shame you didn't take this opportunity to change back to the old way of doing player rating changes in groups where people were able to see in advance what regions were coming up. As I know this was one big change that ruined the SM experience for a lot of people.

Overall if you'd just changed the mobile app, imported the changes into the desktop version but left the layout the same I think you'd have had a generally positive reaction.

At the moment the desktop version is just to time consuming to navigate around. It also now just looks and feels like all the other football management games you can get. Where before I liked it specifically because it was a bit different

I found this bug today that in wide formations like 353, 541 523, 3412 etc. you can play a Left wide player on the right flank and vice-versa. So for example in a 352 Marcelo can play on right flank and Dani Alvez can play on the left flank. It doesnt show players in orange or red colors as it should be for playing out of position.

A few things I have noticed I think need a changing..... (All on I pad)

As mentioned before bring back match previews, to show the stadiums etc, also to see the history of each club and the records against each other.

On matchday, the ratings page is a disaster, no longer are both teams ratings side by side but below and above each other and overlap at times (leads to more scrolling and not accessible on one fixed screen) also can be a bit hard to see who attained what rating.

Same as above with the matchday stats

Bring back average rating of team on team selection.

In player database add the option to top of page to click and have age, rating, increase viewed as highest lowest etc.

Show on clubs history more detail as to when each trophy was won.

Maybe show on records page all time top scorer for club or record scorer for league/cups in a season.

Please please please get rid of the main page being add club, very frustrating always having to visit here first before your teams page, make it a menu to select instead of always having to navigate through it.

Just some things I would like to see change top of my head.

Like many other users, i am also NOT HAPPY with the new interface.

1. New interface has too big screen size, too big fonts or tiles, may be you wanted to make same interface in both mobile app and pc internet. But it is not working. PC internet need more compact yet simplistic approach, like it was before. May be you could have made few changes but the current interface is too much like mobile app which doesnt suit pc internet.

2. It makes us click so many times to go to some specific news or tactics or transfer, previously it was very simple with few click away.

3. In tactics, instructions also do not show target man option?

4. breaking news toolbar is of no use.

5. in tactics, filter, it shows hide youth player, hide unavailable players.. after selecting it, again it shows hide youth or unavailable, instead it should show, show youth and unavailable player, like it was previously

6. in shortlisted players, there is no option to show if player is having transfer ban or not, like it used to show before. very troublesome to select all individual player to check if any shortlisted player is having transfer ban ?

7. Lot of ads taking away space

8. after any game is played, previously it used to show us result just by 1 click, now it is too complicated to see the result, with many many click to go to it

There are many many faults in the new interface. Either the person who did this is at very amateur level for this, or it is done by some non soccer guy...

kindly give us option that those who wants to go back to old interface can roll back to it.. thank you very much

or you could offer me as an advisory board for changes in interface and games management, being a member and actively playing it since 5 years.

I've got another issue for the Devs which hopefully won't get lost amongst the waffle discussing whether Koke, Rooney, DiMaria et el once scratched their backsides whilst stood in a DM position!

When viewing the messages under the Club tab if you want to click on the players name nothing happens, but when you click on the club name you go to that clubs page.

Under the old layout clicking on the players name used to bring that players details up, has that facility been removed on purpose or has it been missed and needs adding?

SM%20issue_zpsg78lkosw.jpg

And another one for the Devs: when using the dark option for the layout when on a player page you can't see some of the text, switch back to the light skin and the text is visible. For me the darker skin is the preferred option so can this be addressed?

SM%20text_zpsmgxbvf4p.jpg

When I joined SM there were only 600 players and over the last 9 years I've seen it grow to 1m+ but what an own goal by SM with the new update!

I'm not fussed about the player/position changes, that will probably be the only good thing to come out of the update, it's more about the basics of the game.

Since the update I've not been able view one single match, all I get is a black box?

Since the update I've not been able to accept or make a bid for a player

Since the update I've not been able to remove all the players from the tactics screen or save tactics

Since the update I've got blisters on my fingers with all the click through to find information that used to be readily available on one page.

It looks like you want a game that attracts 14 year olds, who will get bored within weeks because they cant buy all the best players like they can on FM. That age group will rather be playing a game on their own opposed to interacting with other players/managers.

I think it is a kick in the teeth to the loyal managers who have stuck by SM thru the years and they will vote with their feet! I've seen many managers leaving teams after 300/400 games in charge in the gameworlds I am in, a wottying sign.

I'll see out my Gold Membership with the 4 teams I have left (out of a potential 55!) and then that will be it.

Oh, almost forgot, Happy 10th Birthday SM!

Still some problems.....
Transfer - loan  lists have only 1 page with 50 players each. No 2nd and 3rd page
In our shortlist we cant see if a player has a tranfer ban, except if open every player menu individually,  which is very tiring
On firefox still can't change skins
And the problem that
terrytibbs already mention with club messages
and will be pretty useful if we can open a new tab to view others club information

When clicking the 'Morale' arrows in the squad to try and organise players by highest morale to lowest morale it shuffles the players but does not allow you to see highest to lowest or vice versa. 

I suppose this could be a blessing in disguise? I've tried this new look but I really cannot get on with it, so come the 11th of January when the old skin is binned...again (it's evident they won't listen to requests to keep it) I will be leaving.

I waste too much of my time on this game as it is, I'm not wasting more time on some rubbish buggy software that isn't as intuitive. I'm sure as hell not paying to be treated with contempt.

Shame, It was nice while it lasted. Another example in life of someone fixing something that wasn't broken.

Ive noticed that when bidding on players 5 or 6 rival max bids are exactly the same? I wonder how it is decided who gets the player? Id like to think a decision is based randomly but knowing SM it probably decided by who has the most Russians. Or even more unfairer. Who has the most money. 

On the 'Club' 'Tactics' screen can we have the ability to click on the oppositions schedule please. This simple link will enable the ability to analyse their recent results, match day tactics and such when you are preparing your team's line up for upcoming fixtures.

Currently you have to click; 'Team Name - Last Fixture' then the clubs name, then schedule, then results to get there, way too much.

Hopefully SM will see this too amongst all the waffle... (I'll opt for red to give it a chance to stand out!) :)

The little calendar (used to be top right) was very useful on the old UI.

The new UI doesn't show your own club's money balance at all times. So when scouting another club's squad, you have to remember how much money you have to spend, which can be difficult when you manage many, many teams.

And finally (for now) your new UI squad page doesn't show which club our loaned-out players have gone to. And there looks like plenty room to add this.

Thanks.

Been a member on SM for nearly 10 years and to be honest my experience of the game has been great except for customer service.

Now please don't take this the wrong way but there has been a clear lack of communication and choice for customers who have spent time and money creating new sides and maintaining old ones and I know many friends and fellow players who have already given up becusee of this. This latest change has come about ignoring a lot of feedback from the people who matter most: existing customers.

I used to recommend SM to whoever would listen but now I won't.

The new features and changes are aimed at new users and new GWs. The changes have destroyed the functionality of many older GWs mainly due to the rises in player values.

Now I'm faced with the prospect of either abandoning all current GWs and starting over or just leaving all together.

The aesthetics of a game don't bother me, the change of layout isn't bad and will have teething problems to start with but the idea of increasing price of players in existing GWs has overnight completely changed the balance of my teams and how I can invest in future.

I am not a player who has ever hogged and I always try to balance out a squad with age and youth even in top GWs I'll happily have the 30+ players but now the incentive is to buy youth who have astronomical values. But even then it doesn't work out right because Andrea Pirlo 92 rated is worth £3m and Jamie Vardy 87 is worth £3.7m and Danny Ings is worth £8m!

Now managers will focus even more on the wrong number, age, over rating because SM is telling them that being younger is better than being obviously better!

Been a member on SM for nearly 10 years and to be honest my experience of the game has been great except for customer service.

Now please don't take this the wrong way but there has been a clear lack of communication and choice for customers who have spent time and money creating new sides and maintaining old ones and I know many friends and fellow players who have already given up becusee of this. This latest change has come about ignoring a lot of feedback from the people who matter most: existing customers.

I used to recommend SM to whoever would listen but now I won't.

The new features and changes are aimed at new users and new GWs. The changes have destroyed the functionality of many older GWs mainly due to the rises in player values.

Now I'm faced with the prospect of either abandoning all current GWs and starting over or just leaving all together.

The aesthetics of a game don't bother me, the change of layout isn't bad and will have teething problems to start with but the idea of increasing price of players in existing GWs has overnight completely changed the balance of my teams and how I can invest in future.

I am not a player who has ever hogged and I always try to balance out a squad with age and youth even in top GWs I'll happily have the 30+ players but now the incentive is to buy youth who have astronomical values. But even then it doesn't work out right because Andrea Pirlo 92 rated is worth £3m and Jamie Vardy 87 is worth £3.7m and Danny Ings is worth £8m!

Now managers will focus even more on the wrong number, age, over rating because SM is telling them that being younger is better than being obviously better!

but I suppose it is about future potential...

a player like INGS has potential to progress to a higher rating in the future...thus the 8 million price tag.

Sure PIRLO is 92 rated...but for how much longer? He is already in the MLS...how much longer can we even expect him to play before he retires?

Personally, I would be surprised if many clubs would pay even 3 million for PIRLO...because there is no real prospect for a return in 3 or 5 years.

Similarly, VARDY is 28 or 29 years old. Sure he is in form, but he is unlikely to keep increasing his overall rating into the future at this age. Consider why none of the big clubs have snapped him up...they have much more excitement for KANE...as he is still young. Even if a big club was to buy VARDY, I wouldn't have thought that they would be prepared to pay very much for him.

Guys i'm just reading through all of the feedback but it's hard as there is some complete nonsense in hear which is making the feedback I want to pass on hard to find / read. Therefore if your post has suddenly vanished it's down to that. So please don't argue with one another or go off topic as this isn't helping anyone.

This is the problem you aren't focusing on a clear gulf in quality instead you think of potential which is a ridiculous way to value in SM as a base stat. Let managers decide how much potential a player has. In real life James Wilson would not walk into most sides in Europe Pirlo would.

James Wilson 80 20 £2.8m

Jose Pozo 77 19 £2m

Pirlo 92 36 £3m

SM seasons don't last a year you can get 4 seasons maybe more out of Pirlo.

There is no reason to over value these young players it just means that small clubs can't afford them anymore so the only way to play is to get a big club and make them bigger. Like I said this is aimed at new players to make more GWs rather than making existing ones better.

I've mentioned this a number of times.....

Please add in the 'sort' options on mobile/tab.... I'm pretty much resigned to using this from now on so getting it as user friendly as possible AS SOON AS POSSIBLE would be nice.

Why was this update released when its clearly not ready. There are just so many little bugs and niggles with it

Good suggestion. Maybe changing the opacity of read posts like this example?

Side-by-side comparison picture of old on the left and new on the right.

• Less blank space
  • Smaller manager/club font (16px instead of 18px)
  • Smaller comments icon to fit with the text beside it
  • Rounded avatars to fit in with the manager avatars on the right block
  • Read posts with 50% opacity so can see clearly which ones you've read
  • Can see three messages in same space that you could only see two before.

and bullet points 1 and 3 in this post from last night which probably got missed among the player position discussion.