THOUSANDS UNHAPPY

briann

Thousands of people are unhappy......The new interface is not working and they are not happy.........People want to know are we keeping the old and the new...yes i know i can dream but with people leaving gameworlds you have to bite the bullet and bring out the ace you have up your sleeve.....................wake-up soccermanager you have agood thing going why spoil it. B)  :rolleyes:

Keep the old simple to use layout and easy navigation becase as Briann says..its at our fingertips from the main page...i dont mind it being jazzed up if it stays that way. The other changes that people are moaning about regards player positions in formations etc is the way forwards and in time will be for the best once its all ironed out :)

Greetings...I am here to show my deep disagree with the new tactic positions...I play in 3-5-2 and now my fullbacks cant play side a side with the central defenders...my wingers cannot play because i cannot attack with them by both flancs like i did before...

Im truly unhappy with the new tactics because i did it in a hard way to get finally a good team...Can´t anybody do something about this?

By the way i prefer the old feature...it´s quite simple and fast to do what is necessary...

cheers

Greetings...I am here to show my deep disagree with the new tactic positions...I play in 3-5-2 and now my fullbacks cant play side a side with the central defenders...my wingers cannot play because i cannot attack with them by both flancs like i did before...

Im truly unhappy with the new tactics because i did it in a hard way to get finally a good team...Can´t anybody do something about this?

By the way i prefer the old feature...it´s quite simple and fast to do what is necessary...

cheers

Full backs are FULL BACKS! They are not CB...they never should have been able to play in a back three in the first place.

You think you are special and unique because you use the 3-5-2? WRONG! Almost everyone abuses this formation...it is ridiculously overpowered.

...I see the changes as primarily driven by the widespread abuse of AMs and wingers. The flat midfield (M) in a 4-4-2, 3-5-2 etc. is NOT the same at the AM positions in a 4-2-3-1. For this reason, AMs with NO M(RCL) abilities should NOT be able to play this deep. In the past, many managers have mindlessly hoarded all the highest rated advanced AMs and successfully forced them into a flat midfield. The previous game engine permitted this and this was wrong. I applaud any attempt to penalize managers that adopt (and have adopted this tactic). SM is clearly working WITH Soccerwiki's attributes with the intention of preventing managers from fielding too many attack minded players in an 11 man squad and therefore there is absolutely no need for Soccerwiki to alter player positions. Instead, SM managers must and should change their tactics and behavior.

Secondly, many of the AM(RCL) players that SM managers have argued should have their positional attributes revised, do NOT play in a flat M(RCL) regularly or consistently in real life. Indeed, very few top teams deploy a flat midfield regularly in real life and the purist, traditional M(RCL)s like David Beckham are much rarer nowadays. In short, I strongly suspect that SM managers are motivated by a desire to return the old days, where they could get away with fielding HAZARD, TURAN, DIMARIA and RONALDO all at M(RCL). This was and always will be an unrealistic and undesirable situation and I pray that SM developers never return to this state of affairs.

I laugh as soon as I hear the words "real life" or "unrealistic".

SM is NOT real life, it is a COMPUTER GAME.

If you want real life, go and apply to coach a local REAL LIFE team near you. That way you can play EVERY player in their absolutely correct position. Hell, you might even get sacked too eventually, which is something that's not even in SM - how UNREALISTIC!! lol

SM, after all its recent changes, is now pretty much exactly the SAME as ALL the other in-depth soccer games on the net that I avoid.

Well done, SM, you are no longer unique!!

I actually don't mind the new interface. It took a bit of getting used to but it's ok. The problem I have is their aditudde towards members. They won't answer simple genuine questions and the blocking of members on social media is a disgrace. I heard a rumour they are nearly bankrupt. Could this whole new setup be part of the plan. Then delete all the negativity to try sell!! Maybe not but I they answered a few questions these rumours wouldn't be there.

If you want real life, go and apply to coach a local REAL LIFE team near you. That way you can play EVERY player in their absolutely correct position. Hell, you might even get sacked too eventually, which is something that's not even in SM - how UNREALISTIC!! lol

SM, after all its recent changes, is now pretty much exactly the SAME as ALL the other in-depth soccer games on the net that I avoid.

You could change game. SM is a game sure, but going on this logic we could see FW playing as CB or other position.

...if you want a game where most of the players in your starting 11 are attacking midfielders

...where you hog all of the top players

...where player distribution is so unbalanced that your matches are no longer a challenge

...where one formation is so overpowered, it steamrolls any other formation and player combination

...where you are permitted to field players out of their commonly agreed positions

...where your team sheet resembles a 5 year old football fanboy's idea of a team

...GO AND FIND A DIFFERENT GAME...AND STOP POLLUTING MY GAMEWORLD

as another poster once suggested: 'play the single player version of SM'...and stop ruining my multiplayer experience.

Theres probably a middle ground between both of you. Maybe a chemistry or balance system rather than the simple one we have now. 

It is 2015 after all & then lack of freedom for a football manager game tactic wise is quite alarming especially when you consider the 'update' has removed the counter, men behind the ball, target man ect options. 

Yes...i played a game last night with my Southend team who are around an 89/90 average rating with 87s and 88s (im not a fan of buying all the big rated stars) vs a managed team of 90+'s'..i went defensive to do the counter attack style attack down the flanks with the arrows going forwards in a 4411 formation whilst he was employing a 433 wingers..i didnt even end with a shot on target or barely a sniff of a chance, so im thinking without the 'counter attack, men behind the ball, play offside' options avaialable anymore its not possible to much to beat a stronger team using clever tactics.

If the new game engine is now weighted towards higher rated teams beating the 86-89 rated ones 9 times out of ten then i'm afraid the game has lost some of its magic appeal that it had from before.

Theres probably a middle ground between both of you. Maybe a chemistry or balance system rather than the simple one we have now. 

It is 2015 after all & then lack of freedom for a football manager game tactic wise is quite alarming especially when you consider the 'update' has removed the counter, men behind the ball, target man ect options. 

SM have scored another own goal here, for me. They should have kept the above options to keep managers guessing. As it is now, they've shown that all along the above options never made any difference to match day. Absolutely no need to reveal that. lol

SM have scored another own goal here, for me. They should have kept the above options to keep managers guessing. As it is now, they've shown that all along the above options never made any difference to match day. Absolutely no need to reveal that. lol

I am fairly 'so, so'. I quite liked the 'counter attack', 'target man' etc. features, so I must admit that I am a little disappointed that they are gone.

On the other hand...from what I have experienced/read...they actually didn't contribute very much to the overall in game match engine...and were almost like additional positional arrows for 'attack' or 'defense'.

At the moment...I am just telling myself that there must be a good reason for SM getting rid of them. That the new match engine cannot reconcile these elements with the new in match penalties for out of position players.

...as you would expect. I would opt for the out of position player penalties any day!!! 

Full backs are FULL BACKS! They are not CB...they never should have been able to play in a back three in the first place.

I wouldn't mind, and agree with you, HOWEVER...

When you auto-picked your team before the changes, the game EXPECTED a full back in these positions, it would select a 70 DR or DL over a 90 DC every time.

So people like myself went out and bought full backs. I have (only including 88+'s) 2 DC's, 2 DR's and 2 DL's in my squad. Now I am desperately short of central defenders, and have to rotate in a 70 to give my guys a breather. Had this change been implemented slowly, then great, but I wasn't aware it was coming in until the day it happened.

There are still some issues of the game showing a player in a 'green' position, but getting the error of them not being in an optimum positions. Such as formations with 3 AMC's, where the tactics screen (wrongly?) shows wingers in the wide positions as green.

You're in the minority, my friend, which actually speaks volumes.

Fortunately for you, SM are going in your direction too - but that really doesn't say much these days!!

lol

Being in a majority doesn't make you right ;)

In this case, it seems that the minority have the right idea

But SM needs to be more progressive and radical. More changes needed.

Its cute that people think SM still cares about what those on here think. 

To say you're way off the mark would be an understatement as feedback from the forum and social media is passed on and discussed on a regular basis. That is what helps the game develop and continue to develop.