Player Contracts (Multiplayer)

This has been brought up many times in the past and most recently by @XxJOSHxX_ on Soccermanagers twitter page to find out what people think so what do you think on here since they haven't as far as I can see made a thread?

@SoccerManager you should add player contracts and contract lengths to SM Worlds and SM16. Would be a great addition!

My personal opinion is NO because it creates to many problems that I won't get into although I would really like it as close to real life as possible. What I would like more so is keep it as it is and just have LOAN CONTRACTS with fees and fees that aren't generated by the user but by SM just like the player valuations guide of what you can purchase a player for permanently. As much as i'd love it to be user generated we know it will create chaos and cheating but I would also like to see some clauses in the loan contracts too. We really need a loan option to make it for the season with no recall or whatever 3-6 months or 20 games or whatever and I know you obviously can't recall a player if there is a fee. It also brings up the the question then should we have more flexibility over who we can loan out? 

I know the game has much bigger problems right now but it would be nice to hear what people think on this as SM are asking and we're always complaining on here especially , that they don't communicate things or ask the customers what they want.

Not sure about this Schalke Tax on loans. Are small clubs not suffering enough with these changes without having to pay the Schalke tax to the big boys. The Schalke Tax also gives an extra income stream to hoarders. I thought we were trying to move away from that type of management game.

Salute you on the player contracts idea. Smashing. Its anti hoarding and offers small clubs a plethora of out of contract players to choose from. It could be just the shot in the arm this game needs. 

I know the game has much bigger problems right now but it would be nice to hear what people think on this as SM are asking and we're always complaining on here especially , that they don't communicate things or ask the customers what they want.

We're currently putting together a schedule of work for early 2016 so any threads like this will be looked at and monitored so kudos for creating it. I've got my own view on the subject of contracts and will post it tomorrow.

Contracts are an odd issue with my players seemingly issuing themselves new ones when they rise, or in the case right now, the game  update changes.

What is the point of issuing different length contracts if they just change when the player rises (but not when they fall I have seen).

• 2 weeks later...

Contracts are an odd issue with my players seemingly issuing themselves new ones when they rise, or in the case right now, the game  update changes.

What is the point of issuing different length contracts if they just change when the player rises (but not when they fall I have seen).

The contract situation reflects real life.  I've never seen a player agree to reduce his wages for a loss of form / ability.  The exception is where they receive a contract extension in return e.g. a 33 year old with a one year left on his present contract switches it to a two year deal. 

In contrast, if a player improves, then they inevitably seek a pay rise (or their club offers them one to ward off the interest of others).  Current real life example would be Ozil.

Any player who is unhappy at any level 1-5, should not sign a new contract. Even a player on level 1 unhappiness should be leaving the club when the contract expires - for free - unless, of course, they play sufficient games to change the unhappiness before the contract expires.

So: Messi is on the last year of his contract when he develops level 1 unhappiness. If the level does not return to normal, then he will leave his club with the losing club gaining no fee or compensation whatsoever. Messi becomes a free agent

Any player who is unhappy at any level 1-5, should not sign a new contract. Even a player on level 1 unhappiness should be leaving the club when the contract expires - for free - unless, of course, they play sufficient games to change the unhappiness before the contract expires.

So: Messi is on the last year of his contract when he develops level 1 unhappiness. If the level does not return to normal, then he will leave his club with the losing club gaining no fee or compensation whatsoever. Messi becomes a free agent

Agreed. I'd also add the possibility of another club to come in agreement with a contract at mid season of last seasonal contract like IRL (lewandowski to Bayern as example) and sign free agents for free offering a contract. That would make the game much more realistic.