junky mail

Player wages increased massively

This is one of SM's latest ways to try and stop player-hogging, but what they've failed to realise is that not everyone "hogs" and the recent changes just blow many club's entire financial structures out of the water.

Of course the new way is more realistic (ahem) but people seem to forget that football in real life is financially living a charmed life. Realistic doesn't necessarily mean correct, especially where football is concerned these days.

Why not go the whole hog, SM, and have a corrupt SMFA at the helm with a Sepp Blater type in charge too? lol

Seriously though, SM have hinted at our club's income being increased and our stadiums too, plus better prize money, so fair enough. But wouldn't it then have just been easier to leave the finances alone and simply cap the amount of players each club can have on its books?

This is one of SM's latest ways to try and stop player-hogging, but what they've failed to realise is that not everyone "hogs" and the recent changes just blow many club's entire financial structures out of the water.

Of course the new way is more realistic (ahem) but people seem to forget that football in real life is financially living a charmed life. Realistic doesn't necessarily mean correct, especially where football is concerned these days.

Why not go the whole hog, SM, and have a corrupt SMFA at the helm with a Sepp Blater type in charge too? lol

Seriously though, SM have hinted at our club's income being increased and our stadiums too, plus better prize money, so fair enough. But wouldn't it then have just been easier to leave the finances alone and simply cap the amount of players each club can have on its books?

it's ridiculous,

Wages have suddenly sky rocketed and income has stayed the same!! What to do to prevent a complete loss of funds? Thanks

I like the increase in wages especially with the top players.

I would say a player cap of 40 would be ideal but the increase in player wages also helps to stop all top players being bought and remaining at one or two clubs..........which in the end should give a GW a longer shelf-life

Yeah the wage increase is hefty. Messi and Ronaldo cost £13 million a year each in wages. That's just 38 league games!

I'd hazard a guess that in SM a fresh Barcelona squad wouldn't be self sustaining (I bet many teams wouldn't in fact). I had a wage bill of £8m last week, good job I have a nice bank balance at the moment but I cant see anyone being self sustained unless they have a 92/93 rated team at best.

This is supposed to stop player hogging but ironically the only way to make money is buy youngsters before they rise and sell them on due to the crazy valuations a young player can achieve now. Surely this will increase hoarding.

I'll persevere because I like a challenge and I've played this game 7+ years so actually care about my teams I still control but I cant see this financial situation as survivable for 99% of managers.

Personally I'd prefer a less strict financial situation and a squad cap. I don't care if squad caps are realistic. They would actually challenge managers to make considered purchases instead of buying 100's of young players who might rise

Yeah the wage increase is hefty. Messi and Ronaldo cost £13 million a year each in wages. That's just 38 league games!

I'd hazard a guess that in SM a fresh Barcelona squad wouldn't be self sustaining (I bet many teams wouldn't in fact). I had a wage bill of £8m last week, good job I have a nice bank balance at the moment but I cant see anyone being self sustained unless they have a 92/93 rated team at best.

This is supposed to stop player hogging but ironically the only way to make money is buy youngsters before they rise and sell them on due to the crazy valuations a young player can achieve now. Surely this will increase hoarding.

I'll persevere because I like a challenge and I've played this game 7+ years so actually care about my teams I still control but I cant see this financial situation as survivable for 99% of managers.

Personally I'd prefer a less strict financial situation and a squad cap. I don't care if squad caps are realistic. They would actually challenge managers to make considered purchases instead of buying 100's of young players who might rise

the wages are now realistic. and the matchday income is realistic too.

but the lack of sponsorship deals and proper TV money means that club finances are all out of whack.

I had already lost interest in all but four of my teams, and I've had these sides since 2009 and 2010 which is why I'm so invested, but that I'm even TEMPTED to give up on them (or may have to, given SM's financial changes) is so very sad.

but then the SM rebrand is not about existing customers. it's about targeting new customers with a flashy interface and freemium mechanics ("oh you're low on cash? why not BUY some cash!")

but then the SM rebrand is not about existing customers. it's about targeting new customers with a flashy interface and freemium mechanics ("oh you're low on cash? why not BUY some cash!")

I haven't seen this anywhere. Can you direct me please?

That would not be good and I'd definitely be leaving the game if that was the case.

I haven't seen this anywhere. Can you direct me please?

That would not be good and I'd definitely be leaving the game if that was the case.

it's not been mentioned at all.

but all the changes they've made point to that being the end goal.

I could be wrong and hope I am, but you see how freemium SM2016 is - constantly reminding you to buy in-game cash with real life money, right? allowing you to buy players back to full-health with SM credits (that you buy with real-life money).

this massive overhaul of SM Worlds didn't happen for no reason. they're making it look like SM2016 (despite basically everyone telling them not to), they're shutting down old gameworlds, they've changed the finances drastically so anyone with a stacked team is gonna end up losing money... it all points towards a similar freemium model taking over SM Worlds, with an eye to expanding the fanbase and pulling in users on mobile platforms.

Yep, it's a bad move. Makes sense that it's about encouraging people to part with real cash to 'buy' cash - fitting with SM over the years.

I've got 2 very succesful teams that have been built from nothing over years. Both have just 24 players in each squad, mainly top players and a couple of lower rate 'utility' players.

Making these changes in wages without also adjusting income is moving the goal posts in a massive way. If they don't do anything to correct this I'm out I reckon. It could be a great game if it was in competent hands.

I think SM should look into ways to increase club income so as to balance the wage increment. I think tickets and other sources of income should increase too. But I am in support of the player wage increase.

I agree with this post but I only think a small increase in club income (if one has not been implemented already ie at the end of each season through chairman injection or TV revenue).

Player wage increases had to happen. Far too many leagues have just a couple of managers in it with all the top players shared between 2/3 teams. Someone tell me where the fun is in that?