Sign in to follow this  
ashleygeorge84

Player Transfer Availability

Player Transfer Availability  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back the option to make a player Unavailable for transfer?

1) Bring back the option to make a player Unavailable for transfer. Shouldn't have to spend my time rejecting irritating offers I don't want. If I want a player transferred I will list him as such.

Agree with that. There are some unique players that don't have a price as they are irreplaceable, like Thomas Müller that I would not sell no matter what crazy offer they put for him. Unavailable option and minimum fee should have been kept.

I disagree, no player is irreplaceable. There should always be an offer out there that you simply can't turn down. 

It also had the 'contact manager to negotiate' though.

Feel you need the option as their are idiot managers in alot of gameworlds who pay no attention to the custom rejection message & continue to bid every day. Maybe if the 'Unavailable for transfer' was replaced with 'Negotiate with manager' or something it would be fair & eradicate abuse as you can block any manager if required. Used properly would promote manager to manager contact which is always a good thing & personally find its much easier to do deal that way. 

Feel you need the option as their are idiot managers in alot of gameworlds who pay no attention to the custom rejection message & continue to bid every day. Maybe if the 'Unavailable for transfer' was replaced with 'Negotiate with manager' or something it would be fair & eradicate abuse as you can block any manager if required. Used properly would promote manager to manager contact which is always a good thing & personally find its much easier to do deal that way. 

Yeah wouldn't have a problem with that, it's a good suggestion. 

Point very much taken. In my opinion it wouldn't solve the constant bot offers.

Hi

I have a player on whom I put a minimum fee prize before the changes made on the site.

Now I want to sell him but there is no minimum fee button anymore to disable it and no club will pay the prize of his minimum fee prize because it s the double of his value.

Are there any hints how I can solve this ??

Thank you

Have a nice day!

Please SM : do not bring back "unavailable"

It is simply unrealistic and hinders game play.

All players are available for transfer and manager should have the courtesy to receive and respond to bids.

Managers should be penalised for ignoring bids. (If a manager logs in a few times and ignores a bid the game should step in and sell the player automatically). It's just plain politeness. I saw someone make this suggestion and I agree

Simply making a player unavailable is part and parcel of hogging. How can a game exist when you can't make a bid for a player.

I disagree, no player is irreplaceable. There should always be an offer out there that you simply can't turn down.

Then let's just agree to disagree. Every player has his own style and talents. Some of them might be replaceable because of similar style and skillset, however there are very unique players that they don't have a valid replacement on the market. Müller is one of them, his unique trademark is his extreme concreteness and unpredictable selfless versatile style combined with a superior space interpretation to everyone else and so he created the "Raumdeuter" position. No other player currently has this style and skills so there is simply no valid replacement for him: as Bayern Munchen themselves stated, he's irreplaceable and I fully agree with them. While Müller might not be the flashiest to watch, he has an unique style (to the point of creating a new position) and he's the most decisive player of the world both at club and NT level especially where it matters (the big games).

Also, the "not for sale" tag is not necessarily a negotiation tactics IRL. Sometimes if a player is not for sale, he's not for sale, period. Look at Everton with Stones for example.

Stones will leave Everton

Players decide transfers nowadays, not clubs.  Everton managed to hold onto Stones because Stones didn't agitate for a move to any great extent.

The game must allow managers to bid for players and the game needs tweaking to force transfers to happen

No player is truly ever unavailable. You might get offers and you can respond them them with the message that 'The club does not want to sell this player' & sometimes you might need to use it a couple of times but in the end the manager gets the message.

Also, by not allowing managers to have this option set it encourages managers to post on the news feed or to PM a manager to tell them a player is not for sale. 

Big plus ++++ for social interaction within game worlds which many really need.

No player is truly ever unavailable. You might get offers and you can respond them them with the message that 'The club does not want to sell this player' & sometimes you might need to use it a couple of times but in the end the manager gets the message.

Also, by not allowing managers to have this option set it encourages managers to post on the news feed or to PM a manager to tell them a player is not for sale. 

Big plus ++++ for social interaction within game worlds which many really need.

The message was never just 'unavailable' but 'unavailable. please contact the manager to negotiate deal'. Personally found that lead to more interaction with the leagues I am in.

Now people just straight up reject offers with no dm or personal rejection option or even do not respond at all. Its what I do now. 

I received an offer for Neymar of £75M and Balotelli - which of course no-one in their right mind would accept lol.  So I rejected it and the manager immediately made another bid of £76M and Balotelli...as if the extra £1M was going to sway me lol.

As I can't make Neymar unavailable any more I'm just going to ignore the bid because if I reject it again he'll just make another one.  So let's not penalise managers for ignoring bids, how about being able to reject bids from certain managers (it lets you choose who you accept PMs from - so why not bids too??)

Thats disappointing behaviour.

That manager has the right to make a bid....it's called negotiating.

Ignoring bids shouldn't be tolerated.

This is part of SM's problem: the transfer market just freezes up. The rules need to make the market vibrant. That might be random transfer requests, unsettled players moving more often but definitely unhappy players running down their contract and leaving for free

I received an offer for Neymar of £75M and Balotelli - which of course no-one in their right mind would accept lol. So I rejected it and the manager immediately made another bid of £76M and Balotelli...as if the extra £1M was going to sway me lol.

As I can't make Neymar unavailable any more I'm just going to ignore the bid because if I reject it again he'll just make another one. So let's not penalise managers for ignoring bids, how about being able to reject bids from certain managers (it lets you choose who you accept PMs from - so why not bids too??)

Yes, it's annoying. You could also write on the newsfeed that player X is not for sale, and then proceed to ignore silly bids like that if he/she keeps annoying you for that player X... They should bring the unavailable option back, maybe with the limitation of 11 markable ones (as long as your team is not in deep red) so you can declare your main XI unavailable for sale

Please SM : do not bring back "unavailable"

It is simply unrealistic and hinders game play.

All players are available for transfer and manager should have the courtesy to receive and respond to bids.

Managers should be penalised for ignoring bids. (If a manager logs in a few times and ignores a bid the game should step in and sell the player automatically). It's just plain politeness. I saw someone make this suggestion and I agree

Simply making a player unavailable is part and parcel of hogging. How can a game exist when you can't make a bid for a player.

Who I sell is my business and we shouldn't have to log in to reply to constant unwanted offers every 2 seconds. once again if they start penalising us for not replying I quit the site. try coming back with sensible suggestions

I imagine the problem is that there are some managers who are to spread out over too many gameworlds with a shortage on time so sometimes they may forget that they declared a player unavailable for transfer and later it has drawbacks

I agree with Daesh, he makes some good points.

I try to avoid doing deals with other managed teams because I usually don't get a response.

What annoys me is when I have an accepted bid for a player and some numpty comes along, takes them over, immediately leaves and in the process (for some reason) this cancels my agreed deal.

Who I sell is my business and we shouldn't have to log in to reply to constant unwanted offers every 2 seconds. once again if they start penalising us for not replying I quit the site. try coming back with sensible suggestions

Try coming back with sensible answers ;)

You are in a game which relies on a transfer market. How can you block someone from bidding for a player when you expect managers and computer controlled clubs to respond to your bids. Hypocrisy is the word

You are to respond to bids. It's being polite