marko pantelic

Guest F.C. Internazionale Milano

Re: marko pantelic

do you guys think marko pantelic is a good player to buy

It all depends on if you need a striker. If so, I suggest you get him since he has been playing very well for Hertha. He has scored 7 goals and gotten 2 assists in the 14 season games he has played. In the DFB pokal he has scored 1 goal in 1 game. Also he has scored 32 goals in his 74 games in the Bundesliga. He has also played 15 games internationally. He is going to make it to 91 the next rating changes. He is a good buy so I say go for it. Cheers.

LKK

he's been playing well. however, the chelsea move, if it actually happens, might backfire for him. everyone knows that chelsea want another striker to come for 2 months because drogba and kalou are in the african cup. so there is a chance that in the long run, he might be on the bench. i'm not saying that this will happen for sure, but it's just something to consider.

Personally, I'd never buy him. I see there is a lot of positive comments about him, but as much as I know, and I know him from his PSG days, he's an inconsistent performer who never plays well in a big games. I mean, he's doing fairly well right now, but I'd say that that is his maximum. Sure, he might go up to 91 in the next rating change, but then again, he might go down to 89 just as easily. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that he'll eventually go down and by eventually I mean in a near future. He just lost his spot in a National team. And if it's true that he's gonna move to Chelsea in January, which I doubt, that's most definitely gonna be his end. I mean, if one Shevchenko has a hard time there, then what are the odds that he'll make it.

Anyway, if you can get him cheap, go for him, but other than that, my advice would be a big NO-NO. There is a lot of good strikers out there you can go for.

the reason I suggest you should go for him is because he plays for Hertha which is an external club & should come cheap...(unless he plays for a different club in your set up)...with an increase coming, he's an excellent short term option!

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2212095,00.html

here's a summary of the news

Chelsea are considering a £2.5m bid for Marko Pantelic of Hertha Berlin. The London club have monitored the 29-year-old Serb's progress for more than a year, tried to sign him last summer and have since made inquiries about his contractual status and willingness to move in January. His contract expires in June 2009. Chelsea's renewed interest betrays concern over a lack of cover, with Salomon Kalou and Didier Drogba likely to be involved in the African Cup of Nations. As a regular for Serbia, Pantelic would have no difficulty in getting a work permit.

I'm not his biggest fan but I bought him a few seasons ago when he was still 89 for one of my teams and so if he goes up to 91 then that would be sweet! :D

I agree, he was very poor at PSV but since joining Hertha in the BL he has been pretty good, managing 10+ goals a season for the last couple of years.

I personally don't think he warrants a 91 but probably a borderline call. IF he ends up scoring 15 or more goals this BL season for Hertha than I think he's proven his class and should increase by 1 but not JUST yet. :rolleyes:

Herby