Sign in to follow this  
Toro De Líbano

Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

This is a post designed to help anyone who may experience difficulty choosing who to buy, particularly on a low balance, when it is correct to sell a player in P/E or straight cash or a combination, or when it is best to hold on to a player(will mainly be discussed with selling). I will use examples using real players so to make it easier to understand the context. I hope people who experience any form of difficulty in these areas will read this before choosing to create a post about thier problem.

BUYING

If I want to buy a player in Part Exchange (P/E), what should I look out for?

You have to be aware of who you want to let go as part of the deal. Preferably he should be somone of similar if not exact position so that no loss over a position is made. You also have to consider his position in the team: Is he an important asset to you at the moment and/or in the future? Here you may need to look at his performances in real life to distinguish weather he is likely to rise of fall in rating, and consequently weather you ould want to keep the player.

Example: Tomasz Kuszczak + Pereira Junior Alan Kardec + £3 million= Marco Amelia.

Here the Manchester United manager has let go a keeper with, out of a possible 45 league matches over 2 seasons, featured only 4 times. He has also let go a player who has never featured, and £3 million, all for a player who is rated higher than both of the two he is selling, and with higher prospects.

How do I know when to use part exchange or cash or both?

Cash: use cash when you are unwilling to allow players to leave the club to welcome a new one, or when your sqaud is low on players and you need extra reinforcments, or simply because financially you are able to retrieve the player purely by using money.

Part Exchange:: Use this method when you want to let go of a player, but for some reason cannot sell him. Or when you are low on money and need to use a player as part of the deal to raise the value of the move.

Both: use both when you are short of money and you want to let go of a player, but the value of the player is too little, so thew money would increase the value fo the offer.

SELLING

How do I know when to sell a player?

Example: Terry + Lampard = Kaka.

Here two world class players are being offered to a manager who owns arguably the best player in the world at the moment. The manager who is offered this deal would need to consider (although they could also apply to other offers):

1. Do I need a CB and CM, or do I need an AM more?

2.Are the players that are being offered to me likely to increase, or will the player I currently have go up instead?

3.Am I short on cash? If so, should I alter the deal so it includes some money?

4.If i accept the deal, will the players I recieve play regularly now/ future? In other words to I actually want the players I am being offered?

You should look at your sqaud to see if you have good players in the positions where the players you are offered play. If you have no-one of their quality, you should really accept. However If you have reinforcments in the positions, you wouldn't have to accpet as you already have quality in those positions equal to what is being offered to you. Finally, if the players yuo are offered are not in the same positon(s) as the player that they want, you should only accept if yuo have suitable backup in tose areas, or if you can get immediate suitable backup afterwards.

Who should I buy if have low, medium, or high amounts of cash?

This question depends heavily on your squad, and you will have to use your own judgement as well to decide.

Low cash: Here we are talking about roughly £1-£10 million in balance. (Anything less than £1million I would advise not to buy as you are likely to go into debt.) With this level of cash, your best buys are going to be very low rated teens who are rated 80 and below but have good future prospects. They are unlikely to feature at first but if they do rise to a high amount they will be a high asset to your team later on.

Medium cash: This is around £10-£45 million. With this amount of money you can buy a lot of young talents who are rated very highly (Players such as Walcott, Marcelo Viera, Banega etc) as they tend to cost around 10-15 million. You can also splash out on young teenagers, but spend wisely

High cash: this is where you can go in for the big stars such as Kaka, Ronaldinho, Cech etc. They tend to be valued by thier chairmans 25million + and if you have over 100million (though I consider high as 50million+), you can get several. Although those who plan for the future will buy many Walcotts, Krkic's, Lulinha's as they will mature and become great players in the future.

I hope if you read this it will help you in any problems you may have buying or selling players. Thank you for taking your time in reading this.

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

This is a post designed to help anyone who may experience difficulty choosing who to buy' date=' particularly on a low balance, when it is correct to sell a player in P/E or straight cash or a combination, or when it is best to hold on to a player(will mainly be discussed with selling). I will use examples using real players so to make it easier to understand the context. I hope people who experience any form of difficulty in these areas will read this before choosing to create a post about thier problem.

[center']BUYING[/center]

If I want to buy a player in Part Exchange (P/E), what should I look out for?

You have to be aware of who you want to let go as part of the deal. Preferably he should be somone of similar if not exact position so that no loss over a position is made. You also have to consider his position in the team: Is he an important asset to you at the moment and/or in the future? Here you may need to look at his performances in real life to distinguish weather he is likely to rise of fall in rating, and consequently weather you ould want to keep the player.

Example: Tomasz Kuszczak + Pereira Junior Alan Kardec + £3 million= Marco Amelia.

Here the Manchester United manager has let go a keeper with, out of a possible 45 league matches over 2 seasons, featured only 4 times. He has also let go a player who has never featured, and £3 million, all for a player who is rated higher than both of the two he is selling, and with higher prospects.

How do I know when to use part exchange or cash or both?

Cash: use cash when you are unwilling to allow players to leave the club to welcome a new one, or when your sqaud is low on players and you need extra reinforcments, or simply because financially you are able to retrieve the player purely by using money.

Part Exchange:: Use this method when you want to let go of a player, but for some reason cannot sell him. Or when you are low on money and need to use a player as part of the deal to raise the value of the move.

Both: use both when you are short of money and you want to let go of a player, but the value of the player is too little, so thew money would increase the value fo the offer.

SELLING

How do I know when to sell a player?

Example: Terry + Lampard = Kaka.

Here two world class players are being offered to a manager who owns arguably the best player in the world at the moment. The manager who is offered this deal would need to consider (although they could also apply to other offers):

1. Do I need a CB and CM, or do I need an AM more?

2.Are the players that are being offered to me likely to increase, or will the player I currently have go up instead?

3.Am I short on cash? If so, should I alter the deal so it includes some money?

4.If i accept the deal, will the players I recieve play regularly now/ future? In other words to I actually want the players I am being offered?

You should look at your sqaud to see if you have good players in the positions where the players you are offered play. If you have no-one of their quality, you should really accept. However If you have reinforcments in the positions, you wouldn't have to accpet as you already have quality in those positions equal to what is being offered to you. Finally, if the players yuo are offered are not in the same positon(s) as the player that they want, you should only accept if yuo have suitable backup in tose areas, or if you can get immediate suitable backup afterwards.

Who should I buy if have low, medium, or high amounts of cash?

This question depends heavily on your squad, and you will have to use your own judgement as well to decide.

Low cash: Here we are talking about roughly £1-£10 million in balance. (Anything less than £1million I would advise not to buy as you are likely to go into debt.) With this level of cash, your best buys are going to be very low rated teens who are rated 80 and below but have good future prospects. They are unlikely to feature at first but if they do rise to a high amount they will be a high asset to your team later on.

Medium cash: This is around £10-£45 million. With this amount of money you can buy a lot of young talents who are rated very highly (Players such as Walcott, Marcelo Viera, Banega etc) as they tend to cost around 10-15 million. You can also splash out on young teenagers, but spend wisely

High cash: this is where you can go in for the big stars such as Kaka, Ronaldinho, Cech etc. They tend to be valued by thier chairmans 25million + and if you have over 100million (though I consider high as 50million+), you can get several. Although those who plan for the future will buy many Walcotts, Krkic's, Lulinha's as they will mature and become great players in the future.

I hope if you read this it will help you in any problems you may have buying or selling players. Thank you for taking your time in reading this.

I have had a read and this should most definitely 100% be stickied, a lot of peple should realte to this when they are for 'who should i buy and sell' and all that.

Shels means he would rep you but already has so will have nto wait until he can rep you again, but you shall be certainly getting rep from me

Hey I Just Need Help Whether To Sell Geert Arend ROORDA Of Heerenveen For 6 Million ! Should I Sell Him Or Keep Him ? Is He Likely To Rise In The Next Dutch Ratings Does Anybody Know ?:rolleyes:

Hey I Just Need Help Whether To Sell Geert Arend ROORDA Of Heerenveen For 6 Million ! Should I Sell Him Or Keep Him ? Is He Likely To Rise In The Next Dutch Ratings Does Anybody Know ?:rolleyes:

Roorda is 86 now and that seems about right to me.

If it was me you should probably sell but for about £10M rather than the £6M mentioned. £6M is too cheap.

When I saw Roorda selling for 6m, I guessed I saw this in a setup of mine.

Now I get you Sean:D

This is quite helpful Prem.:)

Guest luke_*

Who should I buy Mellberg or Mateo Ferrari, Ferrari is playing for Roma but not sure whether he is starting and Mellberg is moving to Juventus after a long spell at Aston Villa. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest EdisonVu

I need a advice on these players

Aguero or Benzema: who better?

Flamini or Toulalan or Yaya Toure???

Maicon or Dani Alves????

Modric or Nasri ???

Ribery or Robinho??

Diego or Van der Vart??

Drogba or Totti or Van Nisteroy?? Etto or Ibrahimovic??

Tevez or TOrres???

Maxi or Lucho or Hleb???

Moutinho or Veloso??

Cordoba or Gallas??

Mertersacker or Lahm?? who have chance raise to 94/95

Terry or Vidic?? nesta or Puyor???

DEmichelis or Milito or Chivu?? heard Milito got injury, then Demichelis will be better, am i right???

is Farfan good? Dont see any more raise on him?? can he rich to 93?? or sell him then who should i get for replacement??

Should i sell Clichy? he is injuried, is it serious ?? can he continue play for next season??can he rich to 93/94 or sell him go for Abidal??

how about Gomes?? he has any chance up to 92??

I need a advice on these players

Aguero or Benzema: who better?

Flamini or Toulalan or Yaya Toure???

Maicon or Dani Alves????

Modric or Nasri ???

Ribery or Robinho??

Diego or Van der Vart??

Drogba or Totti or Van Nisteroy?? Etto or Ibrahimovic??

Tevez or TOrres???

Maxi or Lucho or Hleb???

Moutinho or Veloso??

Cordoba or Gallas??

Mertersacker or Lahm?? who have chance raise to 94/95

Terry or Vidic?? nesta or Puyor???

DEmichelis or Milito or Chivu?? heard Milito got injury' date=' then Demichelis will be better, am i right???

is Farfan good? Dont see any more raise on him?? can he rich to 93?? or sell him then who should i get for replacement??

Should i sell Clichy? he is injuried, is it serious ?? can he continue play for next season??can he rich to 93/94 or sell him go for Abidal??

how about Gomes?? he has any chance up to 92??[/quote']

Let's see...

1. Aguero

2. Flamini for age

3. Not sure but I prefer Alves

4. Nasri

5 .Both class but Robinho because he plays for a better team and is younger.

6. Diego

7. Van Nistelrooy. Not sure about second depends on wher Eto'o moves to in the Summer.

8. Torres

9. Maxi

10. Mate Veloso and Moutinho play in different positions.

11. Cordoba purely because of who you are comparing. I have lost respect for Gallas after his anctics at B'ham and United.

12. Lahm

13. Defo Vidic and Nesta

14. No idea

15. erm if anything I would keep him but if thewre a better players available like Diego Capel, Sulejmani etc then sell.

16. Clichy isn't injured, or am I missing somthing? I would keep btw unless a really good young LB was available.

17. I would defo keep Gomez, mate. He definately has a shot of a 92 especially if he does well at Euro 2008. 19 goals this season for Stuttgart, their top scorer and second too scorer in the league, only Luca Toni of Bayern has scored more.

Hope this helps. :)