Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a post designed to help anyone who may experience difficulty choosing who to buy, particularly on a low balance, when it is correct to sell a player in P/E or straight cash or a combination, o

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep? He's a great prospect.

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

Thanks :D i did a straight swap of José PINTO for Soslan DZHANAEV :D (so a 87 rated 34 year old for a 84 soon to be 87 22 year old) B)

I'm not a regular Russian viewer, so you'd better off asking someone like Ben for an in-depth review on the kid. :P My prediction is based purely on stats tbh and I have no idea how good he is / isn't. :o Spartak have conceded 33 goals though, which is quite a bit compared to their near rivals though they are sitting 2nd in the table. Not quite sure why the experienced Croat Pletikosa hasn't been playing? Maybe its down to injury or maybe Dzhanaev is just too good! :P

Either way, it was a good deal. :)

I'm not a regular Russian viewer' date=' so you'd better off asking someone like Ben for an in-depth review on the kid. :P My prediction is based purely on stats tbh and I have no idea how good he is / isn't. :o Spartak have conceded 33 goals though, which is quite a bit compared to their near rivals though they are sitting 2nd in the table. Not quite sure why the experienced Croat Pletikosa hasn't been playing? Maybe its down to injury or maybe Dzhanaev is just too good! :P

Either way, it was a good deal. :)[/quote']

Pletikosa is not playing becasuse he is injured, but curently manager of spartak dislike him ;)

Not many people do transfer deals within the setup I'm in but plenty of good players have appeared on the transfer list. But they are all asking for part exchange. I am in relegation and struggling, so I could do with at least 1 of these players. I don't know if there is a way to overcome the part exchange with bigger amounts of money but here is the list of players that are transfer listed and their clubs:

Carragher-Liverpool

Marquez-Barcelona

Gallas-Milan

Kaladze-Milan

Riquelme-Barcelona

Seedorf-Milan

Simao-Barcelona

Mutu-Valencia

Totti-Milan

I have been offered Mutu and Totti for 10 + Barry + Lescott, but I have a small squad and I'm not sure who to get rid of. These are the outfield players in my team, I don't plan to get rid of the keepers:

Morel Rodriguez

Pernia

Cuellar-only 1st team RB

Lescott

Materazzi

Clement

Ze Roberto

Jarolim

Barry

Ledesma (Lazio)

Cazorla- TB up 5th Feb

Barnetta

Liedson- TB up 8th Feb

Miccoli

Pantelic

Berg

The problem is the other clubs find most of these players not good enough. I would really appreciate any guidance on who to bid for, how much and which players should I include. I have 85m to spend.

Not many people do transfer deals within the setup I'm in but plenty of good players have appeared on the transfer list. But they are all asking for part exchange. I am in relegation and struggling' date=' so I could do with at least 1 of these players. I don't know if there is a way to overcome the part exchange with bigger amounts of money but here is the list of players that are transfer listed and their clubs:

Carragher-Liverpool

Marquez-Barcelona

Gallas-Milan

Kaladze-Milan

Riquelme-Barcelona

Seedorf-Milan

Simao-Barcelona

Mutu-Valencia

Totti-Milan

I have been offered Mutu and Totti for 10 + Barry + Lescott, but I have a small squad and I'm not sure who to get rid of. These are the outfield players in my team, I don't plan to get rid of the keepers:

Morel Rodriguez

Pernia

Cuellar-only 1st team RB

Lescott

Materazzi

Clement

Ze Roberto

Jarolim

Barry

Ledesma (Lazio)

Cazorla- TB up 5th Feb

Barnetta

Liedson- TB up 8th Feb

Miccoli

Pantelic

Berg

The problem is the other clubs find most of these players not good enough. I would really appreciate any guidance on who to bid for, how much and which players should I include. I have 85m to spend.[/quote']

Well, Totti doing well this season and he'll keep his rating,so you can use Pantelic who's already 30 years old too to get Totti. Gallas and Seedorf rating also pretty safe and you can use some players like Morel,Pernia,Jarolim and Miccoli

try and buy if u can

perroti 86 - 89 sevilla (21) winger

konko 88- 89 sevilla (25) rb

carrico 85- 87/88 sporting (20) cb

kjaer 87 - 89 palermo (20) cb

RAMIRES 89 - 90/91 benfica (22) cm/dm

falcao 89- 90 porto (22) fwd

hulk 88 - 90 porto (23) fwd

pablo hernadez 88- 90 (24)valencia RW

GRANERO, Esteban 87 - 89 (22) real madrid am

hamsik - 90-91 (21) napoli cm

pique 90- 92 barcelona

pedro 83 - 88 barcelona

Ive been offered Manuel Almunia in a setup. He is an ex-keeper who gained me promotion to the top flight before I sold him and we were relegated. At an external club there's Joe Hart, coming off TB soon. He is also an ex-keeper of mine (I sold him to external) who was the keeper who played when I was relegated.

What should I do, buy the keeper who gained me promotion, financing my rivals bid for Hart, or hold out for Hart, maybe miss out on Hart, miss out on Almunia and have to resort to Jaaskelainen (my current keeper) or Paul Robinson of Blackburn.

Ive been offered Manuel Almunia in a setup. He is an ex-keeper who gained me promotion to the top flight before I sold him and we were relegated. At an external club there's Joe Hart' date=' coming off TB soon. He is also an ex-keeper of mine (I sold him to external) who was the keeper who played when I was relegated.

What should I do, buy the keeper who gained me promotion, financing my rivals bid for Hart, or hold out for Hart, maybe miss out on Hart, miss out on Almunia and have to resort to Jaaskelainen (my current keeper) or Paul Robinson of Blackburn.[/quote']

Im guessing this is EC106 so Almunia is my ex keeper as well lol. Jaaskelainen is the highest rated and Almunia has the biggest club. I think that Hart and Robinson have reached their limit, rating wise, until they move to a bigger club and in Hart's case when Given gets out of the way. However in Robinson's case I see no 'bigger club'. With Arsenal in good form, Almunia may be able to regain his 91 rating.

However Hart is the youngest and does have the most potential and could well be the England first choice keeper in a few years. So for me its between Almunia and Hart, and since Hart has the most potential I would go for him.

Is it worth getting Okaka Chuka? As he is now set to join Fulham on loan. So could this see him rise? Or should i sell Bellamy to fund deals for Lloris, that is if the manager in my game world doesn't sign in in the next 2 days (witch will result in him getting sacked)

Thanks for any help..

Is it worth getting Okaka Chuka? As he is now set to join Fulham on loan. So could this see him rise? Or should i sell Bellamy to fund deals for Lloris' date=' that is if the manager in my game world doesn't sign in in the next 2 days (witch will result in him getting sacked)

Thanks for any help..[/quote']

Okaka still should get rise as he played enough games this season to warrant rise. But with Toni come,he'll hard to play. And if you have chance to buy Lloris, DO IT!

Ive been offered Manuel Almunia in a setup. He is an ex-keeper who gained me promotion to the top flight before I sold him and we were relegated. At an external club there's Joe Hart' date=' coming off TB soon. He is also an ex-keeper of mine (I sold him to external) who was the keeper who played when I was relegated.

What should I do, buy the keeper who gained me promotion, financing my rivals bid for Hart, or hold out for Hart, maybe miss out on Hart, miss out on Almunia and have to resort to Jaaskelainen (my current keeper) or Paul Robinson of Blackburn.[/quote']

Hart has potential to be "good" keeper but i still think he won't be good enough to be world class keeper. This season he's good but more because weak Birmingham defence. Almunia place at Arsenal is safe and so is his rating.. I'll go to Almunia

Okaka still should get rise as he played enough games this season to warrant rise. But with Toni come' date='he'll hard to play. And if you have chance to buy Lloris, DO IT![/quote']

What should i do then? With Okaka going to Fulham on loan, If you haven't heard? or wait afew days to see if the manager does get sacked and then snap Lloris up, even though the team has only 2 goal keepers. :eek:

I have got a new Liverpool in a GC and I can sell Skrtel for Josue and Martins. I have also been offered Clichy for Agger and Insua. If I do the Clichy deal I will have Auerlio for Cover. What should I do?

I would do Skrtel deal as he has been weak link this season and Josue & Martins rating will stay for next 5 months. Don't do Clichy deal. If Skrtel and Agger leave,who would be your CB. Plus,Clichy hasn't played many games this season

Im guessing this is EC106 so Almunia is my ex keeper as well lol. Jaaskelainen is the highest rated and Almunia has the biggest club. I think that Hart and Robinson have reached their limit' date=' rating wise, until they move to a bigger club and in Hart's case when Given gets out of the way. However in Robinson's case I see no 'bigger club'. With Arsenal in good form, Almunia may be able to regain his 91 rating.

However Hart is the youngest and does have the most potential and could well be the England first choice keeper in a few years. So for me its between Almunia and Hart, and since Hart has the most potential I would go for him.[/quote']

Hart has potential to be "good" keeper but i still think he won't be good enough to be world class keeper. This season he's good but more because weak Birmingham defence. Almunia place at Arsenal is safe and so is his rating.. I'll go to Almunia

So one for, one against.

I'm swaying towards Almunia as then at least I have a keeper at the end. With the Hart scenario, I could be without a keeper (I don't like Jussi)

Any other opinions?

So one for' date=' one against.

I'm swaying towards Almunia as then at least I have a keeper at the end. With the Hart scenario, I could be without a keeper (I don't like Jussi)

Any other opinions?[/quote']

IMO opinion Hart will be the better keeper in the future thsn Almunia. So it depends if you're thinking long-term or short-term.