Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

Toro De Líbano

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

Strength of the league is a factor' date=' many strikers have terrorised the Eredivisie. The only player to continue at the same rate within a stronger league was Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Jan Huntelaar, Dirk Kuijt & Mateja Kežman where all prolific strikers during their time in Holland, when they transfered to stronger leagues they failed to produce the same amount of goals for their new clubs. Even Afonso Alves hit 34 goals one season.[/quote']

Yeah, to be honest I was just showing the guy the facts :) And is the Eredvise that much weaker than Portugal?

i asked earlier :

Pazzini , Gignac, Lavezzi

Can you rank them from 1 to 3 looking at their rating potential ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

answer 1 : I'd say, Lavezzi, Pazzini, Gignac

answer 2 : Pazzini, Lavezzi, Gignac Imo

Now you are talking about Suarez and Falcao, i didn`t consider them.

Are they both better than the three above ?

Both playing in weaker leagues, so i didn´t consider them.

I was thinking Gignac is the best of the 3 i mentioned as he plays

often for France as far as i know. Is he having a bad season ?

I have made some high bids for Gignac in a couple of game worlds,

i should have asked here first.

Would be nice if a few experts make their ranking of my three candidates

with Suarez and Falcao included.

I might have to cancel my Gignac bids and switch transfer targets.

Many thanks for your help.

I can't think of any 90s who are going up' date=' but how about Thiago Silva? He is 89 who will rise to 90 and maybe 91. Kjaer will rise from 87 to 89, Kolarov will also probably rise but I don't think he'll go to 90. Criscito is a great young left back also. A definate future Italy key player. He has maybe a 40% chance of a rise to 90 but is a long-term 93+ for sure.[/quote']

But Criscito might change to LM/LB, so be careful

Thiago Silva agreed though, he's talented

For the future: Santon, Ranocchia, Bonucci

Riferimento: Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

quick help please

should i give 10 mil+pastore+munian for marcelo

thanks

Its prety hard to say because Muniain and Pastore are 2 very young and talented players that are surely worth keeping but they are a long term investment, on the other hand theres marcelo, which i think is a great player and is already a stable 90, if i were you id send a private message to the other manager and try to talk him in buying someone else from your team rather than those 2, but if the manager wants only those 2 than id accept.

i asked earlier :

Pazzini ' date=' Gignac, Lavezzi

Can you rank them from 1 to 3 looking at their rating potential ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

answer 1 : I'd say, Lavezzi, Pazzini, Gignac

answer 2 : Pazzini, Lavezzi, Gignac Imo

I was thinking Gignac is the best of the 3 i mentioned as he plays

often for France as far as i know. Is he having a bad season ?

I have made some high bids for Gignac in a couple of game worlds,

i should have asked here first.

Would be nice if a few experts make their ranking of my three candidates

with Suarez and Falcao included.

I might have to cancel my Gignac bids and switch transfer targets.

Many thanks for your help.[/quote']

Well, Gignac hasn't been scoring much this season. Still should be a starter for France though. Becuase of not scoring much this season (so far) some people think he is new Elmander, meaning a one season wonder. I personally doubt that and still rank him high. He does get a lot of scoring chances, shoots a lot, just doesn't score actually. He has started to produce more places for others now, which is good (assisted all three goals in last game). Toulouse buying a new forward might help too, as the responsibility will be shared and he will have some more direct support.

One must not overlook the fact that he won the scoring title in France last year without having much support in attack. Toulouse's midfield is very defensive and the lateral players haven't been of top quality. Machado, who is more productive, has suffered injuries this season. Tabanou, also a skilled individual, is still very young and hasn't been so good under the pressure - plus he plays all the time for les bleuets, which tires him as well. Braaten, Sirieix and seemingly Devaux too, aren't really top of ligue 1 quality. So Toulouse simply lacks a productive player on right flank (and I suppose that Kazim Kazim guy will occupy a right wing forward position). It's not only that Gignac has a lot of pressure when the scoring lies solely on his shoulders, but also that in lack of direct support he doesn't get so many good scoring chances as he is lonely in attack and constantly marked. Last season he scored a lot of goals from what were not good scoring chances. Now, add to this, that he seemingly doesn't have as much efficiency in front of the net as last season, and it is no wonder he doesn't repeat his scoring. It is not easy task.

So, I do think highly of Gignac, he is fast, strong, athletic forward, good in duels, has very good shot on right foot, decent finishing on left one as well, superb in air. It is likely that he'll move to a bigger club soon, and England would be not only possible, but also recommendable, because the pacy, physical game would suit him fine.

However, I cannot rank these guys, because I know so very little of Pazzini and Lavezzi. I think Lavezzi is sort of similar case to Gignac, in that there was huge hype about him just last season and now he isn't doing much anything at all. I would like to remark, that despite the huge hype on Lavezzi, he never did anything as special as Gignac last season and Serie A today isn't tougher than Ligue 1, so, I would perhaps rank Gignac higher. He is also younger than Lavezzi, isn't he? Well, anyway, they're almost the same age, doesn't change a lot. Lavezzi seems, from what I have seen, somewhat same type of player as Gignac, although I do assume Gignac is physically stronger of these two. Technically there's no big difference between these two.

Pazzini has been big this season, but isn't he a simple scoring forward, a target man? He might become a sort of Gignac for Italy then, but I do feel that Gignac is better all around player, more complete. Hard to say though, I don't really know much about Pazzini. Pazzini just seems to me to be mostly a lucky stand-in-front-of-the-goal-and-poke-the-balls-in, so I don't see any huge potential there, and that kind of player can easily see a dry season as well, if just his teammates are unable to produce all those easy chances. Currently he has a sort of constant Christmas in Sampdoria.

Now, as neither of these guys seem to me to be a Pato or Benzema type of technically super talented players, but rather belong to the same category of physical fast forwards with decent skill and good finishing with Gignac, I would say that Gignac is the most proven of the three, and I personally am most sure about his potential to make it real high on international level.

The season ended in Russia nearly two months ago' date=' Glushakov's team (Lokomotiv) finished 4th (2pts ahead of CSKA Moskva). His rating has stagnated at [b']87[/b]. He is a starter but gets substituted out of far too many games for him to rise, maybe if Lokomotiv get a decent European run his rating may change.

Cheers KNVB,

I think I'll hold onto him for now.....

these are the young player i bought off the transfer market in order to build my youth team. what do you guys think about them? do you think they will rise in the future?

STUDER, Sascha.............Gk...........18.....73.....(Swiss/FC Aarau)

MUNIESA, Mark...............CB/LB.......17.....75.....(Spanish/Barcelona)

LANDU-LANDU, Christian...CB/DM......18.....74.....(Norweigan/Viking FK)

THOMPSON, Josh............CB...........18.....70.....(English/Celtic)

SOILEDIS, Aris................LM/Wing....18.....75.....(Greek/Olympiakos)

KLEM, Christian...............RM/RB.......18.....74.....(Austrian/SK Sturm Graz)

EDU RAMOS, Gómez.........DM/CM......17.....73.....(Spanish/Malaga CF)

PILIEV, Nika ...................CM/AM......18.....75.....(Russian/CSKA Moskva)

LUALUA, Kazenga............AM/Wing....19.....74.....(English/Newcastle United)

BAXTER, Jose.................Fwd/Wing...17.....75.....(English/Everton)

DONALDSON, Ryan..........Fwd...........18.....70.....(English/Newcastle United)

CASNOS, Luc...........CF.............17.....74.....(Dutch/Feyenoord)

these are the young player i bought off the transfer market in order to build my youth team. what do you guys think about them? do you think they will rise in the future?

STUDER' date=' Sascha.............Gk...........18.....73.....(Swiss/FC Aarau)

MUNIESA, Mark...............CB/LB.......17.....75.....(Spanish/Barcelona)

LANDU-LANDU, Christian...CB/DM......18.....74.....(Norweigan/Viking FK)

THOMPSON, Josh............CB...........18.....70.....(English/Celtic)

SOILEDIS, Aris................LM/Wing....18.....75.....(Greek/Olympiakos)

KLEM, Christian...............RM/RB.......18.....74.....(Austrian/SK Sturm Graz)

EDU RAMOS, Gómez.........DM/CM......17.....73.....(Spanish/Malaga CF)

PILIEV, Nika ...................CM/AM......18.....75.....(Russian/CSKA Moskva)

LUALUA, Kazenga............AM/Wing....19.....74.....(English/Newcastle United)

BAXTER, Jose.................Fwd/Wing...17.....75.....(English/Everton)

DONALDSON, Ryan..........Fwd...........18.....70.....(English/Newcastle United)

CASNOS, Luc...........CF.............17.....74.....(Dutch/Feyenoord)[/quote']

I've heard Baxter is very promising. First time to me to hear the other names.

Guest BrandonBurrows

Sell Parejo' date='Munian ?

Could do with the cash to buy a CF/FWD who is 90+ or gonna be (Reccomendations if you want!)[/quote']

Keep Munian for sure, he's only 17. I'm not sure about Parejo though.

So Boca Juniors got unmanaged a couple of days ago, and we're now able to buy their players.

So i first bidded on BASTOS, but got outbidded by a bigger club.

But theres some players left on the team that i might be intrested in.

So which player/players of these do you think i should go for?

MISIMOVIC, Zvjezdan

JURADO, José Manuel

HERNANES, Anderson

RYAZANTSEV, Aleksandr

CASTILLO, Edgar

Thanks!

I would personally go for either Hernanes or Jurado, for different reasons.

Hernanes has been in and around the Brazillian squad, and is one of the most sought after CM's in Brazil.

He is merely learning his trade in Brazil, and is awaiting the right move ... to a top club in Europe.

Jurado is a quality young player. A shining light in a struggling Atletico team.

I see nothing but good things for either of these 2, so either will be a good purchase.

I would just give it to Hernanes though.

So Boca Juniors got unmanaged a couple of days ago' date=' and we're now able to buy their players.

MISIMOVIC, Zvjezdan

JURADO, José Manuel

HERNANES, Anderson

RYAZANTSEV, Aleksandr

CASTILLO, Edgar

Thanks![/quote']

Don't know anything about the first four but Castillo could be on the US squad for the WC and if he plays well, he could move to a bigger club over the summer.

So Boca Juniors got unmanaged a couple of days ago' date=' and we're now able to buy their players.

MISIMOVIC, Zvjezdan

JURADO, José Manuel

HERNANES, Anderson

RYAZANTSEV, Aleksandr

CASTILLO, Edgar

Thanks![/quote']

I would go for Misimovic.

Well' date=' Gignac hasn't been scoring much this season. Still should be a starter for France though. Becuase of not scoring much this season (so far) some people think he is new Elmander, meaning a one season wonder. I personally doubt that and still rank him high. He does get a lot of scoring chances, shoots a lot, just doesn't score actually. He has started to produce more places for others now, which is good (assisted all three goals in last game). Toulouse buying a new forward might help too, as the responsibility will be shared and he will have some more direct support.

One must not overlook the fact that he won the scoring title in France last year without having much support in attack. Toulouse's midfield is very defensive and the lateral players haven't been of top quality. Machado, who is more productive, has suffered injuries this season. Tabanou, also a skilled individual, is still very young and hasn't been so good under the pressure - plus he plays all the time for les bleuets, which tires him as well. Braaten, Sirieix and seemingly Devaux too, aren't really top of ligue 1 quality. So Toulouse simply lacks a productive player on right flank (and I suppose that Kazim Kazim guy will occupy a right wing forward position). It's not only that Gignac has a lot of pressure when the scoring lies solely on his shoulders, but also that in lack of direct support he doesn't get so many good scoring chances as he is lonely in attack and constantly marked. Last season he scored a lot of goals from what were not good scoring chances. Now, add to this, that he seemingly doesn't have as much efficiency in front of the net as last season, and it is no wonder he doesn't repeat his scoring. It is not easy task.

So, I do think highly of Gignac, he is fast, strong, athletic forward, good in duels, has very good shot on right foot, decent finishing on left one as well, superb in air. It is likely that he'll move to a bigger club soon, and England would be not only possible, but also recommendable, because the pacy, physical game would suit him fine.

However, I cannot rank these guys, because I know so very little of Pazzini and Lavezzi. I think Lavezzi is sort of similar case to Gignac, in that there was huge hype about him just last season and now he isn't doing much anything at all. I would like to remark, that despite the huge hype on Lavezzi, he never did anything as special as Gignac last season and Serie A today isn't tougher than Ligue 1, so, I would perhaps rank Gignac higher. He is also younger than Lavezzi, isn't he? Well, anyway, they're almost the same age, doesn't change a lot. Lavezzi seems, from what I have seen, somewhat same type of player as Gignac, although I do assume Gignac is physically stronger of these two. Technically there's no big difference between these two.

Pazzini has been big this season, but isn't he a simple scoring forward, a target man? He might become a sort of Gignac for Italy then, but I do feel that Gignac is better all around player, more complete. Hard to say though, I don't really know much about Pazzini. Pazzini just seems to me to be mostly a lucky stand-in-front-of-the-goal-and-poke-the-balls-in, so I don't see any huge potential there, and that kind of player can easily see a dry season as well, if just his teammates are unable to produce all those easy chances. Currently he has a sort of constant Christmas in Sampdoria.

Now, as neither of these guys seem to me to be a Pato or Benzema type of technically super talented players, but rather belong to the same category of physical fast forwards with decent skill and good finishing with Gignac, I would say that Gignac is the most proven of the three, and I personally am most sure about his potential to make it real high on international level.[/quote']

Good analysis, but I would disagree with you on a couple of things. First of all, Serie A is harder than Ligue 1. Teams are much more defensive and scoring is rather complicated, since clubs think more about not being scored on rather than scoring themselves. Especially for forwards, that is an important fact to look at. It is also more competitive, besides for the first place in which Inter undoubtedly has a pretty large gap over competitors. But if you put side-by-side the teams from the first to the 8th or 9th positions - Milan, Roma, Napoli, Palermo, Juventus, Fiorentina, Cagliari, Genoa - you find that they all have talented players, some of them a good playing style, and are all competing for the CL and Europa League positions. I think this and other factors put the Italian League ahead of the French one.

Pazzini isn't just a stand-in-front-of-goal player; he is not an Inzaghi. He can score from outside of the box and has good technique with both feet, as well as a powerful surgical header. True, he depends on other people's assists, but how many CFs don't? People like Eto'o, Adebayor, Drogba need balls given to them for most goals they score, they don't just put it in by themselves as others would (Messi, Ibrahimovic, Tevez, ecc.). Sampdoria has had a slump in the latter months of this season, but Pazzini still manages to put balls in the net. Watch the highlights of England-Italy U21 3-3 at Wembley to see his talent!

I have never seen Gignac play but, also since he's a F/Am and not just CF, I assume he plays differently than Pazzini. He should be more similar to Lavezzi who, although good, I think is overrated. He's quick and technical, but I don't find him anything except maybe above average. So I can't really comment on this list because I haven't seen Gignac, but I wouldn't be so swift in saying he's better than Pazzini. As the latter will probably rise these changes, he's also one to look out for in the future.

Other than that, again you did a nice job summarising and I hope to have said something else useful to the person who was inquiring about these three.

Cheers!