Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

Toro De Líbano

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

One club that is unmanaged has three good players :

Giggs, Huddlestone and Defoe, Defoe is only one that is bidden.:)

Who should I buy? I am thinking about Giggs because I don't have good LM(only Capel on loan)

And in other club there are Gabriel Milito, Viera, Meireles, Karadeniz and Jeolon Lescott.

Good analysis' date=' but I would disagree with you on a couple of things. First of all, Serie A is harder than Ligue 1. Teams are much more defensive and scoring is rather complicated, since clubs think more about not being scored on rather than scoring themselves. Especially for forwards, that is an important fact to look at. It is also more competitive, besides for the first place in which Inter undoubtedly has a pretty large gap over competitors. But if you put side-by-side the teams from the first to the 8th or 9th positions - Milan, Roma, Napoli, Palermo, Juventus, Fiorentina, Cagliari, Genoa - you find that they all have talented players, some of them a good playing style, and are all competing for the CL and Europa League positions. I think this and other factors put the Italian League ahead of the French one.

Pazzini isn't just a stand-in-front-of-goal player; he is not an Inzaghi. He can score from outside of the box and has good technique with both feet, as well as a powerful surgical header. True, he depends on other people's assists, but how many CFs don't? People like Eto'o, Adebayor, Drogba need balls given to them for most goals they score, they don't just put it in by themselves as others would (Messi, Ibrahimovic, Tevez, ecc.). Sampdoria has had a slump in the latter months of this season, but Pazzini still manages to put balls in the net. Watch the highlights of England-Italy U21 3-3 at Wembley to see his talent!

I have never seen Gignac play but, also since he's a F/Am and not just CF, I assume he plays differently than Pazzini. He should be more similar to Lavezzi who, although good, I think is overrated. He's quick and technical, but I don't find him anything except maybe above average. So I can't really comment on this list because I haven't seen Gignac, but I wouldn't be so swift in saying he's better than Pazzini. As the latter will probably rise these changes, he's also one to look out for in the future.

Other than that, again you did a nice job summarising and I hope to have said something else useful to the person who was inquiring about these three.

Cheers![/quote']

Great to have a backed up opposing opinion. However, as you could have guessed, I disagree on few things.

If you list all your Milan and Genoa and Fiorentina, and put them aside with the corresponding French clubs, you'll find soon that the French teams like Lille, Toulouse, Lyon, Monaco and Marseille are able to beat them in Europe, as they have done. I understood that Juventus just received some ***-whooping from Bordeaux. Wasn't it so? :P How about Fiorentina and Lyon? :D Only one that went to Italians was Marseille-Milan and that by a little marrgin. Meanwhile Genoa and Lille were sort of equal, both winning once, but I would say that Lille is by far stronger team and only lost to Genoa in middle of what was overly tightly scheduled row of games - they played 7 games in 3 weeks.

It remains to be seen if Bordeaux is tougher than Inter. It's mere fact that Ligue 1 has become stronger than it used to be while Serie A isn't as strong as it was, and thus Ligue 1 has reached Serie A's level. Note, that in France the level is very equal, already traditionally, so that the mid table clubs are very competitive. For example, Toulouse has been able to do somewhat well in Europe with what is practically a B-squad, while struggling in France. Sochaux, that just lately has risen to 13th place in Ligue 1 table, has players like Dalmat, Faty and Brechet that could as well play for Genoa or Palermo. What has happened is exactly that the French top has reached the Italian top, while the level of lower clubs, the good mid table that occasionally plays in Europe, has for long time been equal between the leagues.

Pazzini. I don't know him too well, but I just watched series of his goals and most of them were from one or two meters and more strikingly some just bounced in from him and he didn't even shoot at all. Gignac scores a lot of long shots, also free kicks and nice lobs, creates the chances himself (takes the ball from the opponent, makes runs towards net with the ball). Pazzini mostly seems to just stand in front of the goal and the ball accidentally hits him, takes a bounce, or he pokes it awkwardly to the general direction of the unguarded net and voilà, it's a goal for him. Or that's what I've seen on videos, wasn't really impressed of his talent. To me it seems that most of the work on most of his goals had been done by a certain Cassano (now, that's a talented player) and when Pazzini had the ball the goal was already pretty sure to happen. So, I just say, that to me it seems that Gignac is more talented and more able to produce the goals himself, despite bad season that he currently has, and Pazzini is more just enjoying the quality of his teams creative player(s). As the guy was asking for who do you think has the most potential, I'd just say Gignac. I'm not sure if any of the three will become a huge player, but what I've seen Gignac seems to be the most likely to be able to do that.

Also, it should not be overlooked that the former French international strikers chose Gignac to be the top striker of France, over Benzema, Anelka and Henry. There must be something there then.

Pique

Chiellini

Great to have a backed up opposing opinion. However' date=' as you could have guessed, I disagree on few things.

If you list all your Milan and Genoa and Fiorentina, and put them aside with the corresponding French clubs, you'll find soon that the French teams like Lille, Toulouse, Lyon, Monaco and Marseille are able to beat them in Europe, as they have done. I understood that Juventus just received some ***-whooping from Bordeaux. Wasn't it so? :P How about Fiorentina and Lyon? :D Only one that went to Italians was Marseille-Milan and that by a little marrgin. Meanwhile Genoa and Lille were sort of equal, both winning once, but I would say that Lille is by far stronger team and only lost to Genoa in middle of what was overly tightly scheduled row of games - they played 7 games in 3 weeks.

It remains to be seen if Bordeaux is tougher than Inter. It's mere fact that Ligue 1 has become stronger than it used to be while Serie A isn't as strong as it was, and thus Ligue 1 has reached Serie A's level. Note, that in France the level is very equal, already traditionally, so that the mid table clubs are very competitive. For example, Toulouse has been able to do somewhat well in Europe with what is practically a B-squad, while struggling in France. Sochaux, that just lately has risen to 13th place in Ligue 1 table, has players like Dalmat, Faty and Brechet that could as well play for Genoa or Palermo. What has happened is exactly that the French top has reached the Italian top, while the level of lower clubs, the good mid table that occasionally plays in Europe, has for long time been equal between the leagues.

Pazzini. I don't know him too well, but I just watched series of his goals and most of them were from one or two meters and more strikingly some just bounced in from him and he didn't even shoot at all. Gignac scores a lot of long shots, also free kicks and nice lobs, creates the chances himself (takes the ball from the opponent, makes runs towards net with the ball). Pazzini mostly seems to just stand in front of the goal and the ball accidentally hits him, takes a bounce, or he pokes it awkwardly to the general direction of the unguarded net and voilà, it's a goal for him. Or that's what I've seen on videos, wasn't really impressed of his talent. To me it seems that most of the work on most of his goals had been done by a certain Cassano (now, that's a talented player) and when Pazzini had the ball the goal was already pretty sure to happen. So, I just say, that to me it seems that Gignac is more talented and more able to produce the goals himself, despite bad season that he currently has, and Pazzini is more just enjoying the quality of his teams creative player(s). As the guy was asking for who do you think has the most potential, I'd just say Gignac. I'm not sure if any of the three will become a huge player, but what I've seen Gignac seems to be the most likely to be able to do that.

Also, it should not be overlooked that the former French international strikers chose Gignac to be the top striker of France, over Benzema, Anelka and Henry. There must be something there then.[/quote']

About the club level, Fiorentina has caught up to Lyon this year, beating them in the CL and qualifying first, although they're not doing too well in the league.

Inter, I think, is definitely above any French team, as players and game.

Juve and Milan are not what they used to be, and fresh teams like Bordeaux and Marseille can be on par with them although maybe they might have "weaker" starting 11s based on player quality.

From there to mid table there are many teams in both leagues with interesting and talented players, young and old, but I feel there might be a little more in Serie A. I don't watch Ligue 1 so this is just an impression, I'm not making any definitive statements.

Pazzini is a CF, unlike Gignac who is a F/AM. That is the difference. You wouldn't ask Inzaghi to take the ball on the midfield, dribble people, and score with a lob. Even considering that Inzaghi has the technical level of a 16 year old and the positioning of a jaguar, his task is different than that of different attacking players. The same is true also of Pazzini. Inzaghi has never in my memory scored from outside of the box, yet he has scored enormous amounts wherever he played. Gignac, maybe like Cassano, might not score that much but will give assists and GAME to his team.

The difference lies in what the player has to do...obviously Forwards need much more technique than other positions, but they also need to do different things. And for being "just" a CF, Pazzini has a pretty good amount of technique. He has scored some bicycle kicks and nice headers as well as shots from far and tap-ins; Gignac might have done differently but in the end you have to see what is the role of each player.

Need some advice on Yoann Gourcuff never really seen him play but I do remember him at Milan and he didnt make a big impact

He's he one of those who is good in the french league but will struggle at a better league???

He seems to have learnt a lot from his experience in milan rhys he has come back to france a better player and is improving all the time he's a regular for france now aswell definate 93 next ratings.

Both these players are transfer banned at the moment, but i can get them for chairmans value when they're up. They are...

Brad Guzan - 25 - 85 - 2m

As much as he's 2nd choice at the moment at Villa, when Brad Friedel retires im sure after his league cup performances this season, he'll be first choice then at Villa.

On the other hand, i can get..

Brad Friedel - 38 - 90 - 5.5m

First choice at Villa, but only has about 2 year's left before he'll retire IMO.

What do you think i should do?

Both these players are transfer banned at the moment' date=' but i can get them for chairmans value when they're up. They are...

[center']Brad Guzan - 25 - 85 - 2m

As much as he's 2nd choice at the moment at Villa, when Brad Friedel retires im sure after his league cup performances this season, he'll be first choice then at Villa.[/center]

On the other hand, i can get..

Brad Friedel - 38 - 90 - 5.5m

First choice at Villa, but only has about 2 year's left before he'll retire IMO.

What do you think i should do?

Buy Friedel 2 years real time = 4/5 sm seasons you would be getting a great keeper on the cheap why sm didnt give him a 91 last ratings only they will know.As for Guzan im not sure he will be Friedels replacement he has looked very shaky at times he's a great back up but im not convinced he will ever be a fulltime starter for the villa.

I'm selling a few players as my squad is massive..!! And im only selling them because they just dont play..

I am selling these.. what do you guys think?! :D

Barzagli

Kyle Naughton

Ignazo Ibate

Stefano Guberti

Juan Vargas

Sebastien Corchia

Am i right to be selling these? Some have just risen.. and don't forget, i am only selling them because i need cash, and they are not near my 1st team. :confused:

I'm selling a few players as my squad is massive..!! And im only selling them because they just dont play..

I am selling these.. what do you guys think?! :D

Barzagli

Kyle Naughton

Ignazo Ibate

Stefano Guberti

Juan Vargas

Sebastien Corchia

Am i right to be selling these? Some have just risen.. and don't forget' date=' i am only selling them because i need cash, and they are not near my 1st team. :confused:[/quote']

Juan Vargas? The left man from Fiorentina...Agree with the others but not with this one :rolleyes:

Hi Im enquiring about Correia Adriano. Is he now a left back for Seville full time as he seems to have had a positional change and if so is he starting ahead of Navarro there. Just wondering because my starting left back in my Coventry setup is Filipe of Deportivo who didnt get a deserved rise and is now injured long term and now thinking he might be a good option too. As well as this is 89 rated def Alexis of Valencia playing regularly?

one club that is unmanaged has three good players :

Giggs' date=' huddlestone and defoe, defoe is only one that is bidden.:)

who should i buy? I am thinking about giggs because i don't have good lm(only capel on loan)

and in other club there are gabriel milito, viera, meireles, karadeniz and jeolon lescott.[/quote']

help!!!!!!!

One club that is unmanaged has three good players :

Giggs' date=' Huddlestone and Defoe, Defoe is only one that is bidden.:)

Who should I buy? I am thinking about Giggs because I don't have good LM(only Capel on loan)

And in other club there are Gabriel Milito, Viera, Meireles, Karadeniz and Jeolon Lescott.[/quote']

Of that lot I would say that Meireles is the best. Regular for Porto and Portugal. He also has a chance of having a position change to LM/CM or CM/LM because he is deployed in Porto on the left of a 4-3-3 midfield. Gabi Milito is probably not the safest investment since nobody knows what his future is at Barca. Defoe is a solid striker, he might rise again if he keeps on scoring, but that's still a long way away.

Giggs is old now and I'm not an expert but I would vouch on him dropping the next time around, since he's mainly a sub. HOWEVER the england changes are a while away so for at least 1 SM season you'd be safe with him.

Yeah him. Why.. do you think he is worth keeping? He has just risen' date=' but im thinking of cashing in...[/quote']

Because he is talented, relatively young, and plays in a position where there is often scarcity (LM). Plus, no matter how good your first team is, you will still need subs for your wings on cup games/in case of injury, and as Vargas is a very good level sub with a future ahead of him he should be kept as a backup.

Fiorentina will only get better and so will he.

who should Ibyuy of the following

Bastos' date=' krasic, a. young, ederson, fernandiho

who ever Iuy would be a sub![/quote']

Probably Krasic, being linked with big teams, and might move in the summer, If you want them to rise in future i'd go with Krasic..