Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

Toro De Líbano

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

What are their likely ratings in 5 years time?

That is impossible for me to predict, but in the next changes Gourcuff will possibly rise, but it's tough in France to rise over 93. I'm sure he will be there if he has a good showing in the world cup. Nasri is a good player when he stays fit, but thats the problem. He is prone to getting injured, and I cannot see him going over 93 without a whole season of football, and good football. He does not play enough, but his rating should be okay. I am certain that Gourcuff can hit 94 within 2 years, if he continues in such a rich vein of consistent form. But 5 years, that's too long, we may not be playing the game by that time. And in that time, new monopolies could develop in France, Bordeaux could lose their status as the top team in France, or a major injury could develop.

Is there a cheap and good left back i can buy with 16mil?

and i really need a godd midfielder and stricker above 91rating

i have 75mil to spend

Filipe Luis (may not be cheap)

Aly Cissoko (same as above)

Aleksandr Kolarov (Good LB should move to a bigger club in the summer)

Nacho Monreal

Midfielders: Lass Diarra, Javi Garcia, Claudio Marchisio, Santos Ramires, Sergio Busquets...

Strikers: Lisandro Lopez, Gilardino, Tevez, Gomez, Olic, Higuain, Pato....

I would choose Lloris there as I feel he has nailed down a starters spot in the French team' date=' and he was a huge player in the 2 games against Ireland. But his team, Lyon, is underachieving in France right now, and I don't see him rising unless he can be a huge player in South Africa. Adler is playing with the top team in Germany right now, [b']but I don't think he will be the first team goalkeeper for Germany in the world cup[/b], and I don't see him rising even if his team finish first in the Bundesliga. Asenjo will likely break 90, but that may take a year or two. He is also well outside a place in the Spanish team.

Actually, he is the 1st choice for Germany and Jogi Löw confirmed that Adler will be the 1st choice.

Singaporean Pundit - I would get Lloris. He is a quality goalkeeper and I wouldn't be suprisied if he moved to a big club next season.

I signed Ryan Shawcross a while back for £4.8M and his rating has increased since then' date=' is he due for another increase next time round or should i accept the £6,664,000 from the unmanageable club?[/quote']

Shawcross is a good player but there are other CB's you could buy with a greater chance of rising in upcoming changes ;)

sell shawcross and buy badstubber as he is a amazing talent he is rated 85 but at the moment playing like a 90 at least or get carrico rated 87 soon will be 89plus by next year

both are under 21 stars and i have heard carrico was being considered for the world cup

Have a few deals happening simultaneously and would like to know whether they are good or not:

Im buying Gareth Barry in exchange for Stephen Ireland. Ireland is technically first choice but been off-form of late scoring consecutive 4s at CM as the team lost. Barry would be definite first choice.

Im buying Craig Bellamy for £11,850,000. He would be rotating with another 89 forward and also be an emergency winger should any of my 90 rtd wingers get injured. The price is the max my chairman will pay.

Im selling Nilmar for £14m. I bought him for £14m last season when he was rtd 89 but his stats read 15 apps, 1 goal, compared to a rival Fwds 3 in 10.

Thanks for reading.

Have a few deals happening simultaneously and would like to know whether they are good or not:

Im buying Gareth Barry in exchange for Stephen Ireland. Ireland is technically first choice but been off-form of late scoring consecutive 4s at CM as the team lost. Barry would be definite first choice.

Im buying Craig Bellamy for £11' date='850,000. He would be rotating with another 89 forward and also be an emergency winger should any of my 90 rtd wingers get injured. The price is the max my chairman will pay.

Im selling Nilmar for £14m. I bought him for £14m last season when he was rtd 89 but his stats read 15 apps, 1 goal, compared to a rival Fwds 3 in 10.

Thanks for reading.[/quote']

1) I would do it, Barry is better than Ireland and has been holding him out of the starting lineup for City this season. Also, he is an England international, he really deservs 92.

2) Bellamy is good, no doubt. But for that sum, you can buy players like Balotelli, Hulk and Elia to name a few. I'm not saying Bellamy sucks, but there are younger and more talented players you could get for that price...

3) Sell Nilmar only if you can get Chamakh, Llorente (Bilbao) or Falcao to name a few.

1) I would do it' date=' Barry is better than Ireland and has been holding him out of the starting lineup for City this season. Also, he is an England international, he really deservs 92.

2) Bellamy is good, no doubt. But for that sum, you can buy players like Balotelli, Hulk and Elia to name a few. I'm not saying Bellamy sucks, but there are younger and more talented players you could get for that price...

3) Sell Nilmar only if you can get Chamakh, Llorente (Bilbao) or Falcao to name a few.[/quote']

1) Thanks. I was thinking the same thing, but heard that Ireland could move to Liverpool.

2) Trust me, it wouldnt in this scenario. What would be your reaction if I said I sold Elia yesterday for more than £11m?

3) I already have Llorente, Chamakh is available, and Falcao is unavailable, and plays for Nilmar's ex-club in the gameworld.

1) Thanks. I was thinking the same thing' date=' but heard that Ireland could move to Liverpool.

2) Trust me, it wouldnt in this scenario. What would be your reaction if I said I sold Elia yesterday for more than £11m?

3) I already have Llorente, Chamakh is available, and Falcao is unavailable, and plays for Nilmar's ex-club in the gameworld.[/quote']

Sell Nilmar and get Chamakh. Chamkah is better than Nilmar IMO.

Im buying Craig Bellamy for £11' date='850,000. He would be rotating with another 89 forward and also be an emergency winger should any of my 90 rtd wingers get injured. The price is the max my chairman will pay.

Thanks for reading.[/quote']

1) It's a fair deal, Ireland is young but if he's been off-form then you might need a change around.

2) In a setup like ours thats a very good price.

3) I'd happily buy Nilmar for 14mil if I had it, put it that way. I think you could do a LOT better. Might even be interested in taking him off you myself lol.

And also, I think you got a bad deal re: Elia. Just my opinion though, it was around 9mil + Riise wasn't it?

1) It's a fair deal' date=' Ireland is young but if he's been off-form then you might need a change around.

2) In a setup like ours thats a very good price.

3) I'd happily buy Nilmar for 14mil if I had it, put it that way. I think you could do a LOT better. Might even be interested in taking him off you myself lol.

And also, I think you got a bad deal re: Elia. Just my opinion though, it was around 9mil + Riise wasn't it?[/quote']

I bid £9m + Riise. It looks bad, but I was planning on buying Riise separately, so either way, Elia would have left and Riise arrived. It may look better whn all my signings go through, theres others in the pipeline.

I bid £9m + Riise. It looks bad' date=' but I was planning on buying Riise separately, so either way, Elia would have left and Riise arrived. It may look better whn all my signings go through, theres others in the pipeline.[/quote']

I guess it depends mostly on the balance of your team.

And i keep placing 35-45m on Essien' date=' but the manager keep saying he wants 68m, is that worth it? :eek:

I could make 68m up by selling Cana, Scholes, Lucho Gonzalez and Cambiasso.[/b']

Essien is Definitely not worth giving up 4 other players in his position. Unless you have amazing Depth..

Essien Definitely is not worth giving up 4 other players in his position. Unless you have amazing Depth..

Well you'd know, check my Manchester United team in EuroChamp 488.. I want to work on the team, but then the defense needs work on, but i don't want Cambiasso, Scholes, Cana and Lucho Gonzalez, hence why i put them all on the market, but need to find someone to bring in before i sell them. I think 45m was reasonable, but 68m:confused:

Well you'd know' date=' check my Manchester United team in EuroChamp 488.. I want to work on the team, but then the defense needs work on, but i don't want Cambiasso, Scholes, Cana and Lucho Gonzalez, hence why i put them all on the market, but need to find someone to bring in before i sell them. I think 45m was reasonable, but 68m:confused:[/quote']

Cambiasso can be kept for a while, Scholes and Cana can go (I don't know enough about Lucho Gonzalez)

Have you tried offering some of the players you want to get rid of in the exchange?

Also, you should get the 20 something missing millions the other guy wants by selling those 3 players and still be able to keep Cambiasso for your team or better trades....

Cambiasso can be kept for a while' date=' Scholes and Cana can go (I don't know enough about Lucho Gonzalez)

Have you tried offering some of the players you want to get rid of in the exchange?

Also, you should get the 20 something missing millions the other guy wants by selling those 3 players and still be able to keep Cambiasso for your team or better trades....[/quote']

I know, but im not a fan of Cambiasso, i tryed swapping Cambiasso for Xabi Alonso who i admire! but it got rejected, then i went for Essien. I've offered for Essien:

Cambiasso + 0k

Cambiasso + Scholes + 0k

£35m

£45m

£50

Ferdinand + Cana + 0k

Well you'd know' date=' check my Manchester United team in EuroChamp 488.. I want to work on the team, but then the defense needs work on, but i don't want Cambiasso, Scholes, Cana and Lucho Gonzalez, hence why i put them all on the market, but need to find someone to bring in before i sell them. I think 45m was reasonable, but 68m:confused:[/quote']

you should sell Cana, Scholes and Lucho. But I would keep Cambiasso, many people underrate Cambiasso, Cambiasso has shown his doubters why he deserves to be rated so highly many times this season and I don't think you'd be able to get some one who would fill the void he'll leave in your Midfield.

Back to selling Cana, Scholes etc.. As I said, your probably right in wanting to sell them.. However, you must consider that these are 3 main players which play a big role in your midfield. So I would recommend asking around first. See who you can get with the money (From the Sales) or through P/E. As you might end up selling them and struggle to find replacements.

Hope this helped :)

you should sell Cana' date=' Scholes and Lucho. But I would keep Cambiasso, many people underrate Cambiasso, Cambiasso has shown his doubters why he deserves to be rated so highly many times this season and I don't think you'd be able to get some one who would fill the void he'll leave in your Midfield.

Back to selling Cana, Scholes etc.. As I said, your probably right in wanting to sell them.. However, you must consider that these are 3 main players which play a big role in your midfield. So I would recommend asking around first. See who you can get with the money (From the Sales) or through P/E. As you might end up selling them and struggle to find replacements.

Hope this helped :)[/quote']

What i might do, cause i have alot of money, ill go buy some players, and then sell.

I did place some offers on many players on your Milan team, but you didn't seem to want to sell sadly.

Your 1 point ahead of me too in the title challenge:eek: