Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

Toro De Líbano

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

Is it worth buying Allan MCGREGOR as a new first choice keeper?

If you want a reasonably safe 88, then he's your man. First choice for Rangers, and 88 seems just about right for a SPL player...

Since its a tough as nails setup, I'll probably say yes.

Is it worth buying Allan MCGREGOR as a new first choice keeper?

He would be a good first choice keeper for your team, he might be looking at a 89 but other than that, buy him as he will either rise or stay.

I will try asking for around 9/10m. Carroll hasn't shown anything so far to justify you asking for 13m for him. Easy' date=' sell Nzonzi. He's a decent player, but the likes of Mariga and Yarmolenko have the potential to achieve a better rating then him as they are at bigger teams and generally regarded as good prospects. They also enjoy international futbol, something which Nzonzi will never get. Keep Mariga and Yarmolenko, and sell Nzonzi to external. Carroll try selling to Chelsea, if not sell to external and keep him on your SL.[/quote']

Ill offer him to Port Vale and Watford for 9M then, if they reject ill accept a external bid which will be about 3.9M. The Liverpool manager doesn't seem to want Mariga for the price i want (9M) so should i ask for lower or just keep him? At the end of the day the sale of Mariga who barely players for me would bring me Gourcuff, but if Mariga is a 90+ future prospect ill keep him. I've had Nzonzi for sale for over 8 weeks now and he's yet to have a bid placed on him which is frustrating. I should get around 10M for the Dutch risers i got a couple of weeks ago too, but they're still on transfer bans at the moment, but they should take me to 31M, but i need around 60M to sign the players i want, which seems to grow and grow each day.

By the way, when i said Carroll has been linked to Chelsea i meant in real life. They had placed a 5M bid on him apparently but never heard any more on the matter. but they're yet to come of transfer ban.

The Liverpool manager doesn't seem to want Mariga for the price i want (9M) so should i ask for lower or just keep him? At the end of the day the sale of Mariga who barely players for me would bring me Gourcuff' date=' but if Mariga is a 90+ future prospect ill keep him.[/quote']

Yeah Mariga can hit 90 and beyond, he just needs to slowly get the minutes on the pitch. If Muntari leaves Inter, then Mariga will definitely get to see more time on the field.

I've had Nzonzi for sale for over 8 weeks now and he's yet to have a bid placed on him which is frustrating.

It's because its an EC? And I believe Nzonzi real-life club Blackburn is managed so to wait for an external team to bid for Nzonzi will definitely take some time' date=' it sucks but this is the way it is unfortunately.

By the way, when i said Carroll has been linked to Chelsea i meant in real life. They had placed a 5M bid on him apparently but never heard any more on the matter. but they're yet to come of transfer ban.

Yeah but Chelsea sign Sturridge and Turnbull too. Not saying they are bad, just saying that that's kinda their transfer policy, get some decent-ish English lads in their squad. Anyway, Carroll is about the only up-and-coming target man England has right now, and if he eventually does make the cut for the Tree Lions (if it really does happens, won't be anytime soon anyway), then he could be an okay player.

Yeah Mariga can hit 90 and beyond' date=' he just needs to slowly get the minutes on the pitch. If Muntari leaves Inter, then Mariga will definitely get to see more time on the field.[/quote']

Oh ill keep him then, or ill inform the Liverpool manager about that fact which might make him abit more interested in the player and willing to pay around 10M.

It's because its an EC? And I believe Nzonzi real-life club Blackburn is managed so to wait for an external team to bid for Nzonzi will definitely take some time, it sucks but this is the way it is unfortunately.

Blackburn are actually unmanaged. I did contract SM last Friday about the matter and they got back to me this morning saying:

Hi Dan,

Once a player is placed on the transfer list you could receive an offer from an external or unmanaged club. However, the time it takes to receive this offer can vary from a few days to a few weeks.

Regards

SoccerManager.com Support Team

SM Support Team

Yeah but Chelsea sign Sturridge and Turnbull too. Not saying they are bad, just saying that that's kinda their transfer policy, get some decent-ish English lads in their squad. Anyway, Carroll is about the only potential target man England has right now, and if he eventually does make the cut for the Tree Lions (if it really does happens, won't be anytime soon anyway), then he could be an okay player.

I wouldn't think Carroll would make the England team, maybe the subs bench, but we have Rooney who is only in his mid 20's and then the likes of Wickham and Moses who in 10 years could be very good players and playing ahead of Carroll if he doesn't hit it off in the Premierleague.

Oh ill keep him then' date=' or ill inform the Liverpool manager about that fact which might make him abit more interested in the player and willing to pay around 10M.

Sounds alright but is there no one else you can sell instead of Mariga? I'll keep him in a competitive setup.

I wouldn't think Carroll would make the England team' date=' maybe the subs bench, but we have Rooney who is only in his mid 20's and then the likes of Wickham and Moses who in 10 years could be very good players and playing ahead of Carroll if he doesn't hit it off in the Premierleague.[/quote']

Yeah but Moses and Wickham aren't your traditional towering target man though. I don't rate Carroll very much either way so if you can get a decent bid I would sell.

Sounds alright but is there no one else you can sell instead of Mariga? I'll keep him in a competitive setup.

Only other player below him i would sell would be Nzonzi. I've got a number of decent talented midfielders' date=' such as Ramsey, Wilshere, Kakuta, Labyad etc etc

Here's my squad if you want a better look to see who you think i could sell: Link

I also have Ranger and Hines for sale, but never get any bids, not even from externals.

Yeah but Moses and Wickham aren't your traditional towering target man though. I don't rate Carroll very much either way so if you can get a decent bid I would sell.

Best bid i'd get from external for Carroll would be nothing over 4.2M unless he rises next season from getting regular football in the Premiership.

anyone see how good the german team are so far.......amazing

anyway anyone know weather to sell or keep the following now

samba sow - 84

ludovic sane - 85

leonel galeano- 85

diago contento - 82

daniel carricco - 88

miroslav stoch - 87

nemanja matic - 83

anyone see how good the german team are so far.......amazing

anyway anyone know weather to sell or keep the following now

samba sow - 84

ludovic sane - 85

leonel galeano- 85

diago contento - 82

daniel carricco - 88

miroslav stoch - 87

nemanja matic - 83

It's worth keeping Samba Sow, Sane, Galeano, Carricco, Stock and Contento, and then selling Matic as he isn't really anything special and rarely gets into the Chelsea side unless its for cup games and even then he's usually on the bench.

Does anyone reckon Shevchenko will drop again when they review the Ukrainian league? I have a bid accepted for him but if he drops to 88 then he will be useless to me. Views?

I dont see that happening he's played most of dynamo kievs games and scored a fair few, so in my opinion he's safe :)

Going back to my conversation with Caleb before, would anyone agree its a good idea to swap Andrew Carroll and Nile Ranger for Karim Ait-Fana? I've got a high number of CF's and i want to get rid of the ones i don't use, and sign either a midfielder or a forward who can play in different formations when i play them. Karim Ait-Fana is said to be similar to Karim Benzema apparently, which makes me think could he reach the highs of 90+? Montpellier have also qualified for the europa league i think.

I do have enough money to just place an offer, but saving it up to sign Yoann Gourcuff. So at the moment player exchanges could be the key with no external offers on the two players ill be giving for Ait-Fana for weeks now.

Going back to my conversation with Caleb before' date=' would anyone agree its a good idea to swap Andrew Carroll and Nile Ranger for Karim Ait-Fana? I've got a high number of CF's and i want to get rid of the ones i don't use, and sign either a midfielder or a forward who can play in different formations when i play them. Karim Ait-Fana is said to be similar to Karim Benzema apparently, which makes me think could he reach the highs of 90+? Montpellier have also qualified for the europa league i think.

I do have enough money to just place an offer, but saving it up to sign Yoann Gourcuff. So at the moment player exchanges could be the key with no external offers on the two players ill be giving for Ait-Fana for weeks now.[/quote']

Montpellier finished 5th. This pages shows that they've qualified for the Europa league.

Ait-Fana has been one of their better players and the rise to 87 reflected this.

On the other hand Carroll and Ranger have a fresh season of Premiership football ahead of them where you'd expect Carroll to be starting for the first XI.

Depends if you're trying to trim your squad down, swapping one for the two.

Also the flexibility issue that you mention.

Which of these is the most important to you?

Montpellier finished 5th. This pages shows that they've qualified for the Europa league.

Ait-Fana has been one of their better players and the rise to 87 reflected this.

On the other hand Carroll and Ranger have a fresh season of Premiership football ahead of them where you'd expect Carroll to be starting for the first XI.

Depends if you're trying to trim your squad down' date=' swapping one for the two.

Also the flexibility issue that you mention.

Which of these is the most important to you?[/quote']

• Trimming down my squad, as well as my wages which is difficult cause most the players i have in my youth we're brought before there most recent rise, and i keep seeing players i want
  • and then flexibility as i have numerous centre forwards ahead of Carroll and Ranger but lack in forwards.

Going back to my conversation with Caleb before' date=' would anyone agree its a good idea to swap Andrew Carroll and Nile Ranger for Karim Ait-Fana? I've got a high number of CF's and i want to get rid of the ones i don't use, and sign either a midfielder or a forward who can play in different formations when i play them. Karim Ait-Fana is said to be similar to Karim Benzema apparently, which makes me think could he reach the highs of 90+? Montpellier have also qualified for the europa league i think.

I do have enough money to just place an offer, but saving it up to sign Yoann Gourcuff. So at the moment player exchanges could be the key with no external offers on the two players ill be giving for Ait-Fana for weeks now.[/quote']

Yes. Ait-Fana is a very promising player and has been one of the surprise revelations this season. Playing in Europe next season should earn him a rise to 88, slim chance of 89 depending on how well MHSC do next season.

Nile Ranger is quite a decent lad too, but Ait-Fana will be a better buy for now SM terms.

• Trimming down my squad' date=' as well as my wages which is difficult cause most the players i have in my youth we're brought before there most recent rise, and i keep seeing players i want
    [*'] and then flexibility as i have numerous centre forwards ahead of Carroll and Ranger but lack in forwards.

Sounds like you should do that deal then :-)

Hi guys!!! Can u help me? An external club offering me 17mil for Riccardo MONTOLIVO and i dont know whether to accept or not. He is the third best mid for my team so i want to know whether he will rise or fall... can u help me?

Thanks in advance!!!:):):)

Hi guys!!! Can u help me? An external club offering me 17mil for Riccardo MONTOLIVO and i dont know whether to accept or not. He is the third best mid for my team so i want to know whether he will rise or fall... can u help me?

Thanks in advance!!!:):):)

He won't rise nor would he drop. If you could get a better midfielder with that money, the accept, if not then reject. :)

Insua (88)' date=' Coentrao (87) (PORTUGEASE STARTER)

[b']Will Flamini (91) keep his rating, need a very quick reply.[/b]

I don't think so......should drop to 90 but still a good future prospect.

But you don't need advice you are a magician in the transfer market. Right.

Players bought as 10k risers who have not risen.

Should I keep or dump?

thanks

Nenad Panic CF 26/70

Kresimir Prgomet Fwd 23/70

Dalibor Pandza CF 19/70

Wilson Cuero Fwd 18/70

Sasa Markovic AM/Fwd 19/70

Marko Milosavljevic AM 19/70

Pedro Franco CM 19/70

Omar Vasquez CM 20/70

Galin Bogdanov CB/DM 20/70

Filip Knezevic LB/LM 18/70