Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a post designed to help anyone who may experience difficulty choosing who to buy, particularly on a low balance, when it is correct to sell a player in P/E or straight cash or a combination, o

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep? He's a great prospect.

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

Hey I received an offer, Ashley Cole for Capdevilla+Marcelo+20M. I will get ashley cole. I have cissokho and 200M cash and in need of a high rated left back. Is the deal worth it and can anyone tell me how ashley cole rating will fare in the future ?:D thanks!

Hey I received an offer' date=' Ashley Cole for Capdevilla+Marcelo+20M. I will get ashley cole. I have cissokho and 200M cash and in need of a high rated left back. Is the deal worth it and can anyone tell me how ashley cole rating will fare in the future ?:D thanks![/quote']

Fair deal for you. Cole one of the best LB get him. but dont give to much cash maybe 10mil or get marcelo away from the deal if you can

No brainer - Marcelo :)

is it really a no brainer?!?! Im surprised to hear that :eek: I would call it a tough decision in my opinian

Marcelo my be made to fight for his place in Madrid with Arbealoa / Ramos ( even duo he can be used as a CB ) can play in his position so...

while Cissokho is a regular at Lyon ;)

It is my opinian anyway :D

I would say Cissokho his position is more secure for club and country with such amazing players at Real' date=' Marcelo may be edged out of the starting team at any time.[/quote']

Other French left backs:

EVRA, Patrice

CLICHY, Gaël

ABIDAL, Éric

ESCUDE, Julien

TREMOULINAS, Benoît

Cissohko is good :) but has competition.

Other French left backs:

EVRA' date=' Patrice

CLICHY, Gaël

ABIDAL, Éric

ESCUDE, Julien

TREMOULINAS, Benoît

Cissohko is good :) but has competition.[/quote']

Other Brazilian Left Backs

Bastos

Kleber

David Luiz

Maxwell

Adriano

Mercelo is good :) but he also has strong competetion ;)

I got an offer of 18m for Bruno Alves from unmanaged Zenit.

The other CB in my team are vermaelen, agger, carragher,

lucio (16.5m) or thiago silva(15m) are the two good CB I can get from unmanaged clubs.

Should I accept the offer and if I do who should I buy or should I just keep alves.

The other CB in my team are vermaelen' date=' agger, carragher,

lucio (16.5m) or thiago silva(15m) are the two good CB I can get from unmanaged clubs.

Should I accept the offer and if I do who should I buy or should I just keep alves.[/quote']

you should do it and buy Lucio ;)

The other CB in my team are vermaelen' date=' agger, carragher,

Should I accept the offer and if I do who should I buy or should I just keep alves.[/quote']

I would personally accept the 18m and go for Lucio. Bruno Alves and T.Silva are both great players but it will take a couple of years or so until they reach Lucio's level which will be too long to wait on SM. So go for Lucio, he will hold on to his rating for some time ;)

you should do it and buy Lucio ;)
I would personally accept the 18m and go for Lucio. Bruno Alves and T.Silva are both great players but it will take a couple of years or so until they reach Lucio's level which will be too long to wait on SM. So go for Lucio' date=' he will hold on to his rating for some time ;)[/quote']

Thanks. would have repped but must spread

Should I sell Paul Konchesky to sign Miguel Veloso? Will Veloso keep or build on his rating? I would plan to use him as a starting central midfielder and if necessary a back-up left' date=' replacing Konchesky.[/quote']

NO!

Veloso is an 88 dressed as a 90, who should prove to be out of his depth at Genoa in a truely major league (I'm not knocking the Liga Sagres here, if any fans are reading!), and IMO he doesn't deserve to be rated 90 when there are much better players in Italy rated the same. He doesn't feature regularly for Portugal due to Coentrao and Pepe starting where he can operate, and IMO his next rating change will be a drop or no change.

Konchesky has just earned a platform to really launch himself up, he's been one of the Prem's most underappreciated Wingbacks and will hit the higher ratings at 'pool.

But if he's starting as your best midfielder go ahead, but I'd strongly recommend that you look elsewhere, the only positive for me with Veloso is that his unusual position on the Database makes him pretty versatile. IMO stay clear...

EDIT: He'll most likely lose his LB position as he's very unlikely to displace Criscito, and then you'll be left with no quality in that area!

Should I sell Paul Konchesky to sign Miguel Veloso? Will Veloso keep or build on his rating? I would plan to use him as a starting central midfielder and if necessary a back-up left' date=' replacing Konchesky.[/quote']

Konchesky has just joined Liverpool which means that he could rise this year with some good apps. However, Veloso is slightly better IMO and plays for Portugal so I would prefer him. He may not rise beyond 91 while at Genoa but if he plays well he could very well move on to a bigger team. Also, he is versatile so u wont really miss Konchesky. Go for it ;)

I would, if it's just Konchesky and cash you would be giving.

Veloso will move to Inter next season as a part of his deal at Genoa, and I can't see him doing to badly there. I'm sure he will be a part of Genoa's brand new first team this year and will maintain his rating and gain some more experience. He could be a tidy player if he wasn't so big-headed.

Konchesky is a good player, but he is cracking on now and has a low chance of getting into the international team. He should do well at Liverpool, and when they start to gain some form he could be a good part of their squad. :)