Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

Clichy is starting to look more and more like himself. He won't be dropping and I'm sure he'll rise within the next 2 years

Sure you aren't talking about the fellow on the right who's rediscovering the form he had when he just joined us?

'Cos Clichy sure as duck isn't the player he used to be, and hasn't impressed me this season. 91 rated player at a push.

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a post designed to help anyone who may experience difficulty choosing who to buy, particularly on a low balance, when it is correct to sell a player in P/E or straight cash or a combination, o

Re: Players: Should I buy, sell or keep? He's a great prospect.

He's impressing me again this season. I'm sure he'll become the player he once was.

I last rated Clichy 'at 93' during the latter stages of 06/07, I'd happily see him go for the right fee if we could get an excellent replacement.

£15-£17m -> Clichy

£15m-£20m <- Cissokho

That'd be lovely. A LB who can cross I mean, the above deal is just a wet dream... :o

Just joined an old dying game world as Newcastle, have a budget of £325m

There's only 2 other managers in it

I have a terrible squad so in need of a revamp

Only good players taken are Ronaldo,Ramos,Rooney and Lahm

The rest are at externals

Who do i buy?

I don't want suggestions of Messi etc.

I need suggestions of who is reasonably high and will rise further

Thanks

Internazionale have made a counter offer to Milan to exchange Souza ROBINHO and Andrea PIRLO for Samuel ETO'O

VfL Wolfsburg have made an offer to Milan for Souza ROBINHO of £40,000,000

So, is Robinho worth to keep? And what about this two deals? I'm unlikely to accept first as i have Villa and Ibra plus Di Natale in front of attack, and this deal could really affect on depth in mid.

Just joined an old dying game world as Newcastle' date=' have a budget of £325m

There's only 2 other managers in it

I have a terrible squad so in need of a revamp

Only good players taken are Ronaldo,Ramos,Rooney and Lahm

The rest are at externals

Who do i buy?

I don't want suggestions of Messi etc.

I need suggestions of who is reasonably high and will rise further

Thanks

[/center']

Just in advance, italics are 'maybes', hope this list helps a bit, you can build a class team with that budget. As you will see, there are a few 88s who should rise to 89, but won't hit 90, but hopefully by the end of the season they will have! Hope this is useful to a few people. ;)

90+ Rated Risers:

GK:

Stekelenburg

Def:

Pique, Thiago Silva, Vermaelen, Ivanovic, Alex, Marcelo

Mid:

Alonso, Nasri, VdV, Malouda, Scholes, Ozil, Busquets, Song, Khedira, Pedro, Nani, Hernanes, Di Maria, Ramires

Fwd:

Higuain, Tevez, Dzeko (Very, very unliekly, but I wouldn't rule it out when he's the star of his club and country and Gomez has held his 93 so long, doubt it'll happen), Nilmar, Cavani, Suarez, Chamakh

Players who should hit 90:

GK:

Hart, Marchetti

Def:

Hummels, Subotic, Van der Wiel, M'Bia, Assou Ekotto, Taiwo, Pereira, Bonucci, Badstuber, Kolarov, Coentrao

Mid:

Bale, Hazard, Kroos, Honda, Sanchez, Walcott, Perotti, Pastore, Elia, Reyes, Banega, Sahin, Diaby, Dzudzsak, Blaczxzyxyz (Spelling, Dortmund :D also very unliekly, but hopefully by the end of the season)

Fwd:

Aduriz, Muller, Barrios, Neymar, Reyes, Remy, Bendtner (depending on how far away the changes are, and form), Hulk, El Hamdaoui, Soldado, Gervinho, Toivonen

Just in advance' date=' italics are 'maybes', hope this list helps a bit, you can build a class team with that budget. As you will see, there are a few 88s who should rise to 89, but won't hit 90, but hopefully by the end of the season they will have! Hope this is useful to a few people. ;)

[center']90+ Rated Risers:

GK:

Stekelenburg

Def:

Pique, Thiago Silva, Vermaelen, Ivanovic, Alex, Marcelo

Mid:

Alonso, Nasri, VdV, Malouda, Scholes, Ozil, Busquets, Song, Khedira, Pedro, Nani, Hernanes, Di Maria, Ramires

Fwd:

Higuain, Tevez, Dzeko (Very, very unliekly, but I wouldn't rule it out when he's the star of his club and country and Gomez has held his 93 so long, doubt it'll happen), Nilmar, Cavani, Suarez, Chamakh[/center]

Players who should hit 90:

GK:

Hart, Marchetti

Def:

Hummels, Subotic, Van der Wiel, M'Bia, Assou Ekotto, Taiwo, Pereira, Bonucci, Badstuber, Kolarov, Coentrao

Mid:

Bale, Hazard, Kroos, Honda, Sanchez, Walcott, Perotti, Pastore, Elia, Reyes, Banega, Sahin, Diaby, Dzudzsak, Blaczxzyxyz (Spelling, Dortmund :D also very unliekly, but hopefully by the end of the season)

Fwd:

Aduriz, Muller, Barrios, Neymar, Reyes, Remy, Bendtner (depending on how far away the changes are, and form), Hulk, El Hamdaoui, Soldado, Gervinho, Toivonen

Big Help, thanks a bunch! Wish i had more rep to give.

Big Help' date=' thanks a bunch! Wish i had more rep to give.[/b']

No worries, I'm in the process of making another risers thread, but it'll be a few days before it's up, this was a recollection of some of the ones that stick in the mind. ;)

Plenty of 'em out there, you just have to look in the right places. :D

Really big ask.

Would someone be able to provide me with a rough rating prediction of the entire Dortmund team

Would do it myself but have not got the time

I will give whoever does this my soul' date=' and rep.

[/center']

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=72530&highlight=bundesliga

This is a link to Phil's thread, just scroll over to the first page and u will see what u want ;)

Should I buy £38m valued Aguero? Is there a chance for him to drop? Because IMO Suarez is a better striker than him atm.

Deff a chance of dropping' date=' be lucky to keep his 94 rating seeing as he didnt really play in World Cup, and are a few 93 players better than him, a drop to 93 i would say[/center']

Should I buy £38m valued Aguero? Is there a chance for him to drop? Because IMO Suarez is a better striker than him atm.

I wouldnt go for him. He has barely played at a 94 level over the last couple of years but SM seem to be reluctant to drop him. I reckon he should drop though if he doesnt impress.

Therefore, I wouldnt buy him because if he drops, his value will fall...If Suarez is available at CV, I would prefer him instead ;)

Thank you everyone for your opinions' date=' I have decided not to buy him. Hasn't been scoring as well as he used to lately and lost his place to Higgy in the Argentina squad so its definitely risky :)[/quote']

Even if he does drop he's still a 22 year old 93 :confused:

Probably right he does deserve to be a 93 but still has plenty of time to grow and like I said he's awesome on this game.

Even if he does drop he's still a 22 year old 93 :confused:

Probably right he does deserve to be a 93 but still has plenty of time to grow and like I said he's awesome on this game.

Yes I know, but that £38m will be wasted. I'd rather get him when he's dropped because it is now a pretty dead setup and has been locked for months :D

Yes I know' date=' but that £38m will be wasted. I'd rather get him when he's dropped because it is now a pretty dead setup and has been locked for months :D[/quote']

:D

Fair enough, but his goals and assist are phenomenal so if your struggling up top at any time, then bring him in.