Rating: 69

Last Rating Change: 0

Form: -----

Morale: Very Good

Lyon's Chairman Value: £20,000

SM Value: £39,000

Contract: 5 Years - £1,340 per Turn

Condition: 100%

Niklas Barkroth is definitely the next big thing in Swedish football. He's a playmaker who made his Swedish league debut in Septemeber at the tender age of 15, thus becoming the youngest ever player in the Swedish top-flight. Here's what Wikipedia has to say about him:

Niklas Bärkroth (born 19 January 1992 in Gothenburg) is a Swedish football striker. He joined IFK Göteborg in 2007 after having played for the local team Balltorps FF.

He became the youngest person ever to play in the highest Swedish football league, Allsvenskan, being 15 years, seven months and seven days old when he started in IFK Göteborg's match against IF Brommapojkarna on 2 September 2007. The record was previously held by Peter Dahlqvist who was 15 years, nine months and five days when he made his debut for Örgryte IS in 1971 against IFK Norrköping, these are the only two 15 year old ever to play in the Allsvenskan history.

He's already scored once for the Swedish U-15 national team in two appearances. He is still a pretty much low-profile talent, even the SM community doesn't seem to have noticed him much. But any 15 year old should be worth a buy IMO, and Barkroth's available for just 30k.

Post your opinions and any extra info you know about him here, and also mention whether you think he's a good find. :)

• 7 months later...

Re: Niklas BARKROTH

I find myself eating my words.

He finally got a game in today' date=' a CL qualifier against Murata. They won 4-0.

The 15 year old scored twice...:o[/quote']

He's 16, not 15. Great prospect though. With him, Eriksson, Johansson and Soder, IFK have some quality youngsters.

I find myself eating my words.

He finally got a game in today' date=' a CL qualifier against Murata. They won 4-0.

The 15 year old scored twice...:o[/quote']

Wow mate, thanx for the update. Sounds like he's really progressing as a player, to score twice in an European match is no mean feat. I wonder if anyone knows how regularly he's playing in the Swedish league? :confused:

Well, I just did some research and according to the Guardian website, Barkroth hasn't even made an appearance in the Swedish league this season with 15 games played! That's a shame really, but hopefully he'll get more chances to impress after this performance.

Well' date=' I just did some research and according to the Guardian website, Barkroth hasn't even made an appearance in the Swedish league this season with 15 games played! That's a shame really, but hopefully he'll get more chances to impress after this performance.[/quote']

He's more one for the future than an immediate money maker. This season he's only played once in the Swedish cup and then last night in the 2nd leg when they were already 5-0 up from the 1st leg.

• 10 months later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

Boys, news we all have been waiting for: Nicklas had 5 subs already and last week he subbed in at halftime with a 0-0 score.

IFK went on to win 4-0 with 2 goals and a superb assist from Nicklas.

It was also the last game for Pontus Wernbloom for IFK, because he's bought by AZ Alkmaar.

It very looks like the spot of Wernbloom will belong to Nicklas and I suspect him to get starts now.

IMO, he owns Soder every day of the week.