Need some advice for my Aston Villa

I am playing aston villa in ENG CHAMP 619... 2 matches had gone and i had 1 draw and 1 lost... i need some advice pls :)

here is my players :

G Igor AKINFEEV 21/91

RB/LB Christian PANUCCI 34/91

RB Marcos CAFU 37/90 (injured) :(

CB Roberto AYALA 34/94

D/DM Javier ZANNETI 34/94

D Miguel TORRES 21/88

LM/CM Ze ROBERTO 33/92

CM/AM Simone PERROTTA 30/93

CM/LM Gareth BARRY 26/90

CM/DM Niko KOVAC 36/90

LM/CM Philip COCU 37/90

W/F Ashley YOUNG 22/88 (injured) :(

F/W Gabriel AGBONLAHOR 21/88

F Roy MAKAAY 32/92

CF Filipo INZHAGI 34/92

my youth squad :

G Sascha STUDER 15/69

RB Atsuto UCHIDA 19/85

CB/RB Vinicius Borges BRENO 18/86

D Julio César DOMÍNGUEZ 20/87

RM Sotiris NINIS 17/82

CM Sahin NURI 19/87

AM/W Nicolas MILLAN 16/74

W/F Pablo PIATTI 18/86

F Karenderiz BATUHAN 16/80

F Stefan JOVETIC 18/85

Last formation : 4-4-2

i believe i had a good team and i want to win with this team :) pls help me

thx

Re: Need some advice for my Aston Villa

Well it really depends on what your opponents are playing, but since I have no idea who your next opponent is and what his/her/it's formation is, I'd recommend you to play 3-5-2.

Akinfeev

Panucci - Ayala - Zanneti

Kovac

Ze Roberto - Perrota - Barry - Cocu

Makaay - Inzaghi

Use "Down Both Flanks" for 4 attackers on the attack when the side mids run down the pitch, your def mid and centre mids would deal with any counter attacks.

Use Counter Attack, because 3-5-2 is considered "defensive"

You could consider using Perrota as playmaker, since hes pretty good.

Except for that, your team looks pretty sexy, gangster, and... a bit too old in my opinion, but that's off topic.

Hope victory parachutes on your head.

Peace Outside Bro

It's a good team, for an Aston Villa (not as good as mine though :P)

Try to add more quality to the side in terms of getting players who are around Barry's age. Players who could be looking at increases, I'm thinking Rolfes, Witsel, Jermaine and Kenwyne Jones, Boateng and the lot; just look at the player ratings area and you can get a few ideas.

You clearly need more cover for some positions (D in particular :P)

4-4-2 should work fine I think. :) Just give it time.

Well it really depends on what your opponents are playing' date=' but since I have no idea who your next opponent is and what his/her/it's formation is, I'd recommend you to play 3-5-2.

Akinfeev

Panucci - Ayala - Zanneti

Kovac

Ze Roberto - Perrota - Barry - Cocu

Makaay - Inzaghi

Use "Down Both Flanks" for 4 attackers on the attack when the side mids run down the pitch, your def mid and centre mids would deal with any counter attacks.

Use Counter Attack, because 3-5-2 is considered "defensive"

You could consider using Perrota as playmaker, since hes pretty good.

Except for that, your team looks pretty sexy, gangster, and... a bit too old in my opinion, but that's off topic.

Hope victory parachutes on your head.

Peace Outside Bro[/quote']

What is the mentality and pressure i need to set?

Defensive? Normal? Attacking?

All ? Own? Half?

and wat bout the tempo?

fast? slow ? normal?

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing aston villa in ENG CHAMP 619... 2 matches had gone and i had 1 draw and 1 lost... i need some advice pls :)

here is my players :

G Igor AKINFEEV 21/91

RB/LB Christian PANUCCI 34/91

RB Marcos CAFU 37/90 (injured) :(

CB Roberto AYALA 34/94

D/DM Javier ZANNETI 34/94

D Miguel TORRES 21/88

LM/CM Ze ROBERTO 33/92

CM/AM Simone PERROTTA 30/93

CM/LM Gareth BARRY 26/90

CM/DM Niko KOVAC 36/90

LM/CM Philip COCU 37/90

W/F Ashley YOUNG 22/88 (injured) :(

F/W Gabriel AGBONLAHOR 21/88

F Roy MAKAAY 32/92

CF Filipo INZHAGI 34/92

my youth squad :

G Sascha STUDER 15/69

RB Atsuto UCHIDA 19/85

CB/RB Vinicius Borges BRENO 18/86

D Julio César DOMÍNGUEZ 20/87

RM Sotiris NINIS 17/82

CM Sahin NURI 19/87

AM/W Nicolas MILLAN 16/74

W/F Pablo PIATTI 18/86

F Karenderiz BATUHAN 16/80

F Stefan JOVETIC 18/85

Last formation : 4-4-2

i believe i had a good team and i want to win with this team :) pls help me

thx

Hi im here to help with you to win

Formation Play - 4-4-1-1

Tackling - Hard

Mentality - Normal

Passing - Direct

Attacking - Mixed

Tempo - Fast

Pressing - own half

use the AM as a playmaker

I use to all my teams and we do well in league please try for a game or

to i hope i have helped you to win

Sorry matey, was on holidays for a few days, so I forgot to check this post.

To finish off the specifics of the 3-5-2 I recommended to you, try:

Hard (yes you might get a few yellow cards, but hey, more ball possesion)

Attacking (you should always attack if you have the opportunity)

Mixed Passing (confuse your opposition a bit)

Down Both Flanks (since you have two strikers, the wingers running down the pitch would combine to make 4 strikers on attack, providing extra firepower. The triangle in the centre midfield helps stop traffic and intercept passes, or if they can do 1-2-1 passes, create chances themselves)

Normal Tempo (no reason to be too slow or too fast, right?)

Pressing All Over (with traffic clogged up in the center middle of the pitch and your defensive half, you want to pressurise your opposition and win the ball whenever you lose it)

Counter-Attack (3-5-2 in theory is a defensive formation, therefore its a great "counter-attacking" formation)

Men Behind Ball (don't want to have your GK 1 on 1 the whole time)

Playmaker (since you got quality with your midfielders, use your best rated midfielder as playmaker, I'd prefer the DM since hes the holding midfielder which controls the pace of the game, but your AM seems to be stronger)

Except for all that, I'd really suggest you get quick to buy new "blood", Cocu just decreased in rating to 87 (I have him cause my first club was PSV, which was two seasons ago) and Makaay decreased to 91 (have him for Real Madrid). The more you hang on to your old men, the more they will decay in your hands.

I still do not have a great idea of what division you play, what your opponents are, and what formation your opponents play. If your opponent is unmanaged, 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 are effective formations. I could give you some specific tactics with a 4-1-4-1 which would usually at least earn you a draw (actually almost always draws :( ) against any opposition, good if your trying to grab a point off barca or some good club.

If you have more questions, keep posting them, please do give us a better idea to visualise your situation, and I am sorry to hear that you have a pretty poor form at the moment, but don't worry man, everyone goes through those, you'll end up winning sooner or later :D

Peace Outside Brother

I am buying Ivan Rakitic now becoz Young is injured and now PERROTA is injured... oh dear... injury plague....

after the 1st season, i am gonna sell cocu, maakay, cafu....

i planning to get new blood like :

samir nasri

sergio augrero

jesus navas

if i have the money to do so...

• 2 weeks later...

guys... i am going crazy...

i tried 352, 4411 to counter the 442 formations... it wont work...

16 match now all i get is 2 win 2 draw 12 lose...

i managed to control the ball possession but my striker couldnt score... i on my target man and it still wont score...

in my mind now i am #$#@!#$#!#!@#!@ :mad:

If your lacking firepower, which I find astonishing, and have no problems with conceding goals, try the 3-4-1-2 formation.

Opposite to the 3-5-2 formation, the DM behind the 4 man midfield is converted into an AM ahead of the 4 man midfield, thus providing extra firepower to your strikers.

Just remember to put target man on the "1" of the formation, as this player will be in charge of shooting or distributing the ball to your strikers.

You should play mixed for both passing and playing style, as you don't need the extra firepower from your wingers rushing down the field, as it might as well expose a huge loophole for your enemy to use to attack on the wings if you fail to score.

Use men behind ball, but if you want to play extremely attacking football, scrap that and play offside instead, but use offside at your risk as your goalkeeper might be exposed to 1-1 situations a lot. Don't use tight marking as it would rip apart your 3 man defence, counter-attack is optional.

As far as I'm concerned, if the 3-4-1-2 and 3-5-2 does not win you a 80% winning rate against 4-4-2 formations then I'm really not sure what on Earth is wrong with your team.

thx for the advice firezen... tmrw i wil have a cup match against Leceister City...

can u give me some advice?

this is my cup opponent Leceister City last match report :

formation 442

Tackling Style: Hard

Mentality: Attacking

Passing Style: Mixed

Attacking Style: Down Both Flanks

Tempo: Fast

Pressing: All Over

Counter-Attack: Yes

Men Behind Ball: Yes

Tight Marking: Yes

Play Offside: No

Use Play Maker: Yes

Use Target Man: Yes

1 G German J. LEHMANN 92

2 CB/RB Italian F. GALANTE 87

3 LM/LB Brazilian A. CESAR 88

4 CB German C. WORNS 88

5 CB French V. HOGNON 89

6 CM/DM Portugese J. COSTINHA 89

7 RB/RM Iranian H. KAEBI 86

8 CM/DM Bulgarian R. KISHISHEV 86

9 F French M. PAGIS 88

10 F Dutch M. RIGTERS 85

11 LB/LM German M. TARNAT 88

S1 F Ghanaian E. HAMMOND 80

S2 CB/RB Northern Irish G. MCAULEY 82

S3 G Danish J. NIELSEN 82

S4 RM Portugese J. MARCO FERREIRA 83

S5 F/W Canadian I. HUME 83

and they r in top form now in 16 matches with no lose only win and draw....

they had already sunk Bolton in previous cup match...

Your opponent's weakness lies on his strikers, therefore he is trying to play down both flanks to outrun you in a long term, so here's my recommendation assuming that he fields the same people with the same tactics:

1. Use the 3-4-1-2 formation, as 3 defenders seems to be enough to handle his two rather "weak" strikers. If my guess is right, he will field the same players, and I find it rather surprising that he uses his LM for LB and his LB for LM, but just in case he realises this mistake and changes them over, your right flank will be exposed more pressure than your left flank, so you should play Zanneti on your right, Ayala on the centre and Panucci on the left, so you can both deal with the strikers and have a stronger defender who can deal with the left wing runs.

2. He is pressing all over, so I would advise playing short passes, as anything other than short passes would be easily intercepted and converted into a counter attack.

3. I assume Ashley is available from his injury, so throw him at right wing, with Roberto playing the right wing, Barry and Kovac playing in the middle of the park and Perrota as the "1" in the 3-4-1-2 formation. Use playmaker on Perrota, as he would be the "only" man unmarked due to his position (notice that no one in the 4-4-2 formation actually is in the way of Perrota), so he can help you create chances of scoring by solo effort or feeding balls to Inzhagi or Makaay.

4. I would recommend a fast tempo, since if his players press your players all over, once you break the trap and fast break, he's pretty much screwed, as you would catch his men stuck at your half while your whole midfield and attack would be dealing with 4 poor fellows. This would also be an advantage to you since he does not play offside, which means you won't have to worry running into the trap of "death" once your break away from the tight marking all over the pitch.

5. Use men behind ball because your defence would mainly be bombarded by attacks from the middle and the sides, so you want to stay between the ball and the goal while not tearing apart due to tight marking. Only press at your own area as pressing at your own half might provide loopholes for your opponent to utilise on while your midfielders are still running back to defend.

All the above suggestions are my opinions and I hope those help you. If it doesn't, then I really don't know how to help you O_o

Hi, i won the cup match 2-1 beated Leceister CIty... thx for the advice...

but i have a bigger and badder opponent at nxt cup match... CHELSEA

need some advice too...

here is the last formation :

1 G Czech P. CECH 96

2 CB Italian F. CANNAVARO 96 (RB)

3 LB English A. COLE 93

4 CB English J. TERRY 97

5 CB Italian A. NESTA 96

6 DM French C. MAKELELE 93

7 CM Ghanaian M. ESSIEN 95 (RM)

8 CM/AM English F. LAMPARD 96

9 CF Ivorian D. DROGBA 96

10 CF Italian L. TONI 94

11 LM/W French F. MALOUDA 92

S1 CM/AM German M. BALLACK 93

S2 F Ivorian S. KALOU 91

S3 CB Brazilian R. ALEX 92

S4 CB Portugese A. RICARDO CARVALHO 94

S5 F Ukrainian A. SHEVCHENKO 93

Team Style

Tackling Style: Normal

Mentality: Attacking

Passing Style: Mixed

Attacking Style: Down Both Flanks

Tempo: Normal

Pressing: Own Half

Counter-Attack: Yes

Men Behind Ball: No

Tight Marking: Yes

Play Offside: Yes

Use Play Maker: No

Use Target Man: Yes

Captain: F. LAMPARD

Penalty Taker: F. MALOUDA

Corner Taker: F. LAMPARD

Free Kicks: F. LAMPARD

Play Maker: F. LAMPARD

Target Man: D. DROGBA

my cup available players are :

G-akinfeev 91

D-ayala 94, zannetti 94, brueno 88, dominguez 87

M- ze roberto 92, barry 90, niko kovac 90, perrotta 93, nuri sahin 88,

ivan rakitic 88

F-inzahgi 92, maakay 91, agbonlahor 88, jovetic 85

I don't have much time right now, but I'll try my best to help analyse things for you and give you some advice.

It is pretty obvious that the mighty Blues are stronger than you in every field of the game, so what is there to do? Well I'd probably play a 5-3-2 sweeper formation if I were you. Your only chances are probably 1. Counter-Attacks and catch them surprised 2. Drag them to a draw until penalty shoot outs and pray you win the game.

For the supposedly 2 wing backs for the "5" in the formation, you could replace them with right or left mid fielders, as this formation relies on your wingers to run down the whole pitch to provide support for the midfield and possibly the attack. So it would be obvious to play a fast tempo. Try counter-attack on, tight mark the opposition and press all over the pitch. I think you can figure out the rest.

Good luck to you, and have some fun while you can.