EPL Rating Changes  

1. 1.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

English Premier League ratings I am creating this post so that people can post there suggestions and ask for help about player ratings changes in this post only no need to make new posts for every p

Re: English Premier League ratings I think sm are very wary of raising players that are injury prone unless they really have to. It avoids an embarrassing situation whereby they have to decrease a pl

Re: Top 4 Man U & Chelsea Overrated Pool & Gunners Underrated firstly, i think you were lucky that walcott kept his 89, he hasn't played in ages, i mite not have been fair to drop him but its

Re: English Premier League ratings

yeah thought as much :) ' date=' I saw them against Villa and they looked amazing best I have seen them in ages[/quote']

Yep exactly cole and bosingwa has been doing it all season, I love the way chelsea play their football atm and this is with Deco injured the tore Aston Villa apart!

I actually can't get over how some people think Ashley cole is rubbish!...

Watch England tonight and we'll see ;)

Hopefully Capello will use him how Scolari does apprently they are very good friends lol ;)

He deserves a 96 rating' date=' but he shouldn't have got it at the moment. It's like the Essien situation. He's in contention to drop because of his injury, but he fully deserves a 95.[/quote']

But you can say that but Essien is out for 6 months, Torres was out for 3 games, you can't say that :)

He deserves a 96 rating' date=' but he shouldn't have got it at the moment. It's like the Essien situation. He's in contention to drop because of his injury, but he fully deserves a 95.[/quote']

yeah but seems they have not been changed before the Euro's then lets base it since then...

Wins the Euro's with Spain, scoring a few goals inc a very good one to win them the final.

For LFC he was playing very well still, scored the winning goal Vs sunderland on the opening day and has not played bad in the next what 1-2 games? (boro and stoke I think)

Gets injured after 20mins away to Villa with a hamstring injury, misses 1 match because of this.

comes back, most pundits saying he will have to take it easy because of that type of injury, but instead he plays even better than he was, scores a bunch of goals and helps LFC stay unbeaten aswell as an 100% record int he CL.

so on that basis alone he deserves a +1 , let alone SM do still take into account the previous season.

yeah but seems they have not been changed before the Euro's then lets base it since then...

Wins the Euro's with Spain' date=' scoring a few goals inc a very good one to win them the final.

For LFC he was playing very well still, scored the winning goal Vs sunderland on the opening day and has not played bad in the next what 1-2 games?

Gets injured after 20mins away to Villa with a hamstring injury, misses 1 match because of this.

comes back, most pundits saying he will have to take it easy because of that type of injury, but instead he plays even better than he was, scores a bunch of goals and helps LFC stay unbeaten aswell as an 100% record int he CL.

so on that basis alone he deserves a +1 , let alone SM do still take into account the previous season.[/quote']

Yer I totally agree. Can we get off the Torres subject now, he has rose and thats final, now lets talk about something else.

Plus Louis and Messi stop arguing please :)

About the Torres saga:

1. There hasnt been a change since the Euros

2. As far as Im aware, the last rating changes happened when Torres was doing okay, nothing special, so he didnt deserve 96. He excelled during the closing half of last season, and that has been taken into account in this rating change.

About the Cole/Clichy/Evra and Bosingwa/Sagna saga:

I believe A. Cole is at his prime now. He played really well at Arsenal but when Mourinho bought him, he didnt play the same as he did. This was because Mourinho had a different style to Wenger. Think about it, we hear more about Clichy/Eboue/Sagna than we heard about Cole/Ferreira/Belletti under Jose. Scolari is more like Wenger, allowing his fullbacks to run forward and join the attack. So, Ashley Cole is on a par with Clichy, the distinctive factor probably being that Ash is England's No1, Clichy is not Les Bleus No1 (Hes only got one cap)

Judging on just this season, Evra didnt deserve a rise. We havent heard much from him and Man Utd had a bad-ish start to the campaign. But, the last time the ratings were reviewed was before the CL final, so because of that, most Man Utd players will be entitled to a rise.

Bosingwa I believe is better than Sagna, simply due to internationals, Bosingwa is No1 for Portugal, Sagna only has 5 caps. The two are similar as regards both defensive and attacking capabilities, Bosingwa probably edging it as he has scored a goal.

I'm not trying to impress anyone. When did i ever state i was trying to impress someone?

Well try manning up and stop replying with these repetitive and foolish digs and reply properly.

No' date=' i believe you have proved yourself a idiot if you believe Torres might of dropped to 94 if he didn't scored four goals.[/quote']

One goal in eight games might have justified that in SoccerManager's books, yes.

Stop trying to type like you know what you are talking about' date=' because it is clear to everyone on the forum that you haven't a clue what you are on about.[/quote']

If you think that just because e-people think I don't know what I'm speaking about will affect me, then you need to man up even more.

You say i am countering with stupid comments? What sort of comment is saying Torres might of decreased to 94:confused: :rolleyes: ' date='[/quote']

I repeat one goal in eight games is terrible for a 95 rated striker, to some it may have even hinted last season was a one off. SoccerManager have done far worse things than dropping Torres for scoring once in eight games.

we haven't seen a proper reply from you yet' date=' as you need to get your head sorted out,[/quote']

Haha.

how have i been caught out? You don't make any sense' date=' i haven't been caught out in anything. So like i have said many times on this thread, go see a doctor...:rolleyes: [/quote']

You've been caught out because you don't watch Torres play and you still debate his rating.

But you can say that but Essien is out for 6 months' date=' Torres was out for 3 games, you can't say that :)[/font']

In Torres' case it was form and a small injury, in Essien's case it's a long term injury. I used Essien as an example because he is worthy of a 95, but might drop because he has been out, something comparable to Torres because he was out of form.

Wins the Euro's with Spain' date=' scoring a few goals inc a very good one to win them the final.

For LFC he was playing very well still, scored the winning goal Vs sunderland on the opening day and has not played bad in the next what 1-2 games? (boro and stoke I think)

Gets injured after 20mins away to Villa with a hamstring injury, misses [b']1[/b] match because of this.

so on that basis alone he deserves a +1 , let alone SM do still take into account the previous season.

His absence this season and slight dip of form is the single reason I believe his increase to 96 should have been delayed.

Cole is a superb defender' date=' no way is Clichy or Evra better. In my eyes they are all fairly equal...

[/quote']

Cole is good, but nowhere near his best. Imo Clichy is better than Evra and Cole. Anyway Clichy is ahead of Evra in french NT now, something i don't like for fear he gets injury though. Though fairly equal could be a good argument too.

Ignorance? Because I think Kuyt should rise? You even agree with me... :rolleyes:

I agree he should rise' date=' but the fact you are saying Kuyt is ahead of RVP in euros is ignorance. thats all mate :)

Nonetheless Kuyt played, and played well... RVP is a better F but Kuyt has been on the wing for Liverpool and played well there as well... I don't see why he didn't rise... that's all I'm saying...

My point was Kuyt was never ahead of RVP in the euros, thats all. Never in the NT before, at least in MVB reign

Clichy and Sagna the best FB's in the league? Try and find a non-Arsenal fan who agrees with you and I might bother to make an argument... they are both very good but not the best in the league.

scroll up. alot of people agree Clichy and Sagna are the best FB in the league' date=' or at least most people in the BPL based on them being in the BPL team of the season last year.

And I know Domenech has no idea what he's doing, but it does affect ratings... and Abidal has been dropped for 2 games, but he has been ahead of him before... Clichy won't rise to 93 based on being called up for 2 games. He may be as good as Evra, but when it comes to ratings he has to be in the France team more frequently than current... so maybe next time if he holds his place...

fair enough, though based on league performance, clichy is certainly ahead of evra if not equal.

I do believe Torres and every other player have been judged on their performances since the last rating changes and not on how they have performed since the start of the season, thats why they have increased/decreased like they have....

And for the record, Torres' rating is justified by the way he ended last season and as I said, has performed since the last changes!

If every player was just rated on 8 games like you have said Messi then the whole rating system would be all over the place....

So, both of you stop going on with the same responses to each other, I would say, how about you agree to disagree....?

I think the changes have been god apart from maybe 3 or 4 so far....

i canot believe young is still 90' date=' gabby 89 and barry 91 still does anyone think these need to be reviewed[/quote']

That's a point. Agbonlahor should be 90 IMO, Young 91. Barry possibly 92.

Whereas SM aren't finished yet, as some clubs haven't been reviewed, Arsenal, Villa, Everton and Man United have all been reviewed, yet Bendtner, possibly Vela, the 3 Villa players you mentioned, Rodwell and Possebon all haven't had predicted rises yet.

His absence this season and slight dip of form is the single reason I believe his increase to 96 should have been delayed.

There wasnt really a dip in form mate :) , and his absence was only 1 game.

even if you say he wasnt playing well in the few games he never scored in (which he was) when you look at his record this season its still very good and if this is him outa form I look forward to seeing him in form again :P

my point was' date=' kuyt was never ahead of RVP in the dutch team.

thats all mate[/quote']

yeah I know but..

Kuyt was ahead of RVP in the euro's (which is what Seft said), I know it was because RVP was injured all season but that doesn't matter in terms of SM rating them.

Lets say Torres was injured during the Euro's and someone else was ahead of him, people couldnt say he shouldnt rise because hes only playing because Torres is inj.

There wasnt really a dip in form mate :) ' date=' and his absence was only 1 game.

even if you say he wasnt playing well in the few games he never scored in (which he was) when you look at his record this season its still very good and if this is him outa form I look forward to seeing him in form again :P[/quote']

I'm glad he's scoring, don't take me as a bitter fan that hates Liverpool because I am actually a Liverpool fan, just not a biased one. I'm not debating that he should have decreased because he only scored once in eight games, I just think it should have delayed his increase.