EPL Rating Changes  

1. 1.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

English Premier League ratings I am creating this post so that people can post there suggestions and ask for help about player ratings changes in this post only no need to make new posts for every p

Re: English Premier League ratings I think sm are very wary of raising players that are injury prone unless they really have to. It avoids an embarrassing situation whereby they have to decrease a pl

Re: Top 4 Man U & Chelsea Overrated Pool & Gunners Underrated firstly, i think you were lucky that walcott kept his 89, he hasn't played in ages, i mite not have been fair to drop him but its

Re: English Premier League ratings

I personally dont agree with Richard Dunnes change' date=' the same with Kevin Doyle but I'll get back to that one later.

[b']Dunne only missed a few games the season due to a suspension picked up last year.[/b] He scored one goal this year and is captain of a future top four and UEFA Cup participating side. He must have done something right as he made the front cover of some copies of FIFA 09!

Now, Kevin Doyle. He is in a rich vein of form, and I bet lots of managers bought him because of that. Now I know his old rating was from when Reading were in the top flight, but surely, just because a team go down, doesnt mean every player in that team should go down too. I mean, look at Dave Kitson. He jumped ship and moved to Premier League Stoke, so therefore kept his 87. Kevin Doyle who was an 88 and is better than Kitson, dropped to 87 just because he plays in the Championship. If the two swapped clubs, Doyle would be banging them in for Stoke.

but City finished middle in the table last season... is fair for SM to drop him

Bit disapointed Seft that you think i'm that stupid to think that one moment of stupidity was enough to say his rating is wrong. I just thought it was ironic how one of the best LB's in the game who just got 93' date=' does a thing like that against opposition like that. I don't think Cole should be 93 because I think Clichy and Evra are better than him playing at club level.[/quote']

Spot on mate. I think Evra is one above Clichy and Cole but Clichy is better than Cole on current form over the past few years.

Ridiculous that Bosingwa who has just come to the league got a 93 after 7 games whereas Evra has been outstahding the whole time and only just got it.

i think that Osman an Pienaar deserve a rise

i suspect there will be some more Everton rating changes because Rodwell will rise.

Also' date=' James Vaughan should have a rise to 86/87[/quote']

everton have only got 13 points from 36 in the league since the last rating change (second week of april i think was the last ratings change) plus first round exits from the UEFA and Carling Cup, which may be why players fell/didn't rise due to everton averaging just over a point a game.

also, pienaar has missed a few games this season which is why he probably stayed @ 89, buti do agree that both him and osman should be 90's

re: vaughan - does he play regularly, or are his injuries still limiting his appearances? for me he's a sell/part-ex - not sure if he'll ever become a good (i.e. 90+) player if his injury problems are not sorted out soon

Spot on mate. I think Evra is one above Clichy and Cole but Clichy is better than Cole on current form over the past few years.

Ridiculous that Bosingwa who has just come to the league got a 93 after 7 games whereas Evra has been outstahding the whole time and only just got it.

I agree with this. Also Sagna has been fantastic RB, the best in the league last season. I find it hard how Bosingwa can be rated higher as Sagna has been in the league for well over a year. Both should be 92.

Gallas dropping to 93 was a bit harsh, considering he's captain of Arsenal, still first choice CB for France and he chips in with some crucial goals for the Gunners, usually when they are struggling to break the deadlock. Anyway, was a 50/50 call for me. :o

The Liverpool ratings are the ones that have upset me the most.

Kuyt is a fine player and I'm glad he had his position changed, although like Seft I think he should in fact be W/F but I saw the AM/F change coming as that is what SM had previously indicated they would do. Imho he deserves a rise to 92. He was one of Liverpool's best players towards the end of last season. Had a great Euro 08 with the Netherlands and has been one of the most influencial players for the Reds so far this season. I think SM have previously judged him on his goal scoring ratio, which is why he hasn't increased beyond 91 but when you watch enough games you realise his role isn't even 'support' striker (that tag belongs to Mr, Keane) but rather a wide AM/F role.

Arbeloa is the other underrated Liverpool player. He too had a positional change to RB/LB which is probably fair enough BUT stayed at 90. He is first choice for Rafa, has hardly missed a game all last season, let alone this year.

He made the Spanish squad who won Euro 08 (although he didn't play but Spain's NT has incredible depth). I think if Skrtel deserved his increase from 90>91 then Arbeloa should've also increased to 91.

I'll finish by saying that imho SM have ****** up again, much like the majority of the german ratings I think they have missed players or over/under rated others. It's disappointing that so many of the ratings have come up for discussion and been viewed as 'controversial' by many respected forumers.

I hope that Monday sees some justice return and that the players that deserve a change finally get done. :eek:

Herby

I agree with this. Also Sagna has been fantastic RB' date=' the best in the league last season. I find it hard how Bosingwa can be rated higher as Sagna has been in the league for well over a year. Both should be 92.[/quote']

Sagna comes from an average french club and he had a one good season with arsenal... few cap for France national team

while on another hand Bosingwa played for the top Portugal club for many season, played in Champion League, played regularly for the Portugal national team

is very reasonable why SM giving Bosingwa a rise to 93

I've not read this entire thread so not sure if the point has already been made' date=' but do those who disagree with Torres rising really believe he should be rated below Rooney?

Torres>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rooney (imo)[/quote']

Of all the SM changes, Torres going to 96 was the least surprising (and for me most justified). He is as good as Rooney and Drogba imho.

He is European champion with Spain and first choice striker for Liverpool who are joint top in EPL atm. Fair enough I say :D

Herby

Of all the SM changes' date=' Torres going to 96 was the least surprising (and for me most justified). He is as good as Rooney and Drogba imho.

He is European champion with Spain and first choice striker for Liverpool who are joint top in EPL atm. Fair enough I say :D

Herby[/quote']

agree, im not suprising at all

i just bought Torres not long ago coz i knew that he will get a rise soon :)

If Park for Man U can get an increase to 89 and Fletcher stays at 88 based on their current form or even carried over from the end of last season SM rating's will be nothing more than a big joke.

I know some teams have not been reviewed and I do expect another day of EPL ratings but if Fletcher cannot get at least 89 then the EPL reviewers need to be shot.

I also think David Wheater has done enough over 2 seasons to warranty an 89.

I think Clichy is better than Evra' date=' or at least the majority of the BPL thinks so since he is voted the best leftback.

Sagna comes from an average french club and he had a one good season with arsenal... few cap for France national team

while on another hand Bosingwa played for the top Portugal club for many season, played in Champion League, played regularly for the Portugal national team

is very reasonable why SM giving Bosingwa a rise to 93

Sagna is a player who since played in 2 leagues, 3 season. In the 2 seasons in french league with Auxerre, he has been voted the best right back by a mile.

He moved to arsenal, didn't even need adaptation time and was already fantastic. He is in the french squad since last year, but gets injury. Now since Sagnol is gone, he is the first choice rightback with Clerc behind. And he is voted the best rightback in BPL.

Just gave you a bit of info, I rate Bosingwa as well, maybe both should be 93 or both should be 92.

Anyway, Gallas should be dropped to 93. He is nowhere near as good, and is at fault for almost every single goal Arsenal conceded this season.

I think Clichy is better than Evra' date=' or at least the majority of the BPL thinks so since he is voted the best leftback.

Sagna is a player who since played in 2 leagues, 3 season. In the 2 seasons in french league with Auxerre, he has been voted the best right back by a mile.

He moved to arsenal, didn't even need adaptation time and was already fantastic. He is in the french squad since last year, but gets injury. Now since Sagnol is gone, he is the first choice rightback with Clerc behind. And he is voted the best rightback in BPL.

Just gave you a bit of info, I rate Bosingwa as well, maybe both should be 93 or both should be 92.

Anyway, Gallas should be dropped to 93. He is nowhere near as good, and is at fault for almost every single goal Arsenal conceded this season.[/quote']

Clichy was voted the best left back for the first half of last season, by his fellow professionals. Evra is the best in the premier league and probably the world at this present time.

Only just occured to me - Ryan Babel deserves a 90 surely? Not a regular starter for Liverpool but plays well when he gets on (and he should play more).He did well for Ajax for a few years before he came to England aswell, and has 26 Holland caps.....so why still 89?

Are players like Affelay & Barnetta more deserving of their 90s? I'd put them all at the same level...

Only just occured to me - Ryan Babel deserves a 90 surely? Not a regular starter for Liverpool but plays well when he gets on (and he should play more).He did well for Ajax for a few years before he came to England aswell' date=' and has 26 Holland caps.....so why still 89?

Are players like Affelay & Barnetta more deserving of their 90s? I'd put them all at the same level...[/quote']

Babel is not a regular starter for Liverpool...

Clichy was voted the best left back for the first half of last season' date=' by his fellow professionals. Evra is the best in the premier league and probably the world at this present time.[/quote']

first half of last season? where did you get that fact?

so by your logic i think zaki will be in the dream team this season.

anyway, agree babel should get 90