EPL Rating Changes  

1. 1.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

English Premier League ratings I am creating this post so that people can post there suggestions and ask for help about player ratings changes in this post only no need to make new posts for every p

Re: English Premier League ratings I think sm are very wary of raising players that are injury prone unless they really have to. It avoids an embarrassing situation whereby they have to decrease a pl

Re: Top 4 Man U & Chelsea Overrated Pool & Gunners Underrated firstly, i think you were lucky that walcott kept his 89, he hasn't played in ages, i mite not have been fair to drop him but its

Re: English Premier League ratings

Torres will stay' date=' Babel would be hitting 91 soon if rafa used him more often. He proved on Saturday hes more than worth a starting place and is twice the player that Albert Riera is.[/quote']

Id say Riera had a good game, better than Berbatov. I think what Rafa's done is bought two very good LMs and he cant decide who to play. Maybe now is the time for Babel to switch to his natural right side.

Id say Riera had a good game' date=' better than Berbatov. I think what Rafa's done is bought two very good LMs and he cant decide who to play. Maybe now is the time for Babel to switch to his natural right side.[/quote']

I thought Riera played ok, but the impact Babel had when he came on put Riera in his place. I dont think Babel will ever be a right sider because he likes to come off the left flank with shoot with his right foot. I can see him being a centre forward later on in his career, iv thought this for a while and the way he took his goal on saturday is more evidence i think. The way he took his goal was very good and his arrival into the box right place right time was typical of a centre forward.

Babel is a player i really rate and can become world class if rafa uses his talents correctly.

Torres will stay' date=' Babel would be hitting 91 soon if rafa used him more often. He proved on Saturday hes more than worth a starting place and is twice the player that Albert Riera is.[/quote']

he is a good 90 atm

I thought Riera played ok' date=' but the impact Babel had when he came on put Riera in his place. I dont think Babel will ever be a right sider because he likes to come off the left flank with shoot with his right foot. I can see him being a centre forward later on in his career, iv thought this for a while and the way he took his goal on saturday is more evidence i think. The way he took his goal was very good and his arrival into the box right place right time was typical of a centre forward.

[b']Babel is a player i really rate and can become world class if rafa uses his talents correctly.[/b]

some time not long ago...

gerrard play at RM to give room to the spaniard and sissoko to play at CM (rafa also claiming he will be the next patrick vieira) and now where is sissoko? shipped out and replaced by leiva

at times rafa he is a bit lost and clueless in what he is saying and doing

when yoo talk about Babel, did that remind anyone of walcott, both players are either subs in and subs out, get few starts here and there, some assists and goals

I reckono both lucas and babel deserve slight raises from their current rating. Lucas had a decent amount of playing time last season and will continue to this season. He has shown his versality by playing on the left in the first game of the season and that is what benitez likes.

As for babel, he hasn't gone up for over a year and a rise is in order. He isn't worse than nani imo.

Other liverpool risers would include

El Zhar 77->81/82

Skrtel 90->91/92

Arboela 90 ->91 (he has impressed enough to deserve a 91. Been a regular rightback for pool after replacing finnan. Definitely a 91 playing for a team with the best defence in the league so far)

Dossena 90->91 (perhaps not this time, but definitely the one after this. Has been called up for his country and will continue to play in LB for pool)

Alonso 93 ->94 (many will scream at this. But looking at how alonso has found his form again this season, i think he will regain his 94/95 rating sooner or later. Perhaps not now, but towards the end of the season, when pool wins some trophies :rolleyes: )

Torres 95 ->96 (some has mentioned that he hasn't scored enough this season, but that's because he has been out injured. Based on his form towards the end of last season and the euros, a 96 will be in order. He will have to continue scoring until the english ratings come though. Not worse than rooney, is he?)

cheers

FWIW, John Paintsil, currently rated 84 for Fulham, is the first-choice RB and has been extremely impressive in each of their games so far. I'm sure he'll get a +1/+2 next time, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him at 88 by the end of the season.

Also for Fulham, Brede Hangeland (87) was unfairly given a -1 last time (despite several MOTM performances since joining the club), and he's continued to play well. Should be an 88 at least, probably deserves to be higher.

Lots of players on the team were given somewhat reactionary ratings decreases when it looked like they might be relegated last season, but they have now won 6 of their last 9 games (which would be Top 4-ish form, if sustained for a full season), and a lot of those players really should get bumped back up. Jimmy Bullard (87), Danny Murphy (86), Bobby Zamora (86) and Zoltan Gera (86) are other likely candidates for increases.

SCHWARZER, Mark		Stay
ZUBERBUHLER, Pascal	Stay
STOCKDALE, David	Stay
KONCHESKY, Paul		Stay
LEIJER, Adrian		Stay
STOOR, Fredrik		Stay
BAIRD, Chris		Stay
PAINTSIL, John 		+2
HANGELAND, Brede	+1/+2
HUGHES, Aaron		Stay/+1
KALLIO, Toni		Stay/+1
CHRISTANVAL, Philippe	(released)
GRAY, Julian		Stay
DAVIES, Simon		Stay/+1
BULLARD, Jimmy		+1
SMERTIN, Aleksei	(released)
MURPHY, Danny		+1
ETUHU, Dickson 		Stay
TEYMOURIAN, Andranik	Stay
ANDREASEN, Leon		Stay
ELLIOTT, Simon		(released)
GERA, Zoltan		+1
DEMPSEY, Clint		Stay
SEOL, Ki-Hyeon		Stay/+1
JOHNSON, Andy		Stay
KAMARA, Diomansy	Stay
NEVLAND, Erik		Stay
ZAMORA, Bobby		+1

Can someone please tell me why you think Babel will rise to 90?

He's made just 2 sub appearances all season, and didn't play in the Euros due to injury so he can't rise from that either.

He should rise because he's as good as Nani? Nani is on the brink of the EPL and CL wingers. Babel is on the brink of the team that came 4th and reached the semis. That's why Nani is 90 and Babel is 89.

One goal against Man United won't warrant a rise from 89 to 90. :rolleyes:

He's made just 2 sub appearances all season' date=' and didn't play in the Euros due to injury so he can't rise from that either.

He should rise because he's as good as Nani? Nani is on the brink of the EPL and CL wingers. Babel is on the brink of the team that came 4th and reached the semis. That's why Nani is 90 and Babel is 89.

One goal against Man United won't warrant a rise from 89 to 90. :rolleyes:[/quote']

It's not all about stats mate. The reason why he only made 2 sub appearences this season was due to his involvement in the olympics :rolleyes:

Babel played a significant number of minutes last season, with several MOTM performances which secured the game for liverpool (vs arsenal in the quarters for example)

I wanted to him to rise the previous time, but he didn't, possibly because he didn't play enough. He is due a rise imo this time round - each time he gets on the pitch, you can feel something is going to happen for me.

The argument isn't based on his one goal against man utd, but on his overall performances for the past year. The goal only acts as a catalyst for his rise :D

cheers

Guest Chris_16

He's made just 2 sub appearances all season' date=' and didn't play in the Euros due to injury so he can't rise from that either.

One goal against Man United won't warrant a rise from 89 to 90. :rolleyes:[/quote']

When you say "He's made just 2 sub appearances all season", it's like you're saying that the season is at its end. Only 4 games have passed! And if he didn't go to the Euros, he went do Olympics fyi... The 2 sub appearances is only because he is not ready to play a full game because of his fitness.

You'll say that I'm saying this cause I'm a Liverpool fan, but no. It's simple... he deserves a 90.

Nani is better than Babel

But Nani should be 91/92

Babel is probably 1 rating worse than Nani at the moment

so if Nani goes up i think that Babel should as well

anyone got thoughts on Giggs

Babel is ok with 89 this time. The whole last season he played just one full game. He had less than 1500 minutes in EPL last season, and this season isn't any different for him now. No way he can raise +2. And IMO Nani has good chances to go up by 1. Comparing to Nani, he played more, they won CL and EPL. So Nani 91 and Babel 89 IMO this time

Babel is ok with 89 this time. The whole last season he played just one full game. He had less than 1500 minutes in EPL last season' date=' and this season isn't any different for him now. No way he can raise +2. And IMO Nani has good chances to go up by 1. Comparing to Nani, he played more, they won CL and EPL. So Nani 91 and Babel 89 IMO this time[/quote']

fair enough.

But juding from SM latest style of rating players as shown in the german ratings, performances matter more than minutes.

Lell was a good example, playing practically the whole of the second half of last season without rising.

Babel has consistently played well whenever he came on, not being able to last the whole 90 minutes does not mean that he played badly, it just means that he either doesn't have the stamina to, or rafa wants to make a tactical change.

cheers

Agree there with the performances, but i cant see a player who can't finish 90 minutes into +2 to 90 rating. I watched some of his games last season, very promising player, i just loved that screamer against Chelski in CL overtime.

I really can't see him on 90 just yet. Could be wrong

Guest Chris_16

Agree there with the performances' date=' but i cant see a player who can't finish 90 minutes into +2 to 90 rating. I watched some of his games last season, very promising player, i just loved that screamer against Chelski in CL overtime.

I really can't see him on 90 just yet. Could be wrong[/quote']

I'm goin` to destroy you with my Rangers :P

Wrong thread m8. But if you wanna discuss it make the thread in SoccerManager.com Setups section...

I cant see you staying in 1st division this season TBH...

EDIT: Ok we'll see ;)

ok' date=' i hate to repeat myself, but people seems to be far more interested in Babel...

Which are people thoughts about Curtis Davies? i know his stats, but i have never seen him playing...

And what about Cuellar? Isn't he suposed to start in front of Davies?[/quote']

He has been solid for villa so far, who has been stingy in conceding. Cuellar has just returned from injury, so it remains to be seen who is the first choice.

cheers

thanks m8... i was thinking about buying him but with Cuellar there i doubt he will get much playing time :(

Mate, don't be put off by Cuellar's presence at AV. Curtis Davies has been quality for Villa this season and is showing the kind of form he had last back-end before his serious injury.

Remember he's still young and can progress with the team over the coming years, whereas I see Cuellar as more of a short term replacement for Mellberg/Laursen.

Currently rated 86 Davies has to be a good investment.

Mate' date=' don't be put off by Cuellar's presence at AV. Curtis Davies has been quality for Villa this season and is showing the kind of form he had last back-end before his serious injury.

Remember he's still young and can progress with the team over the coming years, whereas I see Cuellar as more of a short term replacement for Mellberg/Laursen.

Currently rated 86 Davies has to be a good investment.[/quote']

Do you know any other young defenders from Premier League rated between 85 and 87 who would be a good investment? Maybe Robert Huth? Or others?