EPL Rating Changes  

1. 1.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

English Premier League ratings I am creating this post so that people can post there suggestions and ask for help about player ratings changes in this post only no need to make new posts for every p

Re: English Premier League ratings I think sm are very wary of raising players that are injury prone unless they really have to. It avoids an embarrassing situation whereby they have to decrease a pl

Re: Top 4 Man U & Chelsea Overrated Pool & Gunners Underrated firstly, i think you were lucky that walcott kept his 89, he hasn't played in ages, i mite not have been fair to drop him but its

Re: Top 4. Man U & Chelsea Overrated. Pool & Gunners Underrated

Dan W

I think you underrate Arsenal and the gap will only close from now on i would'nt be suprised to see Arsenal ruin Man Us season and win some trophies. You say about the replacements but Arsenal are in CL late stages every year and were flying with similiar team last year before Eduardo injury without Henrys and Vieras. Bad injurys have hampered season.

Jaime

It's just how when Arsenal and Liverpool acheive its lucky or a fluke. When Liverpool won the european cup they gave all the awards to AC Milan players. What about Gerrard and Carra single handedly winning that competition? this league season United are just ahead of Liverpool and have equal no. of goals conceded Carra has been a legend at the back for years. Van der Sar hasn't had a good season, when teams attack Man U they have their vunerablities. Phil Neil won lots of trophies doesnt meen he's a great full back.

Your straight tripping over Ireland being better than Alonso i agree Carrick and Ireland are good but all Liverpool fans know Alonso has been amazing and would walk into any team, If your talking best 3 central midfields Liverpool have the best Masc, Gerrard and Alonso better than Chelsea and Uniteds Mid centres. just the wings that let them down.

I just don't see how you think Walcott is lucky not to go down. Essien was out for most of the season and rightly kept his rating, Walcott who has been injury prone but is a dangerous player who has made some big contributions yet he suffers with rating.

Re: Denilson gets 89 and Fletcher gets 90!!! what the hell

i dont think so' date=' i think wenger will buy a new holding midfielder and denilson or fabregas mite be sold.[/quote']

I believe Fabregas will go back to Spain one day but it won't be this summer. Wenger rates Denilson highly and won't be sold anytime soon. He has already said that his performances are underrated. Plus, if you haven't noticed, Denilson is Wenger's preferred partner alongside Fabregas.

Wenger buying a holding midfielder this summer remains to be seen. Although very unlikely.

Re: Shame On You SM!

This is a thread to put Ratings that you disagree on hopefully that SM will read it and maybe change them but you have to put the player the team and the stats and a reason why they should have a certain change.

who do you think was wrong. :confused:

i think you should say who for amking the thread. (just saying)

a few risers that didnt happen. Most of them are what nick said

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I remember Melbguy made an infamous thread criticising SM with a title exactly the same as yours. If I remember correctly, he was banned so, I'm just warning you, be careful.

Anelka, 31 games, 15 goals, no raise

Barry, 32 games, 5 goals, 6 assists, no raise

Agbonlahor, 32 games, 11 goals, 5 assists, 89??????? is this some kind of joke.

Lampard, 32 games, 12 goals, 9 assists, no raise. GERRARD, 27 games, 13 goals, 6 assists, yet gerrard 97, lampard 95??? yea thats fair.

Abonglahor 89 --> 90

Barry 91 --> 92

Young 90 --> 91

(Even If they slumped in recent weeks this is still Aston Villas best premier league season)

Anelka 92 --> 93/94

(Top goalscorer in the premier league ahead of Van Persie who also got a rise)

Denilson - 89 --> 90/91

(Played an awful lot of games for Arsenal this season and has imo played better than the 95 he plays alongside really should be 90)

Reira - 91 --> 92

Reina - 93 --> 94 (Maybe)

(Two of Liverpools top performers this season, barring the mistake yesterday he's still played top has Reina and really deserves to be on par with a very poor Cech, Reira has been immense and is always in games and should be an 92 with Kuyt)

I believe Fabregas will go back to Spain one day but it won't be this summer. Wenger rates Denilson highly and won't be sold anytime soon. He has already said that his performances are underrated. Plus' date=' if you haven't noticed, Denilson is Wenger's preferred partner alongside Fabregas.

Wenger buying a holding midfielder this summer remains to be seen. Although very unlikely.[/quote']

i hope ur right, it wud b a shame to lose either from the prem.

Re: English Premier League ratings

insua missed about a month or so of action as he was at the south american u20's' date=' so that probably cost him 3 or 4 appearances, so IMO rafael 85 and insua 83 would have been fairer[/quote']

Rafael's been injured which probably cost him 3 or 4 appearances aswell. I agree though a jump to 86 was more than I expected but it's easily justified and he certainly deserves more than Insua.

Re: David Bentley Rating decrease to 89

Personally I think this is another outrageous decision to decrease Bentley to 89. Quite frankly I dont care what Harry Redknapp thinks of him or whether he has or hasnt fallen out of favour at Tottenham' date=' he's better than half the England squad and the Tottenham squad he's a world class player with a ton of talent and he's better than a 89 rating.[/quote']

I could say the exact same thing for Theo Walcott and do one better by saying that Capello has named him as his golden boy and therefore Walcott should be rated over 90........ Umm... NO!!

If he's 'world class' as you label him he really should be getting more game time at sp*rs. But I'm sure he doesn't mind since he is a sp*rs fan.

Am I the only one that doesn't think Anelka should rise?

And I'm one of the only Chelsea fans on here.. :o

Anelka yes has scored 15 goals this season, about 12-13 of them in the first 1/3 of the season and all against lower opposition in the league, he doesn't hardly score in champs league, he doesn't score against the top sides in the prem either. Personally I think he should stay 92, and SM got it right, I don't think hes on par with Benzema, Luis Fabiano, RVP etc.. :)

The ones im not happy with are Ashley Young, Agbonlahor and Barry and a few others..

Also, I don't see how Gerrard is 2 better than Lampard.. when Lamps is everything to us and he is a consistent former (not saying gerrard isn't) and scores 20+ goals a season from midfield, even though i'd say he was an Attacking-Mid. :D

I remember Melbguy made an infamous thread criticising SM with a title exactly the same as yours. If I remember correctly' date=' he was banned so, I'm just warning you, be careful.[/quote']

Really? That's gotta suck.

Almunia 91 -> 92

Sagna 92 -> 93 (If not Almunia then definitely Sagna)

Just adding the list... didn't create the thread... hope us repliers don't get punished... LOL! :P:D

You cant compare players like to like in SM because thats not how the ratings work. Its based on how much and how well that individual has played for his team and at what level that team is regarded. For example if Macheda did what he did for manu as a Fulham player against the same exact teams he wouldnt be rated as highly I'm pretty sure - not for 2 performances and 2 goals..

I seem to remember most people saying Fletcher deserved a 90 in the ratings changes before this one but he didnt get it thus he did this time so that'l probably happen to Denilson next ratings change..

Denilson is a gret player though and probably is a 90 rated player having played all of Arsenals champions league campaign - people saying he plays but he doesnt play well is tosh if you look at his passing sats I saw on sky sports he was on a par with Alonso. OK he doest score loads but he's been an integral part of Arsenal this season in a team that have only lost one game this year in which they progressed via penalties past Roma.

He wont be dropped for Fabregas but play along side him. Diaby seems to always be injured and song is less favoured. Whilst Denilson isnt a midfield general yet he's our best bet this season in tha position.

I bet you haven't been playing the game for long.

Song got a +2 didn't he? 86 to 88 is pretty good; you've gotta be something special to get a +3 from 86 to 89.

Walcott rising? Hahah' date=' garbage. He's been injured and that statement's just ludicrous.

[b']Denilson has not been playing well. People just look at the fact that he's been playing a lot and assume he should rise to a 90; again, garbage. He has not been playing well. It's just that Arsenal don't have many decent options in CM. Fletcher has been playing better football for the better team![/b]

Funny thing is, Denilson has actually been playing well for a long period of time (Had a small dip in form around October, but so did the whole team) I think 89 is what he deserved, but to say he isnt playing well is wrong, and you probably only see him a few times on Match of the Day.

I bet you haven't been playing the game for long.

Song got a +2 didn't he? 86 to 88 is pretty good; you've gotta be something special to get a +3 from 86 to 89.

Walcott rising? Hahah' date=' garbage. He's been injured and that statement's just ludicrous.

Denilson has not been playing well. People just look at the fact that he's been playing a lot and assume he should rise to a 90; again, garbage. He has not been playing well. It's just that Arsenal don't have many decent options in CM. Fletcher has been playing better football for the better team![/quote']

Totally agree with the first part but it's not ludicrous to say Walcott should rise. Just as it's correct to argue Denilson shouldn't rise just because of minutes played, it's correct to argue Walcott should get a rise despite minutes played. Lets face it he's only not played because of injury and he's definately gained international and continental experience this season as well as proving himself (despite his low number of apperances) on the domestic level. I think he was borderline 89/90 so the fact he didn't rise I don't think is harsh but it's definately not ludicrous to say he should have risen.

Also about Denilson: I trust Arsene Wenger's judgment more than anyone elses. He's played all but one of Arsenal's games, every single minute of the champions league games aswell. He got thrust into the team and at first didn't play that well, but since the last changes he's found his feet and does alot of the work in midfield that most people don't see. For me he should have got 90.

As for Fletcher, he deserved 90.

Re: English Premier League ratings

For once I applaud SM's ratings, on the whole they were brilliant, just a few disappointments but ultimately those come down to opinions. Although I would expect nothing less, considering England is probably the most watched league by the researchers.

Very disappointed by some Villa changes. I felt Young deserved a 91. Why? Compare him with Arteta:

-Performance - who's better? An opinion, but I feel both are equally amazing.

-Stats - Young has actually played more than Arteta due to Arteta's injury.

-Club - Villa 5th, Everton 6th, fighting each other for 5th spot. Nothing really to seperate them.

-International - Neither of them have yet featured for their national side.

Surely they deserve the same rating?

Disappointed that Davies only got 88 and Agbonlahor didn't rise as well.

Also very disappointed to see Kuyt rise to 92 but Riera stay at 91. And Aurelio to 91 took me by surprise. Is he as good as Arbeloa? And tbh he lost his place to Insua (83) earlier in the season as well.

Also, no rise for Glen Johnson? One of Portsmouth's best players, England international, great player, etc. Why does playing for your international side mean so much for all players apart from English? Dzagoev, Hazard, etc.