EPL Rating Changes

nchlsren

EPL Rating Changes  

1. 1.

Re: EPL Rating Changes

Obviously not' date=' it was Wikianswers i used, i went onto two different sites and it also said United...;)[/quote']

there are loads of those surveys and most of them are garbage (there's one where zenit are more popular than liverpool, bayern munich and juventus) so i'd take htem all with a massive pinch of salt

No rise for A.Young and Agbonlahor is a complete joke in my opinion!

Have to agree. This is the biggest shock/disappointment for me from this ratings change. They thoroughly deserve an increase and to not get one, despite Villa's dip in form recently, is something awful.

No rise for Schwarzer or Robert Green or Kirkland and still the 3 most underated keepers in the premier league are still on there old rating, Abonglahor, Young and Barry not rising even if theyve hit a slump there doing a lot better than previous years, Fletcher up 2 while Denilson only gets one come on Denilson was a dead certain to become a 90, Benayoun should of rose and this coming from a Liverpool fan Ryan Babel should have dropped, Insua got plus 3 while Rafael got plus 9, Insua is better than Rafael but i'm biased, Ferdinand rising? what a joke no where near as good as Vidic, Geovanni still dosent get a rise he should of got last rating changes, Gary Neville IMO should be an 88 hes awful, Reira not getting a rise jeees, Reina was doubtful but hes just as good as Cech

Well for me SM have done the ratings right. I think rising RVP to 93 was excellent of their part.

I'm also glad they didn't drop Essien (or Fabregas). Both have been excellent since their return. I would have understood if SM dropped both of them, but would have never forgiven if one dropped and one stayed.

I also think Reira should have rised to 92

Or maybe thats becuase I have him in all of my teams :D

there are loads of those surveys and most of them are garbage (there's one where zenit are more popular than liverpool' date=' bayern munich and juventus) so i'd take htem all with a massive pinch of salt[/quote']

russia is the largest country in the world and does have quite a large population.. i wouldnt be surprised if it was more popular

Re: Top 4. Man U & Chelsea Overrated. Pool & Gunners Underrated

Yet again Man U and Chelsea are overrated or alternatively Liverpool and Arsenal Underrated.

Defensively Man U' date=' Liverpool and Chelsea have been excellent for years, proving there ability to keep clean sheets, yet Vidic and Ferdinand 96 Terry 95 Carra 94 Skertal 92.

Van der Sar is average yet he is a 94, nominated for PFA have a word, Reina clearly a better GK.

Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso are awesome Gerrard should be 98 he is the best player in the world, Mascherano is the best DM in the world and should be a 95 minimum. Alonso is the most underrated playmaker in the world and has been class this season, noone should complain about his rise.

Some of the 89's C'mon? Agger 89? G Johnson 89? Song 89? Walcott 89?

errrrrrrrrrrm Anderson 91???? Hargreaves 90???? Fletcher 90????

How can Song, Johnson and Walcott be 89's seriously they say international experience is important, we clearly have the best domestic teams in the world yet this isn't reflected in ratings. Theo has played international scored when he plays for arsenal yet he stays an 89. Ibrahimovic is rubbish at every level but is an 86 even Uniteds strikers are underrated in comparison.

SM fix up and look sharp[/quote']

Possibly... the most biased post ever made?

Let's examine it, you've just said

Defensively Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea have been excellent for years
and listed defender's ratings.

Rio and Vidic are easily the best centre half pairing in the world right now. For the past 18 months they have been excellent. They won the league and the champions league with that pairing last season.

John Terry is an exceptional centre back, and he went through a tough patch last season where he could easily have dropped to 94, but he's pulled it back. He led the charge for Chelsea winning the league two years on the trot, and more recently in them reaching their first CL final.

Carragher has the most shocking positional sense it's unbelieviable, but he is still a quality CB. He loves his last ditch tackles, usually made because he or a fellow defender are out of position, and does them well. However Liverpool's last piece of silverware that was meaningful...? He's also retired internationally.

Skrtel is a promising CB, but he's still not up there with the greats. I think a 92 is very very fair, and can't see how you can complain saying your defence is underrated when individually it's not... He plays for a poor international team, and if you watched the England Slovakia match, he was truly shocking in that. Showing he needs good players around him to function.

Van der Sar is average yet he is a 94, nominated for PFA have a word, Reina clearly a better GK.

Right, now what does the fact that the players in the premier league who play week in week out and come up against each other and study videos of each other, voting for VDS tell you? It should probably tell you that their opinion is slightly better and more valid than yours or anyone else's on this forum. Reina is a class keeper, fair do's. VDS has had a better season, and better seasons in the past few years.

Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso are awesome Gerrard should be 98 he is the best player in the world, Mascherano is the best DM in the world and should be a 95 minimum. Alonso is the most underrated playmaker in the world and has been class this season, noone should complain about his rise.

"are awesome" brilliant bit of evidence work there. Gerrard isn't the best player in the world at the moment, I think you'll find the general consensus is that a young argentinian called Lionel Messi is. Also, over the course of the season he's been on par with Xavi of Barca, who should rise to 97. They're both the top CM/AM's in the world at the moment. (not the best players ;))

Mascherano is a difficult one. He's great at breaking up the play and getting stuck in. I wouldn't say a 95 is right at the moment though. Maybe if Liverpool win something?

I don't think Alonso is the most underrated playmaker in the world is he? He was your driving force this season before Gerrard realised he had to do something, however of late he's gone missing in the bigger games. No doubt his passing is excellent and his movement of the ball around to over players is great as well. But I wouldn't say he's underrated for that. There are plenty of other people that can do his job, he's not special enough to be worth a 95. 94 is very fair. Also I think the only complaints about his rise are those in connection to other players, i.e. carrick and barry. If alonso is 94, then Carrick and Barry should have been made a lot closer to that than they are.

Some of the 89's C'mon? Agger 89? G Johnson 89? Song 89? Walcott 89?

errrrrrrrrrrm Anderson 91???? Hargreaves 90???? Fletcher 90????

You haven't picked the best examples here have you...?

Agger, not a regular for Liverpool yet. A class prospect, but not worthy of a 90+ yet. Johnson the only one there that I can say is worth a 90, yet there's a big possibility of his team getting relegated this season. SM are always wary of putting players up who could be relegated because it means once they move to the championship, they have to be rated down again. Song is the most unpredictable player in the Arsenal team. He is no way consistent enough, nor integral enough to be worth a 90+. Walcott has been injured for months, and just returned. No way would he get a rise.

Anderson got his 91 on the back of being a massive figure for United last season, in his first season at the club. This season he's had a couple of injuries, but when he has played he's made a difference. Also the last few weeks, whilst SM have been reviewing, he's played and done okay so I can see why they've kept him.

Owen Hargreaves is an absolutely fantastic player. If he wasn't injured this season, I reckon we'd have even more points than we do now and look even more comfortable in the CL. He's a a truly great holding midfielder, and a player with adaptability. RB, RM or CM/DM and he's class in all of them.

Fletcher has been overlooked on here a couple of times already. He's always been there or there abouts for United, and his game has improves massively over the last season and a half. The start of the season he got us going, and now in the run in he's again coming to the front. His range of passing has expanded hugely and he's turning into a very very good footballer.

How can Song, Johnson and Walcott be 89's seriously they say international experience is important, we clearly have the best domestic teams in the world yet this isn't reflected in ratings. Theo has played international scored when he plays for arsenal yet he stays an 89. Ibrahimovic is rubbish at every level but is an 86 even Uniteds strikers are underrated in comparison.

SM fix up and look sharp

Well i mean, you contradict yourself here again. Yes we do have the best domestic teams in the world, and who for the last 20 years have dominated the EPL? And which 2 teams for the last 5 years especially have dominated the league as well as Europe? It's a no brainer that United and Chelsea are gong to be rated slightly above Liverpool and Arsenal.

Also regarding international experience, Walcott has 6 caps. That doesn't count as playing regularly which is what SM say is required for a 90 + rating. Song has 5 caps, practically the same as walcott so again, not playing regular. Johnson is different in that he has 13 caps, but they've been dispersed over 6 years, so again not a regular.

"Ibrahimovic is rubbish". Granted he looked distinctly mediocre against us, but other than that he's a prolific goal scorer who is also excessively talented. If you're hinting at a comparison between him and Walcott there then you need to get your head checked out. Ibrahimovic has done it for years at the top level, 96 possibly too high but still. Walcott has done it irratically for a season and a half.

All in all these English ratings are quite fair. At the end of the day, United and Chelsea have been succesful of late. Liverpool and Arsenal... haven't?

Don't forget, a couple of weeks ago it looked as if Arsenal were going to be ousted from the top 4. Possibly even finishing 6th.

russia is the largest country in the world and does have quite a large population.. i wouldnt be surprised if it was more popular

but how popular are russian teams outside of russia - nowhere near as popular as the likes of liverpool, bayern and juve and its probably people saying they're zenit fans because they won the uefa cup, probably like people who were lazio fans in the late 90s/early 00's, and lets not forget that zenit were not well known outside of russia up until around a year ago, whereas the other 3 are three of the biggest clubs in the world and have established fanbases all over the planet

Re: Top 4. Man U & Chelsea Overrated. Pool & Gunners Underrated

Possibly... the most biased post ever made?

Let's examine it' date=' you've just said and listed defender's ratings.

Rio and Vidic are easily the best centre half pairing in the world right now. For the past 18 months they have been excellent. They won the league and the champions league with that pairing last season.

John Terry is an exceptional centre back, and he went through a tough patch last season where he could easily have dropped to 94, but he's pulled it back. He led the charge for Chelsea winning the league two years on the trot, and more recently in them reaching their first CL final.

Carragher has the most shocking positional sense it's unbelieviable, but he is still a quality CB. He loves his last ditch tackles, usually made because he or a fellow defender are out of position, and does them well. However Liverpool's last piece of silverware that was meaningful...? He's also retired internationally.

Skrtel is a promising CB, but he's still not up there with the greats. I think a 92 is very very fair, and can't see how you can complain saying your defence is underrated when individually it's not... He plays for a poor international team, and if you watched the England Slovakia match, he was truly shocking in that. Showing he needs good players around him to function.

Right, now what does the fact that the players in the premier league who play week in week out and come up against each other and study videos of each other, voting for VDS tell you? It should probably tell you that their opinion is slightly better and more valid than yours or anyone else's on this forum. Reina is a class keeper, fair do's. VDS has had a better season, and better seasons in the past few years.

"are awesome" brilliant bit of evidence work there. Gerrard isn't the best player in the world at the moment, I think you'll find the general consensus is that a young argentinian called Lionel Messi is. Also, over the course of the season he's been on par with Xavi of Barca, who should rise to 97. They're both the top CM/AM's in the world at the moment. (not the best players ;))

Mascherano is a difficult one. He's great at breaking up the play and getting stuck in. I wouldn't say a 95 is right at the moment though. Maybe if Liverpool win something?

I don't think Alonso is the most underrated playmaker in the world is he? He was your driving force this season before Gerrard realised he had to do something, however of late he's gone missing in the bigger games. No doubt his passing is excellent and his movement of the ball around to over players is great as well. But I wouldn't say he's underrated for that. There are plenty of other people that can do his job, he's not special enough to be worth a 95. 94 is very fair. Also I think the only complaints about his rise are those in connection to other players, i.e. carrick and barry. If alonso is 94, then Carrick and Barry should have been made a lot closer to that than they are.

You haven't picked the best examples here have you...?

Agger, not a regular for Liverpool yet. A class prospect, but not worthy of a 90+ yet. Johnson the only one there that I can say is worth a 90, yet there's a big possibility of his team getting relegated this season. SM are always wary of putting players up who could be relegated because it means once they move to the championship, they have to be rated down again. Song is the most unpredictable player in the Arsenal team. He is no way consistent enough, nor integral enough to be worth a 90+. Walcott has been injured for months, and just returned. No way would he get a rise.

Anderson got his 91 on the back of being a massive figure for United last season, in his first season at the club. This season he's had a couple of injuries, but when he has played he's made a difference. Also the last few weeks, whilst SM have been reviewing, he's played and done okay so I can see why they've kept him.

Owen Hargreaves is an absolutely fantastic player. If he wasn't injured this season, I reckon we'd have even more points than we do now and look even more comfortable in the CL. He's a a truly great holding midfielder, and a player with adaptability. RB, RM or CM/DM and he's class in all of them.

Fletcher has been overlooked on here a couple of times already. He's always been there or there abouts for United, and his game has improves massively over the last season and a half. The start of the season he got us going, and now in the run in he's again coming to the front. His range of passing has expanded hugely and he's turning into a very very good footballer.

Well i mean, you contradict yourself here again. Yes we do have the best domestic teams in the world, and who for the last 20 years have dominated the EPL? And which 2 teams for the last 5 years especially have dominated the league as well as Europe? It's a no brainer that United and Chelsea are gong to be rated slightly above Liverpool and Arsenal.

Also regarding international experience, Walcott has 6 caps. That doesn't count as playing regularly which is what SM say is required for a 90 + rating. Song has 5 caps, practically the same as walcott so again, not playing regular. Johnson is different in that he has 13 caps, but they've been dispersed over 6 years, so again not a regular.

"Ibrahimovic is rubbish". Granted he looked distinctly mediocre against us, but other than that he's a prolific goal scorer who is also excessively talented. If you're hinting at a comparison between him and Walcott there then you need to get your head checked out. Ibrahimovic has done it for years at the top level, 96 possibly too high but still. Walcott has done it irratically for a season and a half.

All in all these English ratings are quite fair. At the end of the day, United and Chelsea have been succesful of late. Liverpool and Arsenal... haven't?

Don't forget, a couple of weeks ago it looked as if Arsenal were going to be ousted from the top 4. Possibly even finishing 6th.[/quote']

Owned

Re Liverpool & Man United defences - I'll simplify this.

Take your pick:

Evra or Aurelio?

Vidic or Skrtel?

Carra or Ferdinand?

Arbeloa or Rafael?

Reina or VDS?

The RB & GK are debateable but the other 3 are no brainers in Man Utds favour - hence the difference in rating between the two defences....

Liverpool are well organised but the defence gets great protection from the midfield and as a team they are far more disciplined and rigid than United....but as individual players there is no doubt United have the better defenders...

Re: Yossi Benayoun - 89 ?

his started 15 times and been a sub 11 times and scored 4 goals

were as park has 19 starts with 2 sub scoring 1 goal

and fletcher has started 20 times with 1 sub scoring 3 goals

so his played more than fletcher and park and scored more goals therefore meaning he should be higher than them or be the same as them which means he should be a 90/91

Your stats are wrong. As I have told others, check yourself before you wreck yourself, and go learn to count, or how to find a reputable stat site. Most likely, you should do both.

Fletcher has 34 appearances in all competitions.

Park has 32 appearances in all competitions.

Benayoun has 34 appearances in all competitions, however he has been a sub for almost half of the games. It's really late here and I'm too tired to go get stats for minutes played, but both Fletcher and Park have played alot more than Benayoun.

Also, why did you throw stats at me after I made the comment about how Benayoun was put into the team to maintain a level a creativity, since Gerrard wasn't playing. How did those statistics have anything to do with my comment and/or how could they be used to dispel my statement???

The ratings are all fine.

Stop moaning everyone' date=' they won't change now anyway.[/quote']

Erm, it's a forum - everyone is entitled to post an opinion. If you don't enjoy reading them, erm, don't read them? :rolleyes:

As for Cech - no doubt he hasn't been as good as he was, but he's still quality. 94 is probably fair and if he doesn't pick his form up it'll likely drop to 93 in the future. He's better than Friedel, but on a par with Given I think. I simply cannot fathom why Given is still only 91... :confused:

Don't you think Nani is rated a bit too low?HE'S ONLY 89!!

I mean' date=' his in the Portuagal national team, and he should deserve at least a 90 or 91 because 80~89 are considered as only Premiership players, whereas 90+ are valued as international players and thats where Nani should fall into.[/quote']

To be honest i agree with the Nani rating.. 89 seems about fair to me? Yeah fair enough he is in the Portugal National Squad but he doesn't really appeal to me in a Manchester United Jersey.. To be honest i thought the only words i could put into context on yesterday's performance for Nani.. Was 'Shocking!' He doesn't put on a show for Manchester United many weeks of the season but yeah occassionally he has a great game and to be honest i think that's what is keeping him on his 89 Rating.