Sign in to follow this  
Ross.DAFC85

Manchester City WC1277

city_of_manchester_stadium.jpg

MANCHESTER CITY

After looking for a Manchester City in division four for the last couple of days now, I picked up one just an hour or so ago which has played one game and lost 3-1 to Sampdoria at home!

No players have left the club, but Luis Anderson has joined on loan, with Andriy Voronin having been bought for a very generous £5,300,000. I have made a £4,000,000 bid to unmanaged Werder Bremen for Jurica Vranjes.

My first match tonight is at home to FC Nurnberg, with the German side having defeated Middlesbrough 1-0 last Saturday. I am going for a 4-4-2:

Isaksson

Richards© Corluka Dunne Garrido

Elano Ireland Hamann Petrov

Voronin Bojinov

With this thread, I will do a match report after every match and also keep you up to date with my latest transfers and also league positions, and other goings on. I hope you will enjoy this, as I am sure I certainly will, as I look for the league title.

It starts tonight....

Re: Manchester City WC1277

386.gif47.gif

1 FC Nurnberg 1-1 Manchester City

Manchester City's first match under Ross Philp saw them travel to Germany to face title rivals 1 FC Nurnberg in the Frankenstadion. Philp went with a simple 4-4-2 formation and started with the following:- Isakkson, Richards, Corluka, Dunne, Garrido, Elano, Ireland, Hamann, Petrov, Voronin, Bojinov.

On 61 minutes, Valeri Bojinov was allowed to poke hom after a mix up in the Nurnberg defence. City were looking to go on and finish off their German oppo.

400x400_ValeriBojinovNew.jpg

But only eight minutes later, Ivan Saenko used his pace and power to break into the box and lash home. And it finished level after ninety minutes.

IvanSaenkocelebNurnberg_194335.jpg

Next up for Manchester City is an away tie again in Germany, against league favourites Borussia Dortmund. Having looked weak in midfield against Nurnberg, Jurica Vranjes completed his £4,100,000 move from Werder Bremen, and will start in the centre of midfield with Stephen Ireland tonight.

45.jpg

392.gif47.gif

Borussia Dortmund 0-0 Manchester City

With his second trip in three days to Germany Philp named his second side at the helm of City. There was one change to the side as Dietmar Hamann dropped out as new arrival Jurica Vranjes made his City debut after his £4,100,000 move from Werder Bremen.

City suffered from a lack of chances but struck the woodwork on 60 minutes. On the hour mark, Martin Petrov's delicate chip came back of Dortmund keeper Weidenfeller's crossbar, with City's best chance of the match.

sfnsmi106.jpg

Alexander Frei had a chance for the hosts with little time left but blasted his shot wide. Dortmund bossed the proceedings for lengthy spells in the game, but City held on and are still unbeaten under Philp after two tough away matches.

26_alexander_frei.jpg

Philp's side face Los Angeles Galaxy tonight, and he has reverted to a 3-5-2 formation, as Javier Garrido will drop from the side being replaced by Dietmar Hamann who comes back into the side. He has named this eleven:- Isakkson, Richards, Dunne, Corluka, Hamann, Elano, Ireland, Vranjes, Petrov, Voronin, Bojinov

Philp hopes his side will bang in the goals against a poor LA side and is backing Voronin and Bojinvo up front to get the three points. Philp's win in charge is vital and he is very confident that it will come tonight.

47.gif

Two wins in a row!

After two successive draws as boss, Philp opted for a change of formation as he side were to take on LA Galaxy before travelling to Napoli.

After fourteen minutes, goals from Valeri Bojinov, Blumer Elano and Jurica Vranjes, followed by a Ty Harden goal for the visitors City were 3-1 up at half time against the Galaxy. A goal two minutes from time from Ukrainian Voronin sealed a fine win, City's first and Philp's first of the season in division four.

Napoli 1-3 Manchester City

On 40 minutes, Valeri Bojinov scored his fourth goal of the season as he rasped home a screamer from the edge of the Napoli box. Blumer Elano scored for the second consecutive match four minutes later to give City a two goal lead at HT.

Only six minutes after the break, Valeri Bojinov struck once again this time dummying the keeper before sliding the ball into the empty net.

400x400_ValeriBojinovNew.jpg

Despite a late goal from Napoli through Matteo Contini, it could not prevent Manchester City and Ross Philp moving up to fifth in the fourth division. They are now only two points from the promotion places and look to go into the top three with a win in their next match at home to Athletic Bilbao.