Why hasn't Jan Rosenthal increased to 88?

This really does confuse me , Michael Tarnat for hannover has played 11 games, hes increased to an 88.

Jan Rosenthal for hannover has played 12 games and came on as a sub twice as well as scoring stays at 87 and doesn't increase. Hannover are curently 5th and Rosenthal's obviously been playing well to have started 12 games and came on twice as a sub.

Why hasn't he been increased to an 88, I think he merits it.

Re: Why hasn't Jan Rosenthal increased to 88?

Saying Tarnat has played 11 games compared to Rosenthal's 12 is a bit irrelevant as 90 minutes makes no odds. Yes appearances matter, but clearly these two are first team and the numbers are so close it doesn't matter much. How many games has Rosenthal had in his career at this level, compared to Tarnat? Tarnat has 17 years of experience at excellent levels. Rosenthal is into his second season. (not saying young players can't be high rated, just that they won't get high ratings very quickly, in 99% of cases)

So what if tarnats had 17 years of experience? Aren’t ratings meant to be judged on how the player is doing when there team’s ratings come around? If so surely Rosenthal’s rating should be 88 no matter if he’s had 17 years experience or 2.

He's a good young player, oh and Tosic was increased to 88 also, there basically the same age.

If it was done on how ratings are when they are reviewed only, then Gareth Bale would drop to 60 as he is out for 3 months and in no condition to play. Same with lots of players, and also loads of players would go to 99 for having bagged a hatrick at the weekend. SM have to take some kind of sensible consideration of past achievements into account, don't you think?

If you think Rosenthal has been playing well, then I see where you are coming from and apologise, but you only mentioned stats and the fact is that Tarnat has played 12 minutes less in the league this season than Rosenthal, which means nothing.

I think it is wrong though to forget that this is Rosenthal's second season (15 games in, so not even complete) in his WHOLE career, so I think it is obvious that someone who is vastly experienced would not be rated lower than him based on 12 minutes.

For 1 and a half seasons 87 is great going.

From memory Tarnat was higher and dropped in rating. Now that he is back playing regularly he has increased again.

I know that SM used Kicker's rating system as a guide and according to them Tarnat has the better 'grades' this season.

Not to mention he has scored the same amount of goals and has 1 more assist from full back compared to midfielder! :eek:;)

Give Tarnat a break, the bloke was born in 1969 :rolleyes::D

Herby

p.s. I would love to know who the 'scout' was that recommended Jan Rosenthal? Seems like a LOT of forumers jumped on that particular bandwagon. lol :o

p.s. I would love to know who the 'scout' was that recommended Jan Rosenthal? Seems like a LOT of forumers jumped on that particular bandwagon. lol :o

i forget, i just wish i'd bought him with all instead of just one of my teams. got rid of him now anyway, in a part exchange so i got none of him :(