X factor - disgrace

FC Basel

X factor - disgrace  

1. 1.

• rhydian - 'world class' roberts
    • leon 'monotone' jackson

Re: X factor - ****ing disgrace

Oh Flower of Scotland, when will we seeeeee... :)

Leon, between him and Same Difference I would say. Tonight's performances from the Scot was the best I have seen him so far, and any of the three were worthy winners I would say.

I seem to recall a discussion on MSN, that Scotland are crap at most things Tim :rolleyes:;).

Good luck to Leon in his career, and the other two acts will get a contract anyone, they just won't go down as X-FACTOR 2007 winner :D

LEON!

Actually i always Leon to win,

No doubt Rhydian has the best voice along with his arrogant and weird characteristics but he doesnt exactly fit the bill in todays market. His voice is of a classical musician, Leons is modern and more up beat, thus he appeals to more people.

Leon does have the inferior voice but has much more about him, Rhydian should stick to opera and classical music the x factor was not the right competition for him.

On another note, why are you getting so moved by the X factorm me thinks someone needs to go out more :P;) ps is this a welsh thing ?

To be honest, Leon did sing the final song way better than Rhydian did. I don't really care about it though to be honest. I'm never gonna buy anything either of them release anyway. X-Factor may find some good singers, but it never finds any good musicians. Basically all that show does is make the mainstream music industry even more messed up than it already is.

I think the families lifes it changes from the current ones down through there kids makes the show good enough.

At the end of the day people call others who watch the X factor but who is worse people who watch X factor for an hour or so per week or those that spent hours on end per day (inc me :) ) on a football forum, X factor is real, our managers jobs aint ;)

anyways Leona & Shane are doing pretty well atm people can say what they like about them but they have millions of fans so what makes them wrong for liking them?

at the end of the day its up to people to like who they want based on there own choices

The same thing happened on another show when Michelle McManus won it.

with respect, but cos you're scottish, everyone fae scotland gets your vote, not always the best singer, which defeats the purpose of the show.

With all the England, Scotland, Wales side of it being added made it like the Eurovision song contest - i rest my case.

Guest the plummer

Its the first time i havnt watched x-factor/pop idol ect mainly beacuase i have no time for anything it seems the now.

But talking to people last night everyone was wanting leon to win and when i asked why no one says it was cause he was scottish it was he was amazin, so people can say what they like but its votes that count and leon got more votes.

A wonder how the McDonald brothers are doing anyway:rolleyes:

Its the first time i havnt watched x-factor/pop idol ect mainly beacuase i have no time for anything it seems the now.

But talking to people last night everyone was wanting leon to win and when i asked why no one says it was cause he was scottish it was he was amazin' date=' so people can say what they like but its votes that count and leon got more votes.

A wonder how the McDonald brothers are doing anyway:rolleyes:

[/b']

I wonder why you have no time?

Because you're always on this forum/game!!!

Guest the plummer

mmmm that used to be the situation but tbh a dont even have time for this really, am only on now as my season has finished so no football.

My Grans really ill and i got maself a Girlfriend so a really have other prioritys atm.

I dont watch it, but for all that are interested:

Media watchdog Ofcom is looking into complaints from X Factor viewers who claim they could not phone in to vote for eventual runner-up Rhydian Roberts.

The Welsh singer was hot favourite to win, but narrowly lost to Leon Jackson on Saturday night's ITV1 show.

Ofcom has had 80 viewers' complaints, and some fans told the BBC they tried and failed to vote up to 10 times.

The programme's production company said the high number of calls meant some people were greeted by engaged tones.

An Ofcom spokesman said viewers had "expressed concerns about the operation of the voting and many said they were struggling to get through".

Some radio stations in Rhydian's native Wales said they would boycott the winner's single and demanded a recount.

o.gif

Scotland's Leon won the ITV1 show and a £1m recording contract, beating Rhydian, who had been the 1/3 favourite

the Redian guy didn't win mainly because he is an arrogant pr*ck!

Whats wrong with arrogance? I love it, think its a superb characteristic, and tend to think people who hate it just get wound up a tad too easily, therefore encourages arrogance :D

On x-factor terms, Ryhdian (spelling) was my favourite from the 3 but ah well, Leon got the teens vote more than anything, although both were good. Same Difference too cheesy, simple as. Not bad for an x-mas hit, but never going to take off for me, where as the other 2 could go far depending on their 1st 12 months in the industry.

Re: X factor - disgrace

people are saying he's arrogent blaa blaa blaa, but we all know that leon was shockingly worse than rhydian, and yes he will get his £1m recording contract, but he will dissolve into nothingness, and common sense will prevail - he is a very boring singer who is nothing more than a poor mans michael buble. in other words only scottish people will buy his singles, and all the people with real musical taste will buy the real deal which is buble.

by the way, im not sure this is a nationality thing, because paul potts won britains got talent, even though he's welsh, but i stand by what i believe which is that is rhydian was english he would have won easily, and by the way i think same difference were an absolute joke, and shouldnt have even made the final, we must remember this is a talent competition, and leon has little, although i think he got the majority of his votes from people who simply listen to whatever the judges say. they said he could win the competition but he was the most boring thing i have seen since i noticed a piece of dog cr** on the pavement.

this competition is about being different, and having your own unique style, which rhydian had, but leon didnt. end of story, the wrong person won, although rhydian will get his rewards, and leon will be a forgotten name this time next year, like steve did 3 years ago

Your forgetting that people need an image, and need have that selability factor. Rhydian was a pompus idiot, yes he had the best voice but it wasnt for chart use, he sang pop songs etc with an opera style voice is sounded wrong. No one doubts he had a awesome voice it just not for pop he should stick to classical and opera.

Saying leon is a boring singer isnt fair, he is interesting, i could say Rhydian is a poor mans Mr X if i knew a name of a famous opera singer :o

Leon has more likability and will ultimately sell more records because of that.

+ rhydian will probably get a deal anyway.

and on another note, who really cares about some sub standard tv reality show

Your forgetting that people need an image' date=' and need have that selability factor. Rhydian was a pompus idiot, yes he had the best voice but it wasnt for chart use, he sang pop songs etc with an opera style voice is sounded wrong. No one doubts he had a awesome voice it just not for pop he should stick to classical and opera.

Saying leon is a boring singer isnt fair, he is interesting, i could say Rhydian is a poor mans Mr X if i knew a name of a famous opera singer :o

Leon has more likability and will ultimately sell more records because of that.

+ rhydian will probably get a deal anyway.

[/quote']

that post is a load of tripe matey :D

firstly you can leon interesting... if im honest he has the most mind numbingly boring voice i have heard in a long time, and by the wat i think you are forgetting that x factor is a singing competition, not a popularity contest.

same difference and leon relied heavily on people voting for them because they felt sorry for them - every show they sobbed about this and that, but never actually put in a performance. rhydian on the other hand, just got on with the job, and gave performance after performance, and he could put every song he sung on that show, and sell an album, and sell more than leon could make all his life.

by the way, was it just me or was leon staring at kylies waist the whole time :confused:

and on another note, who really cares about some sub standard tv reality show

what an idiotic comment that is mate :rolleyes:

20+ posts on a thread which took me 10 secs to make, and viewing figures of £12m. what a load of cr** you speak mate, stick to the football if you dont know anything about singing ;)

How is it an idiotic comment ? X faxtor is a waste of time, every signle winner bar will young does one album then fades away. You ask the general population what they think of X factor and they will say the same. Its a spectacle to watch on TV not a real scouting pro gramme. They watch it because of the spectacle. and in the future i would appreciate not been spoken to in such a way that patronizes me.

Also what makes you qualified to talk about signing ?

Im sorry but it is about Image, and thats why Leon won ? and when did he once sob like Same Difference . . . erm never. Its not like i watched it every week but when i saw him he wasnt the best singer as iv said ! repeat i know he wasnt the best singer but he will sell more records.

You say its a popularity contest but end of the day if he cant win the x factor how is he going to out sell Leon in the charts, ill tell you, he wont.

Michelle McManus for eg, good voice, won x factor, she had a bad image ( i know rhydians isnt as bad ) now where is she . . .

X factor is a popularity contest regardless of what you say, the Public vote for who they like most, and will buy records off people who like they the most. Doesnt matter anyway because if either of them won one year on and they would be know where.

And as for staring at Kylies waist, you have some serious problems if you wasnt, im surprised he could perform with that sex goddess near him.

Why are we discussing same difference :confused: they were cr*p everyone knows that. Leon wasnt, Britain hasnt got a singer like Leon, Micheal Buble is Canadian methinks.SO he is filling a gap in the market, you dont need to know much about singing to understand why Leon won, people with the best voices dont always win, its about the whole package.

EDIT ; CHECK THE POLL ON YOUR OWN THREAD

The scotsman won it :D we always kcik butt in these things hahaha wales and England:confused:

sorry

Leona Lewis, Shane Ward, Will Young, Michelle Mcmanus and probably more :D:P