Turkish delight - **17 year old prospect**

Ahmed

Re: Turkish delight - **17 year old prospect**

Ya, but 5 million pounds is a lot. Didn't Liverpool sell Riise for like 3.9 million pounds or something like that? I'd rather spend that cash on a proven and good Riise then a risky 18 year old unproven kid. But who cares, these humongous teams have so much financial support they might as well wipe there bums with 100 dollar bills.

Ya' date=' but 5 million pounds is a lot. Didn't Liverpool sell Riise for like 3.9 million pounds or something like that? I'd rather spend that cash on a proven and good Riise then a risky 18 year old unproven kid. But who cares, these humongous teams have so much financial support they might as well wipe there bums with 100 dollar bills.[/quote']

yes but risse would come with a lot heavier wage bill remember ;)

Hope Ahmed doesn't mind me doing an update for this lad. He's played 5 out of 6 games so far this season, 1 being a sub appearance scoring a very impressive 5 goals. A goal a game ratio at such a young age is quite jaw dropping to be honest. He's also played a total of 375 minutes to. Another rise will be more than likely if he continues this form.

well done to everyone who got him before his rating changed.

Im still gonna buy him because i think from what Ahmed and IOA have said that he could still go up. ;)

Great find IOA/Ahmed! ;)

If he continues his form and because of it, Bursaspor do as well, he will most likely get a rating increase. Bursaspor are playing Fenerbahce tonight, away. So, they might not win but I'll be watching the match and expecting a good performance from him and Bursaspor.

• 3 months later...

If he continues his form and because of it' date=' Bursaspor do as well, he will most likely get a rating increase. Bursaspor are playing Fenerbahce tonight, away. So, they might not win but I'll be watching the match and expecting a good performance from him and Bursaspor.[/quote']

He played very well in the first half of that match, missed two one-on-ones, the first half finished 1-0 to Fenerbahce, then they went on to win the game 5-2:eek: .

Anyway, after that game Bursaspor did not win for 5 league games, until they beat Trabzonspor 2-1 with Sercan scoring in the 88th minute. Another loss a couple of days later meant the manager at the time was sacked and former Besiktas manager Ertuğrul Sağlam was appointed. Since his appointment, Bursaspor lost in the cup 2-0 against Fenerbahce and then won their next two games, a 6-0 win in the cup which Sercan scored three goals and a 2-0 win in the league last week against BÜYÜKŞEHİR BLD.SPOR, Sercan once again scored.

So, in summary, since the league has started Yildirim has played every week apart from the 3rd and 14th week scoring 8 league goals, which meant he is the joint 3rd top goalscorer in the league and joint second Turkish top goalscorer in the league.

He has played 3 cup games, scoring 3 goals.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

He made his international debut for Turkey last night' date=' coming on as a 74th-minute sub for Mehmet Topal in the 0-1 defeat to France. :)[/quote']

It wasn't his debut mate, his debut was a couple of days before, against Azerbaijan coming on the 63rd minute, replacing Tuncay while it was 0-0, the game finished 2-0.

Sercan passed it to Arda who crossed for Halil Altintop to score and apparently in general played very well, quoting my dad.

I didn't watch the match as I had a exam the next day but when I saw the match highlights Sercan was doing very well.

I was however, able to watch him in last nights game against France and he played very well once again.

His stats for the 2008/09 season

Turkcell Super Lig - 30 matches, 25 starts 2171 minutes and 11 goals(joint 8th top goalscorer in the league).

Turkish Cup - 5 matches, 4 starts, 351 minutes 3 goals.

Turkish National Team - 2 matches, 0 starts, 43 minutes, 0 goals.

Turkish U21 team - 4 matches, 4 starts, 272 minutes, 1 goal.

Turkish U19 team - 3 matches, 3 starts, 270 minutes, 2 goals.

I don't know if anyone has seen it but there's been reports from several sources that he's headed to the UK, specifically to Tottenham and Manchester City, there's also strong rumors of signing for Fenerbahce, they came to signing him in January.

• 1 month later...