El Capitan - Revamped

This gameworld will be based off El Capitan, which is basically an u21 gameworld, where teams are allowed 2 players over 21... a Captain, who is 30+ and a Vice Captain, whom will be 27-30

Credits to animattion and especially pedro for the original idea !

Set-up:

- Empty squads;

- 220M initial budget;

- 16 clubs, 2 divisions of 8;

- Signing age cap at 21 yo, with the exceptions below;

- Each team will have a captain (player with 30 yo or more) and a vice-captain (player between 27 and 30 yo); Rating cap 90-94

- Squad cap of 25 players.

There will be a prize system. There will be 8 categories:

- Div 1 winner;

- Div 2 winner;

- Cup winner;

- Best attack in league;

- Best defence in league;

- Club with the league topscorer;

- Club with the wimmer of most "Man of the Match" awards in the league;

- Best captain, in terms of post-match grade average.

No manager can claim more than 1 prize per season, even if he wins more than 1 category.

Prize system

- Season 2: a manager who wins one category in season 1 will be able to sign a player with 32 yo or more;

- Season 3: a manager who wins one category in season 2 will be able to sign a player with 31 yo;

- Season 4: a manager who wins one category in season 3 will be able to sign a player with 30 yo;

- Season 5: a manager who wins one category in season 4 will be able to sign a player with 29 yo;

- Season 6: a manager who wins one category in season 5 will be able to sign a player with 28 yo;

- Season 7: a manager who wins one category in season 6 will be able to sign a player with 27 yo;

- Season 8: a manager who wins one category in season 7 will be able to sign a player with 26 yo;

- Season 9: a manager who wins one category in season 8 will be able to sign a player with 25 yo;

- Season 10: a manager who wins one category in season 9 will be able to sign a player with 24 yo;

- Season 11: a manager who wins one category in season 10 will be able to sign a player with 23 yo;

- Season 12: a manager who wins one category in season 11 will be able to sign a player with 22 yo;

- From season 13 onwards, whoever wins a category of the previou season can sign 1 player over 21

Managers

-me

-pedro

-rahul

-kroos

-KJ KJ

-Michael (Huddo)son

-Cookiemonster

-Flicksandtricks (HD King)

-Jimmy Gouldie

-Iniestazo

-Andrés Pad

-Gozzy

-Cvilhete (Caio Cesar)

-Altai,

-Captain Random

-Stipe

Clubs:

Division 1.

Monchengladbach - Barca Kes

1. FC Koln - KJ KJ

Liverpool - Huddo

Everton - Cookie 

Valencia - Altai

Sevilla - Iniestazo

Lille - Captain random

Paris Saint Germain - Jimmy Gouldie (still needs to apply)

Division 2.

Juventus - Stipe

Udinese Calcio - Caio Cesar

VfB Stuttgart - Rahul

Eintracht Frankfurt - Toni Kroos

Chelsea - Andres Pad

Newcastle United - HD King

Athletic Club (Bilbao) - Pedro

Atletico Madrid - Adam Rosenthal

GAMEWORLD ID: 255851

Name: El Capitan 2.0

If you want to switch clubs for some reason, ask someone and if they agree let me know !

Reserves list:

Jonny Red

Gusimran

Gozzy 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot to mention that El Capitán's concept was almost entirely designed by myself.  ;)

Like the under 21 thingy and the prize player system.

Matt had only come up with the captain and VC thingy, which imo wasn't that interesting.

I remember suggesting the under 23 change, but I personally would keep it under 21 for now.

It would be easy to readjust the prize player system, but my setup is under 23, so I guess the similarity may turn some people off.

You can count me in ofc.

Make it short tho (16 clubs), so not to facing the problems that ruined the 1st one.

Yes.. a few people agreed on the u23 as well though. 

As for removing the captain system... we'll see about that. 

I'm okay with under 23 too.

The only change you'd need is this: instead of stopping on the 22 yo prize player and then moving on to 22+ yo prize players, each season, you'd stop at a 24 yo prize player and then you'd be able to claim any 24+ yo prize player per season.

Provided you win one of the categories ofc.

Like whats happening with this, I enjoyed the first setup :D

I usually fnished mid table (last setup) so my team didnt really improve an I got a few silly offers for players

some sort of t/l system were Capt/Vcaptain must be sold after each season*? Or relegated teams only

promoted or winners may select any 18-20 yr old capped @ 85

with that a 28yr V/c  ... 30 Capt ,rating caps 88/90

once any other player hits 26  must be sold ...generates cash?

21-24 yr old players rating cap 86, squad cap 28

(unless promoted or a winner, you may carry that player for 1 season or sell him or sell another of your players ,but not internal,an must accept non interal asap)

*....must do 2 or 3 deals with 2 or 3 different teams randomly selected but known at the start

not sure if any of the above would work, due to the t/l ban lenght

anyways just some ideas,nothing more,nothing less :P

yes, an interested ;)

Problem with the captain system @cookie is that some teams had a disadvantage due to the limit of quality players over 30... (with the rating cap), so some teams had captains that were 94s and some had captains that were 90 or 91... which i believe is a good reason to do away with the system of the captains, but remain with the rest of the general rules. 

Just sent out a few invites we're halfway to the goal of 16 managers :)

Problem with the captain system @cookie is that some teams had a disadvantage due to the limit of quality players over 30... (with the rating cap), so some teams had captains that were 94s and some had captains that were 90 or 91... which i believe is a good reason to do away with the system of the captains, but remain with the rest of the general rules. 

Just sent out a few invites we're halfway to the goal of 16 managers :)

yes I know thats why I mentioned selling the Capt/Vc's asap

eg: say to the lowest Div2 who would get his players an visa versa  ...stright swop/s

an no, I didnt get a mid way invite :P:eek:  yet ;):lol:

Very true Rahul ;p

oh and  i meant i invited people to join when i launch it, the gameworld hasnt been launched yet.

Gusimran said he'd like to join but ofc he's busy... so i'll have him down as a 50/50 atm. 

Good point Cookie, not sure if that will work though, if the d1 team has  40mil captain and the d2 team has a 10mil captain lol. And honestly, there were a few good captains available that people didnt pick up (like how i got Modric in season 3 lol).

The fact that some teams went unmanaged and got messed up didnt help their causes, plus that one guy who had bascically ruined Harimau Muda i think before Rahul took over, these general shortcomings would be helped by reducing the number of teams ofc, and secondly....

secondly, prize player system helps the best teams get better, well except the dead last one (though there's about 5 prizes, and no team was allowed to win more than one), so instead of a 30+ prize player, prize player can be a 22 year old, then a 23 year old, then a 24 year old, etc as the seasons go by. (that way you dont have guys like Ibra and Ronaldo as prize players)

So far we've agreed on 

1) 2 divisions = 8x2

-Do we keep the 1 auto promoted and 1 playoff promoted format? ^

2) Budget range of 200-240mil... i'll go closer to the 240 if we do the captains ;p

3) Maintain U21 system over the u23

If i remember right as well, the teams that won prizes were:

D1 winner, D2 winner, (not sure if d2 playoff winner got one, i don't think so.), Cup winner, Best attack (most goals for), best defense (least goals against), best captain (highest avg rating) and finishing dead last in d2. 

with a 16 team league almost half of them win a prize player since no team was allowed more than 1 prize. 

Very true Rahul ;p

oh and  i meant i invited people to join when i launch it, the gameworld hasnt been launched yet.

Gusimran said he'd like to join but ofc he's busy... so i'll have him down as a 50/50 atm. 

Good point Cookie, not sure if that will work though, if the d1 team has  40mil captain and the d2 team has a 10mil captain lol. And honestly, there were a few good captains available that people didnt pick up (like how i got Modric in season 3 lol).

The fact that some teams went unmanaged and got messed up didnt help their causes, plus that one guy who had bascically ruined Harimau Muda i think before Rahul took over, these general shortcomings would be helped by reducing the number of teams ofc, and secondly....

secondly, prize player system helps the best teams get better, well except the dead last one (though there's about 5 prizes, and no team was allowed to win more than one), so instead of a 30+ prize player, prize player can be a 22 year old, then a 23 year old, then a 24 year old, etc as the seasons go by. (that way you dont have guys like Ibra and Ronaldo as prize players)

So far we've agreed on 

1) 2 divisions = 8x2

-Do we keep the 1 auto promoted and 1 playoff promoted format? ^

2) Budget range of 200-240mil... i'll go closer to the 240 if we do the captains ;p

3) Maintain U21 system over the u23

If i remember right as well, the teams that won prizes were:

D1 winner, D2 winner, (not sure if d2 playoff winner got one, i don't think so.), Cup winner, Best attack (most goals for), best defense (least goals against), best captain (highest avg rating) and finishing dead last in d2. 

with a 16 team league almost half of them win a prize player since no team was allowed more than 1 prize. 

True, just trying to keep the t/l active ;)

1) sounds good

2) maybe 2 an 2

3) so 21 upto 23yrd old then sold? *thinking about the t/l ,hence the worst team could buy one of them

4)Not sure how to sort/fix the Capt -V/c dilemma

If the capt/Vc is a headache then ditch it ,but the t/l would then need to be active *imo

For the rest of us,we get 1 player say rated 86 to keep an or sell *maybe radomly drawn*

If the player is of no use or not required ,then sold (external/internal)

the manager then buys 1 : say 86 rated player age/d 23-25

prehaps allowing t/l windows to open close ...not sure if 7 match weeks ? an if  that would work?

with squad cap at 25 for eg: Manager needs to offload a player

(Not sure on Transfer ban lenght, so not sure if that will work, esp with 7 weeks of matchs?)

If the above was implmented,the setup could/might be renamed : Managers Dilemma

anyways just idea/rumblings .... back to baking some homemade cookies :P

*gasp*

One last thing... can we all agree on a starting budget? Since the player values are more now (it's u21 though)

i'm thinking a range of 200-240mil ?

Yeah, I'd say 220M is appropriate.

Also, I suggest only 8 (half) prize players per season.

If almost everyone wins a prize, it will seem like one of those kid contests/competitions, where everyone gets a trophy.  :P

I'd say:

- Division 1 winner;

- Division 2 winner;

- Cup winner;

- Best attack (league);

- Best defence (league);

- Captain with highest average post-match grade (league);

- Topscorer (league);

- Player with most "Man of the Match" nominations.

Finally, if you're struggling finding the remaining managers, just tell me and I'll find the rest in a heartbeat.  :)