Buy Me Out v2.0

Rahul W

Buy Me Out v2.0 (ID- 253816)

As we all know, all those who were in Buy Me Out enjoyed it throughly. Thanks to Gursimran, we were able to run the GW successfully and the concept worked out well too. However, the GW is currently declining with unmanaged clubs and a rogue cheater.

I'd like to introduce a v2.0 to this one. An improved version.

Link to original GW- http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/151199-buy-me-out/

Rules:

16 teams (3 up 3 down plus play-off)

Empty squads

200 M budget

Squad cap of 26, minimum is 23

Stadium cap of 45k to 55k

Transfers: A normal empty squad GW. After TBs expire then custom rules kick in. Buy-outs are basically a manager buying a player at base price. First bid has to be accepted. The system works as follows: make a bid, post on newsfeed. PM manager/me if bid isn't accepted.

Can activate 2 Buy-out clauses from other clubs in a season
Maximum 3 player's Buy-out clauses can be activated of a club in a season
Age cap of 21 from external clubs (after the initial transfers)
One player above 21 can be bought every season (after the initial transfers)

Punishments for not following the age cap/O-21 rule/squad cap: the player in question is banned from playing, has to be sold once TB expires. Also transfer ban for manager till the situation is resolved. Others can still buyout the guilty manager's player(s).

Prize players:

D1- extra buy-out for any player

D2- extra buy-out for any player (D1 gets first choice)

Cup- extra buy-out for an under-25 player (rated below 91)

Teams:

D1:

1. FC Koln- Ruth Malosso

2. Fenerbahce- Morgan Schneiderlin

3. Huracan- HD King

4. Botafago- Robsoar

5. Colo Colo- Cookiemonster

6. Monterrey- Barca Kes

7. Junior FC- Adam Rosenthal

8. Feyenoord- Luke Buxton

D2:

1. FC Nurnberg- Steve Willzy

2. Galatasaray- Huwzee

3. Velez Sarsfield- Gursimran

4. Corinthians- Jimmy Gouldie

5. Universidad de Chile- KJ KJ

6. Chivas Guadalajara- Rahul W

7. Independiente Medellin- Shaun Stokes

8. Ajax- Huddo

You know I'm interested.

I'd prefer empty squads with 200 mil or less make it a real challenge with budget.

Squad cap 25 players - keeps the market alive with more players available.

2 divisions of 8 sounds good.

Prize player for division and cup winners.

Are we sticking with same number of buyouts?

We don't need to use transfermarkt as sm values are OK on buyouts right?

Interested ofc.

I'd prefer empty squads to build my own team though =)

You know I'm interested.

I'd prefer empty squads with 200 mil or less make it a real challenge with budget.

Empty squads makes more sense, yeah, I was just exploring other options.

Yes, a squad cap of 25, I'd agree with this, so that loaning out players wouldn't be an option.

200 mil sounds good.

Prize player, as well, it's already in place.

Think we'll stick to same number of buyouts, it is the perfect balance.

Re. Transfermarkt: Yup, I agree, given that the values there don't match with SM vals anymore.

You know I'm interested.

I'm interested too, didn't really get a chance to explore the GW as it went to s, but this post pretty much sums up what I think it should be like.

For the prize player we just need to come up with a way how it is really different from the buy-outs, maybe only from external or something.

I'm interested too, didn't really get a chance to explore the GW as it went to ######s, but this post pretty much sums up what I think it should be like.

For the prize player we just need to come up with a way how it is really different from the buy-outs, maybe only from external or something.

Yup  :)

Prize player is something we need to figure. I'm trying to think of a way to make this a bit different from the current setup (excluding squad cap difference and all).

I'm certainly in, I loved the initial concept that kept the GW fresh and I've always been in favour of squad caps. These proposals stop GW's stagnating, prevent player hogging and keep the transfer market fluid.

Jimmy

Got you down!  ;)

Good to see the original managers show an interest, but it would be great if others would join too :) 

Yes I would be down for Buy Me Out v2.0

Couple of points from me, i'd go along with using SM values as the buy-out valuations as they are similar to the transfermarkt ones now. I would also be in favour of having the 'prize' for winning the league to be a 3rd buy-out.

I would stick with the current 2 buy-outs allowed per team per season and 3 buy-outs of their players per team per season, with the one external over 21 per team per season too.

Would the starting budget be 200M or 300M, I would prefer 300M - but that being said a starting budget of 200M would make the game world much more challenging and ensure all of the top players were not bought at once. So from a more challenging perspective I would go for the 200M starting budget.

Luke have you posted something? Because I got the email notification, but can't see the post, hmmm.

I tried to make an account just post on this topic :)

My main points were:

2 buy-out clauses, 3 buy-outs can be activated (Can buy one over 21 external)

Prizes: Extra buy-out clause

200M starting budget 

Start asap

I tried to make an account just post on this topic :)

My main points were:

2 buy-out clauses, 3 buy-outs can be activated (Can buy one over 21 external)

Prizes: Extra buy-out clause

200M starting budget 

Start asap

Think thats how it will be, not sure about start though. Think Guri has right to decide as I dont want it clashing with the current one.

Think thats how it will be, not sure about start though. Think Guri has right to decide as I dont want it clashing with the current one.

Fair call, but I think the current one has reached its end with the current manager turmoil, the chances of saving it are slim especially with the Juventus scenario now - i'm all for trying but I don't want to waste time on it when we could have put the time in to starting the new one

Fair call, but I think the current one has reached its end with the current manager turmoil, the chances of saving it are slim especially with the Juventus scenario now - i'm all for trying but I don't want to waste time on it when we could have put the time in to starting the new one

I agree with this and is the only reason I left the original one looking forward to this starting up ;)