One fiasco after another...

fathomer

Is there any interest in the multi player game any more? By the staff that is?

Current issues in various game worlds -

Fixtures not drawn for SMFA competitions

Money vanishing from every clubs account, often at random.

Players wages spiralling to levels that are unaffordable - even for my Man Utd and Chelsea!

Not enough sponsorship and TV money to compensate - which is what happens in the real World.

The new interface is hideous. I have moderately poor eye sight, and the reason I dumped the single player game (which the new interface simply apes) is because I couldn't read half of the stats without my nose (literally) to the screen! Nice one! The 'for the phone' idea of various boxes reminds me of the Windows 8.1 calamity, as SMFA have taken a perfectly good, easy to use GUI, and turned it into an over complex, 'for the hipsters' new version.

The new transfer fee's are ludicrous. They are no longer realistic given the price of players outside the 'golden few', these days, and asking £30 million odd for a half decent defender makes a mockery of the game.

The new formations are a joke. Using 3-5-2 as but one example, half the players that would (in reality) be able to fit it, are now 'not fully suited'. Yeah, right...

The way the game engine now works, every 'big club' is going to win, and win by a big margin. They do.

Added to that, and partly because of it, every league title race is now like the Monaco GP. Once you are in front from the start of the season, it's over... 

Worst of all, no-one is taking on board a single complaint any one is making.

As I said at the start, SMFA, do you want us to carry on using the multi player version?

Be honest now...

Great post. Summed up everything wrong but I could not be bothered to write up myself. 

Of all the cosmetic, money & value problems managing to mess up the game engine is just terrible.

Its so boring if you have a good team now you just win.. win... win & normally by between four & seven goals.

Thats not football. Thats how you kill enjoyment & competition. 

Match engine is boring now. Ive lost only one game after I forgot to change my team after a cup game. The rest I win and often the opposition dont have a shot on target. Both my teams now have record winning streaks.

I'll probably stop playing the game when the boredom sets in or my teams run out of money due to the wages.

A lot of people complaining about stronger teams winning easily but I don't think that's too bad. It is a strategy based game, if you have the initial advantage and the better tactics you should win. And by using right tactics you can beat stronger teams, I ve done it recently. If I'm playing against unmanaged weaker teams I ll win for sure unless I have injuries or something because they can't set tactics. If that's what your complaining about it can't be helped because if weaker teams do set tactics it'll be unfair when they're effective against one manager but bad against another.

More over there aren't guarantees that the stronger team will win, just like real life football. I drew with Swansea in a friendly using Man city and fielding a much better 11 than theirs.

And if you say teams like man Utd and Chelsea are struggling to cope with salary then that's better too. In reality they don't have unlimited wages to play. The game simulates your teams popularity based on results and hence incomes from merchandise, gate receipts etc so there is a provision for successful clubs being able to pay greater salary but if you're so far ahead that you're buying almost all the good players and ending up with salaries of 5M or so then it's better that you can't afford it.

It's realistic because while a successful team gets more fans it doesn't go past a number because only so many people watch football in the world and many of them stay loyal to their teams regardless of results

And if you say teams like man Utd and Chelsea are struggling to cope with salary then that's better too. In reality they don't have unlimited wages to play. The game simulates your teams popularity based on results and hence incomes from merchandise, gate receipts etc so there is a provision for successful clubs being able to pay greater salary but if you're so far ahead that you're buying almost all the good players and ending up with salaries of 5M or so then it's better that you can't afford it.

It's realistic because while a successful team gets more fans it doesn't go past a number because only so many people watch football in the world and many of them stay loyal to their teams regardless of results.

You are obviously not in touch with reality. The 'big four' in every major league in Europe pay wages way over and above what 'the rest' can pay. That's why the EPl is so boring, that's why every league sees a small number of teams dominating every competition.. The same faces win the league, cup, and succeed in Europe, and the same faces dominate the CL places. Since the EPl was formed we have seen, in just 25 years, a dominance by the wealthiest clubs not seen in 90 years of FL history. Fact. These are also the only clubs that can pay these wages now. In the early days of the EPl, the likes of Villa, Newcastle etc could still pull big names, but now? No chance.

On the other side of the coin, the big four are also, as they always have been, the best supported clubs. They sell the most merchandise, have the biggest gate receipts, attract the wealthiest sponsors. As such, they also have the biggest squads!

What keeps football afloat though, full stop, is TV revenue. If Murdoch pulled the plug tomorrow on the EPL, it would be a disaster. The whole house of cards would come crashing. As it would in Spain, Germany, Italy etc. All the top accountants will tell you that if revenue is being exceeded by wages, something is very wrong with your business. Every single club in the top tier of every major league has a higher wage bill that it does income, by a huge margin. The reason? Because Bosman managed to ruin (for the fans) the existing contractual arrangements resulting in the 'pay me 10 mil or I walk' situation we have today, and because TV money now soaks up ludicrous wage demands.

Either way your argument is flawed.

A lot of people complaining about stronger teams winning easily but I don't think that's too bad. It is a strategy based game, if you have the initial advantage and the better tactics you should win. And by using right tactics you can beat stronger teams, I ve done it recently. If I'm playing against unmanaged weaker teams I ll win for sure unless I have injuries or something because they can't set tactics. If that's what your complaining about it can't be helped because if weaker teams do set tactics it'll be unfair when they're effective against one manager but bad against another.

More over there aren't guarantees that the stronger team will win, just like real life football. I drew with Swansea in a friendly using Man city and fielding a much better 11 than theirs.

You don't think having twelve teams, each of which have painstakingly built up over years of playing the game, all of which, for the first time ever, win, week in week out, is a tad unusual? Really? You don't think money going walkabout randomly is anything to worry about? Teams winning the league simply because they dropped one less point that everyone else, and being on top since day one isn't boring? 

How would you recommend to make the game more interesting in old game worlds where one team dominates?

I have played in those game Worlds and won them. It takes, I dunno, skill? Patience? Tactical nous? The ability, now taken away, to build squads with better players over time?

To make the game better? Simple. Scrap the new engine, scrap the rubbish new, and completely unrealistic financial model, and go back to the previous versions.

Easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any interest in the multi player game any more? By the staff that is?

Current issues in various game worlds -

Fixtures not drawn for SMFA competitions

Money vanishing from every clubs account, often at random.

Players wages spiralling to levels that are unaffordable - even for my Man Utd and Chelsea!

Not enough sponsorship and TV money to compensate - which is what happens in the real World.

The new interface is hideous. I have moderately poor eye sight, and the reason I dumped the single player game (which the new interface simply apes) is because I couldn't read half of the stats without my nose (literally) to the screen! Nice one! The 'for the phone' idea of various boxes reminds me of the Windows 8.1 calamity, as SMFA have taken a perfectly good, easy to use GUI, and turned it into an over complex, 'for the hipsters' new version.

The new transfer fee's are ludicrous. They are no longer realistic given the price of players outside the 'golden few', these days, and asking £30 million odd for a half decent defender makes a mockery of the game.

The new formations are a joke. Using 3-5-2 as but one example, half the players that would (in reality) be able to fit it, are now 'not fully suited'. Yeah, right...

The way the game engine now works, every 'big club' is going to win, and win by a big margin. They do.

Added to that, and partly because of it, every league title race is now like the Monaco GP. Once you are in front from the start of the season, it's over... 

Worst of all, no-one is taking on board a single complaint any one is making.

As I said at the start, SMFA, do you want us to carry on using the multi player version?

Be honest now...

You can add on to that list, the best clubs getting very generous cash injections while the far poorer clubs get nothing...... 

SM needs to stand up and say something about all these 'improvements' as of late 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see no progress has been made since I posted this - despite the moderators promising they were 'looking into the issues'.

I can see no point in carrying on now, although I have to congratulate the SMFA team. It takes real guts, real balls, to take a perfectly working, thoroughly enjoyable game - and totally trash it.

Well done!

I am getting very little pleasure out of a game where I have to sell my best players to stop falling into the red, where cash vanishes for no apparent reason, and odd times of the day or week, where I cannot buy players of quality any more as my clubs are, as above losing money all the time, I cannot check previous years results in context as the schedules have gone, and the new transfer fees are laughable given the new finance system. Add in that if you have a half decent side you win every week, but even then, drop one point, just one, and the title race is over.

It's become a big fat waste of time.

Again, well done.