Sign in to follow this  
Steven

Prize Money

Soccer Manager Worlds was relaunched on 2 December, 2015, to celebrate our 10th anniversary. The relaunch included numerous changes to the Game World economy which you can read about here.

Whenever we make any changes to the game we always listen to our communities feedback and monitor the impact of these changes. Due to this we have made adjustments to the allocation of prize money:

Domestic Competitions

• Increased league prize money threefold;
  • Cup winners get 500K for each round that they played in;
  • Cup runners-up get 250K for each round that they played in.

SMFA Cup

• 1M prize money for each knockout stage progression;
  • Winner receives 20M;
  • Runner-up receives 10M.

SMFA Shield

• 500K prize money for each knockout stage progression;
  • Winner receives 10M;
  • Runner-up receives 5M.

We believe that the new prize money is now more realistic and also more in-line with the recent changes that we have made to the Game World economy.

Is there any hope to getting the bug fixed whereby you don't actually receive prize money gained in the SMFA competitions? Numerous tickets submitted by those in 7046, 7777 etc. All closed with the standard no bug present. No point rising the amount of money given if you don't get it anyway...

no

Is there any hope to getting the bug fixed whereby you don't actually receive prize money gained in the SMFA competitions? Numerous tickets submitted by those in 7046, 7777 etc. All closed with the standard no bug present. No point rising the amount of money given if you don't get it anyway...

not just SMFA comps Will, all cup comps.

I always take the time to praise SM when they take a step in the right direction, but I also feel a duty to point out when a change results in a step in the wrong direction.

I recently discovered that the larger clubs in SM will often get massive cash injections (30-50 mil as I've seen it) at the start of the new season, I suppose to help them preserve their status as large clubs and maybe even mimic an aspect of real world football economy (rich chairmen spending their own money on the club). If this change is not removed from the game, I can assure you that managers en masse will leave the smaller clubs in SM, as it will make it impossible to compete with the bigger clubs. As a result, SM will be left with even more game worlds where only 10 or so teams are taken in an 80 team game world, and the game's best custom and regular setups will diminish heavily in quality.

Please take action to reverse this change before it is too late. At the very least, it should not be applied retroactively to setups already created before this change was introduced, and new setups should have the option to turn the change on or off. Default setups, like English Championships, should start with this feature off.

There definately seems an effort to create a gulf between the big and small clubs. In fairness big clubs clout in SM is greatly diminished and small clubs have flourished.  In GC1 there is a team whose real life stadium is under 10,000 yet sits aloft the top of their division with 250 players with the biggest wage bill in the setup. Traditionally big teams like a Tottenham languish seemingly unable to compete. It has gone mad. 

The changes have gone too far though. I thought I had a sensible squad of around 40-50 players but even that is too many if I want to break even.