Sign in to follow this  
Jamie3184

Soccerwiki

To me, and I am sure there are many other players of the game that agree, Soccerwiki has never worked since it's inception.

I realise it was incorporated into the game as a means of bringing the community together, increasing activity around scouting players and to ease the burden of player ratings/changes on SM staff.

It seems to be a huge after thought to the game what with the new UI being forced onto the game. I really feel that either a re vamp or a a new way of ratings/updates to players would improve the game much more than a fancy new skin to the interface.

Is there any plans on developing Soccerwiki or how ratings/player changes are dealt with?

To me, and I am sure there are many other players of the game that agree, Soccerwiki has never worked since it's inception.

I realise it was incorporated into the game as a means of bringing the community together, increasing activity around scouting players and to ease the burden of player ratings/changes on SM staff.

It seems to be a huge after thought to the game what with the new UI being forced onto the game. I really feel that either a re vamp or a a new way of ratings/updates to players would improve the game much more than a fancy new skin to the interface.

Is there any plans on developing Soccerwiki or how ratings/player changes are dealt with?

Even tho I completely agree, mate, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Unfortunately this issue has been rasied several times, with no practical results whatsoever. :/

Even tho I completely agree, mate, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Unfortunately this issue has been rasied several times, with no practical results whatsoever. :/

I know what you mean, I have asked the question before multiple times in different threads and had no feedback from an SM Dev however I am hoping that creating a thread and having people take interest in the issue might elicit a response.

I know what you mean, I have asked the question before multiple times in different threads and had no feedback from an SM Dev however I am hoping that creating a thread and having people take interest in the issue might elicit a response.

Let's hope it ain't too late!

I'm afraid loads people have raised this issue in the past and unfrotunately nothing has changed.

Kudos for creating this thread tho, mate!

Have to disagree, been involved with it for several years and its served its main purpose brilliantly.

It has enabled a current and expansive database to populate the game. Users globally can submit updates and the DB can be updated overnight, ensuring squads & player data is up to date.

The 'ratings' however is and always will be an issue, just how do you maintain it? Ideally you would need a global review after every weekend to please everyone, with ratings fluctuating upon a players form. With 85K+ players in game, not going to happen.

They should IMO altogether remove the now minimal Up/Down arrow (notice how you just get some text saying you voted up/down, but its not recorded under your activity) I have always stressed and maintained the ratings change feature was misleading and had no impact what so ever. Just finally phase it out SW and you solve alot of arguments!

On a plus, for a good 6+months now a consistent league by league review structure has been occurring. But still players are missed out/overlooked, but IMO this has always been an issue even since before SW!

Have to disagree, been involved with it for several years and its served its main purpose brilliantly.

It has enabled a current and expansive database to populate the game. Users globally can submit updates and the DB can be updated overnight, ensuring squads & player data is up to date.

The 'ratings' however is and always will be an issue, just how do you maintain it? Ideally you would need a global review after every weekend to please everyone, with ratings fluctuating upon a players form. With 85K+ players in game, not going to happen.

They should IMO altogether remove the now minimal Up/Down arrow (notice how you just get some text saying you voted up/down, but its not recorded under your activity) I have always stressed and maintained the ratings change feature was misleading and had no impact what so ever. Just finally phase it out SW and you solve alot of arguments!

On a plus, for a good 6+months now a consistent league by league review structure has been occurring. But still players are missed out/overlooked, but IMO this has always been an issue even since before SW!

Imo, given the huge amount of data that needs updating (player ratings needing to be reviewed regualrly, etc), there should be at least 20 trustworthy people who would take care of everything.

For instance, you have a bunch of kids, who know almost nothing about football, voting on rises for youngsters who barely get any game time irl.

There's a voting going on, about adding AA Flamengo as the 2015 Brazilian Série A winners.

A while ago, some muppet submitted a change to remove Spain's 2012 Euro title.

There's loads of important cups (continental NT comps) that are listed as tournaments at a global level and / or club competitions.

There's also club competitions, at a continental level, that have a lot of missing/incorrect data.

There's an enormous quantity of league - and especially cup - winners missing.

There's plenty of bugs/malfunctions - naturally it's impossible to keep track of everything, but I feel the admins (or some of them) have been neglecting SW recently, over the past year or so.

I obviously recognise it's a lot of work, so we must cut SW some slack.

Anyway, the review calendar is a good thing and a step forward.

I really believe SW's biggest issue is neglect and criterium - letting everyone, despite their football knowledge, add and vote for stuff. 

Why would a player be retired?

I had a bid pending for Kylian Mbappe but now no sign of him & in other game worlds where a team owns him has the 'retiring at end of season' message. 

From what I can see his info checks out as correct. Strange one. 

Why would a player be retired?

I had a bid pending for Kylian Mbappe but now no sign of him & in other game worlds where a team owns him has the 'retiring at end of season' message. 

From what I can see his info checks out as correct. Strange one. 

I believe this is because someone decide to edit an old players details to become Kylian Mbappe on SW- and despite it being rejected by an admin - it still got through the big guys above the admins and was changed.

Now they have realised their error SW will remove the player

not 100% sure but that's what I thought I heard

I believe this is because someone decide to edit an old players details to become Kylian Mbappe on SW- and despite it being rejected by an admin - it still got through the big guys above the admins and was changed.

Now they have realised their error SW will remove the player

not 100% sure but that's what I thought I heard

^ this is true.

If you look at his Soccerwiki profile it is for an older Gueugnon player, someone just changed the name.

*having cross checked the players history, found it to be 1 cap Guinea striker Aboubacar Sylla

so far 5 players have been found where this has occurred - and have all now been deleted and set to retire

The account was identfied on SW and has been banned.

I realise you will never have anything negative to say about Soccerwiki due to your involvement but served it's purpose brilliantly?! I'm afraid not.

Users can "try" to submit updates, with little to no guarantee that a genuine update will be approved. I've had numerous players rejected that have a good amount of first team minutes, i've had to go as far as sending yourself a PM to have this rectified.

The expansive database would be great if it was entirely needed however it isn't, it is populated with numerous players that have had little to no actual minutes on the pitch in a first team capacity. The old rule of having to have played a set amount of minutes was much better. It also makes it much harder for admins to keep on top of data and updates.

The database is most certainly not updated overnight and squads/player data is definitely not up to date. On the rare occasion I have had a player accepted it has taken much longer than 24 hours for them to appear on the database.

It either needs a revamp or done away with.

I just found 2 other malfunctions.

Whenever I try submitting a data pack, I click on "save" and then it freezes.

And yesterday, I tried changing Romania's away kit.

I even ticked off that "secondary kit" box.

Now, the voting is about changing the traditional Romanian home kit (yellow) for the one I wanted to be adopted as the away kit.

And I can't delete it! :mad:

I suspect many people are experiencing this problem, as several home kits are equal to the away ones, like the English and Swedish kits.

I messaged SW almost a month ago and no response... <_<

I realise you will never have anything negative to say about Soccerwiki due to your involvement but served it's purpose brilliantly?! I'm afraid not.

Users can "try" to submit updates, with little to no guarantee that a genuine update will be approved. I've had numerous players rejected that have a good amount of first team minutes, i've had to go as far as sending yourself a PM to have this rectified.

The expansive database would be great if it was entirely needed however it isn't, it is populated with numerous players that have had little to no actual minutes on the pitch in a first team capacity. The old rule of having to have played a set amount of minutes was much better. It also makes it much harder for admins to keep on top of data and updates.

The database is most certainly not updated overnight and squads/player data is definitely not up to date. On the rare occasion I have had a player accepted it has taken much longer than 24 hours for them to appear on the database.

It either needs a revamp or done away with.

Agree to disagree Jamie3184 but as a database, its serves its purpose rather well. 

If your talking about New players being added, they dont take 24 hours, even my additions take several days to be written into the game. Juan Calero of Pachuca was one of mine, i submitted him on Jan 20th, took about 10 days to get on the game. Thats not an issue in my eyes. If you have 'new players' you are getting rejected, il happily try and add them for you.

85K+ players in game, there would need an army to ensure it was up to date daily. Can assure you most player edits that are approved are live within 24/48 hours - 30th Jan saw 157 edits go live.

Emil HALLRFREDSON

Jefferson DUQUE

both signed for new clubs on 30th Jan, i approved edits at 2am 31/1 so should be there Monday, Tuesday latest.

And what SW think themselves may be 'genuine' may not be in SW devs opinion. As an admin i just help sort the false ones first.

Feel free to send me you SW handle and i will keep an eye out for your edits and approve the correct ones which could pus them through faster if SW also agree on them

i submitted it yesterday, lets see...

My submissions bypass voting as an admin. Lets see what SM think

Thanking you. There really is no reason why he should hold onto that positioning. I appreciate that there is a whole raft of players that need editing, and doing so consistently is a hard task, you can't keep everyone happy, but the more visual players, the highest rated ones need to be attended to properly. Should be setting the standard with the more visual guys at the least.

Thanks again. I eagerly await

While you are there Xabi Alonso played about 3 games as a CB for Bayern in september and Still ahs the CB position, Same as Nacho Monreal, who covered for 4 or 5 games for us last year in a pinch. Zabaleta also hasnt plaeyd at LB for god knows how long.