I mentioned in a blog post last week that going forward any updates to Soccer Manager Worlds will be released in versions. So the first update since our relaunch to celebrate 10 years of Soccer Manager is v2.01.

The big news that I want to shout about is the introduction of a 2D matchday experience into our two test Game Worlds, IDs 238724 & 239094, as well as in English Championship 2154 (Game World ID 17658) and Gold Championship 7 (Game World ID 3065). In my post last week I explained how i'd had access to this for the past few months and enjoyed watching my Castilla's matches via a 2D overhead view of the pitch. I'm still enjoying watching my games this way and think it's better than the traditional commentary because you can see the action unfold in front of you.

The 2D matchday experience is currently in Beta and if you'd like to help test it and provide feedback, please feel free to apply for a team in either of our two test Game Worlds or alternatively join either English Championship 2154 or Gold Championship 7. I'm sure you'll agree with me in that it's a massive addition to the game and will enhance your matchday experience.

v2.01 also contains numerous bug fixes and improvements to the new user interface (UI). This wouldn't have been possible without your help, so a big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to provide feedback over the past few weeks. I think that with this latest update the new UI has taken a massive step forward and we're getting to the point where the old one will eventually be phased out. So please keep your feedback coming as this is invaluable.

When we made changes back in December to the algorithm for calculating a player's value, it was changed to include the player's potential rating and any concerns they may have, as well as what was taken into account before: rating, age and position. However, this led to some fluctuations in a player's value and we have now smoothed this out to stop drastic fluctuations on a daily basis.

We've also made the penalties for players playing out of position harsher based on your feedback. I won't go into exact detail of what the penalties are but I will say that I won't be playing a player out of position unless i'm forced to due to a lack of options because of injuries and/or suspensions!

The last update to tell you about in v2.01 are improvements to the free Custom Game World that you receive when your reputation is 45+. There are numerous managers who've invited their friends to join them in Soccer Manager Worlds and take a club in the new Custom Game World that they've created. As a thank you to those that have filled their Custom Game World, you will receive another free Game World if your last one is still active when you've finished your first full season. So it's no longer a one off and you can keep receiving free Custom Game Worlds for you and your friends to play in as long as you all remain active.

To make it easier to invite your friends to join you in your Custom Game World, we've made numerous improvements to the friend inviter tools, allowed the owner to offer clubs sooner, allowed accepted managers to tell their friends about the Game World and also created a news feed were the owner and friends can post messages prior to it opening. I think that with these improvements it's now easier than ever to invite your friends to join you and hopefully you'll all continue to enjoy making the free Custom Game Worlds that we're giving away!

Nice to hear that the ball is rolling

I have a point about player positions though, MR & AMR shouldnt be penalised really, i have so many now defunct AMRs that cannot play MR, when in the scheme of things the players is still playing the right hand side of midfield?!?

Also regarding player valuations, will this be an ongoing thing with players monitored? I have plenty of players whose valuation is very poor compared to others, and seem to be extremely undervalued....

Also i have sent out several emails and PMs regarding Soccerwiki Administration to yoursel and SM/SW. If someone could take a look please Steven

Nice to hear that the ball is rolling

I have a point about player positions though, MR & AMR shouldnt be penalised really, i have so many now defunct AMRs that cannot play MR, when in the scheme of things the players is still playing the right hand side of midfield?!?

Also regarding player valuations, will this be an ongoing thing with players monitored? I have plenty of players whose valuation is very poor compared to others, and seem to be extremely undervalued....

Also i have sent out several emails and PMs regarding Soccerwiki Administration to yoursel and SM/SW. If someone could take a look please Steven

I rather think we should look at Soccerwiki to change the player positions that are miss placed for a lot of players. I mean players like Di Maria, Robben, Ribery, etc. Can play in MR positions as well and they should get position changes otherwise MR position is such a waste. They're aren't enough players to play in that position. The ones who are, are mostly wide defenders.

I rather think we should look at Soccerwiki to change the player positions that are miss placed for a lot of players. I mean players like Di Maria, Robben, Ribery, etc. Can play in MR positions as well and they should get position changes otherwise MR position is such a waste. They're aren't enough players to play in that position. The ones who are, are mostly wide defenders.

Thats too much of a pain in the ass. Going back over players *again* to add a position....

Steven,

Are there any plans to review the way that a Goalkeeper's match rating is calculated?  I am sure you have seen for yourself how the new system is proving a little unrealistic.

I won my last match 5-0 but the opposition GK was awarded a match rating of 10.  Admittedly he had 14 shots on target to deal with but the fact that he let in 5 of them would seem to me to be far from a "perfect" performance?

On the other hand, my GK only received a rating of 6.  He had a quiet game with not much to do but he kept a clean sheet & no-one could ask for more than that.

I have even seen a similar example where the opposition lost 4-0 but, presumably because his save to goal ratio was high, their GK received man of the match award!  In real life I think that any GK, whose team had lost 4-0, would be embarrassed to receive such an award, regardless of how good his individual performance was.

Thanks.

Fix this bug

hHcWIjo.jpg

Kuki Zalazar is still live :D

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barcelona-sigue-cerca-kuki-zalazar-4838688

I believe this is because someone decide to edit an old players details to become this player - and others -  on SW-  it  got through the big guys above the admins and was changed.

Now they have realised their error SW will remove the player

not 100% sure but that's what I thought I heard

I believe this is because someone decide to edit an old players details to become this player - and others -  on SW-  it  got through the big guys above the admins and was changed.

Now they have realised their error SW will remove the player

not 100% sure but that's what I thought I heard

^ this is true.

If you look at his Soccerwiki profile it is for an older Huesca player( Kuki Zalazar does not play nor never has played for Huesca ) , someone just changed the name.

*crossing checking his history i found the player was formerly Roberto BATRES - will try to correct it.

so far 5 players have been found where this has occurred - and have all now been deleted and set to retire

The account was identfied on SW and has been banned.

As I'm sure many SM users are aware by now, a few weeks back a number of young talents showed up in the game's database without being listed as new players first. This caught many SM players by surprise, but once we were alerted to the fact that these players existed, we scrambled to purchase them as they were/are highly rated talents in the real world.

It turns out that the players were added to the database through some mischievous SW users. These users apparently edited old players who nobody knew about and turned them into young superstars, presumably to get an edge on the competition in their SM gameworlds and as a backdoor method of adding players not yet added to the database. Even though SW did not catch the users before their changes went through, they did eventually identify them, ban them, and reverse the changes.

The problem that has arisen and continues to exist is that after the players were changed back to what they were before they were edited, many of us, me included, were stuck with an old, worthless player, and lost between 600-800k on our investment. I opened a ticket on SM when the change occurred, only to receive the same, tired answer anyone receives when they report a player-related issue: SM has no control over SW.

Even after I explained that I was essentially being made to pay for an error on the SW-side of the game, and that it would only take one small reversal to rectify the situation, I was first shutdown again, then ignored when I opened another ticket to continue to explain myself and my case further.

I have been a member of SoccerManager since July 2009; I've had my share of grumbles about different changes and modifications to the game, but I've overwhelmingly enjoyed my experience. There are very, very few games that I've played as long as I've played SoccerManager. And yet, there is a small list of things that I will not accept. I will tolerate game changes, interface changes, game engine changes, all of it; I'm happy to adjust and continue on, even when many of my friends have called it a day. But I will absolutely not accept the absolutely atrocious customer service that I've received in the last few days. I paid for several years of gold membership and different features from SoccerManager, and donated to the campaign to get SoccerManager 2016 up and running. To be treated like a waste of time is both insulting and infuriating.

I do not know if posting here will help get this issue addressed; the cynical part of me tells me that it is unlikely that anyone with any real power will visit this thread, but the hopeful part of me says that there is always a chance. If I can get a proper response from SM on my bug ticket, addressing the problem and reversing this transaction, I will carry on enjoying the game that I've enjoyed for over six and a half years. If not, then it may be finally time to call it a day and say goodbye to SoccerManager for good.