What about cheating?

I'm around 6 years in this game and i've notice that year by year the cheaters are more and the punishments reduced. in the past years a lot of the transfers reversed. now nothing happened.

for example in World champ. 13 a manager post that he bought Romagnoli from Benfica. and says after that «Benfica is my second account in this world. all the players available for transfers». the transfer hasn't reversed and the manager didn't banned from the game.

another example in greek champ 9 that 2 managers always takes unmanaged teams make transfers or play the games between them or against their rivals and then quitting. that happens all the time. nothing happened again. none transfer reversed none manager banned. and many managers have report them because i talk for obvious things.

when i report a transfer in the past a ticket created. now i report, it says thank you for reporting and none ticket created. is a bug? the reporting is active? they ruin the game. and none of them is even a gold manager to say that you earn money from them. it's frustating. and i can tell the managers names if you want to search about.

something must have to do about cheaters.

Most of the cheating happens because of player hogging.

I never condone cheating but I can understand why people do it

Really? You're really going to try and justify cheating as part of your crusade against player hogging?

Pull the other one. Players cheat to gain an unfair advantage, to ruin it for others, or simply because they can get away with it.

Player hogging is an issue and needs to be fairly resolved, but this is just taking it too far...

I've just had a cheat set up camp in my main/first GW (been there since 2010 building my team) and it sucks. He's got 5-6 teams now from the look of it. Reported the transfers, nothing. Messaged the managers, nothing. No point submitting a ticket or reporting it on the forums either, no staff to read them. SM don't give a flying firkin any more.

Pay your money at your own risk, SM is on life support and fading fast.

Reported the transfers, nothing. No point submitting a ticket or reporting it on the forums either, no staff to read them. SM don't give a flying firkin any more.

I feel the same way as well. In one of my GW I have reported the same transfer as illegal everyday for the past 5 days now with no response from SM. So frustrating since this transfer is so obviously illegal (new manager sells his best player for minimum value when there were 3 managers bidding for this player from previously unmanaged team) yet SM won't do a thing about it. 

• 3 weeks later...

ok, it's impossible to erradicate cheating, but the current SM format looks like it's joking with us... it's pathetic that SM allows a cheater to create tons of fake accounts, then SMFA removes those accounts but don't punish his main account...

cheaters' aim is to benefit their main account... how can't you understand this?!...

it's like SM is inviting cheaters...

as long as I keep watching this, I won't for sure buy a gold license

• 4 weeks later...

SM is doing nothing regarding cheating.

I have consistently reported a cheater now for 2 months, running 5 clubs in my Gameworld. Reported clear cheating transfers, of the like of Hazard, Pogba.. and nothing.

I just reported one last transfer, IF nothing is done I'm going to start cheating in this game world as well.. TIRED OF IT!

I just joined a new sm gameworld and straight away someone cheated, it was obviously reported and 2 of the 3 accounts were deleted.

Some might think this is good but sm still allow the cheat to carry on with his original account.

A few days later another deal  looks bad, then you look at both accounts history and as usual they are both in other gameworlds doing deals, i am waiting to see sm's response.

For those who want to avoid cheats, bide your time and wait for vacancies in the few gameworlds that are full, that is where you will find the better manager's who  will try and drive out anyone who tries to cheat. 

I think the problem comes down to sm not wanting to get rid of anyone cheating, all they want is numbers to show the advertiser's that it is a popular website, the last thing they want is some kind of ethics that make it look like very few people are taking part.

• 2 weeks later...

OK here the short version of whats going on with SM cheating

- Manager buys Pogba for MINIMUM FEE off a multiple account

- I report the transfer

- Transfer gets reversed, NO punishment on the accounts themselves

- Big surprise, manager makes bid again for Pogba (this time a bit higher value 52M)

- I also put in a bid 68M

- My one gets rejected, the lower bid accepted.

- I report the transfer again

- One week after no response.

THIS IS CRAZY!!!

SM acknowledges an illegal transfer, reverses it but no consequences met for the accounts???

An account with an illegal transfer record, repeats the deal, meaning recurrent infraction and now gets away with it???

This guy has 5 accounts in this game world that I know of, either SM is happy with having fake accounts although they say otherwise, or simply they just don't care about cheating. Either case its RUINING THE GAME!

Fact is it used to be easier to report a cheater, now theres no dialog, you never have any information. Why would they opt to do that?

• 5 weeks later...

Not so much a reply but more another question on cheating.

Not by individuals but by SM itself.

I,ve just finished viewing a Cup Final where my team lost to the unbeaten league leaders with their player ratings averaging 92.

My team are second in the league. I have a squad of 30 players and struggled to field a fit team as SM`s "Computer" saw fit to savage my team by making the bulk of the first team under 80% fit. Even using below average players I still struggled to pick a team and obviously formation and subs was a nightmare.

Needless to say we were thrashed 5-0.

Then low and behold only MINUTES  after viewing the Cup Final I go to tactics for my game tomorrow night ALL except two of my squad are 100% fit!!!

What a sickener. I manage five teams and these circumstances are seriously making me think of chucking the game altogether.

Cheating?

ok, it's impossible to erradicate cheating, but the current SM format looks like it's joking with us... it's pathetic that SM allows a cheater to create tons of fake accounts, then SMFA removes those accounts but don't punish his main account...

cheaters' aim is to benefit their main account... how can't you understand this?!...

it's like SM is inviting cheaters...

as long as I keep watching this, I won't for sure buy a gold license

I had same issue in one of my games. A few people reported cheating and they removed the cheat from all the clubs apart from the main one which was benefitting from getting top players in for low value while selling average players for over the odds.

• 2 weeks later...

As Allan said this is not a mdoerator issue, we keep the forum looked after, Ingame Allan or I are just paid up gold members playing by the same rules as you. I truly hope SM can help with any cheating in your world, lord knows no one wants that.

Sorry i didn't know. I thought you guys are working with the SM company.

Thanks but after reporting around 15 illegal transfers in one GW season, I kinda lost hope. Might even take up cheating myself… Seems the only way to stop cheaters is to just being a nuisance and try to disrupt their top player hoarding.

• 7 months later...

if any of my transfers get reversed...I respond by reporting all the transfers of the manager's that I suspect to have reported me.

So far...several have had their transfers reversed too >:P

Fight fire with fire. To my mind, many managers just need to mind their own business and focus on their club...instead of reporting other people's transfers.

• 4 months later...

The cheating manager that I now reported over 20 times and I mentioned in this thread, has just admitted to his (currently 7) multiple accounts on private message to me.

I don't know how to report a pm, but the next transfer he makes I will direct SM to my private messages and then we will know without a doubt that either SM staff don't read reports at all or they just look the other way on cheaters.

• 1 month later...

CHEATING TOLERATED IN SOCCER MANAGER

I reported a manager that admitted in private message to me to be a cheater and SM does nothing. He still plays with his 7 accounts and continues his 1 year run of uncountable illegal transfers.

This soccer manager people are outright lying on their Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. Cheating is ignored and there is the confirmation. What more proof do you need to ban someone for cheating than a confession. Disgusting.

4 hours ago, yucky said:

CHEATING TOLERATED IN SOCCER MANAGER

I reported a manager that admitted in private pessage to me to be a cheater and SM does nothing. He still plays with his 7 accounts and continues his 1 year run of uncountable illegal transfers.

This soccer manager people are outright lying on their Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. Cheating is ignored and there is the confirmation. What more proof do you need to ban someone for cheating than a confession. Disgusting.

The same thing has been going on for years!