We Are NOT The Champions - 264074

I am Proud to announce my second Custom should the interest be there!

As usual will be kept small to ensure high quality of loyal managers and i will not necessarily go first com first served if i can hand pick a manger ( I do apologise for this i do not intend to offend anyone but i want to keep it successful with all the new custom slots available)

CONCEPT

We are the nearly's of the world. Your Liverpools and Arsenals. The Schalke's and Sportings, Spurs and Milans. We are the great teams, but not the Uber Elite. To Win the CL is not inconceivable but would be an upset. The worlds Very Very best do not often hang around in your team.

2 Divisions of 8

2 Down, 1 up Auto and 2nd + 3rd PLAYOFF.

Generous Squad Cap of 40.

EMPTY SQUADS

210M starting balance

TEAMS - Current Manager

VILLA - Gurs

EVERTON - Laura

SUNDERLAND - Cvilhete

HANNOVER - EMPTY
BREMEN - Gozzy
LEIPZIG - Huddo

ETIENNE - Tranmere
BORDEUAX - Taco Sluijter
SEVILLA - Pedro

BETIS - KJKJ
FIORENTINA - Ashraf
BOLOGNA - CARETAKER
FC BASEL - Rahul
RUBIN KAZAN - Noisy

PALMEIRAS - Tom Pham

SPARTAK - Cam

Players cannot be bought If they Play for a team that Won their Domestic League. The runner-up  from UEFA's top 5 national Leagues by coefficient (currently ENG, SPA, ITA, GER, FRA) Will also be unavailable. These players are too good for you. You do not deserve them. Also, Europa and the UCL will be treated as Leagues, So if a team wins one of these they too are ineligble. Any countries tier 1 domestic league doesnt matter if it is EPL or the Icelandic first div. However second tier leagues and lower are fine like Championship, Liga Segunda etc.

Premise is to Keep a pretty simple, Open world where you cannot just be a Bayern/Barca/Bayern monger.

To keep simple it will go on parent club (like my EPL custom).

In-Depth.

So, When the world opens, Initially You cannot buy a player that is owned by any team that, at the cessation of that leagues last season, was champion (or runner up in the big 5). However as soon as a season is completed, any player who you do own form a team that is now unavailable must be sold ASAP.

To Make it black and white and easier, it will matter who the player club is NOW. so as an example, if Messi moved to Liverpool tomorrow he is FAIR GAME as LIVERPOOL (not Messi) are an eligible club. This makes it so much easier than a case by case basis.

Either way, Transfers will be treated as when in-game, Under the name the club is stated. No polarized views on this, again the same as my other custom. Sometimes SM aren't as fast as we'd like or occasional wrong. Doesn't matter, we all play by the same rule book on that one.

Rewards.

Winner of Div 1/Div 2 and cup can 'Save' a player that otherwise should leave that season. Remember that SM seasons are shorter than RL ones, so unless you go back to back they are leaving at the end of the next SM season, so its not foreversies. If they do not have anyone to save, they may buy one from unmanaged (again likely only for a season).

Waitlist/Maybe

Marius

Darren Skidmore

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ineligible Teams FC Barcelona (Champions League) Sevilla (Europa League) KS Skenderbeu (Albania) ES Setif (Algeria) FC Santa Coloma (Andorra) Recreation do Libolo (Angola) Boca Juniors (Argenti

Just a suggestion, mate: I'd only forbid people from buying players from the CL and Europa League champions, plus the top 2 in England, Spain, Germany and Italy and the French champion. None of the

Sorry Punch i will noit be accepting. 623 jobs for 6000 games is less than 10 games per club you manage on average. this year you have joined 14 clubs, you now manage 3 of those and they are 2, 7 and

After 2 hours of cross referencing Player ingame wages, vs Prize money, Vs RL attendences, VS ingame attendences and stadium size and then calculating what i think the avergae wage bill will roughly be based on 16 teams fighting over 350 90 rated + players - all the currently ineligible ones adn also checking the ingame worht of the kind of squads i am modeling us on like Milan, Leverkusen, Sevilla etc i have come up with a set of teams and starting balance to begin discussion on.

EMPTY SQUADS

220M starting balance (Most of the teams mentioned above are at around 250ish. and as if CV is gonna happen for most of it -  alot of dead players in those squads i feel this is a conservative amount that allows growth but enough to make it challenging but put a good squad together)

TEAMS

VILLA

EVERTON

SUNDERLAND

HANNOVER
BREMEN
LEIPZIG

ETIENNE
BORDEUAX
SEVILLA

BETIS
FIORENTINA
BOLOGNA
FC BASEL
RUBIN KAZAN

KONYASPOR

SPARTAK

Plus you will need clarification of what leagues winners are unavailable ? Im assuming Eredevisie, Brazilian Serie A, Russian league winners are also unavailable ?

Unavailable players:

1. Winners of Domestic League Last Year

2. Runners-up in the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Portuguese Liga

3. Winners of CL and EL (Barcelona are already ineligible though)

Question to Cam: if you are ruling out players from the CL and EL, you should also rule out from the other continental leagues, aka the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana,  AFC CL and AFC Cup, CAF CL and CAF Confederations Cup, CONCACAF CL and OFC CL>

Obviously no one is going to buy players from most of the winners of those clubs, but still. Just an idea though. I can PM you the winners if you want.

Count me in Cam, being a pool fan would be great if you could include Liverpool as there is no difference in the stadium size if not would like the  Ironic option and enjoy taking Everton but if there are fans of the club on board you can give it to them. My 3rd choice would be Sevilla.

I don't feel all other AFC etc should be included as its gets hard to keep a track of those and its to much effort winners of all leagues is great.

Just a suggestion, mate:

I'd only forbid people from buying players from the CL and Europa League champions, plus the top 2 in England, Spain, Germany and Italy and the French champion.

None of the clubs, from other countries, are the cream of the crop.

For instance, Wijnaldum moved from Dutch champions, PSV, to a team that is always battling against relegation in England.

This would:

1 - make the setup more realistic;

2 - widen the signing pool;

3 - save people the burden of checking which club was champion, in many rubbish leagues, whenever they wanna buy players.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Just a suggestion, mate:

I'd only forbid people from buying players from the CL and Europa League champions, plus the top 2 in England, Spain, Germany and Italy and the French champion.

None of the clubs, from other countries, are the cream of the crop.

For instance, Wijnaldum moved from Dutch champions, PSV, to a team that is always battling against relegation in England.

This would:

1 - make the setup more realistic;

2 - widen the signing pool;

3 - save people the burden of checking which club was champion, in many rubbish leagues, whenever they wanna buy players.

Just my 2 cents. :)

I considered this but then i could just say Brace, Real and Bayern really. i think a quite challenging aspect will be managing up and comers from teams like Ajax. I am happy to consider dropping the coeffeiceint top top 5 or 4 to free up A Porto/Benfica and a Lyon or Monaco most seasons but thats the only movement id really be happy with there personally, but ill see what others think.

Rahul - Perfect world yes but i think if add in Libertadores and Asian Cup and similar is making it more complex for very little reason. I feel like very few players will realistically come from this pool barring maybe South America. again open to discussion ofc.

Gurs i did consider Liverpool, chelsea similar size so are spurs. I wanted to steer away from the clubs that will most likely offer the signing pool and the teams we are trying to emulate. Liverpool would create a lot of eligible freee agents that are high value targets (far more so than any other club on the list) and i want to make the start mroe fun with 1 bid pre club restrictions as much as possible, Sure Barkley and Lukaku would be there and 1 or 2 others as juicy Free Agents but Liverpool just on another level 350m worth of juicy squad value in a brand new pool.

As for picking teams i think based on the teams people are wanting and stuff i will go 100% random draw. I am sorry if you dont get who you want or get a second club (pedro i too aslways liek a club i dont manage, luckily for me only 2 on that list). too many people already asking for similar teams. the fairest way. I will do it online with someone else (probably Rahul) where i write 16 teams in front of me and get him to RNG and ill assign to club.

I considered this but then i could just say Brace, Real and Bayern really. i think a quite challenging aspect will be managing up and comers from teams like Ajax. I am happy to consider dropping the coeffeiceint top top 5 or 4 to free up A Porto/Benfica and a Lyon or Monaco most seasons but thats the only movement id really be happy with there personally, but ill see what others think.

Rahul - Perfect world yes but i think if add in Libertadores and Asian Cup and similar is making it more complex for very little reason. I feel like very few players will realistically come from this pool barring maybe South America. again open to discussion ofc.

Gurs i did consider Liverpool, chelsea similar size so are spurs. I wanted to steer away from the clubs that will most likely offer the signing pool and the teams we are trying to emulate. Liverpool would create a lot of eligible freee agents that are high value targets (far more so than any other club on the list) and i want to make the start mroe fun with 1 bid pre club restrictions as much as possible, Sure Barkley and Lukaku would be there and 1 or 2 others as juicy Free Agents but Liverpool just on another level 350m worth of juicy squad value in a brand new pool.

As for picking teams i think based on the teams people are wanting and stuff i will go 100% random draw. I am sorry if you dont get who you want or get a second club (pedro i too aslways liek a club i dont manage, luckily for me only 2 on that list). too many people already asking for similar teams. the fairest way. I will do it online with someone else (probably Rahul) where i write 16 teams in front of me and get him to RNG and ill assign to club.

No worries - if you do end up making any rule tweaks, please update the OP!  :)

Well, I have a pretty good probability (almost 3/4) of getting one of the teams I want, so I like them odds. :P  

EDIT: but, if I get one of those 5, could I perhaps swap clubs with another manager.

I'm sure that someone wouldn't mind swapping, say, Konyaspor with me.  :D

Considering/dont know you/i am in a hurry right now (no disrespect)

The punch

Huck

lol no problem. not many posts on here but i am experienced in SM. my rating is 250ish. i'm really looking for a good custom league as public leagues either become boring after a season when everyone drops out or, in most cases, people create multiple accounts and cheat from the get-go. i was hoping to get into anno domini 3 but doesn't look like i'll get in. all good with whatever you decide!

thanks for the consideration

huck

lol no problem. not many posts on here but i am experienced in SM. my rating is 250ish. i'm really looking for a good custom league as public leagues either become boring after a season when everyone drops out or, in most cases, people create multiple accounts and cheat from the get-go. i was hoping to get into anno domini 3 but doesn't look like i'll get in. all good with whatever you decide!

huck

Happens mate, when you're a new forumer. Stick around and you'll get into customs soon. :)

huck

Hey mate thanks for the coolr eply meant absolutely no disrespect, was in a hurry so just didnt confirm peopl i didnt know. Im not too concerned with your forum record. COuld you add me ingame (Cameron Lucas) so i can just have a look at your club history. I am pretty confident i will be having you in here you sond like a cool dude.

Pedro, post draw i am fine with swapsies.

Good queastion huck. I prefer 14 games to keep it renewing i fins people stay more engaged and you are mosre often in the hunt, and can write a bad season off quickly. Also usually a closer race hehe.