Young Talents Turned Into Old Nobodies - SW Bug

As I'm sure many SM users are aware by now, a few weeks back a number of young talents showed up in the game's database without being listed as new players first. This caught many SM players by surprise, but once we were alerted to the fact that these players existed, we scrambled to purchase them as they were/are highly rated talents in the real world.

It turns out that the players were added to the database through some mischievous SW users. These users apparently edited old players who nobody knew about and turned them into young superstars, presumably to get an edge on the competition in their SM gameworlds and as a backdoor method of adding players not yet added to the database. Even though SW did not catch the users before their changes went through, they did eventually identify them, ban them, and reverse the changes.

The problem that has arisen and continues to exist is that after the players were changed back to what they were before they were edited, many of us, me included, were stuck with an old, worthless player, and lost between 600-800k on our investment. I opened a ticket on SM when the change occurred, only to receive the same, tired answer anyone receives when they report a player-related issue: SM has no control over SW.

Even after I explained that I was essentially being made to pay for an error on the SW-side of the game, and that it would only take one small reversal to rectify the situation, I was first shutdown again, then ignored when I opened another ticket to continue to explain myself and my case further.

I have been a member of SoccerManager since July 2009; I've had my share of grumbles about different changes and modifications to the game, but I've overwhelmingly enjoyed my experience. There are very, very few games that I've played as long as I've played SoccerManager. And yet, there is a small list of things that I will not accept. I will tolerate game changes, interface changes, game engine changes, all of it; I'm happy to adjust and continue on, even when many of my friends have called it a day. But I will absolutely not accept the absolutely atrocious customer service that I've received in the last few days. I paid for several years of gold membership and different features from SoccerManager, and donated to the campaign to get SoccerManager 2016 up and running. To be treated like a waste of time is both insulting and infuriating.

I do not know if posting here will help get this issue addressed; the cynical part of me tells me that it is unlikely that anyone with any real power will visit this thread, but the hopeful part of me says that there is always a chance. If I can get a proper response from SM on my bug ticket in the next week, addressing the problem and reversing this transaction, I will carry on enjoying the game that I've enjoyed for over six and a half years. If not, then it may be finally time to call it a day and say goodbye to SoccerManager for good.

I am one of those people you refer to as those with no Real Power hahaha.

It does suck Mo. That said as devils advocate the SW thinkg was the major fault, but people trying to be clever and abuse/get around this really should have considered that too. I was aware of this glitch. I just stayed away from it, knowing it was an eror and it could only end badly.

I truly do hope they fix this but there is an element of self involvement in those who did this also.

I am one of those people you refer to as those with no Real Power hahaha.

It does suck Mo. That said as devils advocate the SW thinkg was the major fault, but people trying to be clever and abuse/get around this really should have considered that too. I was aware of this glitch. I just stayed away from it, knowing it was an eror and it could only end badly.

I truly do hope they fix this but there is an element of self involvement in those who did this also.

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug. Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

Regards

Soccer Manager

Same old terrible customer service. Main thing keeping me playing at this point is how much time I've invested in one of my leagues. But at this point, even that may not be enough for me to put up with the incompetence of those in charge.

You have my support, man.

SM, please , wake up!

Thank you. I have put up with a lot, but I will not lie down and let SoccerManager's abhorrent, disgusting, absolutely useless customer service schmucks get away with doing nothing like usual. I will post my complaint in every relevant thread until someone chooses to respond or SM finds a way to get rid of me.

sm's attitude only improves when they want something, like managers to test improvements.

I'm not even sure they are bright enough to realise the appalling customer service they give, when you consider how they could improve the game instead of turning it into what it is now and how many different ways they could tempt to use credits.

That is all I've asked for, simply reversing the transaction in which I bought Mbappe/Sylla.

Id say they could do that, as they can reverse transfers that are deemed cheating...but i dont hold out much hope when they closed my ticket yesterday.....

"Gençlerbirliği player Johannes HOPF had a recent change, However his valuation is extremely low and odd. 588K to be exact. I believe this valaution is wrong and needs to be amended."

spacer.gif Soccer Manager said

9 Feb 2016 16:53:22

"Hi J.,

Soccer Manager does not edit any information related to the database. This is because the database is all user generated on the Soccer Wiki and this information is then transferred over.

Regards

Soccer Manager"

It seems than SM's management did not take kindly to this thread. Instead of addressing the complaint here, they instead chose to strip me of my title as mod without so much as message explaining their actions. Completely classless.

i think you have been extremely polite there Mo.

Amazing how they treat a volunteer who is doing the job someone else should be paid to do.