Whisperr

Squad, Formation And Tactics

This is where you can post your accomplished/successful squad and the formation along with tactics you used with them.

This is where managers can come for tactical advice from some of the more experienced managers

This is where you can help each other out by posting counter formations and tactics, best player to buy etc.

4-3-3B with normal tackling/mixed passing/fast tempo/attacking mentality/mixed attacking/all over pressing has given me huge winning/unbeaten runs and many trophies in all my clubs, even in clubs where my overall squad isn't the best. 

One note: I have Ronaldo leading the line for all my clubs, which may be part of the reason for my success. :P

There is not such a thing as "ideal formation". Every formation has strong points and weak points.

You have to adapt to what your squad has in the rooster (while also evaluating possible signing on the market, if needed) and use that at maximum advantage, forging a tactical mindset that fully exploits your squad. Depeding on the context, you can do slight tactical changes if needed.

What a instructions you use for 4231b and 433b?

As playmaker:

-for 433wingers I would use the DM in front of the defense (a DLP like Xabi Alonso is ideally suited to this role), mixed passing and attacking down both flanks.

-for 4231B I would use either the CAM or a DLP, depending on who you have in your squad, with mixed passing. For the attacking style, it depends on your other players - ideally I would attack down both flanks, to open up as much as space as possible for your team.

In both case, I would use either hard or aggressive tackling, combined with all-over pressing and fast tempo.

This interferes with the opponent team playmaking, while hard/aggressive tackling help in increasing the rate of recovering the ball (with the downside of increasing cards and injuries).

For team mentality, that depends on your style and players as well as the context and opponent team.  

Personally I prefer to start the match with a defensive/very defensive mentality and strike fast on the counterattack - and only if needed during the match, opening to a more attacking and/or very attacking mentality.

On 13/08/2016 at 0:17 PM, RoyalAguila said:

Como craque:

433wingers -para eu usaria o DM na frente da defesa (a DLP como Xabi Alonso é ideal para esse papel), passando mista e atacando para baixo ambos os flancos.

-para 4231B gostaria de usar o CAM ou DLP, dependendo de quem você tem em seu plantel, com o passar mista. Para o estilo de ataque, isso depende de suas outros jogadores - Idealmente, eu iria atacar para baixo ambos os flancos, a abrir-se, tanto quanto de espaço possível para sua equipe.

Em ambos os casos, eu usaria duras ou agressivo combate, combinado com all-over ritmo premente e rápido.

Isto interfere com a organização de jogo da equipe oponente, enquanto hard / agressivo combate ajuda no aumento da taxa de recuperar a bola (com a desvantagem de cartões crescentes e lesões).

Para mentalidade de equipe, que depende de seu estilo e jogadores, bem como a equipe de contexto e oponente.  

Pessoalmente, eu prefiro começar o jogo com uma mentalidade defensiva / muito defensiva e atacar rápido no contra-ataque - e somente se necessário durante o jogo, abrindo para um mais ofensivo e / ou muito atacando mentalidade.

Oh thank you very much,but what is a diference between defensive/very defensive mentality and attacking/very attacking mentality, this changes very much during the game?

On 17/8/2016 at 9:13 PM, Kuzma said:

Oh thank you very much,but what is a diference between defensive/very defensive mentality and attacking/very attacking mentality, this changes very much during the game?

Yes, it changes very much.

Very defensive is an extreme version of defensive, while very attacking is an extreme version of attacking. As "extreme versions", I consider them a trump card to be used in certain conditions/contexts. For example, if your team is losing, during second half you can go very attacking (increase the possibility of scoring by increasing to max the shooting opportunities, but this leaves huge spaces in case of counterattacks)

4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3B are tricky formations and i find them useless unless attacking through the middle. also, tight marking in my opinion is wasted on formations which dont have a flat midfield (4-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1) or a lot of defenders (5-3-2, 5-4-1). 5-2-3 doesnt have either since the wing backs are further up but 5-3-2 is okay since you could say it combines best of both since there are 5 men in midfield. 

@stevedxx in case bad results continue but still want to use 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 then try this: 

4-2-3-1 defensive, mixed/short, slow, throught the middle/mixed | use playmaker (your highest rated winger), men behind ball

tackling style matters only if you dont get enough possession percentage and with bayern you should be okay, its a matter of cards accumulation. pressing.. same story - it doesnt matter if you get enough possession. if you want to counter attack then set it to own half/own area, however, if you set it to own area then you also gotta change your tempo to fast and passing to mixed.

4-3-3B defensive/normal, normal/slow tempo, mixed passing, mixed attacking, all over | counter attack, use playmaker (again, your highest rated winger)

tackling style - same. you could try attack through the middle but a short passing, slow tempo and at least normal mentality are a must then in my opinion but then untick counter attack because the style doesnt seem suitable. i've played with such instructions and they are okay but like i said, not a fan of 4-2-3-1/4-3-3B

overall i wouldnt use either of these two tactics with bayern. you have a very strong midfield and a very good offense so 3-5-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3A strike me as better choices

On 9/15/2016 at 6:16 PM, palyo said:

4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3B are tricky formations and i find them useless unless attacking through the middle. also, tight marking in my opinion is wasted on formations which dont have a flat midfield (4-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1) or a lot of defenders (5-3-2, 5-4-1). 5-2-3 doesnt have either since the wing backs are further up but 5-3-2 is okay since you could say it combines best of both since there are 5 men in midfield. 

@stevedxx in case bad results continue but still want to use 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 then try this: 

4-2-3-1 defensive, mixed/short, slow, throught the middle/mixed | use playmaker (your highest rated winger), men behind ball

tackling style matters only if you dont get enough possession percentage and with bayern you should be okay, its a matter of cards accumulation. pressing.. same story - it doesnt matter if you get enough possession. if you want to counter attack then set it to own half/own area, however, if you set it to own area then you also gotta change your tempo to fast and passing to mixed.

4-3-3B defensive/normal, normal/slow tempo, mixed passing, mixed attacking, all over | counter attack, use playmaker (again, your highest rated winger)

tackling style - same. you could try attack through the middle but a short passing, slow tempo and at least normal mentality are a must then in my opinion but then untick counter attack because the style doesnt seem suitable. i've played with such instructions and they are okay but like i said, not a fan of 4-2-3-1/4-3-3B

overall i wouldnt use either of these two tactics with bayern. you have a very strong midfield and a very good offense so 3-5-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3A strike me as better choices

so can you give me your opinion on what should i use pls regarding formation and tactics because im losing/winning like that pls...i put my squad here(many of them are going on loan) @palyo

Untitled_zpsizjifjsj.png

Untitled1_zpsv91kriqw.png

by the way, some players play better than others sort of by default. well, not default.. their attributes(strengths) are listed in soccerwiki.org, a database connected to soccermanager. all in all, depends on what position you're playing them at and the team instrutions. i can see your squad is very strong and i can also see that you're rarely playing Martial and Muller and they are good finishers. coutinho, costa and gotze would be good if you play them on the wings, martial, berardi and muller as amc or fc. batshuayi is an efficient striker too but lewa is much better, you can put him as target man and he will score more. thiago and vidal are both mc but i personally dont like playing thiago even though he's one of my favourite players in real life, he just doesnt live up to my expectations. if you start with 2 mc then vidal and xabi alonso, if you start with 3 add javi martinez or alaba on the left/lahm on the right but vidal and xabi should definively start together. well, if you dont like javi martinez you can play kimmich instead. in defense its obvious - if you play 3 dc varane, boateng, gimenez with next in line kimmich, if you play 4 lahm, varane, boateng, alaba(i personally prefer bernat, no real reason though just this alaba fellow gets on my nerves often). if you think lahm is too old then play boateng as rb instead, it should work well. overall i would say your mistake is playing too many attacking minded players and by that i mean you're leaving your efficient attackers and strong defensively midfielders on the bench. i see you want to play as many attackers as possible then you could try 4-1-3-2 but its not easy to make it work otherwise i think you should try the 4-3-3A tactics i suggested above - lahm, varane, boateng, alaba - vidal, javi martinez(or kimmich), xabi alonso/thiago set as playmaker - muller, lewandowski, martial/robben. if you want to play coutinho/costa/gotze then take off muller or martial/roben and put one of them in but set them as playmaker. 

if you decide to try out 4-1-3-2 then there are 2 ways of playing it - staying defensive and using fast/mixed plus down both flanks or being slightly more offensive and using slow/short plus down both flanks. to be honest i dont remember using attack through the middle in that formation, maybe i will arrange a friendly and try it out. however, both your wing backs should have their arrow up to fill in some blanks in midfield while sacrificing defense. your playmaker should be one of the 'wingers', if they're that high up it doesnt matter who your playmaker's gonna be, i personally prefer efficient players over those with flair and creativity. in your case it doesnt matter if you use a target man or not. you could play it like this - defense the same, mc- xabi/vidal/kimmich, the amcs dont matter as long as they have high rating, strikers - muller and lewandowski but batshuayi and berardi should also perform well.