Keystone

Would The New Sir Alex Please Stand Up

Let me repeat...the budget is 80 Mill plus sales. If you sell a player you can use that cash to buy others. One thing to rememmber however is the MINIMUM squad size is 21 you cannot go uner 21...the Mximum is 25...you cannot go over 25 and the budget must not go over 80 Mill plus sales...

sweet, thanks for clearing this up mate

Only the display is bugged, good to see that. What do I do regarding the draft picks I didn't make Gordon?

Well I guess the best way would be to only shortlist the players you have drafted and wit until the world is live before bidding on anyone else. Same applies to anyone that has not drafted 20 players. Otherwise you are getting an advantage of selecting un-drafted players before the rest of the managers.

To those of you that did not pick up my response to Rahul. Only drafted players can be shortlisted. If you have gaps you cannot shortlist players not drafted. Once the gameworld goes live all managers will then be on an equal footing to bid on those they want.

To those of you that did not pick up my response to Rahul. Only drafted players can be shortlisted. If you have gaps you cannot shortlist players not drafted. Once the gameworld goes live all managers will then be on an equal footing to bid on those they want.

that was one of the reasons i chose to not pick players in the draft, i can't have any advantage in buying my players as soon as we can bid, compared to having 300 players chosen before me.

i also need to shortlist everyone now, i don't know if i will have the time to do so when we are allowed.

that was one of the reasons i chose to not pick players in the draft, i can't have any advantage in buying my players as soon as we can bid, compared to having 300 players chosen before me.

i also need to shortlist everyone now, i don't know if i will have the time to do so when we are allowed.

The problem as I see it is that all managers are able to buy up to a further five players. If they are all shortlisted now by the managers that did not make their draft selections the rest will not be sure whether or not they can bid on shortlisted players because they may be bidding on someones draft picks. This way those that partook in the draft now have the opportunity to see who will be available outside the draft once by checking the lists and selecting the names of players that are still available that they would like to bid on other than their draft picks. You can always go through the players you want to buy later and write them down as well then bid on them once the world is live just as the players with the draft picks will do for their remaining players. If those that did not make draft picks at the appropriate time are allowed to shortlist now the rest will not know who is really still available....which is unfair to those that went to the trouble to become involved in the draft.

sorry, i don't have time to spend on doing all the work again , only to be punished for not going through the draft system , these rules were not mentioned until now so whilst i chose to be at a big disadvantage, i don't see why i suddenly have to be made to be further disadvantaged, the draft picks are on the forum for everyone to see.

part of the draft strategy is that if you want more than one player from one club, then you make him your pick as you can't guarantee to get him when the bidding starts.

if you want to get Ash to take my place then so be it but i do feel that once everyone has joined we should be able to bid for everyone who is available to us.

if you do want to punish me for not taking all my picks in the draft, then it is best you get Ash to replace me before i start buying players.

sorry, i don't have time to spend on doing all the work again , only to be punished for not going through the draft system , these rules were not mentioned until now so whilst i chose to be at a big disadvantage, i don't see why i suddenly have to be made to be further disadvantaged, the draft picks are on the forum for everyone to see.

part of the draft strategy is that if you want more than one player from one club, then you make him your pick as you can't guarantee to get him when the bidding starts.

if you want to get Ash to take my place then so be it but i do feel that once everyone has joined we should be able to bid for everyone who is available to us.

if you do want to punish me for not taking all my picks in the draft, then it is best you get Ash to replace me before i start buying players.

Actually he said that multiple times mate, you probably missed it. Everyone shortlists and buys all their drafted players first, and when that's done it's open market. Why can't you just scout right now and finish your draft? And if not i still don't see the problem. You've got enough time to reply to this thread anyway ;p

I mean, that was the point of the draft after all though.  

And the point Gordon was making is that only drafted players will be shortlisted, so that no one accidently bids on someone else's draftee, if we all shortlist 100 players it's possible someone could bid on someone's draftee and it would go unnoticed, especially in an instance where someone has 2 picks from 1 external, like myself with Boufal and Nangis. You might think i drafted Boufal and want Nangis as a one of my open market players and with all the players shortlisted it might get lost in the bids and i might not notice. 

And i don't think you are at a disadvantage if you can't shortlist (though i personally shortlist a lot of players at the start of a GW), because NO ONE CAN BUY on the open market until everyone has bought their draft picks. Shouldn't take you more than 5 mins to shortlist your draftees, and then bid on them when the GW allows, and then after you can invest however much time you want to get the remaining players. 

OH ONE MORE THING

you aren't really at a disadvantage because you have way more money to spend on the open market that everyone else who finished their drafts, which in a sense, is more unfair to the rest of us.

Ok, so I've applied for Koln, but there is a bit of a problem.

My stadium capacity is 15k. Surely that is not right??

Pretty sure it's not

Koln's stadium is 50k+

probably just a glitch on that screen

Edit- Fortuna Koln? Pretty sure you chose the wrong Koln Gordon.... should be 1. FC Koln 

Actually he said that multiple times mate, you probably missed it. Everyone shortlists and buys all their drafted players first, and when that's done it's open market. Why can't you just scout right now and finish your draft? And if not i still don't see the problem. You've got enough time to reply to this thread anyway ;p

I mean, that was the point of the draft after all though.  

And the point Gordon was making is that only drafted players will be shortlisted, so that no one accidently bids on someone else's draftee, if we all shortlist 100 players it's possible someone could bid on someone's draftee and it would go unnoticed, especially in an instance where someone has 2 picks from 1 external, like myself with Boufal and Nangis. You might think i drafted Boufal and want Nangis as a one of my open market players and with all the players shortlisted it might get lost in the bids and i might not notice. 

And i don't think you are at a disadvantage if you can't shortlist (though i personally shortlist a lot of players at the start of a GW), because NO ONE CAN BUY on the open market until everyone has bought their draft picks. Shouldn't take you more than 5 mins to shortlist your draftees, and then bid on them when the GW allows, and then after you can invest however much time you want to get the remaining players. 

OH ONE MORE THING

you aren't really at a disadvantage because you have way more money to spend on the open market that everyone else who finished their drafts, which in a sense, is more unfair to the rest of us.

Thanks BarcaKes

Paul I do not see that you are being harshly treated I just want to aviod "accidents" with the drafted players. You will be be able to bid on who you like at the same time as everyone else. I cannot see any additional time in this process. You still have to select who you want...and rather than shortlist them you put a bid on them.

Pretty sure it's not

Koln's stadium is 50k+

probably just a glitch on that screen

Edit- Fortuna Koln? Pretty sure you chose the wrong Koln Gordon.... should be 1. FC Koln 

1.FC Koln did not appear on the list aat all...I even checked in a live GW and they were not there. we ascertained that they were FC Cologne who have a 50K stadium and that was who I selected.

Do not know what s hppening there mate,,,here we go again.

Will get back to you.

1.FC Koln did not appear on the list aat all...I even checked in a live GW and they were not there. we ascertained that they were FC Cologne who have a 50K stadium and that was who I selected.

Do not know what s hppening there mate,,,here we go again.

Will get back to you.

Its cologne in the stupid SW database.