Would The New Sir Alex Please Stand Up

It does not matter what you do in this game...in the end you are at the whim of SM and their match engine. Lost to Club America today. 55% of the ball, 5 shots to 2 on target and their goalkeeper gets Man Of The Match...lost 1-0. Congrats to them but it is soooo frustrating. I manage 13 game worlds. I have just been through the results from the overnight games and in almost half of them (6) the opposition GK got MOTM. I am not suggesting it is picking on me on anything stupid like that....but it is impossible to compete with an overly random situation like this. You could watch 5 rounds of 10 games of the EPL and never see a keeper with MOTM.

Additional Edit: The % of MOTM in the above comment is 46%. In completing the match reports on our competition I note that in 3 of our 8 matches the goalkeeper got MOTM - 38%. The %age just seems far to high to me.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking News                                          Following rumors of dressing room problems in the league Feyenoord have today reported that talented young player Diego Reyes will be stood

Season over and Gordon is due a big thank you for all his work.         THANK YOU

Lord Bendtner be like:

Posted Images

150xafc-ajax.jpg                    V                    150x_feyenoord.jpg

Prediction: Amsterdam v Rotterdam is out first game this round with Ajax hosting 9th placed Feyenoord and both teams coming off a draw. Ajax will be without Dos Santos after his red card last match with Radoja possibly the player to fill the gap. Feyenoord will be without Feret for a second match but he is back training and should be available for round 6. Origi is the key with 3 goals and 2 MOTM performances in 4 games. What makes this game even more enticing is both sides are as yet unbeaten. Ajax to win at home but it will not be easy. 0-1

I think I may be in trouble with predictions again this round - refer to my comments about GK's and MOTM. Also, before commencing the match report, rumors are abounding concerning some sort of upset in one of the dressing rooms regarding the match today. We will have more news when it comes to hand.

Both teams have maintained their unbeaten record in a weird game where Feyenoord had 55% of the ball, 12 shots to 5 on target, their GoalKeeper was MOTM but they just could not get the win. Denis Suarez opened the scoring in the 18th minute for the home side with a low and hard free kick that the wall should have stopped. Keeper no chance. But Ajax almost lost the game in a5 minute pereiod just before half time when the defense just seemed to go missing allowing first Moukandjo (27) and the Ward Prowse (32) in on the goal keeper with no protection and Ajax were trailing 1-2 at half time. The second half was more evenly balanced but you have to wonder if the MOTM award to Boruc was given because someone felt sorry for him after his wall made exactly the same error that they made for the first goal when, in the 74th minute, Suarez repeated the dose. On performance Feyenoord should have taken the points and Manager LauraV will breathe a huge sigh of relief before getting her team on the training pitch regarding "how to defend a free kick". Final Score 2-2

150x_Stuttgart_FC.jpg                    V                    150x_Sunderland.jpg

Prediction: Stuttgart, fresh from a win against Hanover, will host Sunderland whose manager is able to return to the bench after an absence for personal reasons over the last two games. Sunderland also remain unbeaten this season although they have recorded more draws than they may have expected. On paper this looks like a home win but do not be surprised if Sunderland manage at least a point. I will

stick with the win for prediction scores. 0-2

Should have stuck with the draw fro the prediction after all but I was right for 89 minutes...Stuttgart had more of the ball and more pressure on the visitors goal but could not finish the job. Boufal put the home side in front in the 30th minute when a wonderful through ball feom bazoer picked him out at the top of the box and did not have to change stride to put it past Butland. Then disaster fro Sunderland struck in the 43rd minute when left back Niabullin was adjudged to have caught Bazoer in the head with a swinging elbow and was sent from the field for a straight red. From here you wold have thought Stuttgart would be able to see out the game but Sunderland responded well in the second half with Serbian Filip Kostic outstanding and late in the game he started to overrun the Stuttgart defense. First he put Benassi through but the ball sailed over the bar...the Tufan was given a yellow card for grabbing his shirt to prevent him breaking through the defense and finally, with a minute to go, he found Ings in the 6 yard box unmarked and the Englishman hit home his first goal of the campaign just in time to tie up the points. Final Score 1-1

150x_psg.jpg                    V                    150x_hannover-96.jpg

Prediction: PSG are having a very strange season so far having scored more AND conceded more goals than any other team in the league. Manager Cookie seems happy to concede goals if he can score more than the opposition but with a 1-1-2 win loss record this may not be working as well as he likes. Hanover will be the opposition for this game and they will be looking to make amends for the loss at home in the last round and get their season started after only 2 points for the 4 games so far. Chris Brunt is suspended for PSG but my feeling is that Hanover are lacking some strike power and may need to visit the transfer market once bans are lifted...if money is available. Marin, Sessegnon and Marquinho to prove to strong for the visitors. Home win here. 0-3

In a fairly even game Hanover notched their first win of the season, and the first away from home, with a hard fought game against PSG. Charlie Adam again showed some of the talent and ability he has but does not produce often enough when his MOTM performance got his team working today and it was Adam that socred the only goal of the game from a free kick just 17 minutes in. The second half was a lackluster affair with with few shots on goal by either side but Hanover will go home pleased with the points and PSG will be wondering how to shore up their leaky defense which is now officially the worst in the league. Final Score 0-1

150x1.-fc-koln-8.jpg                    V                    150xATMadrid.jpg

Prediction: Third placed Cologne will play host to the newly resurrected Atletico Madrid in their next game. Madrid have finally broken their duck with both a win and goals ij their last encounter and will be up for continuing that form. Colognes tight defense that has conceded only one goal so far will be the main thing the the visitors have to overcome. Kranevitter and Rabiot are starting to develop a fine understanding but Cologne will miss Bernadeschi who is scoring a goal every other game. Castillejo found his shooting boots last game but the visitors will be without Puncheon but they also won their first game without him last match and Bakambu filled in so well Puncheon may find it difficult to return to the starting eleven anytime soon. If Madrid can continue to find the net they will prove a handful for the Germans. However a draw seems the most likely. 0-4 - Loving this prediction lark :)

Cologne slipped 6 places on the table because of this result at home to Madrid. I mentioned in the prediction that Madrid could take the win and should have stuck with that decision. Possession almost equal and 7 corners apiece suggests it was a real arm wrestle with both sides having chance...and such was the case. It too till the 81st minute for Ighalo to cap a hard working MOTM performance with the only goal of the game. Central midfielder Duncan, who had only been on the field for 6 minutes following a substitution for the tiring Praet, played a gem of a ball into the the feet of Ighalo and his body strength and guile enabled him to hold of a tackle and fire it home. Madrid are now two from two and Manager Lucas will now be much happier with the state of play. Final Score 0-1

150x_newcastle.jpg                    V                    150x_eintracht-frankfurt.jpg

Prediction: 14th host 13th with Newcastle just in the relegation zone a point below Frankfurt. Frankfurt held the high flying Cologne to a draw last round and are showing improvement with Dele Alli the star. Newcastle fell foul of a rare good performance from Niklas Bendtner. Newcastle will be without Colback and Lustenberger and may have to reshuffle a bit to replace them. Eintracht will be looking for another strong performance from Alli and should take the points. 1-4

Newcastle continue to bemuse and bewilder. They have a strong side, a good manager and yet during some games they just seem to have a brain fade. They had 57% of possession in this game and 3 shots a priece on target but the strikers simply could not find the back of the net. Defensively they struggled to contain Coman and Talisca, the latter receiving the MOM award but wither of them could have won it. In the 14th minute Coman left Rico rooted in the goal mouth with a searing shot from a Talisca pass and , although Jese tried hard, the final pass for Newcastle just consistently let them down. In the second half Defoe latched onto a loose pass out of defense and again found Coman with heaps of space and again the young Frenchman slotted home. He could have had his hat trick in the 78th minute when Alli found him in the box but he shot over the bar. But just 2 minutes later Defoe was provider again this time for Talisca who slotted into the bottom corner for a decisive win for the visitors. Talisca almost got Carbonero in just 3 minutes later but the ball went out for a goal kick. Carbonero lept up and screamed at the referee that he had been fouled and during the conversation was booked for dissent. Final Score 0-3

150x_Guangzhou-Evergrande.jpg                    V                    150x_Seattle_Sounders_FC.jpg

Prediction: Bottom of the table Guangzhou Evergrand host 4th place Seattle at the Tianhe Stadium still looking for a first point. Coates will be out through a minor injury for the home side. I would love to see Guangzhou pick up their first points. Their performances have been steadily improving and they could do with a lift. Manager Gozzy is an experienced man and I am sure he will get them working soon. Unfortunately I think Januzaj, Tolisso and Ronaldinho will prove to much for the home side to cope with. Seattle to win by the odd goal. 1-5

Well Gozzy certainly did get his side ticking this round and there will be smiles at Tianhe Stadium after the home side notched not only their first win but their first points of the season...and they did it in style. With more possession Seattle should have done better but the defensive work of Guangzhou high up the field stopped the visitors from creating very much in the way of meaningful attack. El Haddadi started the ball rolling with a fine pass to Guedes and these two very talented youngster combined well to open the scoring. Just on half time the hard working Lanzini  passed inside to Christoforo who made it 2-0 at the break. Onlly 6 minutes after half time Marquez again found Gugedes loose in the box and the score was three nil. Januzaj worked hard to add a consolation goal for Seattle in the 70th minute but that match was gone by that time. Sels in goal for the home side, much to his surprise, won the MOTM award, and I am guessing that Guedes will be mildly surprised by this decision. Final Score 3-1

150x_clubamerica.jpg                    V                    150x_Celtic.jpg

Prediction: Runaway Leaders Club America will welcome fast rising Celtic to the Aztec Stadium for the game of the round with only Renato Sanches sidelined with a minor ailment. CA will look to maintain there 100% record. They are conceding exactly one goal per game but scoring more than 2 so far and Janssen, with 2 goals and 4 assists will be an absolute menace to the visiting defense. the diamond formation is proving very effective given their players and beating them is a very tough ask..especially at home. At the other end of the pitch who have scored 6 in their last three and conceded three...an identical result to Club America and Pienaar, Briand and Keane are forming a strong partnership. A draw is well on the cards in this game. 1-6

Manager Christopher will be most unhappy after this game after his team controlled great portions of the game but failed to convert their opportunities. Asensio became the provider for N'Koudou on the half hour when he scored the goal that split the teams. It was an exciting and hard fought game and Celtic will be most disappointed not to come away with a point. Final Score 1-0

150x_Hertha-BSC.jpg                    V                    150x_Manchester-City.jpg

Prediction: The final match of the round will see 7th placed Berlin visited by Manchester City. Neither team won last time out and there is only a point between them, so it should be a very close game. Neither team has any injuries. For my money the strike force of Cambiasso, Mina and Brandt will be too strong for the Germans and City will take the points but it could be a reasonably high scoring game...maybe 2-3 or something similar. But an away win is the forecast 2-6

Well I got this one more or less perfect re the prediction. Away win and three goals scored. Cardona opened the scoring for Berlin when Frey gave him a free run at goal and the ball trickled under the keeper and into the net. Other wise not much to report in the first half. In the 71st minute Deeney did what Deeney does well and slotted home an El Gahzi pass to even the scores and then 8 minutes later fired home a ball from Cambiasso for his second. Otherwise the match was a bit of an arm wrestle but Manager Noisy will be very pleased with the grit and determination shown by his team to come away with the points.Final Score 1-2

madrid finding a littel from now!

Wondering who might be having trouble handling their dressing rooom?

well it is round 6 next which heralds the first of the random events. A club has been selected at random and so has the event...but I do not want to announce what is happening until after round 6. Just thought I would throw in a teaser without giving everything away.

Without yet announcing the club involved here is the process that was undertaken to select the club for the first random event. A similar process will take place each time.

STEP 1. A manager was selected and asked to use random.org to select a number from 1-16
STEP 2. The number was selected prior to round 5

STEP 3. The team selected was the team in that ladder position AFTER round 5. In following rounds I will get the number selected 2 rounds before the event so the club will change because of results changing the positions.

STEP 4. A number was selected between 1-10

STEP 5. I drew up a list of the 10 possible reward/penalty selections based on the explanation on the front page of the forum and then selected the penalty (as it was in this case) based on that list. The list will change for each event to ensure no one knows which number relates to what penalty.

A storyline will be used to announce the random event which I hope will cause some interest....

If anyone has any questions please post them.

Also...do managers think I should advise the manager before announcing the random event or are you happy for it to just appear? - COMMENTS PLEASE

Well, if a manager is asked to use random.org, you obviously have to inform them in advance.

But for the rest I think you can just post it here without warning, perhaps send everyone an in-game message about it tho.

All the steps seem pretty clear except for I'm completely lost at step 3.

I thought basically the idea was that you draw a random number and a random event, and that's what happens.

Not sure what all the other stuff you're describing is about :P

Well, if a manager is asked to use random.org, you obviously have to inform them in advance.

But for the rest I think you can just post it here without warning, perhaps send everyone an in-game message about it tho.

All the steps seem pretty clear except for I'm completely lost at step 3.

I thought basically the idea was that you draw a random number and a random event, and that's what happens.

Not sure what all the other stuff you're describing is about :P

we draw a random number and that relates to a team position on the ladder as to which team gets picked. The reason I leave it until after the next round is to prevent someone cheating and giving ma a number because they know what I am doing and can select the number of the team they want to mess with. The results for the games mean that the number chosen will not relate to that team after a round or two of football....none of us can guess the scores and what will happen. Just trying to make the whole process as openly honest as possible.

Instead of doing that, why don't you randomize number all the teams too, that's easier and cleaner :P

Because my way is better. I AM randomizing the team numbers so that [part is the same. BUT I have added an extra layer that makes it impossible for me to know which number refers to which team until AFTER the number is drawn. There can be no complaint that the team was selected rather than randomised because it is impossible.

Match Day 6:

In game one third place Man City host fourth place Ajax at the Emirates coming off a win away at Berlin. Cambiasso is the main threat for City with 3 goals and three assists in 5 matches with Divock  Origi leading the line for Ajax with three goals and two MOTM performances in the same number of games. Ajax were probably lucky to escape with a draw in their last game and Manager LauraV will be demanding a better performance for this game. City will also be without Rafinha for his game. He is out with a minor foot injury. I am forecasting an upset here with Ajax to take the points.

Game 2 sees 6th play 7th in what should be another close game. Rumours of discontent after the previous round against Ajax seem to be centering on Feyenoords dressing room with rumours yet to be confirmed centering around issues with the team selection for the last game. Whether or not this is enough to upset the dutchmen and throw them off their game remains to be seen but this should be a close encounter. Stuttgart will be without Lemar who was injured in the cup game win away at West Ham but he has not featured in the league yet so probably it is business as normal for both sides. Forecasting a draw here.

Sunderland have moved up to 5th with a draw at Stuttgart last time out will face PSG who will be smarting after yet again another quarter final exit from the UEFA Champions League. PSG will be without defender marc Wilson and Sunderland will have left sided playere Niabullin out suspended for 2 matches after a red card for an elbow to the head in his last game. Sunderland have been finding the net with Camarasa leading the charge with three goals and the PSG defense has been struggling. Sunderland should take the points at the Stadium of light.

Cologne will travel to Hanover for match 4 following an away win at PSG. Charlie Adam has been in excellent form for The Reds and may well prove the fiddrenc between the sides in this game. Cologne are coming off a loss to the rising Atletico with Kranevitter and Rabiot a bit off the boil in recent matches. I am however expecting the visitors to perform well in this game and expect them to share the points.

Atletico are 2 from 2 and will host bottom club Newcastle at Vincente Claderon in a very positive frame of mind. Castillejo is finding some form for the hosts and Newcastle will be without Thorgen Hazard who could miss as many as three matches with a groin strain. Newcastle are more than capable of winning this game but their form has been eratic. If they do not turn up with their best form next match they will struggle to get a result. Forecast for a home win to continue the rise of the Colchoneros.

Eintrach Frankfurt had a thumping away 3-0 win over Newcastle in the last round and play host to Guangzhou who registered their first win of the season agains Seattle. Franfurt have all players available but Dendoncker is out for the visitors with a sprained ankle. For frankfurt Alli and Coman have three goals a piece and will be hard for the Chinese team to contain even given their new found form. A home win forecast here.

Seattle will weclome the victorious Club America to CenturyLink field coming off that away loss while CA continue to take the league by storm. everything has fallen in place for the Mexicans so far this season and it should be an interesting midfield battle. Januzaj for Seattle and Janssen for CA are leading league assists with four each and there might not be as much difference between the two sides as it appears in the league positins at this early stage of the campaign. I am going to take the plunge and predict Seattle will end the run for for CA and come away with the points.

In the final match of the round 2nd place Celtic will play host to Hertha Berlin with both teams coming off a last match loss. For Celtic Pienaar, Briand and Keane are all fit and raring to go with 7 goals between them for the season. Berlin will be without Zukanovic. The left back is out having twisted an ankle last game. The scots should be too strong for the visitors. Celtic to get back to their winning ways in this game.

disagree Pedro i think set rounds is good so we know WHEN these thigns will happen, the random is the outcome. I also agree with Closer, i think all teams randomised is cleaner. do 1-16 alpahbetised even. You need to use a constant though and not a variable like league position. I mean Gordon (not that you or whoever drew number would) but if there was 1 round to go and you are in 5th and you know iths 5th and 4th is 4 points clear but 6th is 1 point behind maybe you throw the game?  Id rahter trust my fellow managers and gordon and just pick the team at random.

disagree Pedro i think set rounds is good so we know WHEN these thigns will happen, the random is the outcome. I also agree with Closer, i think all teams randomised is cleaner. do 1-16 alpahbetised even. You need to use a constant though and not a variable like league position. I mean Gordon (not that you or whoever drew number would) but if there was 1 round to go and you are in 5th and you know iths 5th and 4th is 4 points clear but 6th is 1 point behind maybe you throw the game?  Id rahter trust my fellow managers and gordon and just pick the team at random.

Appreciate your input Cam but to be honest, in the end, any system can be manipulated if the person doing it is dishonest. I could talk about the voice of experience here but that would just be bitchy. The method I have developed means that one person selects a number at random using random.org. We can get a screen shot of the selection if necessary but even that is only a check that Random.org was used...it could have been the 21st attempt at getting a number. Then I use the teams in order from 1-16 as per the ladder as the list. From the other side of the coin if the list wa constant...like lets say Alphabetical, the person selecting the number would be able to select the club involved if such was there mindset. All of these methods work fine and if I involve more than just me in selecting the club involved at least it removes the thought that something is not quite Kosher...as the saying goes.

I also prefer the idea that the incident just happens....so I will do it that way henceforth.

Thanks for the input from those that have made some. Please continue to add thoughts just in case we have all missed something...and no I will not take ANY bribes to ensure that Huddo is fixed up so stop asking me....:)

150x_Manchester-City.jpg                    V                    150xafc-ajax.jpg

Prediction: In game one third place Man City host fourth place Ajax at the Emirates coming off a win away at Berlin. Cambiasso is the main threat for City with 3 goals and three assists in 5 matches with Divock  Origi leading the line for Ajax with three goals and two MOTM performances in the same number of games. Ajax were probably lucky to escape with a draw in their last game and Manager LauraV will be demanding a better performance for this game. City will also be without Rafinha for his game. He is out with a minor foot injury. I am forecasting an upset here with Ajax to take the points.

As I figured it was a harder game for City than they thought it would be. Add too that that both teams had a man sent off - Funes Mori for City and Mendes for Ajax (both players will miss one game although there is an injury cloud over Funes Mori as well) and you can tell it was a rugged affair. I predicted a win for Ajax and they did take the lead in the 24th minute when a strong challenge on Embolo gave his side a free kick. Embolo took it himself and blasted it over the wall and into just inside the post...and so the score remained until half time. Embolo was later voted MOTM and with a bit more composure the young man could have had a hat trick. Cambiasso again lived up to his reputation when, in the 79th minute, he set up the equalizer for Julian Brandt who fired the ball across the keeper. Both teams had half chances in the last few minutes but the game finished even Final Score 1-1

150x_feyenoord.jpg                     V                    150x_Stuttgart_FC.jpg

Prediction: Game 2 sees 6th play 7th in what should be another close game. Rumours of discontent after the previous round against Ajax seem to be centering on Feyenoords dressing room with rumours yet to be confirmed centering around issues with the team selection for the last game. Whether or not this is enough to upset the dutchmen and throw them off their game remains to be seen but this should be a close encounter. Stuttgart will be without Lemar who was injured in the cup game win away at West Ham but he has not featured in the league yet so probably it is business as normal for both sides. Forecasting a draw here. 0-2

With rumours of dressing room unrest following Feyenoord the draw seemed likely but the home side wee in fantastic form and outplayed the visitors in most parts of the field. Stuttgart started brightly with Oliveira drawing a save from Boruc in just the 4th minute and then just four minutes later the same player had the ball in the net only to be ruled offside in a very tight decision. However the home side came into the game more from here resulting in a free kick taken bu Moukandjo in the 23rd minute that sneaked under the wall for a 1-0 lead. 9 minutes later MOTM Moukandjo made it 2-0 following a detective through ball from the lively Ward Prowse that he slotted into the corner. Feyenoord 2 up at the break. Oliveira kept working in the second half and drew another great save from Boruc but it was not looking like the day would fall the visitors way when in the 62nd Minute the two players from the second goal reversed roles and Moukandjo became the supplier for Ward Prowse to make it 3. 15 minutes from the end Boufal latched onto a curling cross from Olic for a consolation but the result was never in doubt. Final Score 3-1

150x_Sunderland.jpg                    V                    150x_psg.jpg

Prediction: Sunderland have moved up to 5th with a draw at Stuttgart last time out will face PSG who will be smarting after yet again another quarter final exit from the UEFA Champions League. PSG will be without defender marc Wilson and Sunderland will have left sided playere Niabullin out suspended for 2 matches after a red card for an elbow to the head in his last game. Sunderland have been finding the net with Camarasa leading the charge with three goals and the PSG defense has been struggling. Sunderland should take the points at the Stadium of light. 1-2

This one went pretty well according to plan and as predicted Camarasa was the architect with a goal and an assist for a MOTM performance, his third in just 6 games. Toure opened the scoring for the home side in the 10 minute when Sunderland won a corner taken by Miranchuk and the PSG defense failed to mark him tightly enough as the same frailties continue to show themselves for the visitors. Camarasa continued to wreak havoc putting Kostic through for a second time but again the left midfielder could not find the target. PSG defense however sttod up to the test for quite a while after the early lapse and it was not until the 75th minute as tired legs tried to make tackles that Camasara whipped in a free kick that found Miranchuk unmarked and the score was 2-0. Heads dropped again for PSg and four minutes later another careless free kick in front of goal had Camarasa again firing the ball home from 22 yards. The hard working sessegnon pulled a great save from Butland in the dying minutes but Phil Cook has really got to rethink things if he is going to turn this season around with PSG now having conceded 14 goals in 6 games. Final Score 3-0

150x_hannover-96.jpg                    V                    150x1.-fc-koln-8.jpg

Prediction: Cologne will travel to Hanover for match 4 following an away win at PSG. Charlie Adam has been in excellent form for The Reds and may well prove the difference between the sides in this game. Cologne are coming off a loss to the rising Atletico with Kranevitter and Rabiot a bit off the boil in recent matches. I am however expecting the visitors to perform well in this game and expect them to share the points. 1-3

Well what is happening to Cologne? After a strong start to the season they came up against a Hanover side that got its first win last round and Cologne never got into the game. just three minutes into the match Albornoz found a gem of a pass to Leon Osman who caught the defense far too square and fired the ball across Donnarumma for the teams first and Osman's third for the season. Donnarumma then had to make two smart saves from Schwaab and Morel before his defenders let him down, giving away a free kick within shooting range for jose Rodriguez. The Captain made no mistake in off the post for 2-0. Only 8 minutes later Martin Kelly making runs down the wing almost at will linked up with Vazquez who made it three for the home tem and the game was all but over. Just on half time Elneny put his foot through one from outside the box to make it 3-1. It looked like a comeback may have been on the cards as the second half got underway. Elneny making inroads towards goal was brought down in a clumsy challenge by Vazquez, who was given a straight red card. But the captain dragged the spot kick wide when a goal may have got them right back into the game. with a one man advantage the visitors came back into the game a bit but following a lost ball El Kaddouri played Sakho in between a back-peddling defence and the striker flowted one over the advancing keeper to tie up the game. Final Score 4-1

150xATMadrid.jpg                    V                    150x_newcastle.jpg

Prediction: Atletico are 2 from 2 and will host bottom club Newcastle at Vincente Claderon in a very positive frame of mind. Castillejo is finding some form for the hosts and Newcastle will be without Thorgen Hazard who could miss as many as three matches with a groin strain. Newcastle are more than capable of winning this game but their form has been eratic. If they do not turn up with their best form next match they will struggle to get a result. Forecast for a home win to continue the rise of the Colchoneros. 1-4

Will the real Newcastle please stand up. Newcastle traveled to Madrid with fluctuating form. The had half the number of shots on target, less than half the possession and snatched a win with the only goal of the game. The differencec between the two sides was an outsyanding MOTM performance from Wilfried Zaha in his first start of the season and I am sure he will be first man selected for the next game. His wily play and startling pace kept the home defense on the hop all game and when Lingard played him into space in front of goal in the 72nd minute and he slotted home past Adan it was the icing on the cake for him. Madrid finished strongly but Newcastle hung on to take the points Final Score 0-1

150x_eintracht-frankfurt.jpg                     V                    150x_Guangzhou-Evergrande.jpg

Prediction: Eintrach Frankfurt had a thumping away 3-0 win over Newcastle in the last round and play host to Guangzhou who registered their first win of the season agains Seattle. Franfurt have all players available but Dendoncker is out for the visitors with a sprained ankle. For frankfurt Alli and Coman have three goals a piece and will be hard for the Chinese team to contain even given their new found form. A home win forecast here. 2-4

As predicted Frankfurt were way to strong as the improved Guangzhou fell back into bad habits for this game at the Commerz-bank Arena. two goals either side of half time gave the home side the win with Dele Alli completing a MOTM  performance with a magnificent hat-trick. It started in the 7th minute when Alli received a through ball from the lively Coman who now has two assists for the campaign and slotted home past a diving  Sels who put in another very strong performance in a losing side. Just two minutes later scores were level and it seemed that it was going to be a tight match as Cristoforo latched onto a ball from Vecino and fired it into the top corner but unfortunately for the visitors this would be their only shot on target for the game. After 28 minutes it was 2-0 when Juanfran playing as a center back today, found himself unmarked outside the box and fired into the top corner. Half time 2-1. The second half belonged to Alli. he drew a great save from Sels in the 65th minute and then drew a yellow card for a foul s he worked back hard in defense a minute later. In the 70th minute he lined up a free kick and curled on past the diving Sels to make it 3-1 and then completed his hat trick with an almost identical strike that left the keeper rooted to the spot with less than 10 minutes to go.Final Score 4-1

150x_Seattle_Sounders_FC.jpg                    V                    150x_clubamerica.jpg

Prediction: Seattle will weclome the victorious Club America to CenturyLink field coming off that away loss while CA continue to take the league by storm. everything has fallen in place for the Mexicans so far this season and it should be an interesting midfield battle. Januzaj for Seattle and Janssen for CA are leading league assists with four each and there might not be as much difference between the two sides as it appears in the league positins at this early stage of the campaign. I am going to take the plunge and predict Seattle will end the run for for CA and come away with the points. 2-5

Almost but no cigar. Sounders ended the 100% record of the Mexicans but could only split the points in an exciting match at CenturyLink Field. However they should have come away with the points in a match where they dominated and kept the visitors to only 1 shot at goal all game, which was converted by Baston in the 8th minute following some great work from Cheryshev. This cancelled out a smart goal from Tom Carroll just two minutes in when he converted a great pass from Baptistao. 8 minutes...1-1...and thats how it stayed. Baston peppered the Seattle goal but lacked control on the ball and Tatarusanu made some great saves the other end to keep scores level. Final Score 1-1

150x_Celtic.jpg                    V                    150x_Hertha-BSC.jpg

Prediction: In the final match of the round 2nd place Celtic will play host to Hertha Berlin with both teams coming off a last match loss. For Celtic Pienaar, Briand and Keane are all fit and raring to go with 7 goals between them for the season. Berlin will be without Zukanovic. The left back is out having twisted an ankle last game. The scots should be too strong for the visitors. Celtic to get back to their winning ways in this game. 2-6

Celtic Manager Christopher showed signs of the frustration he must be feeling after the game when he stalked past waiting media after his team lost yet another game in which they were clearly the better side. He will point to the fact that his team received 4 yellow cards in a game where the foul count was almost even, where his goalkeeper received a MOTM award in a losing side and where the opposition only managed 2 goals on target even with many of his normal starting 11 out of contention with niggling injuries. Berlin to their credit took full advantage of the situation with Vainqueur sealing the win after 66 minutes from a dubious free kick that was not defended as well as it should have been by the home defense. Celtic look a better side than 7th on the table and will be at home to Manchester City in the next match in a game that promises some fireworks as they struggle to regain a winning feeling. Final Score 0-1

Breaking News

150x_feyenoord.jpg                                     Diego-Reyes.jpg

Following rumors of dressing room problems in the league Feyenoord have today reported that talented young player Diego Reyes will be stood down for three matches after losing his temper when being advised just before the game at Ajax that he would be on the bench. The Mexican defender is reported to have flown into a rage, abusing Manager Smut and other players that tried to quieten him down, breaking a mirror in the rooms by throwing a chair into it and throwing water bottles around the dressing room in a fit of temper. A meeting has been held with the Club Management, the player and his manager and this has resulted in a statement from Reyes apologizing to the club. A spokesman for the club advises that once the suspension is served the matter is considered closed by the club who believe that Reyes has an excellent future with Feyenoord but just needs to control his passion to represent them.

Reyes will miss a League Shield game against, coincidentally, Ajax and two League Fixtures against PSG and Cologne. He will be available to return to the side for their trip to Newcastle on April 24th.

MATCH DAY 7

Looking to get a few more predictions right today as the season starts to take shape.

Stuttgart will play host to Ajax who are still laughing at the misfortune of the derby club, Feyenoord. Ajax have become the draw kings in recent times with 5 draws in six games...but that also means they remain one of 4 clubs unbeaten. LauraV will be looking to tighten the defense a little with Origi on fire in recent weeks. 3 goals and two <OTM performances in 5 games this season so far. Boufal on the other hand for the Germans is having a similar run and it really looks like another draw is on the cards. Ajax will be without Mendes after playing his first game last round and receiving a red card. That also means that Ajax are the first team to have two players sent from the field this season.

PSG will play host to 4th placed Feyenoord and are currently 15th in the Division having conceded 14 goals in 6 games a feat equaled only by the bottom club Guangzhou. PSG will be without defender Marc Wilson who is carrying a groin strain. With Feyenoord having the goalscoring duo of Moukandjo and Ward-Prowse with three goals each leading the line, Cookie will have to tighten the defense a lot to prevent another loss. Away win is forecast.

Cologne have lost three on the bounce after a promising start and David Moyes is starting to feel like Man United revisited. Sunderland are still unbeaten so far with Camarasa scoring four in six starts adding an assist to that and THREE MOTM performances I think he will be the difference in this game. Sunderland to continue to lead the chase to Club America.

Atletico Madrid travel to cellar dwellers Guangzhou on the bounce from a loss after a couple of improved matches. Gozzy at Guangzhou thought he might have found the formula after a win two matches back but fell at the next hurdles for just one win. Atletico have found goals hard to come by and maybe this will be an avenue Guangzhou can exploit. Both teams are at full strength and I am going for the home team to win by the odd goal.

Newcastle will again be without Thorgan Hazard when they line up against Hanover who themselves will b without the services of Vazquez who is taking a week off after leaving for an early shower in their last game. Vazquez was just starting to find some form and will be sorely missed by the visitors al;though Adam and Osman are a deadly duo. with Vazquez missing i am forecasting a draw.

League Leaders Club America will play host to third placed Frankfurt in the match of the round. Coman is injured for the visitors and will be missed but they also have the leading goal scorer in Dele Alli who is cruisin along at a goal a game. With Coman missing Correa may well get his first league start. CA have survived a couple of games where they maybe got points they should not have in their last two games but reading the table they are unbeaten and leading the pack. The canny Closer may be able to engineer a surprise this week and I will go for an away win in this one.

Celtic will play host to the light blues in the final game of the round. Both teams are on 9 points with Celtic coming off 0 from 2 and Man City only a point from their last game. It would be almost unheard of for the Bhoys to lose three in a row so I am going for them to defeat the visitors in a tight game. City will be without the services of Funes Mori following his red card in the last game and Celtic will see the return of Pienaar, Keane and Briand who all missed the last game with a bug that laid a few players low. Celtic will however have to keep Cambiasso under control. with 3 goals, 4 assists and a MOTM award in just six games he is tearing the opposition to pieces. .

150x_Stuttgart_FC.jpg                    V                    150xafc-ajax.jpg

Prediction: Stuttgart will play host to Ajax who are still laughing at the misfortune of the derby club, Feyenoord. Ajax have become the draw kings in recent times with 5 draws in six games...but that also means they remain one of 4 clubs unbeaten. LauraV will be looking to tighten the defense a little with Origi on fire in recent weeks. 3 goals and two <OTM performances in 5 games this season so far. Boufal on the other hand for the Germans is having a similar run and it really looks like another draw is on the cards. Ajax will be without Mendes after playing his first game last round and receiving a red card. That also means that Ajax are the first team to have two players sent from the field this season.0-1

Not a great start to the predictions. LauraV obviously did her work well on the training field during the week, tweaking the defense to keep a clean sheet for this game. This game started in the worst possible way for the home side when they gave away an early free kick following a foul 25 yards out on the left side bringing down MOTM Suarez. The resulting free kick was whipped in hard and flat by the midfielder and Dos Santos flicked it past Areola for an early lead. The game became an arm wrestle from here and at half time the score remained at 0-1. KJKJ made some changes at half time bringing on Wieser for Bazoer and Schlupp for Daniels but in the 53rd minute a foul on Origi as he threatened to break away saw Suarez step up again to curl one into the top corner from 20 yards with the keeper probably just slightly out of position. Stuttgart however did not learn the lesson. A foul in a similar position gave Suarez another free kick 5 minutes later and if Embolo could have kept the shot under the bar it would have been 3-0. In the 69th minute it was. Suarez again playing provider for the menacing Origi who was played clean through the defense and the keeper could only stand and watch it go by him into the top corner. Stuttgart tried to put pressure on the Ajax goal. They had plenty of possession but in the wrong areas of the pitch and in the end it was a comprehensive win to the visitors. Final Score 0-3

150x_psg.jpg                    V                    150x_feyenoord.jpg

PREDICTION: PSG will play host to 4th placed Feyenoord and are currently 15th in the Division having conceded 14 goals in 6 games a feat equaled only by the bottom club Guangzhou. PSG will be without defender Marc Wilson who is carrying a groin strain. With Feyenoord having the goalscoring duo of Moukandjo and Ward-Prowse with three goals each leading the line, Cookie will have to tighten the defense a lot to prevent another loss. Away win is forecast. 1-1

Phil Cook tried to stir things up in his side for this game but in the end nothing changed. PSG conceded another three goals and had two men sent off and that takes them to the top of the red card list with 3 so far. First was Elia who received a straight red for a scything tackle on Germain in just the 35th minute and the Manager refused to speak with his player as he made his way down the tunnel. Then with 10 minutes to go Captain Gutierrez showed his frustration by puling the shirt of two goals scorer Ward-Prowse and was sent from the field for a second yellow. Manager Cook will not be pleased with his captain. Strangely in all of this the shining light was veteran Wayne Routledge who put in a MOTM performance in a losing side the highlight of which was an assist for Lasrsson for their solitary goal just before half time. The first for the visitors came in just the 15th Minute when Moukandjo, who added all three goals to his assist tally today, found Ward-Prowse open and the young number 10 made it one nil. 37 Minutes in it was 2-0 with the same two players linking up for the same result. PSG were unable to muster any real threat in the second half and it was in the 69th minute that Moukandjo found Germain who had a simple tap-in to seal the result. PSG have some soul searching to do and Feyenoord are looking very dangerous. Final Score 1-3

150x1.-fc-koln-8.jpg                     V                    150x_Sunderland.jpg

Prediction: Cologne have lost three on the bounce after a promising start and David Moyes is starting to feel like Man United revisited. Sunderland are still unbeaten so far with Camarasa scoring four in six starts adding an assist to that and THREE MOTM performances I think he will be the difference in this game. Sunderland to continue to lead the chase to Club America. 1-2

Manager Huddo will be checking the team water bottles after his side completely failed to get out of the starting blocks at the RheinEnergieStadion. They could not muster a shot on goal and could only force two corners in a game where Cologne were not brilliant but did enough to take the points courtesy of an 11th minute goals from Cavaleiro with the only piece of class in the game that won him the MOTM award. otherwise there was little of note to report in this performance. David Moyes will be pleased with the points that eases pressure on him but it was not a convincing victory. Final Score 1-0

150x_newcastle.jpg                     V                    150x_hannover-96.jpg

Prediction: Newcastle will again be without Thorgan Hazard when they line up against Hanover who themselves will b without the services of Vazquez who is taking a week off after leaving for an early shower in their last game. Vazquez was just starting to find some form and will be sorely missed by the visitors although Adam and Osman are a deadly duo. with Vazquez missing i am forecasting a draw. 2-2

Newcastle tried. They peppered the Hanover goal with a total of 12 shots but MOTM Adrian put on a goalkeeping master class to deny them a win. Hanover were disappointing and created little in a game that left the spectators wondering what they paid entry fee to watch. Newcastle will need to find more composure in front of goal and Hanover will need to really have a rethink. Final Score 0-0

150x_Guangzhou-Evergrande.jpg                    V                    150xATMadrid.jpg

Prediction: Atletico Madrid travel to cellar dwellers Guangzhou on the bounce from a loss after a couple of improved matches. Gozzy at Guangzhou thought he might have found the formula after a win two matches back but fell at the next hurdles for just one win. Atletico have found goals hard to come by and maybe this will be an avenue Guangzhou can exploit. Both teams are at full strength and I am going for the home team to win by the odd goal. 2-3

Madrid manager Lucas in reaction to my prediction for this game, threatened to bring in some of his younger players if his team did not score at least 2 goals in this game and they responded by scoring three.  I fear that the lifting of transfer bans cannot come fast enough for Guangzhou who are really struggling to get in front of the game. It is just a matter of whether there is money left in the budget to make a couple of telling changes. The home side managed only 1 shot on trget and Manager Lucas will be disappointed that it led to a goal when Guedes found the unmarked and impressive El Haddadi who notched up his second for the season just before half time. This cancelled out a 31st minute cracker from MOTM Suarez that found the corner of the net with Sels beaten. In took until the 63rd minute for Madrid to get that second goal when Ighalo truned provider for the second time in the match and Mark Dabo found the net. IN the 89th Minute Ighalo himself put the game beyond doubt when he latched onto a through ball from Bukambu and was too strong for the defender. The big downside of this game for Lucas will be Castillejo getting himself sent off for a second yellow card in the 79th minute when the game was really won with an unnecessary second yellow. He will miss the next match against the league leaders. Final Score 1-3

150x_clubamerica.jpg                    V                    150x_eintracht-frankfurt.jpg

Prediction: League Leaders Club America will play host to third placed Frankfurt in the match of the round. Coman is injured for the visitors and will be missed but they also have the leading goal scorer in Dele Alli who is cruisin along at a goal a game. With Coman missing Correa may well get his first league start. CA have survived a couple of games where they maybe got points they should not have in their last two games but reading the table they are unbeaten and leading the pack. The canny Closer may be able to engineer a surprise this week and I will go for an away win in this one. 2-4

The Canny Closer could do no such thing as his team crashed to a 3-1 defeat against the league leaders today and one wonders if anyone is going to catch them. Statistically the game was fairly even but with Janssen leading the attack with two assists and Niang failing to impress in Comans place Frankfurt could not manage the wherewithal to beat CA today. The visitors started well with Carbonero finding the net after just 16 minutes but just before half time a mistake by  Bonera let Janssen through. He found N'Koudou and scores were level at the break. With Comans missing Frankfurt seemed to want Dele Alli to pick up the slack and CA marked him hard which stifled the creativity of the visiting side. Manager Angelotti rang the changes for the home side on the hour in search of a win and was rewarded in the 70th minute when Carbonero was adjudged fouled in the box and Asensio blasted home the spot kick. With 6 minutes left on the clock Janssen again provided N'Koudou with a peach of a pass and the winger notched his second. Next round it will be the job of Cameron Lucas and Madrid to stop the runaway train that is Club America. Final Score 3-1

150x_Hertha-BSC.jpg                    V                    150x_Seattle_Sounders_FC.jpg

Prediction: Apologies to both teams. In the rush to get these done yesterday I missed them. Of course I would OBVIOUSLY have got the prediction correct so that makes it 3-4 :)

Manager JuxtinX decided to play narrow and attacking for this match and it paid dividends with shots on target 8 to 2 in his favour. They came out of the gate like a bull at a rodeo and were 1-0 up inside four minutes when Niklas Bendtner did something right and found Raggi unmarked in the box who curled the shot past Schmeichel for an early lead. In the 20th minute Raggi made it 2 for him and the team when Stambouli found him lose again and he drove home bust the diving keeper. Just before half time it could have been three when januzal found Baptisto with yards of space and again the ball found the back of the net but the strike was ruled offside by the referees assistant. Just on the hour Berlin hit back against the run of play when Niasse found Cardona and the number 10 brought it back to a 1 goal lead but the home side were unable to find the second as Sounders sat back and defended their lead to the end. Final Score 1-2

150x_Celtic.jpg                    V                    150x_Manchester-City.jpg

Prediction: Celtic will play host to the light blues in the final game of the round. Both teams are on 9 points with Celtic coming off 0 from 2 and Man City only a point from their last game. It would be almost unheard of for the Bhoys to lose three in a row so I am going for them to defeat the visitors in a tight game. City will be without the services of Funes Mori following his red card in the last game and Celtic will see the return of Pienaar, Keane and Briand who all missed the last game with a bug that laid a few players low. Celtic will however have to keep Cambiasso under control. with 3 goals, 4 assists and a MOTM award in just six games he is tearing the opposition to pieces. 4-4

it was a very workmanlike and professional performance that saw Celtic run out 2-0 winners against the visiting Man City in a game that appeared fairly even but Celtic were rarely under pressure form the visitors. The return of the front line attack from illness saw Pienaar with a MOTM performance scoring one goal and assisting on the other. He now has 3 goals, 3 assists and 2 MOTM performances in 6 games and is certainly the man to stop in the creative department for Celtic. The home side scored 1 in each half withPisnaar put through by Briand on the half hour and Pienaar the supplier for Hojbjerg, who is improving each game, just before the hour mark. Chambers was strong in defense for City but in the end it was a comfortable victory for the home side. Final Score 2-0