Keystone

Would The New Sir Alex Please Stand Up

Just looking at the opening page to see about next season and noticed you mention 2 teams to be relegated but the league in game has 3.

Am i right in thinking that for season 2 the rating limit will go up to 88 and it hasn't been decided yet about season 3 onwards?

Just looking at the opening page to see about next season and noticed you mention 2 teams to be relegated but the league in game has 3.

Am i right in thinking that for season 2 the rating limit will go up to 88 and it hasn't been decided yet about season 3 onwards?

Looks like I slipped up there in the promotion relegation when I did the set up so we are stuck with three now. Although 2 was originally supposed to be when we had 12 teams and we now have 16. AAAHHH well...more penalties MUAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry lost it there for a moment....yes season two rating will go to 88. My thought was one level per year originally but I wanted to see which teams were coming up from below and what their level was in case they had some big name players and we may have to jump 2 levels to be competitive.. So lets see who gets promoted and what their teams look like before we make a decision on season three.

Thanks for the questions...at least I know people are thinking about things.

MATCH DAY 8

Manchester City, currently 10th in the league will play the team in 13th, Stuttgart. However with such a tight league early in the season a win for either team will mean they will move up the table quite a way. City were beaten at Celtic last time out and will want to post a swift reversal of fortune with an overall lift in performance. Stuttgart will be bitterly disappointed with their last match, a 3-0 thrashing by Ajax at home, and I am sure the riot act has been read in their dressing room. Home ground advantage for the win but Cambiasso needs more support for his fantastic supply..

Ajax will entertain PSG at the Amsterdam Arena and with Amsterdam scoring 12 goals in 7 games, second only to Club America and Frankfurt, and PSG conceding 17...a feat equalled only by Bottom Team Guangzhou, PSG will have to be at their very best to stay in the game. The strange thing with PSG is the they have also scored 11 this season, only one less than Ajax. Not too much wrong up front but defensively they have some issues. Azzouzi1 for Ajax and Elia for PSG are out suspended but with Origi with 4 goals to date and Denis Suarez with 3 goals and 5 assists the home side look to be far too strong. Home win again here.

Feyenoord are on a great run at the moment and remain unbeaten in the league. Cologne have been a bit erratic in their results but a win for the visitors would see them sitting alongside the Dutch team in the league. Feyenoord will rely on Moukandjo and Ward Prowse as their strike force but will be without Diego Reyes, still serving a suspension imposed by the club. Cologne will rely on Kranevitter and Rabiot but may not quite have the firepower to hold the home side. 3 Home wins from 3

TYNE-WEAR Derby Time!!! Sunderland, still smarting from their first loss of the season at Cologne, will welcome the inconsistent Newcastle to the stadium of light. Manager Huddo will be expected to change a few things is his side this round after his team could not get one shot on target in the last game and will be looking to camasara with four to his name already to correct that. The home side will be without midfielder Ceballos who is recovering from a twisted ankle and attacking midfielder Sisto serving a one match ban. Newcastle defender Keane will miss three matches with a groin strain and with Newcastle unlucky not to get a better result from Hanover's visit Newcastle may feel this is their time to get one over the old enemy. Always a hard one to pick because of the passion involved in this one...so I will sit in the fence....a draw it is.

Guangzhou travel to Hanover in our next preview still struggling to find some form. The home side are on the bounce after escaping with a draw at Newcastle and will be looking for an improved performance. Leon Osman should lead the charge in an unchanged side for the home team but Guangzhou will travel without defender Marquez who is recovering from torn ligaments in his ankle. Coach Gozzy will just have to keep trying to find the right mix for his squad who arguably not a bad side on paper but I am afraid that they will struggle again this week. Another home win forecast.

Manager Lucas has discovered that challenging his players to perform in the media is working well for them Last round he threatened to make changes if they failed to score twice and they managed it to beat Guangzhou 3-1 in China. Now he faces his biggest challenge as he prepares to try to stop the runaway Ancellotti and his Club America. Both teams are fully fit and ready for the duel but CA have responded to every challenge thrown at them so far. This will be a cracker of a match and every time I pick against Club America they prove me wrong. So this time I will go for the draw and see what that brings.

7th placed Frankfurt are at home to German rivals Hertha Berlin in match 7 with both teams coming of a defeat in the last round. Midfielder Kris Commons is out for three weeks with a broken toe for the visitors...otherwise both sides are at full strength. To me teh combination of Alli, Coman (who missed the last game) and Talisca will be too strong for Berlin but this should be a tight game. Yet another home win.

Our final match sees Seattle hosting Celtic with both sides finding it difficult to quite get the consistency they need although both teams go into this game after wins after good in the previous round. Januzaj has been fantastic for the home side with a goal and four assists while the triumvirate of Pienaar, Briand and Keane has 8 goals between them for the Scots making it difficult for the opposition to know who to keep tabs on. This also should be a very tight game but I think Celtic may just have the firepower to take the points. 

Good luck to you all.

RESPONSES PLEASE

After our first random event I would like to hear from ALL managers if possible if it was felt that this penalty was effective in the scheme of things. This was a medium level penalty.

Did it seem too tough, too lenient or about right?

I have not seen this sort of thing tried before in a GW so I would appreciate your input on it. I think it is a good concept but maybe people you guys would like it to have more of an affect on the team that gets it.

Let me hear from you please!!!!

RESPONSES PLEASE

After our first random event I would like to hear from ALL managers if possible if it was felt that this penalty was effective in the scheme of things. This was a medium level penalty.

I have not seen this sort of thing tried before in a GW so I would appreciate your input on it. I think it is a good concept but maybe people you guys would like it to have more of an affect on the team that gets it.

For a medium level penalty I think this was fine. It was a penalty, and I'm sure the manager involved wasn't happy with it, but nothing so severe that it will really cost a team. That should only be caused by the highest level of penalties. So yeah I think it was good. I've never seen this sort of thing tried either, but I think it's really fun and it gives a random twist to things, nobody is safe, regardless of your manager skills or your ranking. And since everyone knew what they signed up for, everyone knows they can expect some sort of setback at some point. I think it's good you're asking for input, I would say there is more to say about it after a few more random events, but for now I think it's going well!

RESPONSES PLEASE

Seemed good. Out of curiosity, could you give us an example of a soft and a harsh penalty?

For a medium level penalty I think this was fine. It was a penalty, and I'm sure the manager involved wasn't happy with it, but nothing so severe that it will really cost a team. That should only be caused by the highest level of penalties. So yeah I think it was good. I've never seen this sort of thing tried either, but I think it's really fun and it gives a random twist to things, nobody is safe, regardless of your manager skills or your ranking. And since everyone knew what they signed up for, everyone knows they can expect some sort of setback at some point. I think it's good you're asking for input, I would say there is more to say about it after a few more random events, but for now I think it's going well!

Thanks Laura...yes I am sure there will be more on it....lets see how it develops. It is just good when the feedback is there to say either it is too tough or...didn't really notice it. :)

150x_Manchester-City.jpg                    V                    150x_Stuttgart_FC.jpg

Prediction: Manchester City, currently 10th in the league will play the team in 13th, Stuttgart. However with such a tight league early in the season a win for either team will mean they will move up the table quite a way. City were beaten at Celtic last time out and will want to post a swift reversal of fortune with an overall lift in performance. Stuttgart will be bitterly disappointed with their last match, a 3-0 thrashing by Ajax at home, and I am sure the riot act has been read in their dressing room. Home ground advantage for the win but Cambiasso needs more support for his fantastic supply..0-1 (there is a great start....)

Although 100% fit Cambiasso did not appear in the squad for this game and rumours will abound for the reason. Manager Noisy has yet to comment on why he left out one of his stars. Also some of the home sides players looked very tired by the end of the game and it does beggar the question did Manager Noisy err when only picking up 21 players for his squad? City did not manage a shot on goal and with less than 40% of the ball noe can only suggest it was a pretty one sided game. Despite all that, Stuttgart struggled to find a way through and it took until the 68th minute, as the City Players ran out of legs, for veteran Olic to get the ball in the net. Milik put through an early ball and Olic made no mistake. 12 minutes later Tufan found Milik who hit the ball early past the despairing keeper but was ruled out for offside but only two more minutes went by befor Olic again found the net courtesy of a great pass from Linetty. Final Score 0-2

150xafc-ajax.jpg                    V                    150x_psg.jpg

Prediction: Ajax will entertain PSG at the Amsterdam Arena and with Amsterdam scoring 12 goals in 7 games, second only to Club America and Frankfurt, and PSG conceding 17...a feat equalled only by Bottom Team Guangzhou, PSG will have to be at their very best to stay in the game. The strange thing with PSG is the they have also scored 11 this season, only one less than Ajax. Not too much wrong up front but defensively they have some issues. Azzouzi1 for Ajax and Elia for PSG are out suspended but with Origi with 4 goals to date and Denis Suarez with 3 goals and 5 assists the home side look to be far too strong. Home win again here. 0-2 (gets better by the minute...)

Two things appear to have happened in this game. The first is that PSG manager Cookie has found a set up that suits his players a little better and made them more competitive. The second is that PSG got off to a flying start when Chris Brunt latched onto a pass from Beauvue and hit it on the turn past the diving Ryan. PSG took this as a positive and lifted to a stage where it seemed that Ajax were never going to get back into the game. It was left to the highly talented Breel Embolo completed a MOTM performance when he side-footed home a pass from Telles to even the scores. Much improved performance from PSG and gives them something to build on. Ajax perhaps reading their own from the last match and took the team from the bottom end of the division a little too easily. Final Score 1-1

150x_feyenoord.jpg                     V                     150x1.-fc-koln-8.jpg

Prediction: Feyenoord are on a great run at the moment and remain unbeaten in the league. Cologne have been a bit erratic in their results but a win for the visitors would see them sitting alongside the Dutch team in the league. Feyenoord will rely on Moukandjo and Ward Prowse as their strike force but will be without Diego Reyes, still serving a suspension imposed by the club. Cologne will rely on Kranevitter and Rabiot but may not quite have the firepower to hold the home side. 3 Home wins from 3 0-3 (you people just want me to look bad - I know)

Everything went according to how I saw the game except for the result. Ward Prowse and Moukandjo combined for the home team goal in the 27th minute. Feyenoord had 66% of the ball and 11 shots to 2 on target. So what, you may ask, went wrong. First the defense was caught out pushing for a second when Cavaleiro found Van Beek on a rare foray into enemy territory and beat the keeper with a cracking shot. The second was a MOTM performance by visiting keeper Donnarumma who somehow kept Feyenoord at bay despite their best efforts making some magnificent world class saves. Final Score 1-1 (See what I mean about MOTM 'keepers)

150x_Sunderland.jpg                    V                    150x_newcastle.jpg

Prediction: TYNE-WEAR Derby Time!!! Sunderland, still smarting from their first loss of the season at Cologne, will welcome the inconsistent Newcastle to the stadium of light. Manager Huddo will be expected to change a few things is his side this round after his team could not get one shot on target in the last game and will be looking to camasara with four to his name already to correct that. The home side will be without midfielder Ceballos who is recovering from a twisted ankle and attacking midfielder Sisto serving a one match ban. Newcastle defender Keane will miss three matches with a groin strain and with Newcastle unlucky not to get a better result from Hanover's visit Newcastle may feel this is their time to get one over the old enemy. Always a hard one to pick because of the passion involved in this one...so I will sit in the fence....a draw it is. 0-4 (thanks Huddo)

A tale of two keepers in this game with Butland MOTM (sic) for Sunderland and Rico not having a good one at all for the visitors. The Northern Derby was not a classic but Manager Huddo will go home with the points and a smile. In a reasonably even game Tibbling found Inaki Williams lose in the box who hit it across the face of Rico and into the net but the keeper was slow to react and on another day may well have stopped that one. In the 20th Minute rico failed to come for a ball he really should have claimed and Tomkin brought down Camasara trying to make up ground. Camasara slotted it into the top corner from the spot. Newcastle woke up a bit from here and peppered the home goal but Butland was unbeatable, both Skjelbred and hazard coming close. But just after half time the first goal became an action replay when Tibbling found Williams again unmarked and the visitors were three behind. Final Score 3-0

150x_hannover-96.jpg                    V                    150x_Guangzhou-Evergrande.jpg

Prediction: Guangzhou travel to Hanover in our next preview still struggling to find some form. The home side are on the bounce after escaping with a draw at Newcastle and will be looking for an improved performance. Leon Osman should lead the charge in an unchanged side for the home team but Guangzhou will travel without defender Marquez who is recovering from torn ligaments in his ankle. Coach Gozzy will just have to keep trying to find the right mix for his squad who arguably not a bad side on paper but I am afraid that they will struggle again this week. Another home win forecast. 1-4 (finally)

There is not much we can say about this game. Hanover had 74% of the ball and 13 shots to 0 on target in a game that left Guangzhou supporters in a stunned silence by the end. Diafra Sakho picked up a second MOTM performance for the season scoring the last of three goals for the home side in the 70th minute when he latched onto a cross from Rodriguez. For the other two in the 16th minute osman got onto a through ball from Jeremy Morel that dipped over the keeper and Sane put one into the top corner from 18 yards after some good work from Adam but this was a very one sided game and morale looks very low in the Guangzhou camp. Back to the drawingboard for the beleaguered Gozzy. Final Score 3-0

150xATMadrid.jpg                    V                    150x_clubamerica.jpg

Prediction: Manager Lucas has discovered that challenging his players to perform in the media is working well for them Last round he threatened to make changes if they failed to score twice and they managed it to beat Guangzhou 3-1 in China. Now he faces his biggest challenge as he prepares to try to stop the runaway Ancellotti and his Club America. Both teams are fully fit and ready for the duel but CA have responded to every challenge thrown at them so far. This will be a cracker of a match and every time I pick against Club America they prove me wrong. So this time I will go for the draw and see what that brings. 2-4 (hmmm)

Manager Lucas and his side will be bitterly disappointed that they did not come away with all three points in this fantastic game in Madrid. The game started fairly even but as the match moved on the home side became more in control with Tatarusanu pulling off some great save in another MOTM (GOALKEEPER) display. That makes it three in 8 games - he is worth more money. It was therefore a surprise when Melgarejo got away on the break and was brought down 22 yard out slightly to the left of goal. Melgarejo himself took the kick and blasted it home through the wall. At the start of the second half Lukaku was denied by yet another great save from the keeper but just one minute later Puncheon found Ighalo and big striker made it 1-1 with a fancy flick that even Tatarusanu could not keep out. Club America retain their unbeaten record but that is all thanks to their goalkeeper. Final Score 1-1

150x_eintracht-frankfurt.jpg                    V                    150x_Hertha-BSC.jpg

Prediction: 7th placed Frankfurt are at home to German rivals Hertha Berlin in match 7 with both teams coming of a defeat in the last round. Midfielder Kris Commons is out for three weeks with a broken toe for the visitors...otherwise both sides are at full strength. To me the combination of Alli, Coman (who missed the last game) and Talisca will be too strong for Berlin but this should be a tight game. Yet another home win. 3-4 (what a comeback)

Pretty close on this one. Alli scored the first in 17th minute when he linked up with MOTM Niang and beat Smeichel with a polished finish. Talisca was a bit off color today and was booked in the28th minute for a foul. In the 30th minute Alli played in Cmoan who was thwarted by a great save from Smeichel and in the 35th minute Niang made it 2-0 that went in off the post from range. Oliveira found Quintero in the 82nd minute for a good consolation goal but this one belonged to Frankfurt who allowed Berlin to have possession but all in the wrong areas of the pitch. Final Score 2-1

150x_Seattle_Sounders_FC.jpg                     V                    150x_Celtic.jpg

Prediction: Our final match sees Seattle hosting Celtic with both sides finding it difficult to quite get the consistency they need although both teams go into this game after wins after good in the previous round. Januzaj has been fantastic for the home side with a goal and four assists while the triumvirate of Pienaar, Briand and Keane has 8 goals between them for the Scots making it difficult for the opposition to know who to keep tabs on. This also should be a very tight game but I think Celtic may just have the firepower to take the points. 3-5 (darn it)

In the prediction i said that I thought the visitors would have too much firepower for the home side but not one of the three main strike force for Celtic were available on the day due to minor niggles and this made all the difference. That and yet another goalkeeper MOTM performance for today, this time by Kraft for Seattle.  Clinton N'Jie opened the scoring for Seattle in the 14th minute when an error at the back allowed  Berahino to find the young striker unmarked and he beat the diving Hassen. The game ebbed and flowed for the rest of the half and it was just after half time that Maurice-Belay found Kirchhoff from a corner to level scores. Celtic pressed hard from there but the great saves from Kraft kept them at bay. A good away point for the scots but they will be disappointed not to have all three. Final Score 1-1

The league is starting to take shape with leaders Club America making the most of a goalkeeper in top form and only 3 points separating teams between 2nd and 10th. A long way yet to go.

Sorry if you guys get sick of me commenting on the MOTM goalkeeper thing...but we have 8 games overnight and the GK is MOTM in four of them...and it affects the scores dramatically. SM really need to look at it but I guess they will not and we are stuck with it...ok rant over.

Sorry if you guys get sick of me commenting on the MOTM goalkeeper thing...but we have 8 games overnight and the GK is MOTM in four of them...and it affects the scores dramatically. SM really need to look at it but I guess they will not and we are stuck with it...ok rant over.

Report a bug.

Also your penalty was fantastic. Keep up the penalties.

MATCH DAY 9

Paris St Germain managed a draw last time out and will be looking to improve on that when they host Stuttgart whoc had  an excellent 2-0 win over Man City in the last round. Elia is still suspended but Sessegnon, who came on as a sub in the last match, may have shown enough for a return to the starting 11. Although PSG have scored more goals this season no one player has provided the most danger with the total being shared around. Stuttgart on the other hand have Olic and Oliveira with two goals apiece and Boufal with three and will be a tough act for the the home side to control. Despite their improving form Stuttgart will be too strong.

Cologne play host to Ajax with both teams coming off draws. Four places separate them on the table but only one point so this is an important game for both sides. All things being equal Ajax should take the points here with a strike force of Denis Suarez with 3 goals and 5 assists and Origi with 4 goals to his credit. Kranevitter and Bernadeschi have 2 goals and an assist to their names for Cologne. another away win forcast here.

Newcastle have slipped to 14th on the table and will play host to Feyenoord and as usual it will depend which Newcastle turn up for the game. Keane is out for the home team carrying an injury, Feyenoord are at full strength and with Moukandjo and Ward-Prowse witha total of 9 goals and 9 assists between them, Feyenoord should be really hard to stop. However the beating they took from Sunderland in the Derby last round may have annoyed them enough to get really fired up for this game and I am going to tip against the form. Home win.

Last placed Guangzhou will be visited by the victors in the derby last round when 3rd placed Sunderland come to call. Gunagzhou and their coach have to find a solution to this lack of form, maybe a total rethink of strategy is required. manager Huddo and Sunderland however will be looking to keep things rolling. Marquez is still out injured for Guangzhou and Camasara will lead the charge for Sunderland looking to add to his 5 goal haul. The home side will need to find a magic potion for this one. Away win forecast here.

League Leaders Club America will play host to Hanover who will be without Leon Osman for this clash. Some would consider CA lucky to have escaped with their unbeaten record intact from the last game but without Osman I do not think Hanover have the firepower to beat them. Home Win.

Manager Whisperr Don will be without Kris Commons who is still on the injury table when they play host to Atletico Madrid who will again have talented young defender Diego Reyes available following his club imposed suspension. Berlin have lost two on the trot and will be hoping to stop the drop while Madrid have collected a win and a draw from the last to, the latter being the escape by Club America. On form the Spaniards should take the points and I will stick with the form on this one.

Celtic are in fifth place following their last round draw with Eintracht just above them on the same points. The home side will be looking to get back on the winners list and should have their stars fit to play. This will be an absolute cracker of a game with Eintracht's Dele Alli leading the race for the golden boot in the first season with 7 goals from 8 games while Pienaar and Keane have 6 between them for the home side. Goals a plenty promised in this game but there is a question over the fitness of the Eintracht star. This one could well finish even.

In our final game Seattle will be looking to improve on their last round draw  while Manchester City are probably looking for someone to take it out on following their 2-0 loss in their last match. Seattle could well have the stronger defense but City have the edge in the strike force.Both teams are at full strength and again this one will be a draw.

150x_psg.jpg                    V                    150x_Stuttgart_FC.jpg

Prediction: Paris St Germain managed a draw last time out and will be looking to improve on that when they host Stuttgart whoc had  an excellent 2-0 win over Man City in the last round. Elia is still suspended but Sessegnon, who came on as a sub in the last match, may have shown enough for a return to the starting 11. Although PSG have scored more goals this season no one player has provided the most danger with the total being shared around. Stuttgart on the other hand have Olic and Oliveira with two goals apiece and Boufal with three and will be a tough act for the the home side to control. Despite their improving form Stuttgart will be too strong. 0-1

Well...50% of the ball each...5 shots on target each...so what was the difference between the sides. well the main difference was a perfect free kick from Sebastian Larsson with just 7 minutes remaining which slipped under the wall that got it all wrong and inside the post to take the points. Of course, if I were a cynical person I would say the other difference was the fact that PSG Keeper got MOTM :). However Coach Cookie has managed to get his team playing better and perhaps this win will improve their confidence and move them out of the relegation zone. Final Score 1-0

150x1.-fc-koln-8.jpg                    V                    150xafc-ajax.jpg

Prediction: Cologne play host to Ajax with both teams coming off draws. Four places separate them on the table but only one point so this is an important game for both sides. All things being equal Ajax should take the points here with a strike force of Denis Suarez with 3 goals and 5 assists and Origi with 4 goals to his credit. Kranevitter and Bernadeschi have 2 goals and an assist to their names for Cologne. another away win forcast here. 1-1

a tinjer with the line up and some fierce words from manager LauraV fired Ajax into a quality win at the RhienEnergyStadion where a disappointing cologne fought hard but were never really in the game.The fact that they scored 2 out of only three shots on target made the scoreline look far better than it should have but Ajax will be more than happy to walk away with the points. It took 11 minutes for Cologne to make thier first error with Lucas bringing down Embolo in the box and Dos Santos converting from the spot. 6 minutes later Embolo, who was causing all sorts of problems for the defense, found MOTM Gudelj who hit an ambititious shot that left the keeper rooted to the spot as it flew into the top corner. Young newcomer Brandon Barker signed form Man City late last season opened his account with the club in the 29th minute when he ran on to a through ball from Ake, controlled it well and beat Ryan at the near post. 1-2 at half time.

As the second half got underway Ajax were looking ominous with defender Jedjav able to get forward and find Correa with a defense splitting pass. Correa slotted the ball home but the lineman ruled him offside in a decision that the slow motion cameras proved was in error. However 3 minutes later Embolo again became the supplier finding Dos Santos unmarked in the box and Ajax had 3. Cologne got back on the score sheet when Correa, still showing signs of the frustration from the earlier disallowed goal, brought down Vela in the box and was lucky not to be booked. Vela stepped up to make it 2 to the home side. However Ajax were not finished and correa redeemed himself with an inch perfect pass to Gudelj who slotted in his second with just 9 minutes on the clock. Final Score 2-4

150x_newcastle.jpg                    V                    150x_feyenoord.jpg

Prediction: Newcastle have slipped to 14th on the table and will play host to Feyenoord and as usual it will depend which Newcastle turn up for the game. Keane is out for the home team carrying an injury, Feyenoord are at full strength and with Moukandjo and Ward-Prowse witha total of 9 goals and 9 assists between them, Feyenoord should be really hard to stop. However the beating they took from Sunderland in the Derby last round may have annoyed them enough to get really fired up for this game and I am going to tip against the form. Home win. 1-2 (note to self - do not tip against the form)

Apparently the loss to Sunderland was not quite enough to fire up Newcastle but despite the result it was an improved performance. That said the game was fairly even for the first half hour and it was not until the 37th minute when a piece of brilliance from Ward-Prowse unlocked the Newcastle defense and MOTM Germain fired home. IN the 72nd minute Skjelbred scored his first of the season making the most of some good work by Jese but in the last minute Germain snatched victory with a perfect pass to Moukandjo who is the last person that Newcastle wanted in front of goal at this stage of the game, and he did what he does and took the points. Moukandjo is proving to be a very dangerous weapon for Feyenoord with manager Smut singing his praises after the game. "We have been very please with Benjamin since his arrival." said Smut "His fantastic work ethic has resulted in him providing 5 goals and 6 assists in just 9 matches that is leading the way for us to build wins upon" Final Score 1-2.

150x_Guangzhou-Evergrande.jpg                     V                    150x_Sunderland.jpg

Prediction: Last placed Guangzhou will be visited by the victors in the derby last round when 3rd placed Sunderland come to call. Gunagzhou and their coach have to find a solution to this lack of form, maybe a total rethink of strategy is required. manager Huddo and Sunderland however will be looking to keep things rolling. Marquez is still out injured for Guangzhou and Camasara will lead the charge for Sunderland looking to add to his 5 goal haul. The home side will need to find a magic potion for this one. Away win forecast here. 2-2

It is really difficult to find too many positives for Manager Gozzy to hang his hat on after this performance from Guangzhou and, if he has got any money left in the coffers, he will be waiting feverishly for the TB's to lift in a month. Even with the advantage of a MOTM performance by his 'keeper - the second by Matz Sels - his side could not get anything from this game and Sunderland will probably be disappointed they did not further improve their goal average. Guangzhou could only manage 27% possession on the day and did not have one shot on target in a performance that had the stadium half empty with 15 minutes to go as fans left in disgust. It was only a magnificent effort from Sels that kept scores level up to half time and that was with star player so far this season Camasara on the bench with Manager Huddo citing a niggling injury needing some rest. In teh 55th minute it still took a piece of brilliance from Benassi to open the scoring when Sunderland were awarded a free kick 23 yards out and slightly off center which was curled around the wall and into the top corner with the keeper just unable to reach it. Along with Benassi Ings had looked dangerous all day and with 25 minutes to go Ausgustinsson found him unmarked and even the brilliant Sels could not stop the second. Although it is early in the season Guangzhou are now in dire straits with only 1 in on the board and will need to do something fairly dramatic from here to stay in the top flight. Final Score 0-2