Keystone

Would The New Sir Alex Please Stand Up

Season One Wrap

Before we start this report a couple of things to mention:

1. I have decided to further increase the Bonus amounts to each club by 5 Mill – I did not ask anyone really but I guessing no one will object J
  2. No one kept enough clean sheets to claim the prizes on offer.
  3. Future season amounts are being re-evaluated and will be posted before the start of this season along with other rules and regs.
  4. Buying new players should not commence before the start of the new season…otherwise you will be penalised. Apart from anything else it would put you over budget for this season and you do NOT want to do that.
  5. Thanks to you all for a good season. From here it will only grow and get better I am sure. Watch out for season two rules. To be posted shortly.
  6. ALL SPENDING AMOUNTS FOR SEASON TWO ARE PLUS SALES

CONGRATULATIONS JustinX and Seattle Sounders on winning the title in our first year despite a 4-1 thrashing in the last game. As expected Clinton N’jie was awarded the Golden Boot scoring 19 goals in just 24 Games. Seattle will be looking to repeat the dose next season.  For season two Seattle will have a spending budget of 25 Mill plus 20 Mill for winning the league and 2 Mill for the leading goal scorer. Total 47 Mill

RUNNER UP – Mr Smut and Feyenoord came second beating Eintracht in the final game 3-2. They chased hard and actually made it to the top once but could not hold off the challenge of the Yankees. Base amount plus bonus means 42 Mill for season 2.

Celtic wrapped up the season with a win and held on to third place beating Stuttgart 1-0. A bad run of draws late season cost them a chance at the title. Season two will see them get 40 Mill to trade with plus a 2 Mill bonus for the player of the season and a 1Mill bonus as Shield runner up. 43 Mill total.

Hertha Berlin had a draw in the final round with PSG to hold on to fourth spot. Well done to Venk for the improvement shown by Berlin after his take over. Season two will see them with 39Mill.

Newcastle climbed 2 spots into 5th with a 2-1 win over Guangzhou and will have 38 Mill to spend for season two.

Hanover dropped to 6th when beaten 3-2 by Manchester City and will pick up 37 Mill

Stuttgart lost to Celtic ion their last game and slipped to 7th. They get 36 Mill for this PLUS a bonus 3 Mill as Cup winners PLUS a bonus 3 Mill for the least number of red and yellow cards. Total 42 Mill

Atletico Madrid beat Sunderland 1-0 at the stadium of light to complete a poor run at the end of the season for the north of England team. 8th spot will get them 35 Mill to spend.

Sunderland finished 9th swapping places with the team that beat them. They get 34 Mill PLUS a bonus 1 Mill as Cup Runner Up – 35 Mill total.

Eintracht stayed in 10th place despite losing their last game. 33 Million for the league plus 3 Mill for a cup win. Total 38 Mill for season two.

Ajax climbed to 11th with a big win over Seattle. They get 32 Mill for that but lose 3 Mill for having the most red cards in the season…a total of 7. 29 Mill for season two.

PSG dropped to 12th with a final round draw. 31 Mill coming for season two.

A draw by Club America was enough to keep them out of the drop zone and they will take home 30 Mill for season 2.

Now we come to the relegated clubs.

Manchester City tried to get out of jail in the last round with a good win but they did not quite make it and will receive 29 Mill to help them get out of jail for season two. SANTI MINA has advised the club he is disgusted with being relegated and wishes to leave the club. He must be sold before the start of season 2. He can be sold for CV but if a division one team wants to buy him an additional fee could be negotiated.

Cologne were relegated with a couple of rounds to go and will have 28 Mill in their budget for season two. Midfielder Adrien Rabiot has handed in a transfer request and must be sold before the commencement of season 2. He can be sold for CV but if a division one team wants to buy him an additional fee could be negotiated.

Guangzhou finished in last place but showed some recovery before the end of the season. Their manager has resigned and the Board are searching for a replacement. They receive 28 Mill but will lose an additional 3 Mill for conceding more than the limit of goals. Total 25 Mill. In the wake of the upheaval in the club transfer and the results during the season transfer requests have been received from Munir El Hadaddi and Goalkeeper Matz Sels. They must be sold before the commencement of season two. They can be sold for CV but if a division one team wants to buy them an additional fee could be negotiated.

Olympiacos and Stoke City have automatic promotion to join us in Division One for season two. These teams will have access to bigger squads than the rest of us so the competition will be interesting to say the least. The third team will be decided by playoff.

Fenerbahce and SL Benfica will join Division 2 on their way up. AS Roma and Schalke move out of Div 4

MATCH DAY 30

FINAL ROUND - CONGRATS TO JUSTIN AND THE SOUNDERS

Match One - Newcastle host Guangzhou and a win could see them as high as 5th spot. Guangzhou are relegated by are showing better form at the end of the season. Home Win Forecast - 1-0

Match Two - Cologne host Club America. This is a MUST WIN OR DRAW game for Club America to be certain of avoiding the drop. Manchester City are in the drop Zone but a win in the final round and a loss to CA will see positions reverse. Away win here 1-1

Match Three - Paris St Germain will play Berlin at the Parc Des Princes. PSG really cannot improve their situation but can avoid a lower position which brings less income for next season. Berlin oon the other hand can steal 4th place from Celtic with a win depending on the other teams results. Berlin to win 1-2

Match Four - Stuttgart host Celtic. Stuttgart can pull level on points with the Celts if they win although it would have to be a slaughter for them to achieve a better goal difference and this is unlikely. A win for Celtic should confirm 3rd spot. Away Win Forecast 2-2

Match Five - Champions Seattle travel to Ajax with nothing to play for and Ajax now cannot be relegated so nothing much more than pride rides on this fixture. Away Win forecast 2-3

Match Six - Feyenoord will host Frankfurt in a game which is also meaningless for them as the teams behind them cannot catch them and the team above cannot be caught. Frankfurt cannot be caught by the teams below them but can improve their finances a little. Home win Forecast 3-3

Match Seven - Huddo take on Lucas at the stadium of light. The two Aussie managers will contest and depending upon results Sunderland could finish anywhere between 6th and 10th depending upon results. Atletico however can get past them with a win. This one is certainly for bragging rights. 4-3

Match Seven - Manchester City will be visited by Hanover in the final game of the season. Again depending upon results they could finish as high as third or drop to 7th. Manchester have it all to play for A win will lift them to equal 13th with Club America and if CA were to lose the goal difference would favour City. 5-3

One thing.....

How can a division 1 team buy the players up for sale from the relegated teams when we don't have enough money now? Also what about the money that these teams will get if they sell them now. Will this money be added to next season or will it be available till the start of the new season?

One thing.....

How can a division 1 team buy the players up for sale from the relegated teams when we don't have enough money now? Also what about the money that these teams will get if they sell them now. Will this money be added to next season or will it be available till the start of the new season?

How can a division 1 team buy the players up for sale from the relegated teams when we don't have enough money now? If you check on the front page of the forum it is all there. Simply put you cannot buy players now if they take you over your budget. In addition you cannot use your new budget until season two starts.

Also what about the money that these teams will get if they sell them now.  - If you sell a player now you CANNOT use that money in season two. 

If you can do a deal selling and buying before the end of the season thats fine. But you must stay within the season ONE rules. For example...you cannot buy a player over rating 87. So it would probably be silly to do so.

In the same way...if guangzhou was to sell Matz Sels BEFORE the end of the season...they cannot use that money in the next season. This means that clubs would be silly to sell players before the start of season two.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Go check page one of the forum for more info.

In the same way...if guangzhou was to sell Matz Sels BEFORE the end of the season...they cannot use that money in the next season. This means that clubs would be silly to sell players before the start of season two.

But doesn't it say in your post that those TL'ed players should be sold before the start of season two? I read that as they have to be sold within season one, and thus their sales can only be used in the budget of season one. Right?

For the rest, the fact that I lose on budget for next season because of the insane amount of red cards we received, pretty much sums up our season. Can only get better from here on, I guess ;)

How can a division 1 team buy the players up for sale from the relegated teams when we don't have enough money now? If you check on the front page of the forum it is all there. Simply put you cannot buy players now if they take you over your budget. In addition you cannot use your new budget until season two starts.Also what about the money that these teams will get if they sell them now. - If you sell a player now you CANNOT use that money in season two.

If you can do a deal selling and buying before the end of the season thats fine. But you must stay within the season ONE rules. For example...you cannot buy a player over rating 87. So it would probably be silly to do so.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Go check page one of the forum for more info.

But doesn't it say in your post that those TL'ed players should be sold before the start of season two?

This is exactly what I wanted to ask. You said they need to sell this season. And the money doesn't adds to the next season. That means the money paid for say Sels by Guangzhou in the start of the season is gone if he doesn't buy a new player this season(in about 10 days from now). In perspective of next season, Sels will be like an out of contract player coz the money Guangzhou gets for him this season and if he doesn't make it in time to bid on new player, then that money will be useless in season 2.

And one more thing:

Seattle have 24 players. So when we start on transfers next season, do we have to be under the squad limit at all time so I can buy just 1 player in the start then sell some and then buy? Or do we have to come under the squad cap before the 1st matchday of next season?

This is exactly what I wanted to ask. You said they need to sell this season. And the money doesn't adds to the next season. That means the money paid for say Sels by Guangzhou in the start of the season is gone if he doesn't buy a new player this season(in about 10 days from now). In perspective of next season, Sels will be like an out of contract player coz the money Guangzhou gets for him this season and if he doesn't make it in time to bid on new player, then that money will be useless in season 2.

And one more thing:

Seattle have 24 players. So when we start on transfers next season, do we have to be under the squad limit at all time so I can buy just 1 player in the start then sell some and then buy? Or do we have to come under the squad cap before the 1st matchday of next season?

you can't have more than 25 players in your squad,  most of us will be selling 4 buying 4 and so on.  it will make the start of next season very interesting.

you can't have more than 25 players in your squad, most of us will be selling 4 buying 4 and so on. it will make the start of next season very interesting.

That'll be great because then there will be less of a mess.

What about my first query?

And one more thing:

But doesn't it say in your post that those TL'ed players should be sold before the start of season two? I read that as they have to be sold within season one, and thus their sales can only be used in the budget of season one. Right?

For the rest, the fact that I lose on budget for next season because of the insane amount of red cards we received, pretty much sums up our season. Can only get better from here on, I guess ;)

890430.jpg           dinozzo-a-head.jpg

HI Guys,

You are quite right...I phrased it badly. "Hangs head in shame"

Let me make it very clear now again so there is no confusion.

Transfer listed players must be sold BY THE FIRST ROUND OF SEASON TWO

The new budgets plus sales do NOT start until season two starts.

If you sell players BEFORE the start of season two YOU CANNOT add that money to the budget for season two.

At NO stage can you go over 25 players in your squad.

At NO stage can you spend more than your budget and then reduce it by selling a player.

If you bid on a new player you must ALWAYS have the moeny to spend when you bid and the room in your squad to put them when that bid is accepted.

Please let me know if you are still confused

We may have to chat about this one Huddo. :)

My thinking was why should a team that finishes bottom 3 benefit from the sale of a player and get the money towards their budget next season.

Tbh I don't mind either way Gordon.

My thinking was why should a team that finishes bottom 3 benefit from the sale of a player and get the money towards their budget next season.

Tbh I don't mind either way Gordon.

I am just thinking real world...

Relegated teams get to sell the players that want to move on and can still use the money...they just lose a good player. Will impact more in later seasons to lose a top player for CV that you may have paid over the odds for in a bidding war.

I would prefer to leave it as part of the budget....so long as they sell them at the right time...after the start of the next season.

I am just thinking real world...

Relegated teams get to sell the players that want to move on and can still use the money...they just lose a good player. Will impact more in later seasons to lose a top player for CV that you may have paid over the odds for in a bidding war.

I would prefer to leave it as part of the budget....so long as they sell them at the right time...after the start of the next season.

Agreed..... A whole lot of relegated teams are like feeding their good players to the newly promoted teams and they use that money to restructure in real life. Same should be done here.

If you sell players BEFORE the start of season two YOU CANNOT add that money to the budget for season two.

So does this mean any players sold in season 2 can be added to our budgets? Sorry I have not kept up with the thread or the forums for that matter.

So does this mean any players sold in season 2 can be added to our budgets? Sorry I have not kept up with the thread or the forums for that matter.

SLAK-OH

Sell before season two starts - no add money to budget

Sell after season two starts - add money to budget

Carpe-Diem-Field-2.jpg

Rules - Season Three

Season Three prizes and penalties. All amounts are in Millions

PLAYER MINIMUM RATING NOW LIFTED TO 89 FOR SEASON 2

Do not start buying before the start of the new season!!!

Squad size remains the same for this season.

Finishing Position          Base Amount          Bonus      Total

1                                  25                        30            55  Plus an award of 2 additional players into the squad

2                                  25                        25            50  Plus an award of 1 additional player into the squad

3                                  25                        23            48  Plus an award of 1 additional player into the squad

4                                  25                        21            46

5                                  25                        19            44

6                                  25                        17            42

7                                  25                        15            40

8                                  25                        13            38

9                                  25                        11            36

10                                  25                          9            34

11                                  25                          7            32

12                                  25                          5            30

13                                  25                          4            29

14                                  25                          3            28

15                                  25                          2            27

16                                  25                          1            26

Teams Gaining promotion

1                                  25                          5            30

2                                  25                          5            30

3                                  25                          5            30

Of course all of these figures will be plus sales and will start from the beginning of season two.

In Addition there will some further bonuses and penalties available for season three:

1. Any team that concedes more than 45 goals (1.5 per game) in the league first season will lose 3 Mill from their sales budget.

2. Any team that concedes more than 54 goals (1.8 per game) in the league first season will lose 5 Mill from their sales budget.

3. Any team that keeps 10 clean sheets in the league first season will get an additional 3 Mill on the sales budget.

4. Any team that keeps 15 clean sheets in the league first season will get an additional 5 Mill on the sales budget.

5. The team that gets the fewest Red Cards in season 2 will receive 3 Mill on the sales budget - yellow cards used as tie splitter

6. The team that gets the most Red Cards in season 2 will lose 3 Mill from their sales budget - yellow cards used as a tie splitter

7. Prizes will be awarded for the League Cup and Shield - Winner 5 Mill...Runner Up 3 Mill - Plus winning Clubs will be awarded one additional squad spot.

8. The leading goal scorer will receive a bonus 3 Mill for their club. In the event of a tie each player will get the bonus for their club

9. The Player of the Season will receive a bonus 3 Mill for their club. 

Also of course there will MORE random stuff - and it may get a bit stiffer next season.

Remember 89 is now the player rating limit. Squad maximum remains at 25 Players - minimum 21.

PLEASE REMEMBER to stick to budgets and player numbers caps - maximum and minimum...if you mess up on any of these you will NOT LIKE THE PENALTY.

Two things about this post, that are probably typo's but they might cause confusion:

- I presume you mean rules and prizes/penalties for season two, not three? 

- 'Player minimum rating lifted to 89', I presume you mean maximum rating?