Keystone

Would The New Sir Alex Please Stand Up

1589282_heroa.jpg

Dream Debut for Fabinho

Hertha BSC 1 - 0 Seattle Sounders

Hertha BSC welcomed Seattle Sounders for their first home game of the season and didn't disappoint the fans as they registered their second win for the start of the new campaign to send a clear message to their rivals. Manager Venk handed out debuts for all the four new recruit and Fabinho in particular had game he will not forget in a hurry. 

Seattle started the game game brightly out of the two sides and looked to have gone up 0-1 before the half time through N'Jie only to be flagged offside. A very even and tense game looked to be heading to a draw when Fabinho came off from nowhere to rifle Depoitre's lay off from distance to seal the 3 points in the 81st minute. Venk expressed his delight on accumulating all the three points from the game but believes there is a lot of scope of improvement in his team in the coming matches.

The German side will be facing Newcastle United in the next game at home for the third game of the season.  

Good pick up Fabinho

PSG will be visited by Sunderland and need a win to maintain some momentum. Draw forecast
Sunderland fans are starting to show some concern with a draw last round in the derby and now a 1-0 loss at PSG. 0-1

Berlin at Home to Newcastle. As always it depends which Newcastle shows up. Home win here.

Berlin continued their good form winning 2-1 against the visiting Toon although Newcastle unlucky not to share the points. 1-1

Hanover lost last round at home and could struggle against Club America as well. Away Win.

Hanover bounced back to top form winning 3-0 at home to Club America. 1-2

Celtic travel to Olympiacos after a good win and will be hopeful of points here. Away win

Celtic were 3-0 winners away to Olympiacos with Volland scoring a hattrick. 2-2

Ajax also host a newly promoted side in Bourdeaux. Home win forecast

Ajax showed they can produce a strong win at home beating Bordeaux 4-1. 3-2

Feyenoord will host Stuttgart hoping to score many and concede less  Home win here.

Feyenoord took the points 2-1 in a tight game against Stuttgart, only grabbing the winner 8 minutes from time. 4-2

Stoke city who scored 3 in a losing game last round will travel to Madrid where the home side should take the bacon. Home Win.

Atletico 3-1 too strong for Stoke who scored first. 5-2

Frankfurt will welcome Seattle hoping to bounce back from their loss in Berlin. Away win here

Seattle failed to recover from a loss last week losing 2-0 in Eintracht. 5-3

DIV 2
Guangzhou will welcome Manchester City with two of our new managers facing off. Could go either way so I will vote for the draw.

Good pick. 1-1 in China 6-3

Cologne should have no problem with Locomotive Moskva. Home win

Cologne won at a canter against Lokomotive 2-0. 7-3

Olympiakos-Gate-7-olympiacos-cfp-1948377                    V                    150x_Celtic.jpg

images.jpg

HE IS VOLLANDERFUL

Kevin Volland continued a fantastic start to the season with a hat trick against Olympiacos as Celtic romped home with the points in Greece. Vollander has now scored 5 in two games and has been a star signing for the Scots. That should be added to a hat-trick on debut against Levekeusen and two more against Olympiakos in the pre-season games. 10 goals in five games is just amazing. Celtic had 10 shots on target to none in a game where Forster could have read the paper and made coffee. Gignac continued his great form again providing two of the assists for Volland and these two are starting to look like a dangerous pairing. Celtic will host Ajax in their next round and will be looking for a win to really put pressure on the top two.

Match day 3

Feyenoord top the table in the early stages of the season on goals for from Berlin - both teams with 3 from 3. Frankfurt remain unbeaten on 7 points in third while Celtic move into fourth spot with 6 on goal difference from Stuttgart. At the wroong end of the table Stoke have yet to get a point, Bordeaux and Seattle have a point apiece with Newcastle just outside the drop zone with 2 draws. 

PSG will travel to Stoke looking to add to their win against Sunderland. Away Win Here

Sunderland are in need of a result but will entertain an unbeaten Berlin so they will have a tough game. Away Win Here

Newcastle will welcome Hanover to Tyneside sitting on the edge of the drop zone. Home win here because they are about due a good one.

Frankfurt will be looking to maintain pressure at the top of the league when they travel to an out of sorts Club America. Draw forecast.

Seattle will be at home to Olympiacos and if they cannot pick up the points in this one they may be in for a long season. Home Win

Celtic will play host to Ajax who will have to control the in form Volland to win the game. Home Win

Feyenoord travel to Bordeaux and should be ok to keep their 100% record for the season. Away win forecast.

The might of Madrid is on the bus to Stuttgart with only two points separating them. Should be a cracker of a game. Draw the result.

DIV 2

Cologne moved back to top spot on goal difference in Div 2 this round and will travel to Manchester to play the noisy neighbours who are just oone point behind them.  The new managers are starting to settle in and this weill be a close one but I think the visitors may just have the edge. Away Win.

Guangzhou are also a point off the pace and should be too strong for Fenerbache. Away win forecast

065172-didier-drogba.jpg

Hertha BSC Official

Didier Drogba signs

Hertha BSC are delighted to announce the signing of Didier Drogna from Montreal Impact on a 2 year deal. The 38 year old forward will add much needed experience in the team and manager Venk expressed his delight on the transfer.

"I am extremely happy that the club management have shown extreme efficiency in getting Drogba as per my instruction. Hertha needs player like him to push the team at all the times if we want to challenge for silverware this season. He is a leader and a great player to have in any dressing room. I am looking forward to see him in training"

Drogba becomes Venk's 6 signing for the season as Venk sets his site on the title for this season.

javi_fuego_8.jpg

Hertha BSC can also confirm the signing of free agent Javi Fuego for the upcoming season. The veteran defender has signed a three year contact with Hertha and will for the heart of the German side's defense alongside Stones.

I am interested in joining, can someone PM me all the rules needed to know?

Hi Majstor...thanks for your interest.

Unfortunately at this time we are limited to 16 managers and all teams are full. However you can get an idea of the rules from the first page of this forum. 

Please watch the forum where we will post if we have a vacaancy.

065172-didier-drogba.jpg

Hertha BSC Official

Didier Drogba signs

Hertha BSC are delighted to announce the signing of Didier Drogna from Montreal Impact on a 2 year deal. The 38 year old forward will add much needed experience in the team and manager Venk expressed his delight on the transfer.

"I am extremely happy that the club management have shown extreme efficiency in getting Drogba as per my instruction. Hertha needs player like him to push the team at all the times if we want to challenge for silverware this season. He is a leader and a great player to have in any dressing room. I am looking forward to see him in training"

Drogba becomes Venk's 6 signing for the season as Venk sets his site on the title for this season.

javi_fuego_8.jpg

Hertha BSC can also confirm the signing of free agent Javi Fuego for the upcoming season. The veteran defender has signed a three year contact with Hertha and will for the heart of the German side's defense alongside Stones.

Interesting pick up...nice.

Got me thinking about Lukaku. They are talking about figures of 75 Mill for him at Chelsea. Wasn't it Chelsea that sold him?

This section will be for rules that we make along the way to keep them in one place.

RULE ONE: RESPECT - This purpose of this GW is to have fun and a bit of a challenge. From time to time things can happen that will test our patience and cause heated discussion. Hence rule one. I expect every manager to treat others with politeness and respect. Personal insults and slurs will not be tolerated. Racial and religious slurs and insults will not be tolerated. If managers cannot treat each other with a professional respect in their discussions the offending manager will be asked to leave the group...and that is the last thing we want. So people...PLEASE PLAY NICE

Rule Breach - Hertha Berlin

Hertha Berlin have overspent their player purchase budget by approximately half a million pounds. Obviously this is not a huge a mount of money but it is a breach of the budget cap. I have spoken with Manager Venk and can see that this was entirely accidental due to confusion with the start of season figures listed on the forum. Actually it is probably a good thing I spotted the error during a random check as Venk thought he still had more budget available so the breach could have been much higher. Under normal circumstances we would impose a playing ban on the player last bought and instruct that this player would have to be sold once the transfer ban was up. On this occasion two players were purchased at the same time (Drogba and Fuego) and the amount paid for Drogba is not enough to bring the budget back in line so it is Fuego's purchase that has caused the club to break their budget. 

It was discussed that we cold impose a reduction in budget for Season 3 but I am a bit loathe to do this as I prefer to have any penalty like this one apply to the season in which it occurs. 

With this in mind Player Fuego is now unavailable for team selection until the budget is brought back into line. This may be achieved immediately by either selling an available player or waiting until the TB is up and selling Fuego. The choice is entirely up to the Manager concerned on this occasion.

In addition the funds obtained by the sale of the player may then be used to buy a replacement so long as the budget is not then overspent again.

I can see that this is an honest error but we have always said that breaches of the rules would be penalised and therefore cannot back down from the position at the first breach.

I would like to thanks Venk for his co-operation and understanding during this process and to my co-conspirators Huddo and Smut for their input helping me come to this conclusion. 

but you ignored my advice to get the solicitors involved!

Match day 4 - REVIEW

PSG will travel to Stoke looking to add to their win against Sunderland. Away Win Here
Draw 1-1 - 0-1

Sunderland are in need of a result but will entertain an unbeaten Berlin so they will have a tough game. Away Win Here

Berlin too good for the Black Cats - 1-2 the score - 1-1

Newcastle will welcome Hanover to Tyneside sitting on the edge of the drop zone. Home win here because they are about due a good one.

Wrong again - Newcastle started well but 3-1 down at half time too much for them. Final Score 2-3. 1-2

Frankfurt will be looking to maintain pressure at the top of the league when they travel to an out of sorts Club America. Draw forecast.

Even worse for Club America who almost snatched a point just past the hour. 1-2 the final score - 1-3

Seattle will be at home to Olympiacos and if they cannot pick up the points in this one they may be in for a long season. Home Win

Strong win to Seattle 3-1 - 2-3

Celtic will play host to Ajax who will have to control the in form Volland to win the game. Home Win

Good away win to Ajax. My keeper had a bad day Ajax didn't 0-2 - 2-4

Feyenoord travel to Bordeaux and should be ok to keep their 100% record for the season. Away win forecast.

Feyeboord too strong on the road win 0-2 - 3-4

The might of Madrid is on the bus to Stuttgart with only two points separating them. Should be a cracker of a game. Draw the result.

Good win away for  Madrid 0-1 - 3-5

DIV 2

Cologne moved back to top spot on goal difference in Div 2 this round and will travel to Manchester to play the noisy neighbours who are just oone point behind them.  The new managers are starting to settle in and this weill be a close one but I think the visitors may just have the edge. Away Win.

New leadsership at Man City gets the result 2-0 - 3-6

Guangzhou are also a point off the pace and should be too strong for Fenerbache. Away win forecast

guangzhou slip up at Fenerbache 1-0 - 3-7

Match Day 5

Div One - Feyenoord and Berlin even at the top - Frankfurt only 2 behind them...then a bit of a gap. At the bottom Newcastle worst of the managed teams with 2 draws and a loss. Unmanaged clubs 3 of the bottom four.

Div Two - Corinthians and Fenerbache on 9, Torino and Man City (best of the managed) on 8. Cologne and Guangzhou need to pick up a little.

Berlin to host PSG and the Germans are looking hard to toss. Home Win Forecast

Hanover to Host Sunderland and Huddo's Black Cats need a win. Draw the best here

Frankfurt to host Newcastle and this is a toughie for the Geordies who need points but Eintracht are flying. Home Win

Club America travel to Olympiacos who have shown some good signs this season so far. Draw forecast

Seattle will visit Ajax who are having a better season as we knew they would. Home win here

Celtic on the road to Feyenoord. Tough game for the hot and cold Scots. home win most likely

Atletico Madrid will play Bordeaux and should get the result with ease - Home Win

Stuttgart host Stoke who were favourites to go straight back down. Home Win

DIV 2

Guangzhou host Swansea and must win - Home Win

Cologne welcome Fenerbahce who accounted for Guangzhou in the previous round and need to be wary - Home win

Man City will travel to SL Benfica and will look to continue their drive to the top - Away win here

RANDOM EVENTS - Changes to how they are calculated for season 2.

The random events are calculated as follows:

1. The event is sorted by random.org after the 5th round.

2. random.org is first asked to select a number between 1 and 16. The club list has been prepared from the current league positions but will remain static from here.

1.    Feyenoord

2.    Berlin
3.    Frankfurt
4.    Ajax
5.    Hanover
6.    Madrid
7.    Celtic
8.    Stuttgart
9.    PSG
10.  Seattle
11.  Sunderland
12.  Club America
13.  Newcastle
14.  Manchester
15.  Cologne
16.  Guangzhou

3. Random.org will then be asked to select a number between 1 and 20 to assess the event. This means that you now have a 1 in 10 chance of getting a Major event or a Reward and a 4 in 10 chance of getting either a Minor or Medium event if you club is selected.

1. Major
2. Minor
3. Medium
4. Minor
5. Medium
6. Minor
7. Medium
8. Minor
9. Reward
10. Major
11. Medium
12. Minor
13. Medium
14. Minor
15. Medium
16. Minor
17. Medium
18. Minor
19. Medium
20. Major

The rest is up to my imagination for a story line.

Match Day 5 - WRAP UP

Div One - Feyenoord and Berlin even at the top - Frankfurt only 2 behind them...then a bit of a gap. At the bottom Newcastle worst of the managed teams with 2 draws and a loss. Unmanaged clubs 3 of the bottom four.

Div Two - Corinthians and Fenerbache on 9, Torino and Man City (best of the managed) on 8. Cologne and Guangzhou need to pick up a little.

Berlin to host PSG and the Germans are looking hard to toss.

Home Win Forecast - Drogba scores on Debut but PSG get the draw 1-1 - 0-1

Hanover to Host Sunderland and Huddo's Black Cats need a win. Draw the best here

Sunderland get their act together but leave it late. Chairman says he has every faith in the manager. 0-1 0-2

Frankfurt to host Newcastle and this is a toughie for the Geordies who need points but Eintracht are flying. Home Win

Defoe still getting on the score sheet but the real Newcastle turned up today for a 2-1 away win 0-3

Club America travel to Olympiacos who have shown some good signs this season so far. Draw forecast

Olympiacos 2-0 and too strong for their visitors as CA drop into the relegation Zone 0-4 (preictions going well I thought)

Seattle will visit Ajax who are having a better season as we knew they would. Home win here

Ajax showing how much  they are improving beating Seattle 2-1 1-4 (One for the good guys)

Celtic on the road to Feyenoord. Tough game for the hot and cold Scots. home win most likely

Celtic beat the leaders 1-2 on the road...and it is VOLLAND again scoring both. 1-5 (Do not mind getting this one wrong)

Atletico Madrid will play Bordeaux and should get the result with ease - Home Win

As predicted easy win 2-0 2-5

Stuttgart host Stoke who were favourites to go straight back down. Home Win

Stuttgart with a comprehensive 4-0 win over Stoke.3-5

DIV 2

Guangzhou host Swansea and must win - Home Win

Guangzhou get it done with a 1-0 win at home 4-5

Cologne welcome Fenerbahce who accounted for Guangzhou in the previous round and need to be wary - Home win
Cologne cruised past Fenerbahce 4-0 with Totti on the scoresheet 5-5

Man City will travel to SL Benfica and will look to continue their drive to the top - Away win here

Manchester City all class on the road with 2 goals and a clean sheet. Klaasen with both. 6-5

Match Day 6

DIV 1

​Berlin move to the top courtesy of their draw a point clear of Feyenoord and 2 clear of Ajax, Atletico and Eintracht. Club America drop into the bottom three with 3 points. Seattle on 4 and Newcastle on 5 are keeping them company

DIV 2

Manchester City take the top spot a point clear of Real Sociedad with Cologne in third with a group of clubs with 9 points. Guangzhou a little off the pace in 9th but only a point behind Cologne.

...and in other news:

Frankfurt Winger Quincy Promes actually had to make his own way to the ground after missing the team bus for their recent home game. As a disciplinary measure Promes has been stood down by the club for one game and fine one weeks salary.

Leaders Berlin will travel to Stoke and really should not have too many problems getting three points. Away win here

PSG got a good draw in the last round away from home and are favourites to win their next encounter against Hanover although the lads from Lower Saxony will not be an easy take. Home win

Sunderland got back on track last round and will face Frankfurt at home who will be hoping everyone gets on the bus this week. Home Win Here

Newcastle will host Olympiacos who now need to show they can win away from home. Home win forecast

Club America really need a win but Ajax are travelling quite well at the moment. Away Win here

Seattle will host Feyenoord smarting from a home loss. This will be a tight one and I favour the draw

Celtic at home against Atletico Madrid looks a mouth watering match. If the Spaniards can stop Volland they should take the pints but he is on fire at the moment with 7 goals from 5 games. Home Win

Stuttgart travel to Bordeaux and should take the points. Away win

DIV 2

Guangzhou travel to PSv and would love the win to maintain the run to promotion back to the top flight. Away Win

Cologne travel to Swansea and should account for the Swans Away Win

Manchestere City are flying and should put Lokomotiv to the sword at the Emirates - Home Win

Match Day 7 - WRAP

Sorry I missed this one guys but things have been a little hectic here so here are the results anyway.

Berlin again failed to make an impression away from home. Hanover take the points 1-0 despite a MOTM performance from their keeper. Only 1 shot on target all game. 

Frankfurt hit the top of the league with a 2-0 win over PSG despite a MOTM performance by Zoet. Again only 1 shot on target for the losing side.

Again Olympiacos prove tough to beat at home. Sunderland just scrape the draw courtesy of an own goal 1-1

Ajax came up against the real Newcastle who scored two second-half goals to take the points.

Feyenoord loss makes it three in a row for the boys from Smut-land. Need to check the wheel nuts are tight here. Sanches scores the only goal for Club America.

Atletico held to a scoreless draw by Seattle in Madrid

Celtic beat Stuttgart in Germany with a goal in each half.

Bordeaux and Stoke pla out a 0-0 draw in France.

DIV 2

Guangzhou cruise to a 2-0 win over St Etienne

Cologne beat PSV 1-0 with an early goal

Manchester City slip up at home to Sporting CP

When we set the GW up the idea was that the teams in Div 2 would be competitive following relegation. It appears this is the case.

Match Day 8

So in Div one Frankfurt take top spot on 16 - 2 points clear of Berli with Hanover and Celtic a further point behind.

Paris have slipped into the bottom three with Olympiacos the proomoted team still holding just above. Sunderland and Seattle in danger zone territory.

In Div Two Besiktas have moved to top spot on 15. Cologne are 2 points adrift in second then five clubs a point further back including Manchester City and Guangzhou

Will one of the relegated teams not bounce back....watch this space.

Hanover travel to Stoke and look too good in this one - away win Forecast

Leaders Frankfyrt trael to Berlin where the home side will be looking to stop the slide. Draw here

PSG will welcome Olympiacos - Dangerous game for the French side. Draw here again

Sunderland play host to Ajax who will be smarting over the home loss last round. Sunderland need the win as a loss could see them in relegation territory. Draw here

Newcastle welcome Feyenoord and will look to produce similar form to their last game. Trouble is they always seem to play better away from home. Away win here

Club America will host Atletico with Madrid looking sharper at this time. Away Win here

Seattle to host Stuttgart and the visitors will look to recover some form. Home win because Seattle are tough to beat at home

Celtic to have a visit from Bordeaux. Home side should be too strong. Home Win

The forum has a new interface. narrower and slower to load....SM is alive and well I see.

In fact I am trying to save this comment but it does not seem to want to do it. I have enough time to type this additional information.

Plus it is double spacing...and I still cannot save it

In the end I had to close the page after copying the original text...reload and try again to finish the message.

OH DEAR!!!