Keystone

Would The New Sir Alex Please Stand Up

You are just the man destined for a team headed to the championship :P

You do realise this is a game right? Can one of Huddo's less dense countrymen please explain to him how this works since he seemingly has yet to differentiate between real life and online gaming.  :rolleyes:

Yes I have been randomly selected Newcastle United.

I'd let you have Newcastle and I'd also let Laura have Ajax, since they're your favourite clubs.

But random draw for the rest of us, except if Gordon wanted a specific team as GW owner.

You are just the man destined for a team headed to the championship :P

That's mean, Mr. Hudson.  :P

Plus, I reckon Villa, Sunderland and Norwich (no offence, Gordon) will go down.

I'd let you have Newcastle and I'd also let Laura have Ajax, since they're your favourite clubs.

But random draw for the rest of us, except if Gordon wanted a specific team as GW owner.

That's mean, Mr. Hudson.  :P

Plus, I reckon Villa, Sunderland and Norwich (no offence, Gordon) will go down.

Now Pedro...you and I were really starting to get one well there :P . Actually I will agree with you if they lose against Swansea tonite. Norwich have to win against Newcastle, Sunderland, Swansea and Palace and I think they will stay up...but it is tough now.

Certainly add you to the list and welcome....we are just about to get together and see if we will extend to 16 Managers as well...might take a day :)

Thanks,

i think i understand what is going on and with Matt and Noisy managing, avoiding relegation should be easy.

Guys, I stopped advertising when we had 15 trustworthy managers interested and I was waiting for another 3 to get back to me, which hasn't happened yet.

Now I'm gonna advertise the setup some more, so we can get the 16th manager onboard.

Assuming we're going with 16, as imo it would be a bit nasty to leave one or more trustworthy managers out.

But Gordon has the final say, of course. ;)

Guys, I stopped advertising when we had 15 trustworthy managers interested and I was waiting for another 3 to get back to me, which hasn't happened yet.

Now I'm gonna advertise the setup some more, so we can get the 16th manager onboard.

Assuming we're going with 16, as imo it would be a bit nasty to leave one or more trustworthy managers out.

hi Pedro...appreciate the effort and am still waiting for you on Skype :)

However I think it is important to mention that when we say trustworthy managers we are not suggesting that any of the managers that have applied are NOT trustworthy.

One of the problems with setting up these sorts of GW's on SM is that, because SM has most of the control over the mechanics of the game world it requires experience to be a part of them and also the ability to stick with it. If one manager decides to screw the whole think up they can just by, for example, not logging in, buying the wrong players, spending too much cash etc. For this reason GW owners at this level try to sign on managers they have worked with before and have a track record with in other game worlds. However, in the end we do need 16 managers. Lets leave it a little longer and see who else applies and then we will be ready to move forward again.

Probably worth mentioning here that Penalties for going over squad caps, spending too much or buying players in the "too high" rating area will most certainly be hard because these things have to be adhered to for the enjoyment of all.

Pedro has actually been the toughest manager to beat for me. I think i only have 3 wins against him in about 10-12 matches... 

Unfortunately, Huddo doesn't share a similar record as pedro :)

Wait, you can't beat Pedro? 

Hehehe, I should take the title again in this methinks :P

you are welcome to put an advert in AD3, i'm sure everyone will see it as it's a busy time with transfers.

I can vouch for Justin X, Gordon.

Also, I didn't say any of the managers here ain't trustworthy.

What I said was that I knew 15 (now 16) were.

As for the others, I haven't been in enough setups with them to have a formed opinion.  ;)

No offence to any of them!

I'm all for giving newbies a chance.

For instance, Whisperr is on the reserve list for my 2nd custom GW.

But this ain't my setup, so I don't feel comfortable recommending people I barely know.

Finally, I didn't know you were in such a hurry for the Skype talk.

Idk what we could do on Skype that we couldn't do by e-mail, but okay.  :)

I'll e-mail you my Skype name so we can arrange a good time to talk.

PS: cheers, Paul, but as you rightly pointed out, the newsfeed in AD3 is gonna be flooded by transfer news real soon.  :D

Besides, with Justin we're 16, so I reckon we're good to go.

I genuinely hope that this is gonna last more than 3 seasons. We've got good set of manager so far and certainly most of us has learned what's good to take and what problem to solve from same type of GW before. Random events are gonna be interesting for sure and like I said in the email, I hope punishment will handed out accordingly in first season to not create huge gap

Is there any point in only spending 70m this season?  i can't see what happens in future seasons so it would be nice to know if i would be able to have the extra 10m at some stage in the future.

I've stated my interest through other ways already, but glad I finally found time to read the thread, glad to be part of this!

In advance I'd like to state my preference for Ajax, and my dislike for Feyenoord :P However, random club would be fine too. 

Just wanted to get it out there in case someone wants to swap ;)

As far as the problem with other clubs buying drafted players, can't we do the draft in advance and allow everyone to buy those players as soon as the GW opens? It's just a matter of putting in your bid on time then, so everyone can be responsible for their own players. Not sure if it works practically speaking, but just a suggestion.

Is there any point in only spending 70m this season?  i can't see what happens in future seasons so it would be nice to know if i would be able to have the extra 10m at some stage in the future.

I think somewhere in the rules it says that you can't take any 'left-over' budget to next season. So I don't think there is a point to spending less than you are allowed to, unless you simply can buy all the players you want for less ;)

I've stated my interest through other ways already, but glad I finally found time to read the thread, glad to be part of this!

In advance I'd like to state my preference for Ajax, and my dislike for Feyenoord :P However, random club would be fine too. 

Just wanted to get it out there in case someone wants to swap ;)

As far as the problem with other clubs buying drafted players, can't we do the draft in advance and allow everyone to buy those players as soon as the GW opens? It's just a matter of putting in your bid on time then, so everyone can be responsible for their own players. Not sure if it works practically speaking, but just a suggestion.

I think somewhere in the rules it says that you can't take any 'left-over' budget to next season. So I don't think there is a point to spending less than you are allowed to, unless you simply can buy all the players you want for less ;)

thanks, i couldn't find that.

problem is that with a maximum of 25 players and the 87 limit, it is easy to fill the squad with less than 80m but if i don't benefit later then there i have to re think.

I know that with empty squads, we have a longer time until the first game but at what stage does the squads get filled up to 21, we don't want a situation where the draft takes a long time and in the meantime players are added.

Are you two going  to be talking on skype all night long or are we going to get this started?

I really do hope Pedro hasn't found out what you can do on skype that you can't do by e-mail, we might not hear from him again.

yep, as Laura said, we should do the draft before the GW is opened, the good thing is that now all player values are the same, across gameworlds, (except the concern factor and all that complicated stuff).

Wait, you can't beat Pedro? 

Hehehe, I should take the title again in this methinks :P

Pretty sure pedro's the only person i don't have a win % of above 50 against ;)

however, my results have been less consistent on the new engine.....

I'm starting to think this gw should be renamed Huddo the human punching bag :P

Actually my record on SM is not that bad at all :)

some of us have different standards :)