Would The New Sir Alex Please Stand Up

But he said the budget also does not carry over, so it doesn't make sense to save it for the next season anyway ;)

The financial side sounds good but it would also help to know from the start whether at some stage we are allowed to spend whatever we like because saving 6m each season for 6 seasons makes a huge difference if, in the 7th season ,we can spend what we like.

300m -74m will leave 6m extra than if i spend 80m,  regardless of the amounts we are allowed to spend next season i will always have an extra 6m in the bank if at some stage we can spend whatever we have in the bank.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking News                                          Following rumors of dressing room problems in the league Feyenoord have today reported that talented young player Diego Reyes will be stood

Season over and Gordon is due a big thank you for all his work.         THANK YOU

Lord Bendtner be like:

Posted Images

The financial side sounds good but it would also help to know from the start whether at some stage we are allowed to spend whatever we like because saving 6m each season for 6 seasons makes a huge difference if, in the 7th season ,we can spend what we like.

300m -74m will leave 6m extra than if i spend 80m,  regardless of the amounts we are allowed to spend next season i will always have an extra 6m in the bank if at some stage we can spend whatever we have in the bank.

Let me reinforceit again...the money from the previous year, if unspent, will NOT carry over. If you only spend 74 then the 6 is lost. You cannot save money from seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and have additional money to spend in season 6.

i do understand that we can't carry over money to  next season, which is why i was checking 'whether at some stage we are allowed to spend whatever we like?'

Seeing as the rules aren't fully in place , i just wanted to check that this won't happen somewhere along the line.

i do understand that we can't carry over money to  next season, which is why i was checking 'whether at some stage we are allowed to spend whatever we like?'

Seeing as the rules aren't fully in place , i just wanted to check that this won't happen somewhere along the line.

Yeah I get ya but to me it seems the question is somewhat rhetorical. The budget will be set for each season. If we decide to say spend whatever you like it would not matter if you had saved it from previous seasons because you can only spend what left anyway. Sorry if I am missing something from your question. what we are trying to achieve is a slowish growth towards the top players that will prevent the place from getting stale to early. In my mind we will never reach a point where one club can get all the top players and never sell anyone. The whole concept of the game is to have a good team that will remain competitive...so you will have to buy good players...maybe develop some etc. The squad number restrictions are also to ensure that you cannot build a squad...sell a few risers and use that method to buy top players too quickly and get the jump on other managers that way. And I can tell you for sure...if one club finds a way to get a squad of 21, buy one big name and then they get relegated it will not be hard to work out which player will be leaving the club. There is of course no salary budget restriction at this point...we left that out. So if you can get players that develop into world class that is to your benefit...you do not have to sell them if they cross 87 in the first year. That is a bonus for that club.

1 question, how many rounds we'll have here? 8×2=16 or 8×4=32?

Do you mean competition rounds? It will be one division of 16 teams...30 rounds for the season.

If you mean the draft...it will be 10 rounds of 2 players to make 20 and then buy the remaining 5 when the GW opens with whatever cash you have left.

Planning ahead are you? :P

:D

I'm pretty sure it won't happen tho.

People only need to focus on their own players, which will be on the OP of the draft thread.

I trust Gordon will ask people to buy their draft picks 1st and only then give the thumbs up to proceed to the open market.

I'd also advise people to shortlist their draft players, as soon as they enter the setup.

So if an oblivious manager bids on 1 of them, the other manager can PM the former.

I'd personally say, in the very unlikely event that it happens, the offender would be forbidden to use their 1st draft pick and would have to sell him to external once the TB is up.

People only need to focus on their own players, which will be on the OP of the draft thread.

I trust Gordon will ask people to buy their draft picks 1st and only then give the thumbs up to proceed to the open market.

I'd also advise people to shortlist their draft players, as soon as they enter the setup.

So if an oblivious manager bids on 1 of them, the other manager can PM the former.

I'd personally say, in the very unlikely event that it happens, the offender would be forbidden to use their 1st draft pick and would have to sell him to external once the TB is up.

Shouldn't it be common sense to shortlist your draft picks? ;p

Gordo, what is the penalty for buying someone elses draft pick?

No harm in reminding people of that tho.  :P

Some (like me, actually) may belong to the distracted kind.  :D

Hi Folks...rise and shine time in Australia...

As I think you will all see from the questions experienced managers understand how this should be done. This is my thinking but I am open to discussion.

Step one...log in to the GW as fast as you can after it opens and shortlist your picks. Please do NOT shortlist other players

Step two...as soon as bidding can start buy your drafts. No bidding on any other players until drafts are in (At least that's the plan...hopefully all managers will get on with it)

Step three...buy your additional players.

My only question to the experienced ones amongst us is how fast will the other unmanaged clubs start to pick up the remaining players?

I am therefore hoping that there will not be a problem with buying someone elses pick but I agree...it is difficult to provide an adequate penalty because of the TB.

So having given it a bit of thought how about this for a punishment.

If a club buys a draft selection of another club...that player SHALL NOT be allowed to play until the TB is up and then must be sold. In addition the PV Value of that player will be reduced from the budget of the offending team for season two.

How does that grab you...let me know please.

Hi Folks...rise and shine time in Australia...

As I think you will all see from the questions experienced managers understand how this should be done. This is my thinking but I am open to discussion.

Step one...log in to the GW as fast as you can after it opens and shortlist your picks. Please do NOT shortlist other players

Step two...as soon as bidding can start buy your drafts. No bidding on any other players until drafts are in (At least that's the plan...hopefully all managers will get on with it)

Step three...buy your additional players.

My only question to the experienced ones amongst us is how fast will the other unmanaged clubs start to pick up the remaining players?

I am therefore hoping that there will not be a problem with buying someone elses pick but I agree...it is difficult to provide an adequate penalty because of the TB.

So having given it a bit of thought how about this for a punishment.

If a club buys a draft selection of another club...that player should be allowed to play until the TB is up and then must be sold. In addition the PV Value of that player will be reduced from the budget of the offending team for season two.

How does that grab you...let me know please.

In bold: I presume you mean "should not", right, mate?  :)

And I agree with that punishment.

Only thing i disagree with is that the player should not be eligible to play imo. Be more responsible! If you buy someone else's draftee you shouldn't be able to use them. 

However as pedro said I don't think we should have any problems.

Yeah, of course.

Gordon meant the "stolen" player can NOT be used.  ;)

I'm not being impatient, just wondering if i have missed the info.

Has the gameworld been made?

I saw Keystone post that he was off to make it 12 hours ago and i can't see any more info. 

Great work Gordon, replying to my post without even seeing it.

We can't go wrong with this kind of effort from you and Pedro.