pedrooliveira

Carpe Diem (draft thread)

Hi Pedro...with respect to you I do not think that making these comments here is constructive. I told you that I have organised a way through Skype to handle issues and I believe that this is one of those for a number of reasons. We have a four man committee to run the GW consisting of Huddo, Cookie you and me and we should all be able to state our case and resolve the matter quickly. I would appreciate it if you would adhere to my request to enable us to talk it out and come to a decision. I have a couple of thoughts in mind I would like to run past you. Then we can clarify the situation. If we approve the change it can be done at any point and any money saved used to buy players later in the game. Their is no need to halt the draft at all and as far as I can tell no one has suggested that you should. So please proceed with the draft and lets talk it through please.

Alright, mate, but I don't know which part wasn't constructive.

I just explained the situation.

And we have already lost time.

But I'll go on Skype, sure.

Dunno what good it will bring, as all this seems pretty pointless and counter-productive.

The draft has been running quite smoothly since we all started cooperating.

"Just fix what ain't broken", I reckon, but whatever...

I'lm off to Skype then. 

OK...Resolution time.

In order to keep things moving we have resolved as follows:

While the rules of the draft were in place with the intention of make your pick and keep it, we have resolved to change the rules as follows:

Every Manager will now have the opportunity to cancel ONE and ONE ONLY pick that they have made earlier in the draft and make a new selection. This new selection must be made after the completion of the draft. Please let Pedro know if you need to make a change and he will keep an eye on it all.

Thanks for your patience. I will now be away fromn the computer for a while so any discussion on this will have to take place when I get back. The draft will continue under this guideline.

I agree with Gordon, you guys have the organising group to discuss things like this and then come back, that's the point of it.

Matt should be allowed to change but imo this opens the door to future changes? I'd say that Matt cannot change his player whose value is more than half of Sane the free agent?

Still I feel there is too much in-fighting going on here, like a power struggle, which I do not understand. This will be a success once we iron this out.

EDIT: Just saw your post Gordon, great decision, fair one.  :)

To avoid potential domino changes, maybe just limit the chance to change picks once for each person? That way it won't be too much additional task for Pedro and each manager need to think carefully if they really want to change their pick. After that one change, if you simply cannot afford your pick, then it's your own fault

EDIT : LOL. I didn't read Gordon post :P

And people give this jerk forumer of the year awards. Grow up old bald.

Well at least you have not taken to insulting my mother again. That's right people this is the kind of coward that has been let into this set up that he made derogatory remarks about my mother in his native tongue and thought he could get away with it. You call me a hot head? I have read many of your recent posts and most of them breed negativity you big troll, something you should be checking Cam cos this guy is THE biggest troll on the forums. Justin I would love to meet you in person so I see if you are as mouthy then, I know you won't be you are just a keyboard warrior with no bottle you little gimp. I imagine it is pent up sexual frustration with you, since the only breast you have sucked on is the one you were fed on as a child.

Okay im going to moderate when i get home but for now in my moderator capacity next personal insult slung gets banned. I am already likwly gping to have to hand some points as is. On no level is what you both matt and justin are posting appropriate. Settle it on another platform if you fwel you have to

Okay im going to moderate when i get home but for now in my moderator capacity next personal insult slung gets banned. I am already likwly gping to have to hand some points as is. On no level is what you both matt and justin are posting appropriate. Settle it on another platform if you fwel you have to

Just go one better and kick the little mug out of the thread permanently and watch how the thread will revert back to being full of banter and not personal slurs.

Well at least you have not taken to insulting my mother again. That's right people this is the kind of coward that has been let into this set up that he made derogatory remarks about my mother in his native tongue and thought he could get away with it. You call me a hot head? I have read many of your recent posts and most of them breed negativity you big troll, something you should be checking Cam cos this guy is THE biggest troll on the forums. Justin I would love to meet you in person so I see if you are as mouthy then, I know you won't be you are just a keyboard warrior with no bottle you little gimp. I imagine it is pent up sexual frustration with you, since the only breast you have sucked on is the one you were fed on as a child.

OK GUYS...I go to great lengths to remove the personalities from our discussions but if people do not want to do that it WILL cause issues.

please cease immediately personal attacks and comments...and that applies to us all . I only used Matts comment to demonstrate his response to one he received.

As in football...play the ball not the man.

Last time i want to say this.

OK GUYS...I go to great lengths to remove the personalities from our discussions but if people do not want to do that it WILL cause issues.

please cease immediately personal attacks and comments...and that applies to us all . I only used Matts comment to demonstrate his response to one he received.

As in football...play the ball not the man.

Last time i want to say this.

Remove the troll and the problem is eradicated. It really is that simple. 

Like seriously I'm the greatest troller?:D

I told you already, if you want to see me in person come to India. You are most welcome in my country.

Ok so, I'll be the big guy and not going down to your level, let's move ahead.

I pick Tom Carroll and Leo Baptistao.

Like seriously I'm the greatest troller? :D

I told you already, if you want to see me in person come to India. You are most welcome in my country.

Ok so, I'll be the big guy and not going down to your level, let's move ahead.

I pick Tom Carroll and Leo Baptistao.

Justin I have spoken with Matt about this war of words you two are having and asked him to stop it. I am now asking you the same. As you have said...lets move ahead and have no more of this please.

Justin I have spoken with Matt about this war of words you two are having and asked him to stop it. I am now asking you the same. As you have said...lets move ahead and have no more of this please.

Yes mate, I'm not even interested in these kinda conversations.

Okay, work calls, so I'm gonna leave you for now.

Noisy is next to pick.

His next turn is originally scheduled to 6 PM-6:29 PM  (GT), during which time I'll log back in.

So we'll never be behind schedule.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but keep sending me lists, please!

Small ones should do from now on, as the hottest players are long gone and - looking at the lists you've been sending me lately - people are starting to disperse their choices, as expected.

See you later then!  ;)

Okay, work calls, so I'm gonna leave you for now.

Noisy is next to pick.

His next turn is originally scheduled to 6 PM-6:29 PM  (GT), during which time I'll log back in.

So we'll never be behind schedule.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but keep sending me lists, please!

Small ones should do from now on, as the hottest players are long gone and - looking at the lists you've been sending me lately - people are starting to disperse their choices, as expected.

See you later then!  ;)

picks fired over Pedro.

Still I feel there is too much in-fighting going on here, like a power struggle, which I do not understand. This will be a success once we iron this out.

Only words I'm gonna waste on this whole situation, I agree with this statement. And I would like to point out to everyone involved in all this shouting and screaming (and before anyone starts pointing fingers again, that includes people that are continuously pointing fingers) that you are seriously ruining this game-world for the rest of us. It's extremely tiresome and annoying to read through all this childish bickering. So as has been pointed out several times already, please get over it and behave like grown ups. Additionally, this also goes in situations where you think someone else is being childish, repeatedly pointing that out is at least equally pathetic. 

Sorry for being the one who's bringing it up again but in my brief career on SM this is honestly the first time that I considered stepping out, I just hope that pointing that out will give people a little insight in how these talks look from the outside.