pedrooliveira

Carpe Diem (draft thread)

no idea if anyone has chosen two players from the same unmanaged club but if they have, is it possible that they won't get them both.

by the time the first transfer has gone through, the other player could of been bought by the unmanaged club.

i hope the strict penalties will be enforced if sm have made yet another improvement without telling us, which means there are no longer free agents and clubs then overspend.

How long to managers have to buy their picks?

Gozzy:  R7 - M. SELS & BEN DAVIES

I just saw that Gozzy's pick M.Sels has got a rating increase of +1 and his new rating is 88. Is he still eligible to be a part of this GW?

Oh, 93 mil? Not bad since the limit is 90. I'm assuming all the free agents means I'll end up below the 90 mil mark :P

The limit is 80M mate. ;)

My expenditure so far:

External players-

1.  JANUZAJ -8
  2.  RONALDINHO - 0.6
  3. ALI ADNAN - 5
  4.  FOKET - 3
  5.  JARA - 2.3

TOTAL= 18.9 ;)

Free Agents-

1. S. DARDER - 7
  2. BERAHINO  - 7
  3. TOLISSO - 8
  4. HARAGUCHI -4
  5. STAMBOULI - 5
  6. C. N'JIE - 4
  7. RAGGI - 2.4
  8. HENDRIX - 5
  9. T. KRAFT - 3.9
  10. TOM CARROL - 2.4
  11. BAPTISTÃO - 6

TOTAL AFTER 25% REDUCTION = 40.7

GRAND TOTAL = 59.6

REMAINING = 20.4 B) 

I just saw that Gozzy's pick M.Sels has got a rating increase of +1 and his new rating is 88. Is he still eligible to be a part of this GW?

The limit is 80M mate. ;)

Re M SELS....We have said that if you buy a player and he rises that is your good luck. However on the other side we have not actually bought them yet. I would be happy to go either way so if people want to vote on it through here I will go with the flow.

LET ME KNOW PEOPLE....

no idea if anyone has chosen two players from the same unmanaged club but if they have, is it possible that they won't get them both.

by the time the first transfer has gone through, the other player could of been bought by the unmanaged club.

i hope the strict penalties will be enforced if sm have made yet another improvement without telling us, which means there are no longer free agents and clubs then overspend.

How long to managers have to buy their picks?

I guess it could happen Paul...hopefully it will not....if you shortlist them wil that slow the bids down for the unmanaged clubs?

we will cope with SM if we have to - there are always situations beyond anyones control.....there will be a strict penalty if players go over budget.

If they want their players they should move fast once we are up and running. For the remaining players the minimum squad is 21...and 2 keepers...so get that and then work it out from there.

For any issues that arise I am happy to consider weird things that happen but mostly - penalties will apply.

Re M SELS....We have said that if you buy a player and he rises that is your good luck. However on the other side we have not actually bought them yet. I would be happy to go either way so if people want to vote on it through here I will go with the flow.

LET ME KNOW PEOPLE....

I'd let Gozzy keep him.

But only if we can keep our players that rise beyond the rating cap.

Otherwise it's unfair to the rest.

PS: Cam is taking forever to pick.

I'll log back in at 6ish.

We're almost there guys, come on!  ;)

If you can, send me a few more players (in case you haven't already, of course).

I'll update the OP once I get back.

Yup, gonna spend the day doing the work I've left unfinished this week.

Yup, you guessed it, because of this draft.  :)

I don't mind tho, it ain't he 1st time I've worked on weekends.

See you guys, later!

LET ME KNOW PEOPLE....

He should be able to buy him. 

I guess it could happen Paul...hopefully it will not....if you shortlist them wil that slow the bids down for the unmanaged clubs?

we will cope with SM if we have to - there are always situations beyond anyones control.....there will be a strict penalty if players go over budget.

If they want their players they should move fast once we are up and running. For the remaining players the minimum squad is 21...and 2 keepers...so get that and then work it out from there.

For any issues that arise I am happy to consider weird things that happen but mostly - penalties will apply.

i don't think shortlisting players will slow down any transfer, but if anyone is in that position they need to allow for one player not being a free agent in case they go over their 80m.

i think that once a player has been chosen in the draft, then he should be allowed to be bought if he rises after being chosen.

How long do managers have to buy their picks?

How long do managers have to buy their picks?

I am sorry but I am having trouble with the repeat of the question Paul.

They are asked to buy their draft players as quickly as possible and get the suqad to 21 players with two keepers before the start of the season. The other four is up to the manager. The squad is min 21 max 25.

Gozzy should be able to keep Sels and I should be able to keep Depoitre  :)

With regard to the question about the draft picks...if I change the question it might help.

Does anyone have any problems with the rule being "Once selected in the draft the player can be bought if they rise before buying is completed?"

With regard to the question about the draft picks...if I change the question it might help.

Does anyone have any problems with the rule being "Once selected in the draft the player can be bought if they rise before buying is completed?"

As long as you are aware when setting up the GW you will have to alter the max rating you can buy to 88 (or more if there are other draft picks that rise higher than that.)

Guys... if you chose 2 players from unmanaged clubs they're both free agents lol. and you can bid on both... it shouldn't be a problem. 

the only complication is externals, which actually shouldn't be a problem since those guys won't get bids (like me picking Boufal and nangis from Lille)

Gozzy should be able to keep Sels and I should be able to keep Depoitre  :)

I agree tbh, they rose because they were good picks, they were picked when they were 87 or less. Would be harsh to punish them for SM's bad timing ;p

Unless of course the price changes drastically with the rise and they might want to change their pick, then I would say we should allow that. 

I am sorry but I am having trouble with the repeat of the question Paul.

They are asked to buy their draft players as quickly as possible and get the suqad to 21 players with two keepers before the start of the season. The other four is up to the manager. The squad is min 21 max 25.

if i want a player that has been picked by someone in the draft, is there a time limit on when he becomes available?

what if Matt decides he doesn't want that player he chose, he doesn't say so but the player remains at external, is there a point when i can bid for him?

it is possible that someone realises he has too many players of one position or has miscalculated his spending, therefore leading to a situation of not wanting a draft pick.

it is possible to get your drafts in within 3 days so could we say that after 5 days everyone become available to bid on? 

Guys... if you chose 2 players from unmanaged clubs they're both free agents lol. and you can bid on both... it shouldn't be a problem. 

the only complication is externals, which actually shouldn't be a problem since those guys won't get bids (like me picking Boufal and nangis from Lille)

I agree tbh, they rose because they were good picks, they were picked when they were 87 or less. Would be harsh to punish them for SM's bad timing ;p

Unless of course the price changes drastically with the rise and they might want to change their pick, then I would say we should allow that. 

thanks for that, it has been a long time since i have started with empty squads and wasn't sure what would happen.

Thanks Barca...

So it doesn't vary much...or it may vary slightly...which do you prefer :P:P

GEEZ...talk about picky :)

Correction, it does not vary at all, unless the player develops concerns in which case their value drops, or SM toggles with their prices (they've been toggling around with prices for weeks, In one gameworld i had Luke shaw who was 28mil, then 20mil, then 24mil, then 18mil, then 16mil... i think he's either 12 or 8mil now).

SM made the values set in the new update, however, like i said, they (stupidly) adjust values day to day sometimes, maybe they're not sure what certain guys should be worth. I remember I picked Lemina in HD King's draft league and he was switching from 4mil to 6mil everyday and that was annoying because then i would have to pay 4,5mil instead of 3mil when i had 4mil to spend. 

At least i sold luke shaw for 28mil in that gameworld^ and now he's worth under half of that lol.

anyway, i haven't seen it happening as much, so all my prices are checked. 

i SHOULD have a 6-8mil cushion if i get my top picks for round 10, but it could be as low as 3mil depending on who i get. 

if i want a player that has been picked by someone in the draft, is there a time limit on when he becomes available?

what if Matt decides he doesn't want that player he chose, he doesn't say so but the player remains at external, is there a point when i can bid for him?

it is possible that someone realises he has too many players of one position or has miscalculated his spending, therefore leading to a situation of not wanting a draft pick.

it is possible to get your drafts in within 3 days so could we say that after 5 days everyone become available to bid on? 

As for this, you cannot bid (yourself nor the other unmanaged clubs) cannot bid within the first 48 hours of the gameworld.

But as soon as it opens (0:00 GMT) it's opened. I don't think the unmanaged clubs will bid within the first 2 days, if i remember correctly. It could be a bit longer though. But i'm pretty sure you'd have the 1st 2 days to grab your drafted free agents which is more than enough. As for the free for all after, I'm not as sure. 

thanks for that, it has been a long time since i have started with empty squads and wasn't sure what would happen.

I've been in too many ;p 

As for this, you cannot bid (yourself nor the other unmanaged clubs) cannot bid within the first 48 hours of the gameworld.

But as soon as it opens (0:00 GMT) it's opened. I don't think the unmanaged clubs will bid within the first 2 days, if i remember correctly. It could be a bit longer though. But i'm pretty sure you'd have the 1st 2 days to grab your drafted free agents which is more than enough. As for the free for all after, I'm not as sure. 

thanks but what i'm asking is will there be a time limit on chosen players from the draft as we all have extra players to buy, will there be a cut off time for manager's to buy the players they have chosen?

Similar to Paul can I just pick my remaining players when we bid in game as I'm far too occupied now to find players. Reason I've been pretty inactive over the last few days.

you sound just like Pedro, pretending you have a life away from sm.