pedrooliveira

Carpe Diem (draft thread)

Ugh, sorry for the delay!

It took me longer than expected to finish work.

Will update the OP soon.

EDIT: if people are gonna keep their drafted players who rose to 88, then the rest of us must be allowed to keep any player who rises to 88/89 during season 1.

It's a matter of equal treatment.

Coz, when you draft a player, you're basically buying him.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm a bit surprised that the question of being allowed to keep a player after he rises is even raised. Wouldn't it be madness if you couldn't keep them? As far as I read, the signing cap is 87, not the owned players rating cap or whatever. There is absolutely no point in choosing or even drafting players, if you can't keep them once they rise. Then it would just be a matter of filling the squad and playing games, a completely different setup if you ask me. 

And yes, as far as I'm concerned once a player is picked in the draft, you can get him regardless of rises. The only question is, what if his increased value takes you over budget?

I also think the presumption should be that everyone buys their drafted players, so that those players are out of bounds for other managers regardless. In the case of a drafted player staying unpurchased for a long long time, I'd say the only mature thing to do is talk it out with the manager involved. Unless someone really drops out, I don't see any reason for someone not to buy their drafted players. Unless they clearly state that they don't want a certain player anymore (in which case I think it's only decent to inform everyone of that choice ASAP), don't go after players that are included in the draft. Let's keep the drama to a minimum folks :)

PS. Keep in mind that nowadays values are also based on how 'hot' a player currently is. Some young players of equal rating and age have huge value difference, because they're a hot prospect according to whoever decides on that kinda stuff for SM. So that's the main reason why a player like Shaw goes up and down in value, I think (albeit ridiculous how much he fluctuates).

I'm a bit surprised that the question of being allowed to keep a player after he rises is even raised. Wouldn't it be madness if you couldn't keep them? As far as I read, the signing cap is 87, not the owned players rating cap or whatever. There is absolutely no point in choosing or even drafting players, if you can't keep them once they rise. Then it would just be a matter of filling the squad and playing games, a completely different setup if you ask me. 

And yes, as far as I'm concerned once a player is picked in the draft, you can get him regardless of rises. The only question is, what if his increased value takes you over budget?

I also think the presumption should be that everyone buys their drafted players, so that those players are out of bounds for other managers regardless. In the case of a drafted player staying unpurchased for a long long time, I'd say the only mature thing to do is talk it out with the manager involved. Unless someone really drops out, I don't see any reason for someone not to buy their drafted players. Unless they clearly state that they don't want a certain player anymore (in which case I think it's only decent to inform everyone of that choice ASAP), don't go after players that are included in the draft. Let's keep the drama to a minimum folks :)

PS. Keep in mind that nowadays values are also based on how 'hot' a player currently is. Some young players of equal rating and age have huge value difference, because they're a hot prospect according to whoever decides on that kinda stuff for SM. So that's the main reason why a player like Shaw goes up and down in value, I think (albeit ridiculous how much he fluctuates).

That's the thing, Laura.

It says "rating cap".

I totally agree with you.

I told Gordon, from the beginning, it should be signing cap, otherwise good scouting is punished instead of rewarded.

if i want a player that has been picked by someone in the draft, is there a time limit on when he becomes available?

what if Matt decides he doesn't want that player he chose, he doesn't say so but the player remains at external, is there a point when i can bid for him?

it is possible that someone realises he has too many players of one position or has miscalculated his spending, therefore leading to a situation of not wanting a draft pick.

it is possible to get your drafts in within 3 days so could we say that after 5 days everyone become available to bid on? 

OK...lets try to clarify this...but the important thing to note it THE 80 MILL BUDGET REMAINS IN PLACE

1. When the GW opens no one can bid straight away. Shortlist your selections immediately.

2. As soon as bidding starts buy your selections.

3. All clubs have five players still to buy.

4. All squads must be at Minimum 21 by round 1

5. All draft players are off-limits until AFTER round one...then they are open slather.

With this in mind, to take care of risers

1. You can keep a player that rises above rating cap AFTER draft selection.

2. The ratings cap will be set higher than 87 to accommodate this - don't abuse it please

3. The 80Mill budget remains in place for season one. You have 5 players still to buy and you will have to adjust your budget to accommodate this.

RE: wanting to change draft picks

1. There is nothing we can about it if a manager does not pick up a draft player...by the time we realise it is happening it would upset everything else

2. The squad must have at least 21 players by round 1

3. A manager has five picks that are not draft picks

4. If you want to drop a draft player you must use your five picks to replace them and get to 21 by round one.

5. Dropped draft picks can only be replaced AFTER round one

6. 80 Mill budget STILL APPLIES for season one.

Dele Alli's price also rose from 14mil to 16mil today (SM random value changes)

keep that in mind @Closer

and pedro took Stefan Bell, i was going to use my switch for him, i still have another player in mind. 

Dele Alli's price also rose from 14mil to 16mil today (SM random value changes)

keep that in mind @Closer

and pedro took Stefan Bell, i was going to use my switch for him, i still have another player in mind. 

I didn't know about Bell, sorry!

If you told me that via PM and I missed it, I'll let you have Bell.  :)

I didn't know about Bell, sorry!

If you told me that via PM and I missed it, I'll let you have Bell.  :)

I didn't tell you yet (i just said I wanted to switch my Sule pick), I was going to ;p you can have him if you want, unless you want Sule, Sule would cost me an extra mil and every bit of cash counts. 

that's okay, i'll see if someone else cheaper is there

Cool!

Alright, guys, THE REGULAR STAGE OF THE DRAFT IS OVER!

At this point, we enter the "1st come, 1st serve" phase.

So it's indifferent if you PM me your choices or post them here, on the thread.

Thank you very much for all your collaboration!  :)

Ugh, sorry for the delay!

It took me longer than expected to finish work.

Will update the OP soon.

EDIT: if people are gonna keep their drafted players who rose to 88, then the rest of us must be allowed to keep any player who rises to 88/89 during season 1.

It's a matter of equal treatment.

Coz, when you draft a player, you're basically buying him.

Just my 2 cents.

We have said all along you keep riser Pedro...no change in that. Never put a distinction on how many they rise.

Cool!

Great work Pedro organising us ferals :)

Cool!

Great job Pedro

Please be aware of my recent post about draft players.

All selected drafty players are available to the manger only until after round one.

All clubs must have 21 players at the start of round one

the 80 Mill budget remains.

Great job Pedro

Please be aware of my recent post about draft players.

All selected drafty players are available to the manager only until after round one.

All clubs must have 21 players at the start of round one

the 80 Mill budget remains.

0_o ?

you mean if the manager who drafted a player does not buy them by round 1 they're on the open market? I don't quite understand.

Also =)

I switched my Sule pick to Mbemba, saves 1.75mil, and im surprised no one took Mbemba. 

of course i would've preferred Maksimovic

Areola - 4.5 (full price 6mil)

Tah- 6 (7.5) (full price 8mil/10mil)

Bazoer- 9 (full price 12mil)

Zielinski- 3

Milik- 5.25 (full price 7mil)

Weiser- 3.75 (full price 5mil)

Boufal- 7

Mbemba- 5.25 (full price 7)

Tufan-6 (full price 8mil)

Schlupp-3 (full price 4mil)

Whelan-1.5 (slightly less-full rpice 1.932... rounded off to 2mil)

Arrizabalaga-2.25 (full price 3mil)

Linetty-3mil

Nangis-3mil

Craig Dawson= 2.25 (full price 3mil)

Charlie Daniels=2.256mil

Ricardo Oliveira = 408k

Gareth McAuley= approx 403k (full price = 537k)

Jedinak = 2.483

Burdisso= 912k (approx to 1mil)

= approximately 73mil on my 20 players. 

Oh finally almost over! Can't wait to open the GW, also before any other players are going up, and cost more.
I also want to state i agree with Laura about keeping players who rise, or else there was not reason to make so much fuss about the draft, we could all buy random players of 87 for all positions and play with them..

Oh i never asked for you to complete off old lists, please remove kngolo and sarabia cheers.

Sure thing, mate.

I did it just in case.  ;)

Oh finally almost over! Can't wait to open the GW, also before any other players are going up, and cost more.

I also want to state i agree with Laura about keeping players who rise, or else there was not reason to make so much fuss about the draft, we could all buy random players of 87 for all positions and play with them..

Yup, completely agree!