Carpe Diem (draft thread)

pedrooliveira

i'm not if gozzy has messaged pedro his list, but i'll put my first two picks in now to keep things moving,

huth, kimmich

i'm not for one second suggesting you shouldn't get your choices  but you are an hour too late with them. I can see this problem  happening a few times.

Do we just ignore everything and post our choices within our window or wait for the previous manager's choices?

i'm not for one second suggesting you shouldn't get your choices  but you are an hour too late with them. I can see this problem  happening a few times.

Do we just ignore everything and post our choices within our window or wait for the previous manager's choices?

mine were sent on time so i'm not quite sure how you've worked that one out, i gave gozzy til the last minute to post his two but as he may have sent his list to pedro i've put mine on here to keep things going on time, 

I was only going by the time you posted your choices on here and i am only highlighting the problems we have at the moment, we don't know what players are gone by the time it is our choice.

There are currently 10-12 players chosen that i can't see so how do i choose my 2 players?

Whoever fails to PM me a list with enough players (to cover the maximum number of players that can be picked till their turn arrives), or doesn't post their pick on time, will only be able to choose when their next turn comes.

You should not have posted your picks. Go ahead only if the person before you has announced their pick, or Pedro has updated the OP.

You should not have posted your picks. Go ahead only if the person before you has announced their pick, or Pedro has updated the OP.

if i send a list then i could end up with 2 first choice gk's or none at all.

As i'm no. 15 , i get 4 picks within an hour, i could end up with 4 gk's if i send in a list without seeing who has been chosen, i don't think it is right that i should lose 20% of my budget on 3 players i won't use .

As i'm no. 15 , i get 4 picks within an hour, i could end up with 4 gk's if i send in a list without seeing who has been chosen, i don't think it is right that i should lose 20% of my budget on 3 players i won't use .

I totally agree. This is always the issue when one manager fails to keep things rolling, which is not helped by Pedro's inactivity during the day

I am off work all week and if nobody has any objections I can fill in during the day for Pedro. It was inevitable it would stall at some point and unfortunately it was odds on it was going to be Gozzy.

I've been down with the flu for the past few days, I can't get to drafting anytime soon as I'm off to sleep now, so just skip my turn if and when it comes by.

I sympathise with you mate I am the same, been bed ridden....well couch ridden since Sunday with no sign of improvement. If you have a list of players forward them onto Pedro.

I totally agree. This is always the issue when one manager fails to keep th ing rolling, which is not helped by Pedro's inactivity during the day

I am off work all week and of nobody has any objections I can fill in during the day for Pedro. It was inevitable it would stall at some point and unfortunately it was odds on it was going to be Gozzy.

Put that condition in the list then.

Or send Pedro two lists, according to how you think players may be picked. 

Just send your list before your time comes up.

I sympathise with you mate I am the same, been bed ridden....well couch ridden since Sunday with no sign of improvement. If you have a list of players forward them onto Pedro.

Take care Matt.

I'm too exhausted to send a list to him now, it doesn't matter, I can do with skipping my turn, I'm not too fussed.

Get well soon guys!

I'm wondering tho, isn't that just the risk of submitting a list? I mean, just because you miss out on your first choice GK doesn't mean there won't be any GK's available. Basically the draft means you get to secure two players at a time, so if you submit a longer list, it doesn't mean you will get them all. I submitted multiple players to Pedro as well, but I put them in order of preference. If I run out on a defender because the person before me got him, it's up to me to decide if I care enough to put another defender as my number three, or if I go for another player first.

If you think you'll risk ending up with four GK's, then don't put four GK's in a row on your list. Shouldn't it be simple like that?

Also, if everyone just submits like a top 10 or so now, the first round of draft can progress without everyone being present. Just stick to your time as a deadline for when you submit multiple players in order of preference. I'm not that experienced with drafts like this but it seems that simple to me tbh.

I pm my list with conditions ;p 

For example:

(i'll use ineligible players)

*Message*

This round i'm looking for a forward and a midfielder

my preference for forwards would be:

1) Higuain

2) Suarez

3) Lewandowski

4) Aguero

5) Aubameyang

my preference for midfielders would be:

1) Pogba

2) Xhaka

3) Gundogan

4) Sterling

5) Barkley

*however, if my forward pick is Suarez, Lewa, or Aguero, and i can get Pogba, skip Pogba, and go the the 2nd-5th on my list since that would be too expensive. (pretend this makes sense)

;)

I pm my list with conditions ;p 

For example:

(i'll use ineligible players)

*Message*

This round i'm looking for a forward and a midfielder

my preference for forwards would be:

1) Higuain

2) Suarez

3) Lewandowski

4) Aguero

5) Aubameyang

my preference for midfielders would be:

1) Pogba

2) Xhaka

3) Gundogan

4) Sterling

5) Barkley

*however, if my forward pick is Suarez, Lewa, or Aguero, and i can get Pogba, skip Pogba, and go the the 2nd-5th on my list since that would be too expensive.

;)

I'm not interested in the draft if i have to write a list that allows for 14 different options, there are 7 people before me, i don't know if Gozzy's picks stand because he is late with his choices, if they don't then the next person was also late and the next 5 we don't know. I now have 10 minutes left of my window and i can't make a choice, in 40 minutes it is my turn again. I'm not going to repeat myself so i'm in a situation where i can't choose.

yes, but it doesn't work in the current situation.

Yes, since we're not sure if they sent pedro their picks or not. 

I'd say you should pick, but it's also unfair to them, because of the time of their picks for example, for me, my picks are at 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon, i won't be up at 3 in the morning !

Rahul and I were actually in another draft GW recently (SM fantasy draft), that worked well because we had 3 people conducting the draft, myself, Rahul and HD King, so someone was basically always online, everyone pm'd their picks to the 3 of us, and it worked well. Maybe if we could give pedro some help it would work just as well.

I should have messaged Pedro about my picks,apologies for that.

I pick Mahrez and Kimmich btw

Hold on a second. 

You didn't PM Pedro with a list?

Then that means after your round is over you'd have forfeited your chance, and Cvilhete's choices are valid.

Subject to the opinion of Pedro and co. of course.

sm Steve has opened a post asking for advice on improvements to customs, please take advantage of it , remembering that removing current improvements can be regarded as improving customs.

Myself and Keystone have had posts deleted on here because we mention the new/old interface, the posts were relevant so should not have been removed by steven.

if he deletes my post again, i will keep posting the same post and i'm sure it won't take long until they stop me posting, so if you don't see me posting, you know why.