pedrooliveira

Carpe Diem (draft thread)

See guys, didn't I tell you I'd take care of it?

The only 3 people missing picks didn't send me players for round 2.

In Gozzy's case, no players for round 1 either.

I'll start working earlier so I can finish earlier, till the draft is done.

Tomorrow I'll be online from 6:15 PM (game time), the latest.

I'll pop by the forum in the morning, before work, as well.

If you have some issues, just PM me, don't post them on the thread, please!

In the meantime, try to keep sending me lists.

7 or 8 players should last you 2 rounds.

And please, very important: send your lists to my forum inbox or to my primary in-game account (Pedro Oliveira, rep 273, favourite club  - Braga, same pic as the forum one, username - pedrooliveira).

Coz otherwise I'm gonna have to keep checking my 6 accounts + my forum inbox, which is pretty tiring and may cause some confusion.

Thx in advance for your cooperation!  :) 

EDIT: we're now ahead of schedule.

Laura's next, to pick the 2 players for her 3rd draft round. ;)  

Wow... Huddo takes Haller, and here i was thinking no one would get him

also takes the LB i was going for next round.

I thought no one would have noticed Haller ;p

dammit. 

I will send my 4th round picks. 

and i will find Huddo and hide under his bed to scare him. 

as you can see i have posted my choices at 1.30pm, which is the 1min late due to me giving gozzy up until the last minute to post his choices (which i have already explained to you) gozzy did not do his in time so, he will have to pick 4 when his turn comes back around, i understand where you are the time zones might be different but ive definitely posted mine on time, so drop me out the convo please, thanks

as i keep saying, i'm not trying to stop you getting your players but you have your times mixed up and it was 61 minutes late, which is why i mentioned it.

Your post was 2.30 gametime and your time limit was 1.29.

It doesn't matter to me what the outcome is but you havn't realised the right time in any post.

The list doesn't work for me so i'm happy to miss out on my round and if you still can't understand my posts on why then it is now very clear here.

i gave Pedro a list and then it was very clear that it wouldn't work so i told him to ignore the list, he has now used it as we were in a situation where it was the best option.

top of my list was a gk and Matt chose him, he is one before me , if i had seen this when it was my time to choose i would have chosen my 2nd choice gk, now i don't have a gk.

I can not write a list to compensate for playing being chosen or not ahead of myself when there are a potential of 14 players that might or might not have been chosen.

I am not complaining about Pedro's great work or the draft but i don't understand how this problem can't be seen.

I feel it will speed up the process if i state now i won't be picking anyone and i'll pick up my players when everyone has signed their picks.

As Barca had said earlier, if we had more people handling this, it would have been easier. Or as I had suggested to Gordon, a WhatsApp group, where people would have been quicker to respond.

This is in no way a slight to Pedro whose work and contribution to this I respect and acknowledge but I feel he is doing too much work here regarding the draft and while I know he has experience in the Spanish draft set-up, Huddo, Barca and I have been in draft set-ups too which is why we could have been of some contribution here. Given that I am sitting at home due to my fever I could have well facilitated things here, since half of the managers here are around the Pacific region if I'm right, including me. I like the draft though as it spares me bidding wars, but in this case, it could be better handled, and done quicker, rather than all of us waiting for Pedro to update the OP and wondering what's going on. The novelty of a 'draft' is something only Pedro is experiencing properly here as he is conducting it. 

And like Paul said I'm not a fan of 'lists' either, I like to make my choices at the moment rather than well in advance, I'm not fussed if I miss my turn due to not giving a list. 

My feverish mind indicates to me that there has been a fair bit of drama here so I do not want to excaberate it further but this is just my two cents regarding what's happening here. 

PS- Paul, please check AD3 and see where my Barzagli has landed up, and what a farce it has become. Tbh this post was intended primarily to get you to see this since you aren't online in game and PM's to your forum account aren't working, but I got carried away and spoke what I had to regarding the draft. So this post achieves both its aims, which is good.

Wow... Huddo takes Haller, and here i was thinking no one would get him

also takes the LB i was going for next round.

I thought no one would have noticed Haller ;p

dammit.

I will send my 4th round picks.

and i will find Huddo and hide under his bed to scare him.

:o

hmm, can't i pick now even though i missed the time and some made choices ahead of me? (i don't mean their choices, different ones) I have to wait until round 4 to give 8 players? What's the case?

Just send a list of players in DM to Pedro. Make sure it's enough to cover all the possible choices before you. Then Pedro will figure it out and you will read the outcome in the OP. :D

Well that's what i said. Making a list of 20-30 players is pointless and time consuming. I would send a list if the draft rounds were announced and updated and i could see which players were gone.

But then all of a sudden, all rounds are completed in a heartbeat and i lose my round.

It would be better if at least we could make our round picks even if we're late and next rounds for some people are made and kept intact, instead of waiting for full round again to be completed to give our previous rounds' choices.

But then again that's the rules, so ok.

LOL what am I doing. Picking ineligible Mahrez ( to be fair I only pick him because 87 rated cap isn't written in OP when I picked and I see Vardy in the list) and already picked Kimmich. I've sent Pedro with my list of players for future turns.

Well that's what i said. Making a list of 20-30 players is pointless and time consuming. I would send a list if the draft rounds were announced and updated and i could see which players were gone.

But then all of a sudden, all rounds are completed in a heartbeat and i lose my round.

It would be better if at least we could make our round picks even if we're late and next rounds for some people are made and kept intact, instead of waiting for full round again to be completed to give our previous rounds' choices.

But then again that's the rules, so ok.

I'm afraid you'll have to pick 6 players in your next turn, mate.

A list of 10 / 12 players, tops, should do.

People will disperse their prefernces, since most of the hottest players are already gone.

Alright, guys, I'm proud of you, coz you've been helping me a lot with this!

Next turn is Paul's.

His hour interval is from 3:30 PM to 4 PM (GT).

Which means it's only gonna be 2 and a half hours between that period and the time I'll be back online.

Which means that a maximum of 12 players (since the draft order will reverse again from round 3 to 4) can be picked till I'm online.

So the last person to pick before I log in will need to send (if they haven't already) a list with no more than 6 players - wwhich ain't tough and I guarantee will be enough.

Then I'll be able to resume the draf and update the OP.

I appreciate your concern, wanting to help me run this and all.

But from past experiences in Spanish forum setups, I can assure it will cause confusion, rather than being somewhat useful.

If you have any issues with the draft, please PM me, okay?

I'll sort it out, I promise.

No need to post it on the thread.  :)

See you later!

Weiser was one I was thinking about, solid RB for Hertha and should be on for a rise end of the season. 

Good one Barca  :P

I wanted a good RB and i had a feeling you or someone else might grab him before i did ;p

I really wanted Haller, i just halfway filled out the rest of my list and got Milik. I'll take it though.